PDA

View Full Version : our january journey, day 8- animal kingdom, travel home and final thoughts.

EvilQueen2006
01-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Our January Journey Trip Report

Cast of Characters:

Me- Heidi, Disney Planner
DGF- Lauren, my wonderful girlfriend. Going along to humor me even though she hates noise, screaming children, crowds and rides. (My mission was to convert her to a disney nut like me)
DD- Alissa- Our 10 year-old daughter.
DM- Shirley, my mom. Along to spend some quality time with DD.

Day 8 ( Friday Jan. 12, 2007)

Today we sleep in until about 8:30 and pack up our suitcases. We check-in at the airline check-in desk and get our boarding passes. We store our carry-ons and decide to make our last day an Animal Kingdom day. I go ahead to Asia to try and get some FP’s for Everest, but the ride wasn’t working. I meet everyone else back in Dinoland, and we ride Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl and then go back to Asia to see about Everest again. No luck, the cast member says that they are hoping it will be running by afternoon. We look in some shops and then its time to go back to Pop, we use up our last counter service meal at the food court, I get some chicken and Lauren gets pizza, My mom had a cheeseburger and Alissa had the veggie lasagne. The pizza was good, the chicken was ok. We got out carry-ons out of storage and then spent some money in the gift shop and used up the last of our snack credits on rice crispy treats for the plane ride. The bus picks us up at 1:45 and we are through security and at the gate almost 2 hours before our flight. We find Starbucks again and wait. We have a delay once we get to Atlanta, and have to wait an extra hour, but made it home in one piece. (With a little help from my friend, Xanax) :blush:

Some Final thoughts . . . .

The Dining Plan- for 4 of us for 7 days the plan cost $1120, our table service meals alone cost $1020. Counter services added up to $310, I didn’t save all my snack receipts, but we will average $3 per snack and say $84. The dining plan saved us about $294. I’m sure we would not have eaten nearly as much if we didn’t have the plan, but it was nice to not have to worry about prices and budgeting. We will definitely use the plan again.

Crowds- I thought January would be very light on crowds, but I was wrong. I don’t know if it was the marathon or what, but we had some pretty crowded days. Of course it was nothing like spring break time of year, but I think January is getting to be a more popular time to go. We definitely had to deal with the line cutters, and all-around rude people just as much as any other time of year.

Pop Century- I liked the resort better than the All-Stars. The food court was better and more selection in the gift shop. I’ve had preferred locations at Music and now at Pop and I think Pop is more conveniently laid out. Even the rest of the buildings didn’t seem very far away, whereas when I was in non-preferred at music, I felt like I had to walk forever to get to the busses and lobby. I never had to wait long to get a bus (except at MK after wishes due to the crowds, but even then the buses came quickly and the line kept moving)

My mission to convert Lauren to a Disney Nut like me- Mission Accomplished. She is already asking when we can go back. We are thinking of maybe having a short “just the two of us” trip in May and then another family trip next year sometime. Yay!!!

amorillo
01-22-2007, 04:42 PM
:mickey: :mickey: Congrats on converting Lauren! :mickey: :mickey:

Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation! Thanks for sharing it with us!

KylesMom
01-22-2007, 04:46 PM
What a wonderful trip the four of you had - and congratulations on converting Lauren! Thanks so much for posting your reports, I've really enjoyed them. I hope you guys can go back soon! :mickey:

princessgirls
01-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Glad you had such a wonderful trip!

Julie :mickey:

pdrlkr
01-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks for sharing your vacation! :smickey:

Cindy'smom
01-22-2007, 10:28 PM
I agree with the crowd comment. We were there 1/4 - 1/9 and I was very surprised how crowded it was. Especially the first couple of days. And yes, plenty of rude people. That was shocking to me. I don't know if it has gotten worse, or if I noticed it more because I didn't have my children there to distract me. I think you and Lauren should definately take a trip yourselves. It was so much fun to go as just adults!

DizNee143
01-23-2007, 02:13 PM
sounds like you guys had a pretty good time...thanx for sharing your trip with us!!! :mickey:

faline
02-01-2007, 06:48 AM
:thumbsup: Mission accomplished!

Having just gotten back, I found January to be more crowded than I was expecting as well!

ChipnDaleGal
02-01-2007, 10:36 AM
I am glad that the four of you had such a good time. Kudos for converting Lauren. It is so much more fun to share the Disney Disease!! Thanks for sharing your trip with us! :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-03-2007, 02:01 AM
I share your friendship with Xanax too when I fly;) I'm glad the you converted Lauren:mickey: It's so great when your family doesn't have to be begged to go to Disney:cloud9: Thanks for sharing your trip:thumbsup:

A Mouse Fan
04-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Thank you for Sharing your Trip with us! It sounds like you had a great time :thumbsup:

Wolf
04-03-2007, 07:33 PM
:cheer: Grats on converting Lauren! That gives me hope I can convert my BF if I can ever drag his butt away from WoW. Your trip reports were awesome thank you! It really helped cause we are planning a trip next Jan. Thank you!!!

Bethis26fan
04-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks for sharing, sounds like you had a great trip.

crazypoohbear
04-04-2007, 07:09 PM
YEAH on the convert!!
I'm sure if just the two of you go back she'll be hooked for sure! Good Luck telling the daughter she's not going!:pout: :eyes:

thejens
04-04-2007, 09:45 PM
thanks for your great reports! Aren't you lucky to have a night to yourselves! The rest were probably just staring with envy because you were so lucky to be without kids for a night! (I really do love my boys, but I only wish my mom would enjoy a night with them more than a night at Cali Grill.)

Kisobel
04-30-2007, 10:47 PM
congrats on converting you girlfriend. nice trip reports. made me hungry with all that food. :blush: