PDA

View Full Version : New Forum

allie_to_you
01-22-2007, 09:31 AM
How do you get a new forum going? I really think there should be a forum for disabilities. There are so many people who go to Disney that have some sort of disability, whether it's physical, mental, emotional, or whatever and many others who talk on here could give help or advise. Also, some of the most amazing stories I have heard have been from parents who have taken their child who is disabled to Disney for the first time and seen the looks of joy on their faces that they normally don't see. My husband is confined to wheelchair and I have been able to ask lots of questions from others here who have experience Disney in a wheelchair, but if there were a specific forum just for disabilities, then people could get their questions asked and answered more easily

Strmchsr
01-22-2007, 10:52 AM
New forums would be up to John Y. I've asked him about a weather forum as well since so many folks have weather-related questions. You can pass along the request to him or one of the moderators. Trying to plan a trip for the first time with a diabetic 6 yr old I certainly would enjoy hearing from others as well.

ariel03
01-22-2007, 11:42 AM
I too would like a disablility thread. I have a father (Papi) with MS that I want to go to disney someday with me and a thread like that would be very helpfull

allie_to_you
01-24-2007, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE=Strmchsr]New forums would be up to John Y. I've asked him about a weather forum as well since so many folks have weather-related questions. QUOTE]

How do you get in touch with him?

Figment!
01-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Posting here is usually a good way, but John has recently been busy preparing to travel to the Walt Disney World to cover the Press Events live for INTERCOT.

You can also always send site suggestions to [email protected]

dpamac
01-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Trying to plan a trip for the first time with a diabetic 6 yr old I certainly would enjoy hearing from others as well.

Chris: Drop me a line. I've been diabetic since I was 8 (25 years now). I might be able to give you some tips and tricks.

As far as contacting JohnY, just drop him a PM via his profile and he'll get back to you. You can also contact me, Polygirl40 or Melanears. We'll all bring it up as a group and discuss the suggestions. Please do understand, however, that some forums may have too narrow of a focus for a board of this size and audience or may not fit into the general scheme of things. Plus, we don't want the boards to get too big, otherwise it'll be easy to get lost.

That being said, there are a number of forums on these boards that are here because of member suggestions. We can't always accommodate all suggestions, but we find them all valuable.

Nate's Grandpa
03-19-2007, 01:41 PM
I think a new disability forum would be very useful for many users of Intercot.

I have been a diabetic for over 30 years.
I always enjoy my time at Disney, but there are things I have to consider while I'm there.

It is very painful to write about any disabilty of a child or grandchild. My dear grandson Nate (age 2) has been diagnosed with Autism. I have used the "search" facility of this site to find information, but it would be easier to look in one forum.

ibrowse17
03-19-2007, 02:56 PM
I agree! Would very much like to see this as a forum topic:thumbsup:

The Bookseller
03-19-2007, 11:25 PM
THis is, I do believe an excellent idea for a new forum. How many times we had to answer about wheelchairs and special diet needs?

A separate forum is needed. Everybody deserves some magic at WDW. :mickey:

dpamac
03-20-2007, 09:30 AM
A new forum is under serious consideration. However, at this time we are working very hard on some other projects that have to take priority, including the server drive and the launch of another website in the INTERCOT network.

When the time comes where we could launch this, you will be the first to know!

Jenemmy
03-20-2007, 09:54 AM
It is very painful to write about any disabilty of a child or grandchild. My dear grandson Nate (age 2) has been diagnosed with Autism. I have used the "search" facility of this site to find information, but it would be easier to look in one forum.

I'm a proud mom to an 8 year old boy with autism -- just extending an invitation for you to write or pm ANYTIME with anything. Anything your family is going through, there is a good chance I've been there with my own amazing little guy. If I can be useful, please don't hesitate :mickey:

PirateLover
03-20-2007, 05:47 PM
I would just like to add my support to a disabilities/special needs forum. It would just make an excellent site that much better :thumbsup: