PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Aladdin Dinner Show?

Deesdisney
02-10-2007, 12:11 AM
I took my kids to Disneyland about 13 years ago and was lucky to get reservations at the Aladdin dinner show. The next year it closed down before we could go back. Does anyone know why they closed it? I have been to other dinner shows and had a great time but that was really special. To sit down and eat while they did the play Aladdin and walked around later to talk to us. My kids had a great time along with me. I wish Disneyland or Disney World would have more of these. Sit down dinner with a play of one of the many movies would be a great addition to any park.:confused:

Melanie
02-10-2007, 12:36 AM
Wow! Where was this located?

Chescat
02-10-2007, 01:23 AM
Wow! Where was this located?
It was in the same area where the Aladdin's Oasis is now. We went to that show for our anniversary. If I'm thinking the same show, there was a lot of interaction with the audience too. We were very sad when they closed the show and changed it to what it is now. I believe it was probably just there for the year or so after the Aladdin movie came out and were pushing that. :D

Deesdisney
02-10-2007, 10:31 AM
I thought that the show and dinner was great. I think that if they were to add to the parks or hotels this would be something to think about. The food was great and the dessert was excellent. My kids were 3 and 4. And there faces told me that it was the best thing I did that trip. Disneyland does not have a dinner show and I think this would be great to put in.

Tigger-N-Pooh
02-24-2007, 02:28 PM
We were lucky enough to go on 2 different trips. The highlight was the dessert which was a chocolate magic lantern filled with yummy mousse. It was a great experience! :eat:

But then again, if I had my choice I would have the Tahitian Terrace back instead. :lei:

MDinPA
02-27-2007, 01:16 PM
I had the opportunity to experience this once with a good friend (and INTERCOTee).

We had a great time. The food was excellent and the show was really good.

A couple of highlights:

When they put Jasmine in a box and made her disappear. I was only a few feet from the box and I freaked me out when she was gone. I had never been that close to a magic trick before, and I was amazed and confused as to how they did it.

We were sitting as I said only a few feet from the stage. During one of the audience participation portions of the show, my companion and I failed to participate. They stopped the show and pointed out that we were the only two who did not participate. They made everyone do it again. Needless to say we were embarrased and participated enthusiastically for the rest of the show.

I wish they would bring this back in one form or another, it would surely be more entertaining than the story time with Alladin and Jasmine that they have there now.

tinkwest
03-01-2007, 07:31 PM
...The highlight was the dessert which was a chocolate magic lantern filled with yummy mousse. It was a great experience! :eat: ...

I remember wishing I could save my dessert as a souvenir!! It was a very special way to end the meal. The show was great, involving Cast Members and Guests. We hesitated purchasing the prepaid reservations/tickets because it was on the expensive side for us, but I am so glad we went. A great addition to that particular vacation at Disneyland.

Clotho
03-02-2007, 03:08 AM
this is definitely one of the gaping holes in the DLR lineup--fun dinnershows like this. I have seen so many pictures and heard so many stories of the old Tahitian Terrace (was that the name?), and the much later Aladdin show...and I wish I could have experienced it! But I suppose it was a combination of lack of interest and lack of space to be able to pack in people to offset the cost of putting on a show. One thing WDW has in spades: space.

Marla
03-02-2007, 11:06 AM
I wish I had not missed this one. I never realized that it had been there. I saw an old menu for the Tahitian Terrace, the prices were amazing ($2.00 for a complete meal, I was too young to remember being there.). The only show that I can think of currently at the DLR that you could have a meal at is Billy Hill at the Golden Horseshoe. But, it definetly is not a dinner show. :tink:

ghoofie
03-07-2007, 04:53 PM
We went there. I got to be in the belly-dance contest and go on stage during the show. It was me (a middle-age dude) and two little girls. Of course I won !! They put customs on us backstage. It was a blast. And it was one of the very few times we didn't have our camcorder with us. But we got a few pictues at least. Also...it was $$$$$$. I think it was about the same as the price of admission, but the meal was really good.

Deesdisney
03-27-2007, 11:59 PM
I thought when we bought the tickets it was to expensive but i saved up a whole year to do it. And I am glad I did. The pictures we have and the memories are great. My kids still talk about it and I have pictures that are priceless with the dessert all over there faces.