PDA

View Full Version : insurance

FatCat
02-19-2007, 06:14 PM
So I have heard that external trip insurance is the way to go.

It is cheaper and you do not need to pay for it until it is time to pay your final deposit 75 days out.

Thoughts, opionions,

Recommended coverage?

Thanks guys & gals

ElenitaB
02-20-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm "special needs" in the insurance category due to a chronic medical condition. Therefore, I have to be careful when I purchase insurance (I have to be able to work, not within a certain period of time following surgery, etc.)

It's wise to look into policies before you buy (I could have easily tripped myself up by not knowing the stipulations).

That said, you definitely want to make sure that all of your vacation is covered (air travel, hotel stays, etc.), not just the cruise itself.

nat
03-18-2007, 08:44 PM
HI, I just helped my parents purchase insurance for there cruise. We made one big mistake, you SHOULD purchase the insurance within 15 days from "the day that you BOOKED the trip"! It is much cheaper and there are many clauses, pre-exisiting, ect. I am not sure if I can mention the website (insuremytrip.com) hope thats OK, but they have many companys that you can pick and compare from. They are also very helpful if you call and all the insurance companys are rated. Hope this helps. They also have a "cancel for any reason policy", it will only pay you back 75% of your money but its better than nothing if you are in a jam???

Magic Fanatic
03-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Last year I booked my Disney Cruise vacation through Magical Journeys. My mother and her husband were traveling with us. My mother had recently been diagnosed with her second bout of breast cancer and we were very concerned that she would not be able to make the trip. Well, Nanci at Magical Journeys recommended a travel insurance company that accepted pre-existing conditions and were priced very reasonable. My mother was able to make the trip and while on the ship developed a stress fracture in her hip that called for several trips to the ships doctor. It was not a problem, once back home the company paid everything in full. I cannot remember which company we used but I know Nanci follows this board and I am sure she can let you know.

On a final note, we made this trip as a family last April and my mother passed away in September, but that last trip together as a family is a memory my entire family will always cherish.

AvaNellMouse
04-02-2007, 08:50 PM
We also used the MJ suggested insurance. My DH got really sick and was confined to the cabin for 48 hours of our 4-day cruise. :ack: :sick:
We submitted a claim for 1/2 of our total cruise price because HELLO - I'm not going into Nassau all by myself!
They paid it without any question. I did write a virtual doctorial thesis on our experience. :thumbsup:
We won't travel, especially cruise, again without it. I think it was about $120 and we got back $1K.