PDA

View Full Version : Raglan Road DDE

CandleontheWater
02-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Has any one had trouble using their DDE card at Raglan Road? Its listed as a participating restaurant, and last time I went they said they'd only give us the discount on food (we had gone around 10:00 at night just for drinks). I'm planning on heading back there this time for dinner and drinks with an adr of 9:00, and I'm hoping they'll honor my card. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Twinsowner
02-03-2007, 08:46 PM
We had dinner there in october and everything was fine. Used the dining plan with no problem. We even split a meal and they seemed to treat us the same. I really enjoyed the place too. I see bad reviews on here sometimes but I personally think it is an extrordinary place. Have Fun!!

WDWFanatic
02-04-2007, 04:16 AM
We went in November for dinner and had no problem. We had a large party also, 16 of us. We all thought it was one of our best meals of the trip. They put us in a little room in the back, the kids loved it they felt like we had our own private area.

Say "Hi" to Danielle for us!

me...
02-04-2007, 09:16 AM
If it was just for Drinks, most restuarants don't give any sort of Discount on drinks unless they are running a 2 for 1 sort of special. If you are ordering food this time around it should be just fine.

Maleficent's Dad
02-04-2007, 02:20 PM
If it was just for Drinks, most restuarants don't give any sort of Discount on drinks unless they are running a 2 for 1 sort of special. If you are ordering food this time around it should be just fine.
Not accurate. :nono:
The Rose & Crown gives the 20% discount at the bar. The DDE gives 20% off of food and drinks (including alcohol) at all their listed locations.
We used the DDE for the 20% discount at the small outdoor area of Raglan Road (just for drinks) one year ago.

Not sure why you weren't able to use it... :confused:

Natazu
02-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Not accurate. :nono:
The Rose & Crown gives the 20% discount at the bar. The DDE gives 20% off of food and drinks (including alcohol) at all their listed locations.

This is correct. Raglan Road is still the new kid. Their staff isn't managed by Disney and as a result aren't as well trained. You probably just got a clueless server.

DisneyGiant
02-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Yup - we had no problem using the DDE at Raglan Road.

May524
02-05-2007, 03:13 AM
Kind of off topic, but my dh and I went to dine there, and once we saw the atmosphere and the menu prices we were turned off. Seemed like if you weren't getting a burger, the prices were somewhat steep!! However, we were paying OOP and not on the DDP. The theming seemed very Bennigansish, we weren't impressed.

Colson39
02-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Benniganish? I think it's one of the best themed restaurants in all of Downtown Disney. If you like Irish pubs that is.

Last I checked most Bennigans don't have 100 year old bars in them. And they don't have fireplaces. And very large individual booths. And multiple bars wrapping around the whole establishment. And classic Irish art on the walls.

Yes, it is a bit expensive. But you get what you pay for, and the food is excellent.

Just my opinion :)

WDWFanatic
03-22-2007, 04:11 PM
When we were there our server told us that everything was actually made in Ireland, dismantled and then ship over to Florida.

I don't know if that's true, but makes a good story...

Natazu
03-23-2007, 06:39 AM
When we were there our server told us that everything was actually made in Ireland, dismantled and then ship over to Florida.

I don't know if that's true, but makes a good story...
Based on the temperature of our food, I'd say that it's true.

Maleficent's Dad
03-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Based on the temperature of our food, I'd say that it's true.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :funny: :rotfl: :rotfl: