PDA

View Full Version : What Area Music Gets You Smiling?

BelleBeauty
01-30-2007, 09:32 AM
I know this has been posted about many times, but I was sitting here in a funk at work, popped on my headphones, and could not help but dancing around to the area music from Splash Mountain. I could almost feel that cool air as you walk through Brer Rabbit's world towards your log flume!

Whether is be CD, ipod, or streaming online music, what music gets you smiling when you are AWAY from our communal favorite place?

handmaidenofprincesses
01-30-2007, 10:42 AM
waiting in line for indiana jones... gosh i love that music!!

JerseyMouse
01-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Tough question....

I'd have to go with the music from Main St., USA

HooksLeftHand
01-30-2007, 11:16 AM
For me it's definitely Main Street USA....I love all the music, but when I hear that, I definitely know I'm at Disney World!

threeh
01-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Great question!!!
I really love the music they play on What's happening today on resort tv. I also get warm and fuzzy anytime I hear monorail stuff (like on live 365 they have the soundtracks from the express monorail)

It takes me right back!!!! :thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
01-30-2007, 01:44 PM
In no particular order:
>back ground music at the POLY!
>Main Street music
>Adventureland music
>Although it is not music, I love the Monorail narration!

*tinker_belle*
01-30-2007, 02:01 PM
Hmm what music do i like to hear when i'm not at DLR?
Yeah Main Street Music or New Orleans Square music. I download it and sometime you can find really random pieces of music! :mickey:

BelleBeauty
01-30-2007, 03:25 PM
I've spent the whole day online with streaming Disney music since I posted this morning.

And I have to say that the Haunted Mansion channel (all HM all the time), and the Grim Grinning Ghosts song never fails to put a smile on my face either - even when I writing proposals and scheduling staff while listening. :mickey:

DisneyEpcotDad
01-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Epcot area music!

Sunshine1010
01-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Epcot music...

I wish they would play more songs/music throughout the entire Magic Kingdom park...

pink
01-30-2007, 10:11 PM
I know this has been posted about many times, but I was sitting here in a funk at work, popped on my headphones, and could not help but dancing around to the area music from Splash Mountain. I could almost feel that cool air as you walk through Brer Rabbit's world towards your log flume!

Oh, that sounds so great! I wish I was there right now. I have Disney music on my ipod too! :blush:

I would defintiley have to pick Main St. in MK! It just starts the magic for every trip!

Shugoondola
01-31-2007, 08:56 AM
Epcot Future World music is the best! :number1:

I could listen to that all day. :cloud9:

:mickey:

SBETigg
01-31-2007, 09:26 AM
The music for the Main Street Electric Light Parade always makes me smile and takes me back. My DD has it on a CD and when I am really missing the magic, I'll have her pop it in.

She's a teen and all her friends listen to rap and rock but she's always listening to her Disney music. :mickey:

Ian
01-31-2007, 09:49 AM
You specifically asked about area music, so I assume you're talking about the background loops that play across the parks ...

My hands down favorite used to be the Tomorrowland one that featured all the Ray Lynch and Andreas Vollenweider new age music ... that one gave me chills. The new one is still good (with the instrumental versions of classic Tomorrowland attractions), but not as good as the older version.

I love the Future World area music ... that might be my favorite now. Specifically, the music that plays throughout Innoventions Plaza and the surrounding areas (the Epcot Fountain loop is really good, too).

But ... if you're talking purely about putting a big grin on my face ... I would have to go with the Main Street USA BGM. When I hear that music is when I know I've truly arrived at Disney World.

BelleBeauty
01-31-2007, 10:09 AM
I said area music, but I guess I am talking about any of the music that really gets you smiling!

This morning I needed my Disney fix again (ah work!) and what really put me in a good mood was the SpectroMagic parade - I find myself swaying as if I was one of the butterflies!

Ian
01-31-2007, 10:56 AM
I said area music, but I guess I am talking about any of the music that really gets you smiling!In that case, I would definitely have to add the Spectromagic music, the Tapestry of Nations parade music, the Main Street Electrical Parade music, and the Wishes soundtrack to my list.

And topping my list would be the music from Reflections of Earth ... that is, hands down, my favorite piece of Disney music ever.

HndrdPrcnt
01-31-2007, 10:59 AM
For me it's definitely Main Street USA....I love all the music, but when I hear that, I definitely know I'm at Disney World!

Agreed, 100%!!

Jenemmy
01-31-2007, 01:35 PM
The Main Street Music, for sure, but I also love the background music from the WIlderness Lodge Lobby. Hearing that INSTANTSLY transports me there :pine:

Chrisx2
01-31-2007, 05:07 PM
OK, as far as background music goes, I have a few faves. Love the Main Street USA loop, of course. I also like the Polynesian Area music and the Wilderness Lodge music. Soarin' queue music is also tops on my ipod hits.

