PDA

View Full Version : Good News!!!

TinyDancer
01-24-2007, 11:45 AM
I was reading another post here in the Water Cooler and the poster mentioned that we are hard pressed for Pixie Dust, but could they still have some and it got me to thinking. I know this is the place that we all come to when we need help for whatever reason. And I know that we all like to let each other know that we're a family and all here for each other. But I think that it would be really nice to balance all of these sad stories with some good ones. Not to take away from the upsetting things, but someplace to remind us that good things do happen. Even just as simple as "I drove to work today and hit every green light" can cheer you up!

So lets go, who will be first?!?

pogo
01-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Well........ I'll step up to the plate ! :thumbsup:

This morning I helped two clients save around $25,000 and I saw their smiles light up the room. :cloud9:

Then I sat down with a potential new client and he had just gotten off the phone with one of the others and he agreed in principle to work with me.

I'm working on it as we speak, but I think I can save him over $100,000 in the next five years while providing my great service to his company !

And here's the best part......... I get paid to do this ! :D

BelleBeauty
01-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Well, I'm in and I will subscribe so I can keep up the positive energy.

I volunteered my time over the last three months (A LOT OF TIME) to plan a big event that was last night. It took a lot of coordination and a lot of sponsorship. I've been working my behind off and stressing out about it.

Last night was the event and everyone loved it! To boot, I had applied for a scholarship through the same organization to go to a conference in the UK - and I WON!

Great professional exposure, wonderful experience, and a trip to London to boot! :mickey:

Tinkerfreak
01-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Great idea.
I have a trip to Disneyworld planned for April 26th. Just DH and I. What a great day!

buzznwoodysmom
01-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Here's my bit of good news:

Just two weeks ago DH and I bought our lot in a new subdivision in our area, the best part we paid it cash!!!!

In the same week we met with our architect and loved the way our house looks on paper!

DS, Collin, has been waiting all year to be choosen as student of the week and he just found out yesterday that he was picked as student of the week for next week. He is so excited!

We only have 15 more days until we go to WDW for a week to celebrate Collin and Landon's birthdays!!!!

mrsgaribaldi
01-24-2007, 03:08 PM
We had a good night at work last night. No one really, really sick and it wasn't that busy after 11pm.

pink
01-24-2007, 05:00 PM
I think this is a really good idea for a thread! :thumbsup:

:mickey:

ElenitaB
01-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Great idea for a thread! :thumbsup:

I felt so good today (one week post-surgery) that I exercised for the first time in months. (Only 15 minutes and in the apt building hallway but something is better than nothing, right?)

Jimenyfan
01-24-2007, 06:39 PM
I dont know if this is good news but I did something yesterday that I have never done before. I am almost 40 and yesterday was the first time I ever road on a school bus. It was also the first school trip I went on with my DS. I dont think I need to experience it again anytime soon, but it was a first and the class had a good trip.

The Bookseller
01-24-2007, 09:41 PM
I think we really need this thread.

Recently, I found that I had a mutual fund I din't move in years. Now, there's 1600$CAN in it. Since I don't need that money right now, I called this fund "The Disney Fund". It will be used to treat me a vacation at WDW during hard times.

mtown71
01-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Good idea for a thread! Let's see..good from today...hmm...my sis made it through surgery just fine. We have a new supervisor at work & we are getting the numbers of our staff back up. Would that work?

Disney Babe
01-25-2007, 12:21 AM
I went to a job interview today. I don't think I got the job, but I really enjoyed talking to the people who interviewed me. I've been on lots of interviews in the past few months and when you can meet nice people it is really a good day! Right next door was a McDonald's and I stopped in for a bite. Sat outside and soaked up the sun- first warm day in So. Cal for a while - and fed the birds bits of my french fries while I listened to children playing and laughing. One of the birds had beautiful purple markings. Thought of the Disney song "Feed the Birds."

DMApixie
01-25-2007, 12:29 AM
My DD13 auditioned last weekend for the All-County Middle School Honor Band. She found out today that she was accepted and placed as 'first chair' flute. She is sooooo excited and I am so very proud of her! (For those non band-geeks out there...first chair means that she is the #1 flute player in the band.) :flute:

My twin DD's12 were also selected to play in the All-County Elementary School Honor Band...triple woohoo!

What a great idea for a thread! :thumbsup:

merlinmagic4
01-25-2007, 05:56 AM
This is the first Thursday that we don't have to go into Boston for my son's weekly (now biweekly) follow ups with his transplant surgeons!! We're moving back to "normal"!!

pogo
01-25-2007, 07:26 AM
Then I sat down with a potential new client and he had just gotten off the phone with one of the others and he agreed in principle to work with me.

I'm working on it as we speak, but I think I can save him over $100,000 in the next five years while providing my great service to his company !

And here's the best part......... I get paid to do this ! :D
I finished the proposal in rough form and last night I met this client for dinner and showed him what I came up with in the short amount of time I had. He was so impressed, he signed the contract and gave me two referrals to company presidents that could also use my services. Did I tell you, I love my job !!!!!! :cloud9:

I think this thread needs a rating ! :D

ElenitaB
01-25-2007, 08:51 AM
This is the first Thursday that we don't have to go into Boston for my son's weekly (now biweekly) follow ups with his transplant surgeons!! We're moving back to "normal"!!
"Normal" is a beautiful, extremely underrated, thing!

SBETigg
01-25-2007, 09:01 AM
My novel, a September release, is available for preorder on Amazon and already has a sales ranking! That's great news for me. I had a rough patch in changing from historical to contemporary women's fiction, so it feels amazing to have something new coming out at last- seven years after my last historical romance was released. Plus, I'm doing a radio interview for Valentine's Day. :D

Dsnygirl
01-25-2007, 03:10 PM
:thumbsup: This is a great idea for a thread!! Things have been so crazy around here, and I'm sure I've used more than my share of pixie dust, so this may not seem like much, but.... my DH pushed me to go to a jewelry party a mutual friend was having last night... I don't typically go in for things like that, and I don't tend to go "out with the girls" very often.... but he said I needed it, and should just go and have fun. Well, I'm so glad I did - I reconnected with some old friends, had a great time - yes, bought a little jewelry :D - and just generally felt really great getting out and doing something "for me". So, I am just very thankful that I have a DH who looks out for me and wanted me to go relax... I work 3 nights/week as a RN and go in @ 6:30pm, so he's mom & dad those three nights for our DD's.... well, this added on another night for him, but he didn't mind, and I'm grateful, and happier today for it!! :)

The Bookseller
01-25-2007, 08:23 PM
"Normal" is a beautiful, extremely underrated, thing!

The Chinese got a curse "May you live in interesting times". As a super in a Condo tower, I just love Normalcy and routine. Generaly, when my routine goes by the window, it means that I got a new problem to deal with.

On the "Happy Happy Joy Joy" side, I had two cysts removed today. They were both located on my head (just between the skin and the cranium). By itself, they dint disturbed me too much except when I have to wear some rigid headgear like the VR goggles at DisneyQuest. In these rare cases, It make the whole experience very unconfortable. Now that they are removed, I am really looking foward to ride Alladin's virtual carpets! :D

mouseaddict
01-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Don't know if everyone else will find this to be good news, but I do. DD 11 weeks looked up at the Mickey Mouse on her wall today and let out the biggest cackle, the legs were pumping and she was smiling ear to ear! I took her back to her room an hour later and had the same reaction. It is official..I have a mouseaddict jr! :cloud9:

merlinmagic4
01-25-2007, 08:42 PM
My novel, a September release, is available for preorder on Amazon and already has a sales ranking! That's great news for me. I had a rough patch in changing from historical to contemporary women's fiction, so it feels amazing to have something new coming out at last- seven years after my last historical romance was released. Plus, I'm doing a radio interview for Valentine's Day. :D

I found your book! :thumbsup: Very cool......I think I will preorder it :)

And, yes, Ellen "normal is a beautiful thing". I know you appreciate it!!

Disney Babe
01-25-2007, 08:49 PM
My DD13 auditioned last weekend for the All-County Middle School Honor Band. She found out today that she was accepted and placed as 'first chair' flute. She is sooooo excited and I am so very proud of her! (For those non band-geeks out there...first chair means that she is the #1 flute player in the band.) :flute:

My twin DD's12 were also selected to play in the All-County Elementary School Honor Band...triple woohoo!

What a great idea for a thread! :thumbsup:

My niece used to play the flute in band and marching band and was one of the drum majors. As she got older we wanted so bad to talk her into auditioning for one of the military bands that we have seen play at the Redlands Bowl. Being part of a military touring band can offer someone wonderful experiences and a great future. If you ever get a chance to take the kids to a concert of either the Air Force Band or the Navy Band, I highly recommend it. It's a wonderful experience and can help kids to see where their music can take them.

SBETigg
01-25-2007, 09:46 PM
I found your book! :thumbsup: Very cool......I think I will preorder it :)

Wow, that's so sweet! Thank you. More good news for me. It's so great to read everyone's good news! Very inspiring thread. :thumbsup:

DMApixie
01-26-2007, 01:50 AM
Don't know if everyone else will find this to be good news, but I do. DD 11 weeks looked up at the Mickey Mouse on her wall today and let out the biggest cackle, the legs were pumping and she was smiling ear to ear! I took her back to her room an hour later and had the same reaction. It is official..I have a mouseaddict jr! :cloud9:

That made me smile!

DMApixie
01-26-2007, 01:58 AM
My niece used to play the flute in band and marching band and was one of the drum majors. As she got older we wanted so bad to talk her into auditioning for one of the military bands that we have seen play at the Redlands Bowl. Being part of a military touring band can offer someone wonderful experiences and a great future. If you ever get a chance to take the kids to a concert of either the Air Force Band or the Navy Band, I highly recommend it. It's a wonderful experience and can help kids to see where their music can take them.

Disney Babe, I see you are in Colton...that's just the other side of the pass from me, or as we say 'down the hill'. It's a Small World After All!! :-) We have taken the girls to several events at Redlands Bowl, we LOVE it there. But, we haven't been to a military band concert, thanks for the tip! DD13 starts high school next year, she is just itching to start marching band!

TikiGoddess
01-26-2007, 08:26 AM
We have started a tradition at the dinner table every night. We each get to say what our favorite part of the day has been. It's nice to remember that good things did happen during the day, even the little ones. I even bought a journal last night at the bookstore (75% off -- 1.74!) to write down all the good things that happen each day.

Today is my day off and I'm home in my warm house with my two girls. My little one has had a head cold for *ALL* January and this morning is the first morning she has woken up all smiles. :) Now my older one is sick, but she deals with it better.

And I have a DH who understands and tolerates my Disney obsession, while tempering my desire to go to WDW every other day...! :mickey:

Happy thoughts, everyone!
TikiG

Caroleh
01-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Wednesday night I saw a friend that I haven't seen since before Christmas, she kept telling me that I looked thinner. I'm not on a diet or anything, but today I decided to take my measurements, I've lost 4 inches on my hips and a 1/2 inch in my waist!!! Not bad for not even trying!!!

mouseaddict
01-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Wednesday night I saw a friend that I haven't seen since before Christmas, she kept telling me that I looked thinner. I'm not on a diet or anything, but today I decided to take my measurements, I've lost 4 inches on my hips and a 1/2 inch in my waist!!! Not bad for not even trying!!!

SHOW OFF!!!! ;)
Seriously, from a post partum mom curretly fighting off the baby bulge, I know that this is a huge difference! Congratulations and go buy some new clothes for that new body!

Caroleh
01-26-2007, 09:20 AM
SHOW OFF!!!! ;)
Seriously, from a post partum mom curretly fighting off the baby bulge, I know that this is a huge difference! Congratulations and go buy some new clothes for that new body!

What makes this all the worse is, I was at a cooking class when I saw my friend....the food Classic French. I love these cooking classes...lots of good food!!!!

pink
01-28-2007, 06:21 PM
This isn't big happy news or anything but I just thought I would share. Today I took my little brother to the movies and we spent some quality time together and tonight my mom is cooking a big dinner for my whole family and afterwards we are going to watch Desperate Housewives together by the fire. It's our tradition for my dad, mom, and me to watch it every Sunday and I love it!

The Bookseller
02-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Those are the days when you need to do something...

I went throught my personal finances and everything is rosy. My "401K" for 2006 are full and I am alerady planning for 2007, This year's trip to WDW is monetary secured and I have created a fund of 1600$CAN for my future trips at the mouse. Let's add to that the fact that I have no debt, everything is okay.

In this situation, I have to behave like a typical 30 years old "boy" and act accordingly: getting out there and buy myself an expensive gadget.

In this case, it's a beautiful Canon EOS Rebel XTI digital camera! I just love the thing! It's full of buttons and got a instruction booklet the tickness of a trashy romance novella! I am in love.

Disney Princesses, prepare yourselves! I am comming at you with my new-found friend this September! :photo:

Life is great... :D

Riri529
02-07-2007, 12:05 AM
I am a speech pathologist. This week, one of "my kids", an 18 month old boy with Down Syndrome, began using sign language. I am sooo proud of him!!

Jeri Lynn
02-07-2007, 06:51 AM
My daughter got accepted to Framingham State and that is where she really really wanted to go!!

My DH and I, along with some friends went snowmobiling in Millinocket Maine this past Wed - Saturday and I got to see the beautiful Mt. Katahdin on many occasions of our ride, The Logan Pond Trail was breathtaking and we saw one moose!!

AND, when we got home our house was still in-tact and the kids were fine!!

TinyDancer
02-09-2007, 04:43 PM
I finally really dumped my stupid boyfriend. :thumbsup: He was not very nice!

I am finally getting excited on my project to repeal the statute of limitations on rape in PA.

The temperature has climbed out of the negative 20s!!!

MsMin
02-09-2007, 08:23 PM
:blush: We have had a good week. --I'm feeling better:ill:
Rachel, who will graduate in May has just received 2 more scholarships. After her tuition is paid and books and supplies she is left w/ $ 7K-- nice graduation present.
My son has just been promoted to (I think he called it) Senior Programer. They gave him a 5K raise and his own office.
Christin has been told to attend the awards ceremony for the Addy's (sp?):trophy: awards for advertising. I know her company has won 17 awards but she may have something on her own but we won't know until Sat. night.
:congrats: to all

DVC2004
02-10-2007, 06:08 PM
We leave for DL in 8 days!

Work is going well and I am extremely happy. My boss has praised me quite a bit as well which is always a good thing.

Hubby took me to the jewelry store today to have my dad's diamond reset. My dad had a men's diamond ring (he passed away 26 years ago) which my mom gave me a few years ago.We had the diamond set into a beatiful solitaire womens band. What a meaningful valentine's gift for me. It turned out just beautiful!

Jimenyfan
02-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Today the family went to georgia for a BMW(high performance car)meet, one of the wide recievers for the Atlanta Falcons was there and took my 14 y/o son for a ride in his car. DS is a high school football player and got alot of advice on what he had to do go further in his own football career. He was told to keep his grades good and work out hard in the weight room. DS is on :cloud9: . DS 9 got his autograph. Renews my faith in professional athletes.

Bringonthemouse!
02-10-2007, 09:13 PM
My good news is simply that I have made it through 15 years (I can't believe it's been 15 years) as a single mom of a fabulous, bright, healthy girl, or should I say young lady. And to celebrate life in general, we are heading to WDW in Dec.!!

Great thread, keep the "Good News" coming. Very inspiring.

The Bookseller
02-24-2007, 11:24 PM
I have a great news to share. My mother had a tumor removed from one of her breast. The bugger was sent to the pathology department for a in-dept analisys.

Well, we have received good news. the four lympatic nodes removed with the tumor turned negative for cancer and they confirmed they removed the whole mass. So the bugger was contained and dint leaked across the body.

Knowing the potency of Pixie-Dust, I am glad that you all shared some with me previously. I know the path for recovery is not completed but I am relieved that it dint got worst.

JMTStone
02-25-2007, 12:07 AM
7 Days before I see Lion King in London. :simba:

TinyDancer
02-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Today is my birthday!!!

Well, sort of. My birthday is February 29th (yes, I'm one of them, lol) but I celebrate it today. Actually, I'll be celebrating tomorrow as well. And this weekend, and when I go home for Spring Break. :blush: So far it has been a very nice day!

The Bookseller
04-23-2007, 09:05 PM
I just rescued a Toshiba Satellite 1800 Laptop from the garbage! The battery is toasted and the DVD unit shows signs of trouble but he works right!

I can't believe the people who throw away perfectly good electronics.

Anyway, their loss, my gain! :D

Melanie
04-23-2007, 09:20 PM
We just got new (fake) wood floors! :yay:

I know that sounds silly, but if you knew what we'd been living with for almost a year, you'd understand. Darn that government budget. ;)

TinyDancer
04-24-2007, 09:33 AM
This is my last week of classes. I'm so very excited!

Jeff G
04-24-2007, 12:33 PM
It's great to see this thread again.

Today my DD is eight weeks and just before I came to work today she smiled at me for the first time.:baby: