PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy?

dixielandings
02-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Am I missing something? I searched for a thread discussing this show but found nothing. I find that hard to believe. Maybe it's not "discussion" material - but let's see!

Last night, was anyone else yelling at the dude's friends who were yelling at Izzie? Lay off and start putting your muscles to good use and lift the dang car!

And what's going to happen with the little girl? Did she go to find help? Or is she too traumatized?

Finally, let me say one more thing: I HATE THESE KINDS OF CLIFFHANGERS!!!!

Whew - I feel better.

djbjmom
02-09-2007, 05:25 PM
I thought the same thing you did about Izzy and the guys yelling at her. I think the show is way better when they stay in the hospital. I am tired of Christina's whining she needs to stop. Maybe next will prove better.

MNNHFLTX
02-09-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm pretty sure we did have a thread going about Grey's Anatomy. Hmmmm....

Anyway, maybe I had too high of expectations for the show last night, but I was not impressed (please don't flame me here!) The acting was good, as usual, but the whole disaster scenario was so implausible that it was distracting. My husband got tired of me saying "They wouldn't do it that way!" so many times. And what was the deal with the make-up job for that poor pregnant woman? I guess they were trying to make her face look grossly swollen so that the emotion in her eyes would stand out, but in all my years of taking care of patients I have never seen anyone's face look like that, even trauma cases.

To answer your question, I do believe the little girl tells Derek about Meredith falling in the water--at least it looked that way from the trailer for next week.

NotaGeek
02-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Anyway, maybe I had too high of expectations for the show last night, but I was not impressed (please don't flame me here!) The acting was good, as usual, but the whole disaster scenario was so implausible that it was distracting. My husband got tired of me saying "They wouldn't do it that way!" so many times. And what was the deal with the make-up job for that poor pregnant woman? I guess they were trying to make her face look grossly swollen so that the emotion in her eyes would stand out, but in all my years of taking care of patients I have never seen anyone's face look like that, even trauma cases.

I totally agree! I just kept thing of The Elephant Man ... it was sad, but that makeup job was horrible and when Issy got on the ferry with those guys I thought "Isn't anyone guarding the ferry so people can't get back on board?" ... and I am pretty sure if a doctor was on board and sent out that little red card with orders to get someone on the ferry to life a car asap someone would have come...

But anyway, I am gonna give them a pass on that weird episode. The big drama didn't really work for me (TiVo fast forward please!), but let's see next week.

dixielandings
02-09-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm pretty sure we did have a thread going about Grey's Anatomy. Hmmmm....

To answer your question, I do believe the little girl tells Derek about Meredith falling in the water--at least it looked that way from the trailer for next week.

I did 2 searches. Maybe it was spelled wrong or something.

Anyway, I actually thought the poor lady's face reminded me of the guys that lead Spectromagic. Put a big orange wig on her and you'd almost have twins! I do hope she makes it though.

Melanie
02-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Weird. I know there is a Grey's Anatomy thread out there somewhere. The search function still isn't working right. I'm looking for it and will merge these two threads when we find it. Let me know if you spot it! :look:

jedigrrrl
02-09-2007, 07:11 PM
I think that was THE WORST episode of Grey's Anatomy EVER! It was sooooooo boooorrrrrring. I hate when they leave the hospital(unless it's to go into one of their homes or the bar).
That plot has been done a hundred times by ER and Grey's is usually a million times better than ER ever was or is.

dixielandings
02-09-2007, 07:59 PM
BTW - I knew, I KNEW, that Callie looked suspiciously like the nasty cashier, Rose, from You've Got Mail. It's the eyes. I finally looked Sara Ramirez up on the Internet - and it is her! "Zip! Zip!"

2Epcot
02-10-2007, 12:04 AM
The acting was good, as usual, but the whole disaster scenario was so implausible that it was distracting. My husband got tired of me saying "They wouldn't do it that way!" so many times.

I agree there were quite a few things that bothered me. The first was the fact they didn't know what the disaster was they were going to .... I get it they wanted the surprised look on their face for the story, but a crew would always know what they were about to be faced with going to a scene. There were a few more things to, but overall I thought the episode was OK. I like Grey's, but I still prefer ER which I think is a better show.

NotaGeek
02-15-2007, 11:59 PM
:spoiler: ALERT! (in consideration of our those West Coasters, Island dwellers in Hawaii and the TiVo-ers)

Much better episode... but, uh, Meredith would have been underwater WAY too long, right? I mean I am no doctor, but the ocean water can't be that cold... but luckily I have a feeling she will make it since it's called Grey's Anatomy...

PrincessEmmasMommy
02-16-2007, 06:10 AM
OH MY GOSH!!! I cried so much at the end of last night's show. I can't believe they are going to make me wait another week to see that she makes it. I agree that since the show is named after her, she will have to pull through. Can't wait for next week!
Jen

BronxTigger
02-16-2007, 06:29 AM
I dunno, the trailer for next week said "the devastating conclusion"...

MNNHFLTX
02-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Much better episode... but, uh, Meredith would have been underwater WAY too long, right? I mean I am no doctor, but the ocean water can't be that cold... but luckily I have a feeling she will make it since it's called Grey's Anatomy...The ocean water must have been pretty cold, because they did reference in the show at one point that her core temperature was 83. This part of the show seemed accurate to me--if the hypothermia slowed down her metabolism enough where her brain or other organs were not damaged by lack of oxygen, she could probably be successfully resuscitated.

I agree it was a better show--less emphasis on the sensational and more on the characters. I freaked a little when "out-of-body" Meredith woke up and there was Bomb Guy (Kyle is such a cutie) and Denny. :eek:

Mickey'sGirl
02-16-2007, 09:14 AM
Thanks guys -- I missed the show last night...and now I feel caught up! :thumbsup:

Carol
02-16-2007, 09:27 AM
We really do not know how long she was in the water. We saw the little girl walking at the end of last week's show. Derek could have spotted her fairly soon there after.

I think it's a safe assumption - Meredeth will be fine.

I freaked a little when "out-of-body" Meredith woke up and there was Bomb Guy (Kyle is such a cutie) and Denny. :eek:
But --- you have to admit it was good to see Denny. :heart:

DisneyGiant
02-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Thanks guys -- I missed the show last night...and now I feel caught up! :thumbsup:

You can watch the whole thing for free online!

Go to abctv.

DisneyGiant
02-16-2007, 11:34 AM

You should see everyone over at the Grey's Matter blog - everyone is convinced that she's gone......

I will be quite annoyed if that's true.

The ending was so sad though. But I loved Izzie's speech on it all.

MNNHFLTX
02-16-2007, 12:08 PM
But --- you have to admit it was good to see Denny. :heart:Oh my yes, Carol. :heart:

As far as Meredith, I absolutely think she'll still be on the show. However, "the devastating conclusion" may be that she has brain damage or some other effect that will sideline her career for a while.

2Epcot
02-16-2007, 01:34 PM
From what I could tell Meredith just got knocked in the water .... I didn't see her hit her head or anything. Why didn't she just swim out of the water?

offwego
02-16-2007, 02:04 PM
If the water is really cold (and its hard to know what time of year it's supposed to be) it could (could mind you) be hard to swim in with shoes and scrubs et al. Plus with all the "noise" no one would have heard her if she did talk or yell etc.

Don't know but it was much better than the first half!

wdw_bound
02-16-2007, 02:05 PM
but the whole disaster scenario was so implausible that it was distracting. My husband got tired of me saying "They wouldn't do it that way!" so many times.

I work in a hospital, too, and we drill stuff like this all the time. One of our residents would never have been given the job of public information officer - let alone a polaroid camera and permission to use it. The chaplains would have been the ones to work with the families of the deceased - I can promise you they would never have been told to look at a bulletin board to see if their loved one was among the dead.

conorsmom2000
02-17-2007, 09:08 AM
Ah, I'm so glad to see a thread on this! I was completely thrown by this week's episode - Mike keeps saying "it's called Grey's Anatomy....she'll be fine", but I'm not so sure...

That's what got to me too - but, of course, it is a teaser trailer to make sure you turn in next week. When it was over, I was like "but..but...but....they can't lose Meredith!" It did throw me when she woke up and saw Denny and Kyle Chandler (though it was nice to see both of them! :cloud9: ) - but that was definitely something I wasn't expecting! And it was good to see Derek really showing his emotions for her in front of everyone.

Ah, cliffhangers....:bang:

mickeysworld
02-17-2007, 10:30 AM
I think they are going to put her into a coma...
they couldn't possibly kill her off, could they?

ChipnDaleGal
02-19-2007, 05:22 AM
It was brief, but that little flash of Denny was wonderful!! I hope there are more scenes with him and the bomb guy next week. Jeffrey Dean Morgan looked sooooo good!! :heart:

ChipDale
02-19-2007, 11:57 AM
I like this show, but this whole story arc is such a rip-off of other medical shows. Big disasters have been done to death on ER (train wrecks, multi-vehicle car accidents, helicopter crashes, building explosions...) and they totally ripped off St. Elsewhere on the scene where Meredith meets Denny and Bomb Guy. When Fiscus was shot on St. Elsewhere he met up with a bunch of dead patients who had been on the show (and he came back to life).

Like someone else said above, they need to concentrate on the characters and relationships and keep it in the hospital. Let ER handle the disasters.

I don't think Meredith will be dead (although I wouldn't care - she's the least interesting out of all the interns).

I know it's sweeps and I know what sweeps is all about. I just don't see why an already good show has to resort to this kind of sensationalism. :rolleyes:

PirateLover
02-19-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't think Meredith will be dead (although I wouldn't care - she's the least interesting out of all the interns).

Ya know, I kind of agree. At the end of the 1st part, I thought "I really don't care if she dies." After watching the second part and the other characters' reactions to her critical state, I did get more emotionally evolved, but at the end of the day she is probably the character I care least about. :shrug:

Melanie
02-21-2007, 07:35 AM
ABC to pilot "Grey's Anatomy" spin-off

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Walt Disney Co.'s television network ABC has decided to pursue a spinoff of its popular medical drama "Grey's Anatomy," the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.

It will star Dr. Addison Montgomery-Shepherd, the sexy neonatal surgeon played by Kate Walsh, the paper said.

A two-hour pilot of the show, which could add millions in additional advertising revenue, is likely to air in May, the paper said.

An ABC spokeswoman could not immediately be reached for comment.

MNNHFLTX
02-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Well, that's an interesting twist. I am skeptical that a spin-off of Grey's Anatomy would work; they wouldn't want to try and replicate the tone of the show, that would be too obvious. But trying to put any of the characters in a new format would also be difficult, IMO.

I'm not a big fan of spin-offs. I understand that the network execs like to cash in on a show's popularity, but it usually ends up failing and carrying the original show down with it.

PirateLover
02-21-2007, 04:52 PM
I doubt I'd watch. I like Addison in the Grey's context, but I don't think she can carry her own show, and I have to admit I haven't liked the actress (kate walsh) very much in interviews that I've seen.

DisneyGiant
02-21-2007, 10:47 PM
I'll watch it. If only not to see her and Karev together!

Melanie
02-22-2007, 05:03 AM
Taye Diggs joins "Grey's Anatomy" spinoff

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Taye Diggs will star opposite Kate Walsh in ABC's potential spinoff from hit medical drama "Grey's Anatomy."

The show will test the waters as a back-door pilot, an expanded two-hour episode of "Grey's" slated to air in May. It will center on neonatal surgeon Addison Shepherd (Walsh), a character who has enjoyed a strong following from fans since she was introduced at the end of the hot surgical drama's first season.

It is understood that the back-door pilot episode will feature Shepherd on the verge of leaving Seattle Grace, a scenario that will be triggered if ABC goes with the spinoff for next season. There were no details on the character Diggs will play.

"Grey's" creator/executive producer Shonda Rhimes is writing the episode and is expected to shepherd the potential series. Meanwhile, Rhimes' other ABC pilot, about female journalists, has been pushed to a summer production start.

Diggs' casting in the "Gray" spinoff stems from a new talent holding deal he recently signed with ABC TV Studio, where "Grey's Anatomy" is based. He starred in two drama series for the studio, "Kevin Hill" for UPN and "Day Break" for ABC.

ChipnDaleGal
02-23-2007, 05:41 AM
Is it just me, or is Izzy hard to like anymore? She is so self rightous with George and Callie. I know her character should have some issues, losing Denny like she did, but I hate when a character changes so much so fast. She is just mean and I find her screen time painful to watch.

Last night's episode had me so high on Denny endorphins!! Jeffrey looked fabulous and it was so nice to see him standing up for so much of the episode.

Pretty predictable that Merideth saw her mom that one last time and that she actually treated her with some love. But I am glad that Merideth got some closure and we can let that whole storyline go.

mickeysworld
02-23-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm with you ChipnDaleGal, tired of Izzy and her attitude towards George and Callie. Glad Meredith got some closure with her mom.

DisneyGiant
02-23-2007, 09:21 PM
I wonder how Meredith is going to handle being less dark and twisty.

I thought it was a light comedic touch that Christina had to tell Mer - the minute she regained consciousness that she and Burke were getting married........

McDreamy is the McDreamiest - I loved how he wanted her mother to know the hurt she caused, even with the alzheimers.

And I thought it was telling that when she said - the first person she'd want to see if she was dead was..... and out pops Doc the dog.

Earnhardt321
02-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Oh my GOODNESS I just saw this weeks episode. I cried. Nothing new I cry at everything. I was for the first time in Grey's history dissapointed with Izzy. I wish she would stop with the George and Callie thing.
I like Denny I wish he was still on the show. He is such a great actor and not bad to look at to!!
Well another wonderful Grey's. I know why I am hooked every week but lets get back to the normal Grey's.

ChipDale
02-26-2007, 01:28 PM
I was disappointed in this show. The whole purgatory thing went on way too long. (Like I said with last week's episode - St. Elsewhere rip-off.) It would help if Meredith could act. She has one look: squinty. :rolleyes:

I'm a little tired of Izzie's attitude too. I mean come on, she irritated me when she didn't even blow part of the money that Denny left. Too goody-goody. :sleepin:

It's too bad that they killed of Meredith's mom. That was the one thing that made Meredith slightly interesting.

offwego
02-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Yeah Izzie is getting a little tired. And what about Callie sets her teeth so on edge anyway?

I have to admit the whole Medrith/and her mom thing didn't really work but the Mcdreamy and her Mom did. Funny how that was wasn't it?

And the scene at the end with the chief was really touching with him talking about his hair and all.

2Epcot
03-09-2007, 10:45 AM
ABC TV bumps up 'Grey' pay
By Nellie Andreeva
The Hollywood Reporter

March 9, 2007

"Grey's Anatomy" star Ellen Pompeo has closed a new deal for her services on the hit ABC/ABC TV Studio medical drama.

Original cast members James T. Pickens Jr. and Chandra Wilson also have agreed to new contracts, with Justin Chambers and T.R. Knight close to new pacts to continue on the Golden Globe-winning series.

Under the new deals, all actors will receive salary bumps. Pompeo now will be at nearly $200,000 per episode, while Pickens, Wilson, Chambers and Knight will be paid in the neighborhood of $125,000 per episode, sources said.

It is understood that the new terms are retroactive, going back to the first episode of this season.

ABC TV Studio and reps for the actors declined comment Thursday.

Yet to close new deals are Patrick Dempsey, Sandra Oh and Katherine Heigl. Details on Heigl's stalled contract renegotiations were leaked to the media late last month, which triggered a statement on the matter from ABC TV Studio.

"Fortunately, we have a long-term contract to ensure she'll be with the show for several years to come," the statement said. "In recognition of her tremendous talent and value to the show, we recently approached Katherine with an offer to raise her compensation significantly above the terms of her current contract."

All cast members on "Grey" are under long-term (reportedly seven-year) deals with the studio. It has become customary for the original casts of hit shows to renegotiate their contracts and receive raises after two seasons. Since "Grey" debuted as a midseason replacement in March 2005, the renegotiations were held now when the show marks two full seasons on the air as opposed to the more common between-seasons period in the summer and fall.

Sources said some of the supporting players headed into the renegotiation process as a group that quickly dissolved, leading to individual contract talks between each cast member and the studio.

The contract status for "Grey" co-star Isaiah Washington is not clear. It has been rumored that he might continue on the show without a raise in light of the recent controversy surrounding his use of a homophobic slur, but his communication with the studio has been kept under wraps.

Meanwhile, Kate Walsh, who joined the cast of "Grey" at the end of Season 1, also has a new deal as part of her central role in the potential spinoff from the hit series, now in the works.

The cast of "Grey" recently won a SAG Award for best drama series ensemble, with Wilson winning the individual statuette for best drama series actress.

offwego
03-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Yuck! If I wasn't liking the direction they were taking Izzie in before I'm sure not now.

Not that George is blameless but I do think Izzie didn't want George but just didn't want George with Callie and that played too much of a part in that.

Frankly I'm disapointed the writers choose to go that way with it. I think they could have used the whole money thing as an enough of a wedge if they wanted.

Carol
03-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Frankly I'm disapointed the writers choose to go that way with it. I think they could have used the whole money thing as an enough of a wedge if they wanted.Me too.

I didn't care for most of the episode. :shrug: I did like the parts with Meredeth and her family.

offwego
03-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Me too.

I didn't care for most of the episode. :shrug: I did like the parts with Meredeth and her family.

Yep I agree Carol. The swing bit was cool. Hopefully somehow they will move more to that story line or even the stroy line with Burke and Christina (afterall that's more real trying to figure out why your getting married if you should get married is much more important before you get married then after you do)

Mickey'sGirl
03-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Me too.

I didn't care for most of the episode. :shrug: I did like the parts with Meredeth and her family. I agree.

Wanna know what I think? I think they did Burke/Christina marriage thing in case they need to get rid of him cast wise -- and the same for Izzy -- this could cause a breakdown etc... and then they can off her as well. Perhaps?

That said -- Cassie and McDreamy are my favourites -- maybe they should hook up?

ChipDale
03-16-2007, 04:36 PM
I liked last night's episode, although I thought the part about Izzy and George was very predictable. :rolleyes:

I don't buy the new storyline that Callie is an heiress either. Geez, the writers couldn't come up with anything better than that? I find it very unbelievable for her character. :shrug:

If the British guy stays on it could prove to be an interesting addition. (I just remember him from "Cheers" - man, he hasn't aged very well!)

All in all, I'm glad they were back to basics last night - relationships - and avoided the sensationism of the last few "trauma" episodes.

Carol
03-16-2007, 06:25 PM
I don't buy the new storyline that Callie is an heiress either. Geez, the writers couldn't come up with anything better than that? I find it very unbelievable for her character.Exactly, Janie. It just doesn't make sense that she was living at the hospital before moving in with George. :scratch:

Dopey's Girl
03-16-2007, 06:28 PM
I can't believe I just found this thread!

Exactly, Janie. It just doesn't make sense that she was living at the hospital before moving in with George. :scratch:

This is just what I said after yelling at the TV last night about George and Izzy...so annoying! You have enough $$ to spend $10,000 a month on a hotel bill, but you chose to live in some gloomy, windowless room in the hospital!? Not so much...

mickeysworld
03-16-2007, 09:21 PM
[QUOTE=Mickey'sGirl;1225787]

Me three.

So what now, we get another week or two of poor George realizing that yet another room mate/friend doesn't really like him in that way.

PrincessEmmasMommy
03-17-2007, 06:58 AM
Personally I was happy with this weeks show. George and Callie don't work! It is about time the George and Izzie thing happened. I can't wait to see the aftermath of their antics. Also, I heard that George may be leaving the show due to the whole controversy with Burke. Waiting for next week...
Jen

MNNHFLTX
03-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Yuck! If I wasn't liking the direction they were taking Izzie in before I'm sure not now.

Not that George is blameless but I do think Izzie didn't want George but just didn't want George with Callie and that played too much of a part in that.

Frankly I'm disapointed the writers choose to go that way with it. I think they could have used the whole money thing as an enough of a wedge if they wanted.I agree. Why are they so intent on taking two of my favorite characters and trying to make them so unlikeable this year? Especially George--he's becoming quite the lothario on the show, even more than McSteamy. :shake:

On the other hand, it's all starting to make Meredith and Derek look more appealing to me.

NotaGeek
03-22-2007, 01:45 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

George and Izzy? HUH?

I absolutely LOVE Callie O'Malley and I hate they MIGHT have done it. We can't be 100% sure, I am not convinced that's going to be what happened. I do think George and Callie work.

By the way, speaking as an Heiress, I always hide my piles of money because I feel like people just don't GET it. :nopity: HELLO. You're rich, live it up, go to Disney! :mickey:

poeticeclipse
03-22-2007, 12:53 PM
If George gets hurt in the process of sleeping with Izzie then so be it as long as it means that Callie is out of the picture. Grr... I can'd stand her.

Oh, and the storyline with Callie being an heiress is strange....very strange.

offwego
03-22-2007, 01:45 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

George and Izzy? HUH?

I absolutely LOVE Callie O'Malley and I hate they MIGHT have done it. We can't be 100% sure, I am not convinced that's going to be what happened. I do think George and Callie work.

By the way, speaking as an Heiress, I always hide my piles of money because I feel like people just don't GET it. :nopity: HELLO. You're rich, live it up, go to Disney! :mickey:
While I agree that the whole Heiress thing was odd, they'd have to do some might quick tap dancing to convince me that they happened to get to warm and have no wear else to sleep and then were too cold and huddled together for warmth or something. I mean that's pretty far out there no?

NotaGeek
03-23-2007, 01:15 AM
Ok, so I was wrong. CURSES. I was hoping for the best. BUT, it was a really good episode, finally we are back on track to some good stuff!

I do like that George said that he was going to protect Callie, but come on. We ALL know he is the most GUILTY feeling person on the show. He's gonna crack.

Carol
03-23-2007, 07:49 AM
I was hoping for the best. BUT, it was a really good episode, finally we are back on track to some good stuff!
I liked the episode too, Michael. I LOVED seeing Hector Elizondo! I simply adore him in any role.

I really do not care for the 'British Guy'. (I don't even know his name.) He just doesn't fit in. He can leave now. :hi:

MNNHFLTX
03-23-2007, 08:25 AM
I really do not care for the 'British Guy'. (I don't even know his name.) He just doesn't fit in. He can leave now. :hi:I don't like him either; in fact, his character creeps me out for some reason. I have a hard time imagining Christine being with him for three years. :ack:

I thought last night's show was pretty good. I was very glad that they didn't have George and Izzy get into another romantic moment in that supply closet (that's what I thought was going to happen when they went in there). It was much more realistic to see the conflicted angst they were both going through.

Carol
03-23-2007, 08:30 AM
I was very glad that they didn't have George and Izzy get into another romantic moment in that supply closet (that's what I thought was going to happen when they went in there). Me too, Beth. When she reached for his hand I though "Oh Boy"! I'm glad he pulled away. :whew:

I agree with Michael though. George cannot live with this secret. Just one look at his face - he reads of guilt.

offwego
03-23-2007, 09:31 AM
I agree with Michael though. George cannot live with this secret. Just one look at his face - he reads of guilt.

Carol I agree! But in honour of the episode shouldn't that be "reeks" of guilt? :D

It was good but weird. If Callie doesn't want the house and stuff then where is she going to keep getting the money for the mega expensive room service?

And the whole Jane Doe thing is odd. Do you just get expensive medical care even when they don't know who or what you are?

NotaGeek
03-25-2007, 07:22 PM
And the whole Jane Doe thing is odd. Do you just get expensive medical care even when they don't know who or what you are?

That's what I was thinking! :confused:

DisneyGiant
04-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Surprised not to see any recent Grey's Chatter.

Its annoying me that they are introducing trouble again in the Meredith\Derek relationship. For goodness sake - she almost DIED. And now he's thinking about dropping her because he wants to be chief? Makes no sense!

Why can't any television shows have a stable couple? Just one.

Wouldn't that be novel?

And I am rooting for an Izzy & George relationship. I think its because I know that they are friends in real life! And I don't see the Callie\George chemistry.

Thoughts?

offwego
04-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Surprised not to see any recent Grey's Chatter.

Its annoying me that they are introducing trouble again in the Meredith\Derek relationship. For goodness sake - she almost DIED. And now he's thinking about dropping her because he wants to be chief? Makes no sense!

Why can't any television shows have a stable couple? Just one.

Wouldn't that be novel?

And I am rooting for an Izzy & George relationship. I think its because I know that they are friends in real life! And I don't see the Callie\George chemistry.

Thoughts?
I'm with you on the Derek thing..Just a weird way to go on that. And frankly so childish.

Re the george/izzy thing I'm conflicted. While I think it makes good drama (and we are talking about it). I'm not too keen on how they are treating Callie in all this and trying to "remake" Izzy with the whole donor thing was just not to believable. I have a big problem with the idea someone can't stay married for more then what a month or two? I know it's a soap operaish show but still!

TheDuckRocks
04-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Does anyone else out there think that Callie might be expecting?
Thank goodness we get a new program tonight.

DMApixie
04-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Does anyone else out there think that Callie might be expecting?
Thank goodness we get a new program tonight.

It never crossed my mind, but now that you mention it........hmmmmm, I wonder.

Wouldn't it be something if both Callie and Izzie were expecting???

dixielandings
04-27-2007, 10:16 AM
I. WAS. SO. MAD. LAST. NIGHT.

After everything he's put Meredith through, now they're writing Derek as a heartless, spineless, career-focused moron? Give me a break.

On the other hand, I think the way they're writing the O'Malley Love Triangle is believable. Sad, but believable. It's not uncommon for 2 close friends of the opposite sex to wake up and realize, "oh - we love each other". George and Callie's marriage happened so fast. Now what are they going to do? Is George really so honorable that he would sacrifice his long-standing friendship with possibly the woman of his dreams to save his quickie marriage?

For the most part, last night was totally unsatisfying. I guess if you want good drama, bad stuff has to keep happening. But may I say, the character I had to hardest time getting on board with when I first started watching is now my favorite - Dr. Bailey, if I ever need surgery, I'm coming to you!

poeticeclipse
04-27-2007, 05:24 PM
I have to make some major comments on last night's episode!

Burke/Christina: Ahhh!! Something is just not right. I feel terrible for Burke. He's finally letting go of his job a little bit to be with the woman that he loves and all she can think about is organ transplants! They are not on the same page and I see one of them having a breakdown and freaking out on the other.

Alex/Addison/McSteamy: Poor McSteamy... he was doing well. But, because Addison has to go and be {snip}, he feels like he needs to stoop to her level and sleep with Meredith (thank God that didnt' happen!) Now with Addison's spin-off show .. maybe Alex can get with our favorite patient, Jane Doe... or is it Ava now?:confused:

Shepard/Meredith: How dumb is this guy? His girl almost DIES and then he gives her up for a Chief of Surgery position that isn't even his yet! I understand that he needs to look out for himself but he also has to think about what he's been through with Meredith. Now, I don't know why she didn't swim. This still confuses me to know end. She's never came out and said that she wanted to die. But, on the other hand, Shepard never asked her why she chose to sink. This is a conversation that will not blow over. It's going to come up, and it's not going to be pretty.

Bailey Side Note: Did anyone see her take a whole cake?? Maybe she's pregnant again!!

Izzie/George: Oh my goodness! I don't know what to make of all of this. At first I was against the possibility of a relationship but now, i'm actually hoping that it all pans out somehow. They are great best friends. I just don't want anything to ruin that. If anything, i'd like to see Callie go (I can't stand her), George and Izzie start "dating" and then maybe married??:secret: Maybe that is wishful thinking. I just want them to be okay again. And seeing them kiss was so strange to watch but now I think that it might be okay and it could turn out.

On Next Weeks Episode: Izzie and George...kiss? And maybe... get caught by Callie? :) I don't really care about anything else right now because the teaser didn't give away enough to know. But the "almost" kiss stood out!

offwego
05-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Hmm two hours of that didn't seem quite worth it. But that's just me. I was intrigued by Addisons side line/promo for new show. (However do none of these people have an ability to stick with someone for longer then say 10 minutes?)

Re George/izzie/callie that's just plain weird...how can you not figure out something's up if your Callie?

and mcdreamy/merideth...you walk away cause she's sitting with her roommates? Is she only cool to you when she's sad? I don't know but it's just gotten a little too weird for me.

MNNHFLTX
05-04-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm not quite sold on Addison's new move (aka Kate Walsh's spin-off show). There were some interesting characters on it, but do they have to pull out every Southern California cliche there is? I get it that they're trying to establish a contrast with the atmosphere of the show in Seattle, but it all seemed a little too glitzy.

Anyway, it was an okay show otherwise. Poor Burke and Christina--she being pushed into a big wedding she didn't want and he having to be one of those doing the pushing. I can't imagine how that storyline is going to play out, but I bet it will be in the season finale.

I find the Meredity/Derek storyline to be very perplexing. As someone mentioned previously--does he just want her when she's the damsel in distress or when he is the one doing the chasing? He acts kind of--bored with her, for lack of a better word.

PirateLover
05-05-2007, 01:43 AM
I haven't watched this week's eppy yet, but my mom said it was the worst Grey's she ever saw, and she definitely won't be watching the Kate Walsh spin-off....

NotaGeek
05-05-2007, 02:19 AM
I'm not quite sold on Addison's new move (aka Kate Walsh's spin-off show). There were some interesting characters on it, but do they have to pull out every Southern California cliche there is? I get it that they're trying to establish a contrast with the atmosphere of the show in Seattle, but it all seemed a little too glitzy.

Anyway, it was an okay show otherwise. Poor Burke and Christina--she being pushed into a big wedding she didn't want and he having to be one of those doing the pushing. I can't imagine how that storyline is going to play out, but I bet it will be in the season finale.

I find the Meredity/Derek storyline to be very perplexing. As someone mentioned previously--does he just want her when she's the damsel in distress or when he is the one doing the chasing? He acts kind of--bored with her, for lack of a better word.

I think that the new Addison show is going to be really good. I was really entertained with that story line ... and MAN is Tim Daly HOT. :whew:

Carol
05-05-2007, 06:54 AM
and MAN is Tim Daly HOT. :whew:I'd say! Man is he ever smooooooooooooooth!

princessjojo
05-05-2007, 10:26 AM
I'd say! Man is he ever smooooooooooooooth!

I wish....DH....um um um:blush:

MsMin
05-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Was that Adele on the floor?
I'm wasn't thrilled w/ the 2 hr episode too many switches back and forth I felt like I was at a tennis match.
I wonder if Baily will have any repercussion with
Meridith's step mom dying from a simple procedure? (even if it's just guilt) Are they going to discover she made an error? Probably not but why would they write the step mom off so quickly? Just to keep the tension btwn Meridith and her dad?
While in line at the supermarket I saw a headline saying "Burke gets the boot in finale" Sorry I was in a hurry and don't even remember which rag it was. I know there has been a lot of drama w/ her personal statements but any one hear anything about him leaving? I'm waiting for the whole Christina/Burke thing to blow up but I hope he doesn't leave the show.

poeticeclipse
05-05-2007, 06:38 PM
I won't be watching Kate's spin-off show as I have too many shows to keep up with as it is. Plus, it just doesn't seem to interest me.

It really wasn't that interesting this week. The episode somewhat bored me. The last 15 minutes felt the most like the real Grey's than the other 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Regarding Meredith's step mom's passing... I think that it is to cause tension with her and her dad and possibly bring them closer together. I think that Thatcher is a great character and i'd like to see more of him.

Izzie and George... wowza, things are really heating up. I really don't think George is going to go through with the move to Mercy West. That's just not happening. As weird as I thought Izzie and George as a couple was at one time, i'm so for it now! Seeing them kiss just made me melt!

Christina and Burke... something's gonna happen. They may get married but there is going to be something huge that's going to happen between now and the ceremony. It can't just be that simple. There are too many things unsaid by both of them.

And in the end of it all.... I want Callie gone.:cloud9:

ChipnDaleGal
05-05-2007, 09:58 PM
I love Callie. It is Izzy that I like less and less each week. And I normally just love George, but he is being as dumb as McDreamy is at the moment.

I will watch Addison's new show. And I have to agree with the Tim Daly comments. Hubba, hubba! He looks evem more handsome than he did on Wings!

prttynpnk
05-06-2007, 09:08 AM
I love Callie. It is Izzy that I like less and less each week. And I normally just love George, but he is being as dumb as McDreamy is at the moment.

Now they are turning Callie into this wishy-washy creature and the Izzie/George dynamic is nothing but whining.
How come a woman is thought of as brittle and cold for just wanting a little courthouse wedding- it's the marrieage that counts- not the 4 hours of chicken dancing that starts it?!

NotaGeek
05-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Now they are turning Callie into this wishy-washy creature and the Izzie/George dynamic is nothing but whining.
How come a woman is thought of as brittle and cold for just wanting a little courthouse wedding- it's the marrieage that counts- not the 4 hours of chicken dancing that starts it?!

It think the point is HE wants a wedding. He is the traditional one wanting the ceremony, so why shouldn't she just do it, because men have done that for generations.

Callie isn't being wishy-washy! She stood up to Izzy and told her to back down. She's fighting for George, but, Izzie is her worst nightmare, uber hot blond skinny ex-model and pin-up girl. I think the story line is feeding off the fact that Callie has issues with her body, as lots of overweight people do, and what would happen if all of a sudden a super model wanted your husband? It can't wait to see what happens.

i'm grumpy
05-06-2007, 02:08 PM
:thumbsup: Tim looks Migh- T- Fine! Season 4 of Wings is due May 15!

TheDuckRocks
05-07-2007, 11:02 AM

I will watch Addison's new show. And I have to agree with the Tim Daly comments. Hubba, hubba! He looks evem more handsome than he did on Wings!

WOW! There for a minute I thought I must have written this post.:blush: Boy, I'm getting old.

disneynarula
05-07-2007, 04:20 PM
I wasn't thrilled with the latest episode either. It was a shameless plug for a new show. I wanted to see more of the Seattle Grace characters.

Why can't they let at least one couple on the show be happy?

bibbidiboo3
05-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Last night's show was soooooo good!!:) The writers are truly amazing - how they tie the actors issues with larger scale themes. Like everyone rallying around Meredith as the climbers talk about their friend, and Joe trying to adopt when Addison found out she can't have kids.
Can't wait until next weeks show. I hope Derek (oo la la) and Meredith work things out, but they'll probably leave us hanging until the fall.:secret:

DisneyGiant
05-18-2007, 04:28 PM
No season finale chatter?

I can understand the wedding being cancelled - it should have never been scheduled in the first place.

But the whole Meredith\McDreamy thing? Its starting to annoy me!!!!

And poor George - he didn't pass the test? Wow. I wonder if that happens a lot in real life.....

prttynpnk
05-18-2007, 04:39 PM
I can understand the wedding being cancelled - it should have never been scheduled in the first place.

Just because she isn't ready for marriage doesn't mean she doesn't love him- I hate Burkes all or mnothing/now or never attitude he had this season. Not wanting a wedding is not a personal rejection of the person who asked you.

MNNHFLTX
05-18-2007, 05:58 PM
You know, I've been having very ambivalent feelings about the way the season ended. I guess I am disappointed that all the characters seem to be breaking with each other (except for the chief--that was a very bittersweet storyline). I know that I am probably in the minority, but I do not want Izzy and George together. IMO, Izzy has become more and more self-serving right from last season and into this one. She often doesn't think of how her actions affect others, or doesn't seem to care. I like Callie and think she and George could make a go of their marriage if it weren't for Izzy. I did feel very bad for George not passing his intern exam--who would have thought?

It will be interesting to find out what role that new intern (and the girl McDreamy met in the bar previously), Liz Grey, will play in the series next season. And how she is related to Meredith. :confused:

Melanie
05-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Moderator Alert:

Just a quick reminder that INTERCOT is a family-friendly discussion board. No cursing of any kind (the actual word, ****, etc) is allowed.

Thank you, and now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Hammer
05-18-2007, 09:25 PM
It will be interesting to find out what role that new intern (and the girl McDreamy met in the bar previously), Liz Grey, will play in the series next season. And how she is related to Meredith. :confused:

Beth, that is Meredith's other half-sister. Remember, they mentioned she was in medical school either last season or earlier this season.

Not sure how I feel about the season finale. I didn't think the wedding would happen, but I didn't expect Preston to cancel it. Loved the ending with Christina breaking down, pointing out all the things of Burke's which were missing, knowing he was gone. Don't know how they are going to work the whole George/Callie thing as he failed the test and she was made chief resident. I, for one, will watch the spin off and give it a chance as I like Addison's character and I had forgotten just how good looking Tim Daly really is!

TheDuckRocks
05-21-2007, 10:12 AM
You know, I've been having very ambivalent feelings about the way the season ended. I guess I am disappointed that all the characters seem to be breaking with each other (except for the chief--that was a very bittersweet storyline). I know that I am probably in the minority, but I do not want Izzy and George together. IMO, Izzy has become more and more self-serving right from last season and into this one. She often doesn't think of how her actions affect others, or doesn't seem to care. I like Callie and think she and George could make a go of their marriage if it weren't for Izzy. I did feel very bad for George not passing his intern exam--who would have thought?

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one who likes Callie and thinks that Izzie is way out of line.

Wow, I haven't heard anything recently about who is going to be back next year but it seems that a lot of what happened in the season cliffhanger could be because the writers had no idea who had signed contracts. Even Meredith could be gone and the series could go on with another "Grey" being there to keep the title the same. Again, WOW!!!

Carol
06-08-2007, 07:18 AM
Isaiah Washington Fails Anatomy
E! Online
by Natalie Finn

Sandra Oh is without a beau.

ABC Television Studio confirmed to E! News Thursday that Isaiah Washington will not be returning to Grey's Anatomy this fall.

Publicist Howard Bragman said that Washington got a call earlier in the day informing him that he was "not invited back to the show next season," prompting this Network-inspired statement from the 43-year-old actor:

"I’m mad as 'heck', and I'm not going to take it anymore."

While execs refused to acknowledge whether the proverbial demise of Dr. Preston Burke was a direct result of Washington's off-camera difficulties this year, people close to the situation have been saying that not only was ABC peeved about the negative publicity the actor attracted this season but he also has exhibited a pattern of difficult behavior on the set.

Actually, considering how angry ABC seemed right after Washington uttered an antigay slur backstage at the Golden Globe Awards in January—while denying he had ever called costar T.R. Knight such a thing last October during an argument with Patrick Dempsey—it was surprising that Washington lasted as long as he did.

So, it almost makes the studio's decision not to re-up his contract a surprise, considering he hadn't been tossed thus far.

Washington's use of the offensive epithet at the Globes prompted indignation and outrage from the network, gay rights groups, Grey's fans and the actor's colleagues, including Katherine Heigl, who suggested earlier this year that her fellow TV doc should just keep his mouth shut.

After a public apology, a sit-down with GLAAD and the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network, a stint in counseling to work out his issues and an appearance in a PSA that aired just a couple of weeks ago, it seemed as if the fallout from Washington's screwup had finally settled.

Heigl, for one, said in Entertainment Weekly earlier this month that she was willing to let bygones be bygones.

"I don't know Isaiah well, but he takes his work seriously, and he loves his character. He made a big mistake, and it was thoughtless and boneheaded, and I think he's very sorry and embarrassed. This is something that will have changed the scope of his life," Heigl, who's currently starring in the hit comedy Knocked Up and has not yet confirmed whether she'll be returning to Grey's next season, told the magazine.

Although Bragman had maintained as recently as last month that Washington was, as far as he knew, returning to the show, nothing was set in stone.

Knight, whose status was also unsure in light of the controversy swirling around the show this year, finalized a $125,000-per-episode deal for season four earlier this week.

Like Washington, whose character ended season three by breaking up with Oh's Dr. Cristina Yang and moving out of their apartment (and her life, we now know), Knight's Dr. George O'Malley had failed his end-of-year intern test and emptied out his locker at Seattle Grace, not wanting to give it another go.

But unlike Dr. Burke, Dr. O'Malley will be back.

Earnhardt321
06-08-2007, 07:52 AM
I am glad George will be back next season! I was never a huge Burke fan but it will be different with out him on the show. I was looking forward to seeing how he and Christina were going to work with one another this season. I hope Katherine Heigl works out her contract she is my favorite Dr on the show.