Outside of background music, I love Spectromagic and Wishes. I also liked the Tapestry of Nations music.

Melanie
01-31-2007, 06:33 PM
I love the Epcot Future World loop, especially now that Soarin' is included.

PirateLover
01-31-2007, 06:47 PM
Goodbye my Coney Island bayyyybyyy farewell my own true love.... LOVE the Main Street Loop. Also I like all the Adventureland stuff... Whale of A Tale, Blow the Man Down etc... and the International Gateway loop...someone in the Mummer's parade this year used the music from China and I got so excited when I recognized it! And the Splash Mountain medley always brings a smile to my face... My boyfriend laughs at me because I sing along to every song in the Tower of Terror queue... gosh I could go on and on. I don't know that there is any music I DON'T like at WDW!

LibertyTreeGal
02-01-2007, 08:32 AM
1. New Orleans Square - DL
2. Main Street Loop

BelleBeauty
02-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Goodbye my Coney Island bayyyybyyy farewell my own true love.... LOVE the Main Street Loop.

I'm listening to it right now! :mickey:

Mickey 101
02-11-2007, 02:50 AM
Epcot Future World music......don't know what the pieces are called, but they are very magical

Illuminations--Reflections of Earth

International Gateway area music

World Showcase music they used to play before Illuminations. Interesting story--my son was viewing a homemade snowboarding video from out of the country on a website and the background music was one of the pieces from this. It made our day! Which brings up a question. I don't mean to derail the discussion, but some of you have mentioned that you have downloaded park music on your computer or iPod. How do you do it? I don't mean the music you can purchase at the parks, but the ambient background music that you have a hard time getting your hands on.

DizneyRox
02-11-2007, 09:19 AM
There are a few fan websites that document the background music loops, etc. Much of the music lately is commercially available on albums, especially it seems the music over at Epcot. The BGM or pre-show for Illuminations is a good example, it's all out there on albums, most of it is on iTunes I believe.

Disney music seems to have a great number of fans, it's a shame that they don't release much of what's out there. I can imagine it would be quite a lucrative revenue stream, but maybe in the grand scheme of things it's more of a hassle than anything else.

MinnieMommie
02-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Nothing like the Main Street Electrical Parade music to get me smiling and get my feet tapping! :mickey:

Sylvia
02-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Main Street music, original EPCOT entrance music, AK music, Tapestry of Nations . . . just about everything else. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

dixielandings
02-13-2007, 09:05 AM
All of it really - but I love the Tomorrowland stuff, along w/ some of the FW music (especially the FutureWorld pavillion music, like WoL and the old Living Seas and Horizons).

And the entrance loops to all the Parks - nothing says "Welcome" better!

JMTStone
02-13-2007, 09:35 AM
We LOVE the Lion King broadway show (DH and I have matching tatoos) so the AKL and AK were both PERFECT music for us.

And when I'm grumpy, there's NOTHING like a little "Hakuna Matata" :simba:

Alpha Jeanie
06-05-2007, 06:36 PM
When I hear the music from the Spectromagic parade, if I close my eyes, I can actually be there, standing on a curb at the Magic Kingdom watching all the lights, characters and floats going by me. That song, "On This Magic Night", just wraps up the whole Disney experience for me. It's magical and makes me feel like I am a kid again!!!:mickey:

NJDad
06-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Main St fan here as well.

The acoustic guitar versions of classic Disney songs over by Camp Minnie/Mickey made me smile. Are they still playing over there?

AdventurerKim
06-06-2007, 12:49 PM
All Disney music makes me smile! :) I especially like the original music when you entered Epcot, Main Street Electrical Parade music, and Spectromagic music. :cloud9:

DisneyorBust
06-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Let's see......
>Main Street Loop
>Adventureland BGM
>Fantasyland BGM
>International Gateway BGM
>Germany Pavillion
I think that I need to return to WDW:mickey: and do some research, I think that I missed a few favorites.:D

NJDad
06-11-2007, 07:03 AM
One of the other sites posted a link to a site where you can download the music, so I finally got the acoustic guitar Camp Minnie Mickey music that I enjoy. Does anyone else have it? There are some Disney tunes I can't actually identify.

AnnieBananie
06-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Ohhhh.....I LOVE all Disney music. But, there's nothing like Main St. music, Spectromagic soundtract and Epcot entrance music. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: We have lots of Disney music and ususally listen to Illuminations in the evening at bedtime. (My husband and and I actually listen to more Disney music than our chidren do!!!)

IloveDisney71
08-10-2007, 10:03 PM
I love the Wishes soundtrack. When I play it, I can almost see the fireworks going off over Cinderella's castle.
I also love the song from the Share a Dream parade. It brings tears to my eyes everytime I play that cd. :thumbsup: