PDA

View Full Version : Save the Cheerleader....

LibertyTreeGal
01-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Does anyone else follow Heroes? I can't wait for Monday!

I love Hiro and Mohinder!

amorillo
01-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Haven't missed an episode yet! Plus downloaded every episode for my video iPod... so I can watch them at work!

Count me in as another Hiro fan! He's definately my favorite! But Peter and Claire are close behind!

Three more days!!! :cloud9:

LibertyTreeGal
01-19-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm not technologically advanced enough to do the ipod thing, but I have rewatched every episode on the website.

If I had to choose which powers were the coolest though --

1. Hiro - bending time and space
2. Claire - regeneration
3. DL -- they call it shapeshifting, but really I don't know what to call it, being able to morph through objects.

Peter is cool though :thumbsup: Nathan makes me :mad:

Not2Loud
01-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Great show. Even got my DW into it. Hiro is great....will be interesting to see how it progress' through the rest of the season.

I saw yesterday that it got picked up for a 2nd season! :marg:

thrillme
01-19-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm totally addicted to this show. I LOVE Hiro...he's so "cuddly".

As far as I know I haven't missed an episode but

LibertyTreeGal I don't remember DL :confused:

I'm drawing a complete blank on him
RE:
3. DL -- they call it shapeshifting, but really I don't know what to call it, being able to morph through objects.

I know in the X-Men Nightcrawler was called a "transporter" I just don't recall DL??? Maybe I don't remember the names well or something.

Could someone refresh me on the "scene" with DL???

LibertyTreeGal
01-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Could someone refresh me on the "scene" with DL???

Sure, DL is Nikki/Jessica's husband (father to that absolutely adorable boy of hers who can take apart computers and control technology). She framed him and took the money and when he found out he took their son and ran. He's the one who can stick his hand through doors and open them up from the other side.

thrillme
01-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Got it thanks. I can see CLEARLY now. I remember.

Yes yes yes. DL...Not "Transporter" capabilities like NightCrawler but PHASE capabilites like Kitty Pryde (Shadowcat). A "Phase Shifter"...shifts atoms around so they can move through objects.

I LOVE Heros...Xmen has been around a little longer so I guess I can relate older superheros with comparative powers.

Yep...I like DL too. His name escaped me. I stink with names in general anyway. "Jessica" is spooky.

Whew...I was worried there for a minute I thought I missed something.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
01-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Definitely a fan of this show from day one. Actually because of a card someone left on my register at work. It sat there for weeks before the show started. Don't know who brought it in, but am very grateful.

My favorite characters are the Petrelli brothers. Close runner up is Claire.

Not sure how I feel about the new slogan..."Are you on the list?". Will have to see how that plays out.

Loved "Save the cheerleader, Save the world!".

Can't wait for Monday either

:balloon:

NotaGeek
01-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Save the Cheerleader ... by her a cocktail.

Oh wait, that's me. :marg:

I LOVE this show, but I admit I am a fan of anything about a hero or superhero or anyone with special powers or magic, or cute guys. :)

LibertyTreeGal
01-22-2007, 08:18 AM
12 more hours to go! Gonna have to watch Deal or No Deal so I can catch a glimpse of the new Hero.

DMApixie
01-22-2007, 02:31 PM
It's on tonight. Yay!!! DD13 and I will be curled up on the couch, popcorn in hand. :popcorn:

LibertyTreeGal
01-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Well, that was really cool. But I am confused --

What is "Teddy Bear" -- you know, nuclear guy, doing out in the desert? Didn't the government take him away? Wierd.

Anyway, I really like the new Hero, the Invisible Man. Pretty cool. He seems to have excellent control over his powers. And can only Peter see him or can all heroes, I wonder?

And did you catch the other new hero preview on Deal or No Deal? She reminded me of Jean from X-Men, not in her powers but in that she looks like Famke :)

Anyway, it is so good to have it back on after hiatus.

TooGoofy
01-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Well, that was really cool. But I am confused --

What is "Teddy Bear" -- you know, nuclear guy, doing out in the desert? Didn't the government take him away? Wierd.

Yup, Ted was taken away by the government, but he escaped. I can't remember exactly what episode it was, but I remember the female FBI agent calling Matt Parkman to tell him that Ted had escaped.

I thought the episode was great and really meaty! Lots of action progressing the plot, which was nice. I did not see the new hero on Deal or No Deal. It's no deal for us when it comes to watching that show!

LibertyTreeGal
01-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Now I remember about Ted..... that explains alot. Thanks :thumbsup:

Okay, did you see the article in TV Guide about George Takei (Sulu from Star Trek) being Hiro's dad starting next week? Should be too cool!

TooGoofy
01-24-2007, 06:02 AM
I know! I am really excited about George Takai as Hiro's dad. That should be a hoot!

I also really enjoyed the introduction of Claude, the Invisible Man, played by Christopher Eccelston. As a Doctor Who fan, I'm pshyched that he is joining the cast.

Also, I went on line and saw the clip of the introduction of the new hero, Wireless. Now that is a cool power! And you're right, she does look like Famke Jansen (Jean Grey from the X-men movies).

If you go to the NBC website for Heroes, they have a graphic novel (comic book) each week, extending the storyline for one character from that week's show. If you haven't done so, you should check it out. It's a cool site.

LibertyTreeGal
01-29-2007, 07:57 AM
Save Mr Sulu.. save the world!

I can't wait to see him tonight. I guess Wireless isn't showing up for another few weeks. Bummer.

DMApixie
01-30-2007, 02:13 AM
"Father" "GASP!!"

hee hee! :funny: I love Hiro, he is my favorite Hero. :teleport:

NotaGeek
01-30-2007, 02:25 AM
Seriously? WOW. Great show!

LibertyTreeGal
01-30-2007, 06:42 AM
I found myself asking some serious questions (possible SPOILERS!)--

what on earth is Jessica going to do to the shrink?

did Micah get a spanking? Probably not ;)

Is Lindermann Claire's birthfather? (seriously, I'm wondering -- he has the sword, and Isaac's paintings, and RPG (Mr Bennet) somehow knew where Nathan was when he was Lindermann's "guest." And he is tied to 7 of the heroes in one way or another, coincidence?)

Is Sylar going to kill Mr Muggles?

Does Benson know? Does Benson care? (cue SOAP music)

I was disappointed that Sulu only showed up for the last 10 seconds, but I should have expected that... next week will be awesome!

sagessa
02-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Does Benson know? Does Benson care? (cue SOAP music)

When I read this I could hear the Soap theme in my head! :rotfl: I may have to get out my DVDs and spend some quality time with the Tates and Campbells!

Rachel R.

ChipnDaleGal
02-02-2007, 12:15 PM
My daughter thinks that Claire's father will be Linderman. I think it will be Nathan Petrelli. I think he is going to end up on the evil side of things yet. This show just rocks our socks off! Such a compelling story and it moves so fast. As much as I love "Lost", it could take a few cues from "Heroes" on pacing.

LibertyTreeGal
02-04-2007, 03:24 AM
I think the only characters we can rule out as being Claire's dad after seeing "the hand" are Nikki, DL, Hiro, Poppa Sulu and Mohinder :)

Actually, I think the only ones really old enough are Linderman and Nathan -- unless I am forgetting someone.

TV Guide said a Hero was going to die pretty quick here, gotta wonder if Sylar will knock off Mr Bennet.... but I would be SO sorry to see him go. He's a wonderfully complex character, a horrid guy who really does care for his family -- in a twisted way. Definitely not 2 Dimensional.

LibertyTreeGal
02-05-2007, 10:23 PM
SPOILER

Okay Donna, I'm giving credit where credit is due here, you nailed it on your Nathan prediction.

Did anyone catch the license plate on Hiro's dad's car?

NCC 1701 -- I wonder if they rented the limo from Enterprise? ;)

Good episode, interesting that Isaac is working with Mr Bennet. Wacky bit about Mohinder and Sylar in the preview.....

missbunny
02-05-2007, 10:25 PM
What a family! I wonder if anyone else in the Pertrilli (sp) has any "powers". I really thought that Linderman was going to be Claire's dad. It seems like he is connected to so many characters. Do you think he is the one who got Nicki/Jessica out of prison. She would make a great hitman.
I love Hiro and his dad. I hope we see more of his dad. LOL, I wonder if he has ties to Linderman as well.

I love how Peter is developing his control of his powers. I wonder how many powers he aborbed from his contact with SKylar.

I can't wait until next week, the suspense is almost as bad as waiting for my next Disney vacation.

mickeysworld
02-05-2007, 11:24 PM
LibertyTreeGal and others who saw tonight's episode,

did anyone notice that when Claire's mom was thrown into the china cabinet, she didn't have a scratch on her? do you think she has a power too and has just been mind-erased so much that she doesn't remember it? and it looks as if mind-reader boy get's thrown out the window by jessica next week? best show on tv!
lost should definetely take some notes.

NotaGeek
02-06-2007, 01:09 AM
I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!

