PDA

View Full Version : Character heights

goofiecrazy
02-01-2007, 02:50 PM
I always wondered when i see the characters if there is a certain height u have to be to be a character.Like Mickey,Minnie,Donald, Goofy and the others that are tall and short.

DizNee143
02-01-2007, 04:36 PM
yes you do have to be certain heights...what they are im not to sure...but ill try asking my sisters friend...shes been working in disney for over 5 years now..she herself plays belle ariel cinderella and snow white...and i know she had a friend who was trying to go for the spot of gaston for the beauty and the beast show and he didnt make it cuz he was an inch too short...not like anyone would of really noticed but disney sure did....ill see if i can find anything out.. :mickey:

captainhookfanatic
02-11-2007, 11:38 AM
I just looked up the auditions process for Disney Characters online and you have to be between 4'8" to 6'3" and they add special consideration for those between 4'8" to 5'0". Hope this helps the original poster. :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-07-2007, 04:50 AM
Shorter characters(Mice, Ducks) are about 4'8-5'2. Mids (Pluto, Munks,) and Princesses about 5'2-5'6. Tall characters (Goofy, Genie, Baloo, Tigger) and princes, usually about 5'8-6'0.

Stage character I believe are a bit taller since the persceptive from the audience being further back will make them even out (I've heard that Fantasmic Mickey is about 5'2-5'4).

There is also a thing called silhouettes, meaning when in costume, you should not be able to tell if the performer is a man or a woman. Like, as bad as it may sounds, thinner men and women get characters like Goofy and Pluto because they are thinner characters.

Figgyluv03
05-07-2007, 01:01 PM
If I remember correctly, when I was down in the tunnels with my roommate there was a huge list on the wall of who they were looking for and what height and weights that were required for the particular characters. I was told I was good for chip or dale, but I have a fear of small spaces, so there's no way I could do it.

LaDracul
06-08-2007, 11:26 AM
I know someone who worked at Disneyland and he said they can be very liberal and not really follow the rules in some cases...but now it makes me wonder if the people who hire at Disneyland are different than the ones that hire at WDW...

joanna71985
06-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Shorter characters(Mice, Ducks) are about 4'8-5'2. Mids (Pluto, Munks,) and Princesses about 5'2-5'6. Tall characters (Goofy, Genie, Baloo, Tigger) and princes, usually about 5'8-6'0.

Stage character I believe are a bit taller since the persceptive from the audience being further back will make them even out (I've heard that Fantasmic Mickey is about 5'2-5'4).

There is also a thing called silhouettes, meaning when in costume, you should not be able to tell if the performer is a man or a woman. Like, as bad as it may sounds, thinner men and women get characters like Goofy and Pluto because they are thinner characters.

I know this is old, but the list is just a little bit off.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-10-2007, 10:13 PM
I know Eyore is always short because he always hugs me and is shorter than my 5'7". And I always have to tell Eyore to let go, much too huggy.

joanna71985
06-11-2007, 02:26 AM
Actually, he is taller.

Taron
07-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Disney is a good place to work you don't have to be specially a top model just good looking to be a character. I have seen little Mermaids that look like my 33 years old aunt so...just wandering