PDA

View Full Version : We're Booked!

scoot241
02-15-2007, 07:28 PM
I called Elaine at MJ today and we booked our Disneyland honeymoon. We're leaving 5/27 and returning 6/2, spending 3 days at DLR and the other days with the So. Cal. CityPass (Universal Studios, Sea World, San Diego Zoo). We booked the Howard Johnson right near DL.

Any suggestions for special things to do while we're there?

NotaGeek
02-15-2007, 09:37 PM
:congrats:

I would definitely consider booking Fantasmic Priority Viewing in the balcony at the Disney Gallery! You can book this 30 days in advance directly with Disney Dining at 1-714-781-3463. It's a great way to see the show and a YUMMY dessert buffet! It's really neat seeing the show from above New Orlean's Square, no fighting for a seat and you are treated like a VIP!

A word of advice, you MUST be on the phone right at 30 days as the seats sell out within minutes! The cost is $59 per person or so...

Disneyluvr2
02-16-2007, 10:21 AM
:congrats:
A word of advice, you MUST be on the phone right at 30 days as the seats sell out within minutes! The cost is $59 per person or so...

Not only do you need to be on the phone EXACTLY 30 days in advance, but you need to start dialing BEFORE 8:00 a.m. just to be able to be put on hold to make reservations. I had to try two days in a row before I could get through. The second day I got the last 2 tickets available for the day I wanted! Good luck and Congratulations!

scoot241
02-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Not only do you need to be on the phone EXACTLY 30 days in advance, but you need to start dialing BEFORE 8:00 a.m. just to be able to be put on hold to make reservations. I had to try two days in a row before I could get through. The second day I got the last 2 tickets available for the day I wanted! Good luck and Congratulations!

Are we talking 8 AM Pacific Time? Just want to be certain.

Thanks for the suggestion.

NotaGeek
02-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Are we talking 8 AM Pacific Time? Just want to be certain.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, 8am Pacific Time.

scoot241
02-20-2007, 04:23 PM
I was just looking at the refurbishments thread, and Fantasmic is being refurbed at least until May 31. Hopefully I can get a reservation for June 1 (and the refurb doesn't get extended) so we can do the Disney Gallery seating.

scoot241
02-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Just thought of this: I assume DL has the bride/groom Mickey ears. Where's a good place to pick up a set of those?

Thanks as always!

scoot241
04-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Update:

Since we're within the 60 day window now, I went ahead and got ADRs for Steakhouse 55 for the night we arrive and Blue Bayou later in the week.

Only 50 days left!

NotaGeek
04-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Just thought of this: I assume DL has the bride/groom Mickey ears. Where's a good place to pick up a set of those?

Thanks as always!

You can try The World of Disney Store in Downtown Disney. It's pretty much like the one at WDW so there's a section with porcelain collectibles, otherwise there's a store right on Main Street, USA in Disneyland you can try, I can't remember what store it is but it's on the right as your walk toward the castle.

Update:

Since we're within the 60 day window now, I went ahead and got ADRs for Steakhouse 55 for the night we arrive and Blue Bayou later in the week.

Only 50 days left!

It's SO close! Good for you! :woohoo:

ddcrna
04-10-2007, 05:37 AM
With your Zoo ticket, you have a choice of SD Zoo or SD Wild Animal Park. If you have time to do both, they are both amazing.