Oh man what a really good episode. I am really glad to see Peter becoming a more evolved character because he's SO cute! ;) Actually, it's nice because clearly the Cheerleader is important, but he's going to be the other really important character IMHO.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

LibertyTreeGal
02-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Now that we know that Nathan is Claire's dad I have another question -- how long has he REALLY known about his powers? It seemed odd to me that he could perform supersonic flight when running away from Mr Bennet when he hadn't had much experience yet. Maybe he has known for a long time?

And yes, it definitely looked to me like Matt was the person Jessica was throwing through the window -- and we do know someone dies this month. Man oh man, how does Lindermann have so much power? Even if all the other charges were dropped, she has assaulted multiple police officers and just about tasered her shrink to death. What is Lindermann's power, I wonder?? Just the power of influence and money or something more?

I'll have to watch and see what happened to Mrs Bennet -- I didn't notice that she got thrown into a china cabinet, just that she was on the floor afterwards, but I did see that Claire picked up a huge chunk of glass from the chair.

OOooh, that was a great episode!

mickeysworld
02-06-2007, 09:12 AM
I think you're right, I think Nathan has known about his powers for a very long time and has chosen not to share/reveal them to anyone least they interfere with his political ambitions?

Mrs. Bennet got tossed pretty good into the cabinet by Sylar and there was no blood or any kind of scratch on her. Maybe I'm reading too much into it?!

Another great episode!

LibertyTreeGal
02-06-2007, 09:44 AM
I wonder if Nathan has a "wild child" past in which he was "doing" his powers with other people like Claire's birthmom but then when he thought Claire died he flew off and gave it all up. You have to wonder with fire being her power if he blamed her for losing Claire.... hmmmm.....

mamacatnv
02-06-2007, 12:43 PM
I knew it was Nathan! Got to say "I told you so" to DS 17, don't get to do that often. :)

I thought when Claire got home and Mrs. B was chastising her for skipping school that she had a cut/scratch on her upper forehead. I could be wrong and have since erased, but I remember thinking, I wonder why Claire didn't question the cut.

snowflakegirl
02-06-2007, 01:33 PM
I thought when Claire got home and Mrs. B was chastising her for skipping school that she had a cut/scratch on her upper forehead. I could be wrong and have since erased, but I remember thinking, I wonder why Claire didn't question the cut.

I erased mine, too, but I seem to remember her being scratched up a bit as well. Maybe not as much as she should have been if she'd been thrown into a china cabinet, but that there was at least a scratch on her head. But I'm not totally sure.

TINKERBELL_82
02-06-2007, 01:42 PM
I don't think she had any marks...

I could be wrong though! I just know she said that she ahd a headache. :confused:

Can't wait until next Monday!! :D

roryjulie
02-06-2007, 05:59 PM
did anyone watch last night? i DID NOT see that last bit coming!!

LibertyTreeGal
02-06-2007, 06:16 PM
I just watched it again online and her head never hit the glass, just her shoulder/arm area -- so there would be no visible marks, but she would have to be in some pain....

LibertyTreeGal
02-12-2007, 11:43 AM
I am rethinking the whole thing with Matt possibly being the hero who dies this month -- too obvious.

In any event, I can't wait for tonight's episode. Maybe we ought to do a poll -- which Hero do you think will be the one to die this month (as per TV guide)?

I am going to guess Jessica, I would be sorry to see her go, however.... I love all the heroes.

ShelbyAD
02-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Did anyone catch the license plate on Hiro's dad's car?

NCC 1701 -- I wonder if they rented the limo from Enterprise?

DH & I taped it, when we first watched it that's what I thought it said, we rewound the tape and paused it. We both thought that was kind of cool! :thumbsup:

DH didn't start watching the show until about the 4th or 5th episode. The first couple of episode did come back as a rerun on the SciFi Channel, but we missed it. We came into it when Nikki found all of those bodies in her garage.

My favorites are Claire, Hiro, and the Indian guy. (sorry can't think of his name right now).

LibertyTreeGal
02-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Hi Shelby! I caught the plate during the show. I told DH and he didn't believe me so I watched again online and paused it. HA!

If you have DSL you can watch all the shows on NBC's website. :cool:

My biggie question tonight is "What on earth is Nathan gonna do now that he knows about Claire? Will he recognise Mr Bennet as the guy who tried to kidnap him when he was in Vegas?"

Could get pretty ugly....

LibertyTreeGal
02-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Dang, some stuff really took a dark turn last night. Matt seems to be turning to the dark side :(

Wasn't the guy he was protecting the same one that showed up and got Nikki out of jail?

And Claire's bmom -- oooh that made me mad, she is NOT cool. Scam artist for sure.

I wonder if Claire's mom has been zapped by the Haitian too many times... that is really tragic.

Last night's episode really depressed me.....

diz_girl
02-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Since Claire's birth mother showed Claire's picture to Nathan, I've been trying to remember if Nathan ever saw Claire when he came to Odessa to take Peter home after Peter got out of jail. I don't think so, since she would have been with her father and Nathan would have strangled him if he saw him.

As for Parkman, I can't really blame the guy. His police career is hitting the skids, his new career as a bodyguard is pretty much over since his first client was killed and no one is going to miss those diamonds, since they came from money stolen from Linderman. As for Linderman, I wonder if he is HRG's boss and is bankrolling the project.

And yes, that definitely was Linderman's henchman who got Nikki out of jail and that Jessica was sent to kill. I just can't see how she is going to kill Nathan. Maybe Nikki will become stronger and take over Jessica by then. I hate to say, but as of last night the whole Nikki/Jessica thing is getting old and their personalities need to merge for the storyline to successfully continue.

I also saw the NCC-1701 license plate. What a great touch! I also noticed in last night's episode that someone called either Hiro or Ando "Sulu" and that Hiro used the Vulcan "live long and prosper" handshake on someone else. It makes me wonder what other details I've missed.

I can't wait until next week.

elorac
02-17-2007, 01:13 AM
:thumbsup:
Now that we know that Nathan is Claire's dad I have another question -- how long has he REALLY known about his powers? It seemed odd to me that he could perform supersonic flight when running away from Mr Bennet when he hadn't had much experience yet. Maybe he has known for a long time?

If I remember this right, I thought they showed Nathan and his wife in that car accident that paralyzed her, and he flew out of the car right before the impact. My impression being that that was Nathan's first time flying. Does anyone else remember this?

Oh yeah, and this is my absolute favorite show!!!

NotaGeek
02-17-2007, 04:26 AM
Did anyone else catch the Heros reference on E.R.? Dubenko came out of the operating room at one point and said "Save the Cheerleader, save the world..."

I laughed.

LibertyTreeGal
02-17-2007, 08:35 AM
:thumbsup:

If I remember this right, I thought they showed Nathan and his wife in that car accident that paralyzed her, and he flew out of the car right before the impact. My impression being that that was Nathan's first time flying. Does anyone else remember this?

Oh yeah, and this is my absolute favorite show!!!

Oh that's right, now I remember. Thanks for bringing that up.

mickeysworld
02-17-2007, 10:34 AM
you're right, does nathan feel guilty for not pulling her out with him?

LibertyTreeGal
02-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Yikes, the commercials say that someone is going to die tonight!!! I'm wavering between Matt and Jessica.... guess it's too much to hope that Claire dies, she dies alot and she comes back....

BTW, did you all know that the gal who plays Claire also played Princess Dot in A Bug's Life?

mickeysworld
02-19-2007, 02:20 PM
I don't have a clue as to who might get it tonight, but if I had to choose, I would say Matt, just because I don't know how far his story line can go.

I'll have to listen to Princess Dot next time we watch Bug's Life. She's also the girl in the movie Stripes, about the racing zebra!

LibertyTreeGal
02-20-2007, 08:51 AM
SPOILERS**** Just in case someone hasn't seen it yet, I held off until this morning.

Oh gosh, I can't believe it. I am so heartbroken and that took me as such a shock..... I never saw it coming, right up until it happened :( I really liked Simone

Amazing episode, and interesting how Claire's mother's brain was actually bruised by what the Haitian does. And Matt, boy I pray he isn't going to the dark side. And of course, Sylar, I really liked that lady -- and I hope Sylar has the biggest headache for all eternity.

Very, very amazing episode last night.

mickeysworld
02-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Didn't see that one coming either! mostly because my brain kept thinking it was going to be a hero who got it!

And I agree with you, hope Sylar starts to have ill effects from all the powers he keeps taking.

LibertyTreeGal
02-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Actually, they could do a hilarious graphic novel about the trip that Sylar and Mohinder are taking. Mohinder won't stop talking, drumming his fingers on the dashboard, etc.... :thedolls:

diz_girl
02-20-2007, 04:44 PM
This is terrible to say, but I'm not upset that Simone was the character to die. I'm just glad that it wasn't a hero, or Ando. It was a good decision of Hiro's to send Ando home. I think that Hiro is now seeing his mission as a true mission rather than an adventure and now he is starting to act accordingly. It will be interesting to see Hiro's transformation into the guy that Peter saw on the subway, although it will be a little sad to see Hiro lose some of his innocence and enthusiasm that he had at the beginning of the show.

