PDA

View Full Version : Just camping!

casey@bat
02-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Every time we stay at FW we always say, "I wish we could come for a week and just camp." Has anyone ever done this?

I mentioned it to my family, DS 10, DD 7, DD 3, and DH. They immediately said "YES!" I told them we could go to the campfire every night and stay for the movie. This is something we don't do every night when we go because we have to get in bed early so we will be ready for our early morning at a park. We also plan on swimming and riding our scooters everyday and going to a Typhoon Lagoon one day. My DS asked if we could eat at Trails End. My DH suggested we go to Sea World.

I have never been to Disney without going to one and usually all 4 parks. It would be hard, but I think we could enjoy ourselves.

We just went Dec. 2006 and did everything. We are going back summer 2009 and will do everything then. I think this "in between" trip might be fun!

Madame Leona
02-13-2007, 11:07 PM
I've never done it but my husband's family likes to go just for the camping. In fact, they go down there more often to just camp then to go to the parks. They absolutely love it.

ibrowse17
02-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Back in Nov '05, the couple in the site next to us were justing staying at FW for a couple of weeks. They were not going to the parks, just having fun around FW and some of the other resorts. Seemed to be have a great time, and were not as worn out as we were at the end of each day!:mickey:

busterthebronco
02-14-2007, 08:25 AM
we havn't doneit with camping but we stayed at the WL one year and never entered a park.
we just stayed busy horsing around.
it was very fun.
people thought we were wierd though.
which is ok by me!

Jason Hook
02-14-2007, 08:36 AM
You can watch the fireworks from the beach and ride the monorail around just for fun.

SoaringEpcot
02-14-2007, 08:38 AM
My mom mentioned doing that the last time we were there. I don't think I could be that close to the parks with out going at least to MK. It is about a 12 hour drive for us, so if we are going that far I think we would have to go to the parks.

AndrewJackson
02-14-2007, 08:54 PM
My mom mentioned doing that the last time we were there. I don't think I could be that close to the parks with out going at least to MK. It is about a 12 hour drive for us, so if we are going that far I think we would have to go to the parks.

I agree. It would be awful difficult to be that close, and not go to at least the Magic Kingdom. We have seen some locals do this for weekend trips.

May524
02-14-2007, 08:59 PM
When I was a cast member at Fort Wilderness many many Florida residents came to visit just the resort, and many boy/girl scout troops.

But I agree with the previous posts, I couldn't go and not do the parks!! Maybe go to the parks like every other day...or just as not hard core!

Brainiak5
02-14-2007, 09:07 PM
You've actually touched on my retirement plan....

My thinking is to retire in Florida, camp at FW as many times as possible without going into any of the parks the majority of the time, while going to the parks only on special occasions :mickey:

well thats the plan at least ..

tungpo1
05-24-2007, 01:32 PM
If your going to be at Disney, Sea World isnt even worth the drive. Try going to the Dixie Stampede dinner show its nice