PDA

View Full Version : our january journey - day 7-Magic Kingdom

EvilQueen2006
01-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Our January Journey Trip Report

Cast of Characters:

Me- Heidi, Disney Planner
DGF- Lauren, my wonderful girlfriend. Going along to humor me even though she hates noise, screaming children, crowds and rides. (My mission was to convert her to a disney nut like me)
DD- Alissa- Our 10 year-old daughter.
DM- Shirley, my mom. Along to spend some quality time with DD.

Day 7 ( Thursday Jan. 11, 2007)

We woke up early again today. After some croissants at the food court we hop a bus to Magic Kingdom for EMH. I love the extra hour at Magic Kingdom. We started out on Dumbo and rode everything in Fantasyland, by the time the park opened up to the public we were on our way on to Tomorrowland. We did Buzz, TTA, Stitch, Space Mountain, COP. Before heading off to lunch, Alissa and I decided to go on another ride on Space Mountain. As we get off, there is a man handing out lanyards that say “Year of a Million Dreams” We Won!! Yay! This was our one and only meeting with the dream squad during our trip. On our way out of Tomorrowland, we saw Push, the talking trash can, so we stopped to watch him for awhile, he had quite a conversation with Alissa. She was wearing camouflage pants, so he was convinced she was on the run from the FBI. We went to Columbia Harbor House for lunch. I think this is my favorite counter service place. I had the Lighthouse sandwich and some veggie chili. After lunch we took in a showing of “The Hall of Presidents” (good thing lunch was before that or I wouldn’t have had much of an appetite after watching W.) We moved on to Toontown, took a ride on the Barnstormer and toured through Minnie and Mickey’s houses. We had pretty much done everything in MK by then, and Lauren wanted to go back to AK to buy a backpack she had seen there, so Lauren and I left to go there and Alissa and my mom went back to the hotel to go swimming. We had separate dinners planned tonight, Lauren and I were going to California Grill and Alissa and my mom went to 'Ohana. After AK, Lauren and I went back to the hotel to change into nicer clothes for California Grill. We felt a little silly on the bus to MK in our nice clothes, and standing on the bus was a little difficult in heels. We got to MK and decided to walk to the contemporary rather than take a monorail. We got there with about an hour to kill so we went to The Outer Rim and had a couple drinks. With about 15 minutes before our 7:00 ADR we went to check in. We were seated immediately in the quieter back area of the restaurant. I had the california roll for an appetizer and Lauren had the 4 cheese flatbread. Both were absolutely amazing. For entrees I had the potato gnocchi in a mushroom creamy sauce. It was so rich, but very very good. Lauren had the scallops, also very rich. I ate some of her’s which wasn’t a good idea. I love scallops, but they don’t love me. Before dessert we went out to the observation area and watched Wishes. What a romantic view. For dessert I had the chocolate valhrona cake with peanut butter and jelly ice cream, Lauren had a pineapple cake. The food and service was very good here, but I felt a little stared at, at times. Even though I know WDW is pretty much staffed by the gay community, I didn’t feel very welcome in some places. This was one of these places. When we left the restaurant we got to the MK bus stops just as everyone else was. We waited a loooonnnnggg time for a bus. We got back to the hotel and I started feeling the effects of the scallops, I fell asleep moaning in pain as my stomach paid me back for treating it so badly all week. As for Alissa and my mom's dinner at 'Ohana, My mom said it was her favorite dinner of the whole trip. I will definately make it a plan for myself for next time.

Next Up . . . Animal Kingdom and time to go home.

amorillo
01-22-2007, 03:32 PM
After lunch we took in a showing of “The Hall of Presidents” (good thing lunch was before that or I wouldn’t have had much of an appetite after watching W.)

OMG... I nearly peed my pants when I read that! Too funny! :D Of course I completely agree!

KylesMom
01-22-2007, 04:42 PM
All in all, another good day - minus of course the scallop's revenge and being made to feel uncomfortable at Cali Grill.

I don't want you to leave! Translated - I don't want your trip reports to end! :(

pdrlkr
01-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
02-01-2007, 05:47 AM
Sorry, the scallops didn't agree with you!

We just dined at the California Grill earlier this week. You already have me wishing I could have another of those 4-cheese flatbreads!

ChipnDaleGal
02-01-2007, 09:09 AM
So sorry that you had tummy issues that evening, but the rest of the day sounded great. I am so happy that your daughter was able to get something from the Dream Squad. That will be a lasting memory for her. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-03-2007, 01:58 AM
I love California Grill:thumbsup: I think I like the view and the atmosphere more than the delicious food. I know what you mean about feeling funny on the bus. We were dressed up on the monorail for dinner at the Cali Grill and felt funny too. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
04-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

crazypoohbear
04-04-2007, 06:52 PM
sorry about the scallops turning on you. They must have been friends of Gee W B.
I guess you don't get invited up to Kennebunkport much???