PDA

View Full Version : The Dream's Coming True: Pre-Trip Report

BriarRose0708
02-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Since I have to be at work on a Saturday, I figured I deserved an hour or so to relax and catch up on reading trip reports, which inevitably turned into 2 hours, and now I have devoted almost all morning to planning my trip, which is coming up in 54 days!!! Thanks to all the info here on Intercot and the helpful and friendly advice from all of you, here is what we're planning!

Cast:
Me (23): Nikki, very enthusiastic first timer
Roommate/Good Friend (24): Brittany, seasoned Disney goer
Brittany's Godmother: Kim, Orlando resident and wife to castmember. Not a fan of The World but will be joining us for select occasions

3/29: Departure and DTD
Our flight leaves Buffalo at 11:00am, connects in boston (25 minute layover- I hope there are no delays!) and lands at MCO around 4:30. Using Magical Express to get to POP Century. I don't anticipate getting to POP much before 6pm, so I'm not making any ADR's for that night. We'll head over to DTD, probably meet up with Kim and eat wherever it's not busy (I'm hoping for Cooke's, Wolfgang's Cafe, or Cap'n Jacks). And then hit up World of Disney, Mickey's Mart, Basin and all the other shops we can get to. I can't wait to buy a Where Dreams Come True hoodie! Hopefully we'll get to bed at a decent hour, but I am sure I'll be way too excited to sleep!

3/30: MK and Epcot
Since Kim's got the connections, we're meeting her sometime in the morning after she drops her kids off to school so we can get in to MK. I really have left the plans wide open since I have such a short window of time here. I am hoping to get to at least Adventureland, Frontier Land, and Fantasy Land. No lunch plans so we'll grab counter service or snacks as we go. EMH are at Epcot, so we'll head over there around 6-ish. No reservations at the moment for dinner, I am going between Alfredo's and the hibachi place in Japan. But I am also tempted to just sample foods from CS places, starting in Mexico and winding our way around to Canada just eating and shopping (2 things we are very good at!). Definately want to stop for Illuminations, and hopefully Soarin'.

3/31: EMH at MGM and check out
Britt loves sleeping in, so I am anticipating going to MGM by myself, but I'm not concerned. EMH are at 8, so I hope to leave by 7:30. I only have until 10am, just enough time to do Rockin' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Great Movie Ride and maybe Muppets 3D. Got to get back to POP to pack up and check out. Kim's coming to get us around 11:30. The actual reason we're in Orlando is for a professional conference and placement exchange, which is held at both the Gaylord Palms and World Center Marriott. We'll be there until 4/3 when we fly back to Buffalo. It will be a very short trip, but I have been looking forward to going since I was old enough to know what WDW was and there was no way I could be in Orlando, literally across the street, and not go.

faline
02-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Sounds like fun! Although it's a short trip, I'm sure you'll be able to pack a lot into your time!

disneydrmr
02-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Sounds like a jam packed couple days! Hope you have a safe and magical trip!

DizNee143
02-05-2007, 02:37 PM
sounds like a jam packed short trip you got there....i hope you have a wonderful time...since it will be your first time in Disney!! im sure you will have a blast!! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
02-06-2007, 08:57 AM
I hope you enjoy every last second of your first trip to WDW! Sounds like you have done your homework and have a good gameplan. Have fun!! :thumbsup:

BriarRose0708
03-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Single Digit dance!!! 9 days until I leave for the World!

Some of our plans have changed. We decided to spring for a character breakfast Friday morning at Chef Mickey's. Since I have just one day in the MK I wanted to maximize my time on rides and attractions, not waiting in line for characters. So I thought a character meal would do the trick! We got the only ressie time- 7am! oy! But it will be worth it.

We're no longer hip-hopping to EPCOT. I realized that in my excitement I got way too carried away. By trying to cram too much in I don't think I would enjoy myself as much. I don't want to be too commando on the one full day I have there. So, since the MK is Disney to me, we'll be there from opening to close. Hopefully the crowd will thin out in the evening because the resort people will be over at EMH at EPCOT. This way we can take our time and get some more rides in, and watch Wishes. I've been listening to the music on live365 and I love it, I can't wait to actually see it!

Soooo excited!:mickey:

CarolinaWDWFan
03-21-2007, 12:59 PM
:cloud9: Congratulations on making your first trip! Look out...you will want to start planning your next trip before you leave!

I have done a few business trips to Orlando and have squeezed in "WDW time". It sounds like you have a good plan in place. Be sure to check out the availability of Alfredo's which is due to close in the not to distant future.

Have a great trip!

BriarRose0708
04-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Thanks Carolina! I just got back and it was such a magical time! I'm working on my trip report right now.

ElenitaB
04-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Sounds like you had a great few days planned out! Now to go read what actually happened! :)