PDA

View Full Version : Bedtime stories and classic cartoons on resort tv?

TexasPrincessAurora
01-21-2007, 09:53 PM
I know when we were here in Nov 05 the bedtime stories were still on the resort tv. Have they taken them off ? We're at POR and I can't find them anywhere. Also, people are always talking about watching classic Disney cartoons on resort tv and I'm never able to find them either. Any help out there?

wifey5794
01-21-2007, 09:58 PM
We've never been back in the room for bedtime stories but the cartoons are my DS (8) fav's. I think they are on like channel 96 or something like that!!

They crack him up!!

hooberry
01-22-2007, 09:59 PM
every night when we got back to the room , around 9 or 10 my 2 yr old would watch the classic cartoons till she dozed off, she loved them so much I bought her one of the classic DVD's at the resort before we left. They did seem to play the same maybe 10 cartoons every night, after a week she knew what was going to happen on them, very funny :D

McGoofy
01-23-2007, 08:52 AM
We are usually not back that early either now that DS is 8, but when DS was a toddler, he loved those bedtime stories. Like I said, now we don't get back as early, so I've not checked the tv, but I did notice on our last 2 visits (June '06 and Nov. '06) I did not see the paper advertising the bedtime movies and times that normally stands up on the nightstand. I too was wondering if they still did the bedtime stories. That was one of those little touches that made the Disney resort so special to our toddler.

Surfer Stitch
01-23-2007, 10:15 AM
On my last trip in Sept/Oct I didn't see either playing and I looked for the cartoons especially. Unless it was just my room or some other weird reason I don't think they play anymore.

blondeinbrandon
01-23-2007, 03:48 PM
They don't have the bedtime stories anymore. :(
My kids loved them. I don't understand why they don't have classic disney movies looping all the time on a channel. That would be great.
We bring the boys Playstation which hooks right to the front of the tv and then we have games or a dvd player. So we bring our own "Disney" only movies!!
:thumbsup:

TexasPrincessAurora
01-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Thought maybe it was just me, but obviously they just aren't playing them anymore. What a shame. I agree...why not just devote a resort channel to classic Disney 24/7.

LarryBoy
01-24-2007, 10:45 AM
We were very sad :( on our last trip that the bedtime stories were gone. My son thought they were neat, and it was a better way to wind down than just watching regular TV. The only place you can watch classic cartoons is most of the hotels have a TV set up in the lobby near the front desk.

goofy for pluto
01-24-2007, 11:40 AM
How sad that the bedtime stories are gone. It is little touches like bedtime stories and classic cartoons that make children have such great memories of staying at WDW. :mickey:
Children with great memories are more likely to keep coming back as teens and adults.

Surfer Stitch
01-24-2007, 01:16 PM
I knew everyone of those cartoons by heart but it was always something I looked forward to. When I got there last trip and they weren't on it felt kind of weird. Maybe they'll add them again by September.

Kenny1113
01-24-2007, 01:26 PM
I don't know if things have changed since I was last at WDW ( oct '06), but they still had the classic disney cartoons. As a matter of fact that was the first time I had seen them and the kids loved it !!! I almost couldn't get them to leave to go to the park :)

bobpfef
01-24-2007, 05:23 PM
I just returned for POR and they did not have the classic cartoons. I typed in every possible number on the remote and would just get "Channel not available" -- they were no secret channels that I could fund.

magicofdisney
01-25-2007, 12:11 AM
At the All Stars you can punch in 96 and still get the classic cartoons ( just watched them two weeks ago, myself). When I was at Pop in Sept/Oct 2006, channel 96 wouldn't come in. Perhaps some resorts can access that channel and some can't?

McGoofy
05-22-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm dragging this thread back up because I had made a mental note that I wanted to post to it when I got back home from our trip to WDW. We were just there 2 weeks ago (May 6-12). We never even knew channel 96 exsisted until I had read this thread. We stayed at AKL, and channel 96 is still going strong. My son loved the classic cartoons. They even played Steamboat Willie. They ran through maybe 6 cartoons or so, just like the ones that kids can watch in the kid's waiting areas while adults check in at the resorts. Then they also did a few sing a long songs in between cartoons. So anyway, after I saw that, I wanted to post here and let everyone know that the cartoons are still there. And thanks to the OP for starting this thread, otherwise, our family may have never known that the cartoons were even there at all!:mickey:

TexasPrincessAurora
05-22-2007, 05:06 PM
We stayed at AKL in April and I did remember to check then for channel 96. Our little one loved the classic cartoons. They weren't on at POR in January.

Does anyone know if you can pick them up at SSR? We joined DVC and that is our home resort.

VAdizneefan
05-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Same here -- Boardwalk Villas has this classic Disney cartoon channel still. My DD 2 1/2 watched it a great deal while we were there from 5/6 to 5/11. I was thinking the channel was up in the high 90s so 96 sounds right.

January-2007
05-22-2007, 08:20 PM
The channel's not available at Pop Century, I can tell you that much. We watched the cartoons from the kids area near check in at the resort, but the cartoons weren't available in the rooms, DH even asked someone at the front desk. We'll have to try to tune in channel 96 while at the Beach Club later this week and see what happens... wouldn't that be neat if it was available!