PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Question

HJL413
02-25-2007, 09:46 AM
We leave in 3 days and have a question about Southwest check in process. I understand the A, B, C boarding passes, however, need to know when they can be printed. I need to know if it is exactly 24 hours before departure or midnight the day before. I also would like to know if return boarding passes can be printed at the Polynesian, thanks

HARRY

NLODisney
02-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Excatly 24 hours before departure you are able to print your boarding passes. We had our return passes printed at the concierge desk in the lobby of the Poly for our return trip. Years ago you were bale to print them at midnight but the 24 hour window is much better. Just don't forget to get them to return home. I was about 6 hours late because I forgot and we ended up in c group.

Jeri Lynn
02-25-2007, 10:07 AM
FYI - this past November we stayed at the BC and were at the Magic Kingdom at the 24 hour mark, I was able to go to Guest Services at the front of MK and they printed out our boarding passes for us, that way we didn't have to rush back to the hotel in hopes of getting an "A" boarding pass. What great service!:mickey:

May524
02-25-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm suprised guest services at the MK did that. I was at DTD and tried printing out my boarding pass at guest services and they wouldn't do it.

faline
02-25-2007, 04:14 PM
I had guest services at the Magic Kingdom print mine a few weeks ago. They were very gracious, did it right away and it only took a minute or two.

Beckybalz
02-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Can they print out your boarding pass even if you have luggage to check or are they only able to print it out if you are traveling with only carry-on items?

DizneyRox
02-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Online check-in has nothing to do with checked bags. Everyone can do online check-in. If you have bags to check, you do that when you show up at the airport.

tinkerbell615
02-25-2007, 11:03 PM
I was at Epcot this past weekend and Guest Services allowed me to print my SW boarding passes there. They were extremely helpful and friendly as always.

It is exactly 24 hours ahead. If you try to print 24 hours and 1 minute it will not work!

LisaMarie
02-26-2007, 01:20 AM
If you are going to check in while in a park - make sure you bring your confirmation # with you. You can also check in yourself if you have a cellphone capable of accessing the internet. Go to mobile.southwest.com.

TinyDancer
02-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Actually, to be particular, it is 23 hours and 59 seconds! I tried last year (we were in a bit of a panic, lol, my Dad had no power to check in and my Mom was trying to say goodbye literally at the 24 hours mark) and it didn't work until one minute after the 24 hour mark. Just so you don't panic as I did and think it isn't going to work! You can also just check in and have your passes printed at the airport, if I'm not mistaken, both going and returning. Another idea is to sign up on your cell phone, have your confirmation numbers with you, and you can check in that way (you have to have internet connection however) and then have the passes printed at the airport. We set ourselves and alarm and checked in from the petting zoo at Animal Kingdom, lol. If you have any question, PM me and I'll send anyone a link to the phone online checkin. :mickey:

DMApixie
03-12-2007, 09:15 PM
FYI - this past November we stayed at the BC and were at the Magic Kingdom at the 24 hour mark, I was able to go to Guest Services at the front of MK and they printed out our boarding passes for us, that way we didn't have to rush back to the hotel in hopes of getting an "A" boarding pass. What great service!:mickey:

A couple of questions regarding the online check in at the parks...

1. Is this service available at all the parks? (So far in this thread I see it is available at MK and Epcot.)

2. Do they do this for any park guest that asks, or do you have to be staying on property to receive this service? (We are staying in a condo off property, but I am sure we will be in one of the parks 24 hours before we fly home.)

WDWfeelslikehome
03-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Wow! That is great to know, I always just checked in when we got back to the lobby that night, it was always A or B and it worked out for us. But if we can do that at the parks with guest services, even better. Yet another perk of WDW.:mickey:

DMApixie
03-14-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm just gonna bump this as it is about to 'fall off' page one and I really really need to know the answers...:D

A couple of questions regarding the online check in at the parks...

1. Is this service available at all the parks? (So far in this thread I see it is available at MK and Epcot.)

2. Do they do this for any park guest that asks, or do you have to be staying on property to receive this service? (We are staying in a condo off property, but I am sure we will be in one of the parks 24 hours before we fly home.)

I have one more question about Southwest's boarding pass check in. If we have to change planes (we do), do we get a boarding pass that corresponds to the original boarding pass, or are we destined to board last on the second plane? I.e., if we get an A on the 1st plane, do we 'automatically' get an A for the 2nd?

Thanks all!!!

May524
03-14-2007, 02:37 PM
If we have to change planes (we do), do we get a boarding pass that corresponds to the original boarding pass, or are we destined to board last on the second plane? I.e., if we get an A on the 1st plane, do we 'automatically' get an A for the 2nd? [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Thanks all!!!

Once when I had a connecting flight I had an A on one flight and a B on another...but it is possible I'm sure to have A or B on both! Just luck of the draw!...or mouse click :)

faline
03-14-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm just gonna bump this as it is about to 'fall off' page one and I really really need to know the answers...:D

I have one more question about Southwest's boarding pass check in. If we have to change planes (we do), do we get a boarding pass that corresponds to the original boarding pass, or are we destined to board last on the second plane? I.e., if we get an A on the 1st plane, do we 'automatically' get an A for the 2nd?

Thanks all!!!

You need separate boarding passes for each flight so you'd have to get your boarding passes at the 24 hour mark for each segment. In the days before you could do this on-line and had to show up at the airport, we had a connecting flight. Our original flight came in very late so we, of course, ended up with C passes. In fact, because they also changed gates on us, we were one of the last ones to board and ended up in different sections of the plane.

WDWfeelslikehome
03-15-2007, 06:04 AM
When we booked my flight online through Southwest, and had to change planes, we were issued a set of boarding passes for both flights when I checked in online. We had A's for both planes, and didn't have to do the online check in twice. That was in Feb. '06, so I don't know if it has changed in the last year or not.

faline
03-15-2007, 09:05 AM
When we booked my flight online through Southwest, and had to change planes, we were issued a set of boarding passes for both flights when I checked in online. We had A's for both planes, and didn't have to do the online check in twice. That was in Feb. '06, so I don't know if it has changed in the last year or not.

You're probably more up to date than I am! Thanks! :mickey:

King Triton
03-16-2007, 01:10 PM
If I'm not mistaken, you can online check-in for your Southwest flight from any internet connected computer and choose not to print the boarding passes at that time (you still get your A, B, C at this time). Then when you get to the airport, you put your credit card in the kiosk and get the real passes. Does this sound correct??

You may have had the midnight vs. 24 hr. confusion because Southwest USED TO have online checkin at midnight for their flights, but they changed it a couple of years back to 24 hrs. before your flight.

luvdiznee
03-18-2007, 01:26 PM
So for those 7 am departures what do we do? Have to wait until MK opens at least, I guess. :mickey:

TooGoofy
03-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Most resorts will gladly print off your boarding passes for you. CBR printed off ours with no trouble at all!

DISNEYFIX
03-18-2007, 01:56 PM
So for those 7 am departures what do we do? Have to wait until MK opens at least, I guess. :mickey:

Have someone you know do it, back home maybe?:D

luvdiznee
03-18-2007, 02:07 PM

Yes, thought about that. But as far as getting a printout that wouldn't be totally necessary?

Beast_fanatic
03-18-2007, 03:09 PM
You can print the boarding passes at the airport even if you have someone check you in somewhere else.

DMApixie
03-19-2007, 12:52 PM

That's a GREAT idea. :thumbsup: Now, since I have a 10:35am EST return flight back to CA...do "my people" on the west coast check me in at 7:35am PST or do they have to wait 3 hours until 10:35am PST to meet the 24 hour rule?

Or...am I just waaaaay overthinking this? :scratch: Yes, I think I am!

luvdiznee
03-19-2007, 05:24 PM
You can print the boarding passes at the airport even if you have someone check you in somewhere else.

Good to know! Thanks! :mickey:

Fangorn
03-20-2007, 08:11 PM
That's a GREAT idea. Now, since I have a 10:35am EST return flight back to CA...do "my people" on the west coast check me in at 7:35am PST or do they have to wait 3 hours until 10:35am PST to meet the 24 hour rule?

Check-in for a flight begins 24 hours prior to the flight's scheduled departure. So "your people" need to check you in at 7:35am PST for your 10:35 EST flight. Just remember, they will need your confirmation number and the name on the credit card used to purchase the tickets. They can't check you in without BOTH pieces of information. Once they've checked you in, the only thing you have to do is have your boarding passes printed when you check in your luggage. You will need your confirmation number then as well.

Steve

MissT
03-21-2007, 01:08 AM
Another idea, if someone at home can check in for you, you can check in and just print your boarding passes at the airport so you don't have to keep track of them at the park or hotel. Actually, it will also work if you check in 24 hours ahead of time at Disney and print them at the airport.

DMApixie
03-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Thanks Steve!!! :thumbsup: