PDA

View Full Version : Dogs in RV?

Dakota Rose
02-25-2007, 09:04 PM
We're thinking of driving to WDW in our RV with our family and 2 dogs.

Are the dogs allowed to stay in our RV unattended while we're in the parks? Are we required to walk them/check on them a certain # of times during the day?

And slightly unrelated, how long is the bus ride from MK? I'm trying to schedule in dog checks.

FloridaTeacher
02-25-2007, 09:28 PM
To have dogs at Ft. Wilderness, you will need to book a site in a pet loop and you need to have a hard side RV (ie. not a tent or pop-up). Also at check in, you have to pay an extra $5.00 a night.

Other than that, there are no other requirements (except, of course for the general leash/clean up rules). If you kennel your dogs, however, you are required to go walk them, etc.

We always take our dogs (bassett hound & yorkshire terrier). They love Disney too. :D Our schedule is that we walk them in the morning, go do a park, go back to the rv for an afternoon break and doggie time with a walk, go back to a park, then walk them before turning in for the night. They are very content in the motorhome with their toys and familiar surroundings. :mickey:

87 Days and Counting 'til we're back at Fort Wilderness and WDW!!!:thumbsup:

FloridaTeacher
02-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Forgot to add, the best way to get to and from Magic Kingdom is by boat. They run from about an hour before the park opens to an hour or two after the park closes. Takes about 20 to 30 minutes (depending on the crowds).

Kidatheart
03-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Hello Florida Teacher!!
Hope to bump into you there!!!
79 days 4 Hours and 4 Minutes
:mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

RocklandRVers
03-22-2007, 07:29 PM
I think a lot depends on your dog's disposition. Our Jack Russell Terrier is used to being home alone during the day while we are all at work/school. So we try to keep to a similar schedule when we take him RVing including Disney. Our routine is very similar to FloridaTeacher in that we get up and give him a good walk and then turn on the AC and leave a radio or the TV on. OH and we make sure it nice and dark by putting in reflective sunshades in all the windows in addition to pulling down the drapes. Then we hit the parks or go sightseeing early and come back in the afternoon for a rest, lunch, pool and OH YES doggie time. Its his vacation too. Usually when we get back we find him fast asleep in his nice quiet dark nicely chilled environment. Sometimes its so nice we crawl in a join him for a nap!

I think as long as your poor dog isn't like some that we hear whining and moaning in neighboring campers it should be fine and Disney will be happy. Their concern is obviously that a pet is not being neglected.

tungpo1
05-24-2007, 07:56 AM
I would suggest the 1600 loop the sites are big and spread apart rather then the 800 which the sites are close. The only thing is the 1600 loop is far away from the beach and the Meadows trading post, rent a cart and you will be fine.