Now I'm just wondering how long it's going to take Mohinder to realize that Sylar is his new friend. I do think that the whole Sylar thing is getting a bit old. Maybe I'm just not seeing where Mohinder's or Sylar's paths are going to lead. Are they going to wander around the country for the rest of the season with Mohinder finding heroes and Sylar killing them. I don't know about that one.

Peter being able to control his abilities is making his storyline more interesting. It's getting much better. He was a little too whiny there for a while, but his storyline looks like it will move along better than just being Nathan trying to protect him, now that he's starting to use the abilities that he's acquired.

Next week's episode looks really good, with HRG guy having to explain a few things. I still think that Linderman is backing HRG and his operation, otherwise why would Linderman be so interested in Isaac's paintings? I'm also wondering why Linderman would want to have Nathan rubbed out. I mean, he just invested a few million dollars in his campaign and has the tape of him and Nikki as collateral. It doesn't quite make sense on it's own, so maybe it's because Linderman knows about Nathan's special ability because he's funding HRG. I mean, Linderman seems to be everywhere. I've heard elsewhere that we'll get to see Linderman in the next episode. That should be interesting.

DMApixie
02-27-2007, 02:09 AM
What can I say but..."Wow!" And the previews for next weeks show..."Double wow!!" I can't wait.

diz_girl
02-27-2007, 09:48 AM
I agree, "WOW."

Last night's episode was great! It was interesting to see how the invisible guy and HRG knew one another. I never would have guessed that he was HRG's partner, but it makes sense since the Haitian has been his partner. I can't wait to see if Matt accepts being the new partner, but I doubt that he has much choice in the matter.

I'm still wondering what in the world George Takei (Hiro's dad) has to do with the whole operation. And does that mean that he knew about Hiro's ability before Hiro manifested. But then if he did, then why didn't he turn over Hiro to the agency, as HRG was supposed to do with Clare once she manifested. Of course, she's now on the run with the Haitian.

As for the previews, so Simone isn't dead after all? But how could she have set up Isaac with that amount of precision, where Isaac shoots towards the door just as Simone is standing there? The rest of the previews look good too.

I can't wait until next week. Even my DH is getting into the show.

J9
02-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Last night's episode was the best by far.

I don't know about anyone else (the thought had never crossed my mind before this episode), but I kept thinking that at some point during the whole Sandra/Lyle/Ted captive scenes that Lyle was going to manifest somehow and turn the tables. The thought of Lyle being a hero had never crossed my mind until just then. And given that HRG and his wife couldn't conceive, what are the chances now that Lyle was "adopted" in the same way Claire was? hmmm.....

Anyway, the preview looked pretty good too! I'm not so sure that Simone is alive (I kinda hope she's not - I don't like her much). It could just be a nightmare sort of thing. We'll have to wait and see (and hope! oh, I'm so mean!!!)

DizneyFreak2002
02-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Simone is going to wind up a Hero too.. Watch.

NotaGeek
02-27-2007, 11:09 PM
:clappy:

ChipnDaleGal
02-28-2007, 05:22 AM
Really terrific episode! I was crying like a baby when Claire was saying goodbye to her dad.

Disneymom4ever
02-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Ok, please tell me- my vcr cut off at 10:02pm, and it wasn't over yet! I don't know what happened. The last thing I saw was Claire said good-bye to her dad, and then he got shot once while she turned around. Was that it? Did they drive off and leave him there? I'm sure I couldn't have missed too much, did I? I can't believe I missed the previews for next week, it should be good from what you all say!

J9
02-28-2007, 04:45 PM
To my recollection, that was the end of the episode. It ended at 10:03!

LibertyTreeGal
03-02-2007, 10:24 AM
I don't think Simone is going to wind up as a Hero. I just read an interview that she did and she will only be in two more episodes.. this next and another. Of course, at this point I am batting 000 on my predictions...

When I saw George Takei I just about fell over. And the link with the Invisible Man Claude was awesome!

I am glad to finally see the ultimate proof that HRG does truly, truly love Claire. *sniffle*

LibertyTreeGal
03-05-2007, 12:51 PM
oooh, we get to see Lindermann tonight...... and it looks like Hiro gets his sword, I wonder how he's gonna pull that off.

I can't believe how good this show is. I hope they can keep it up next season. I would hate to see Heroes become like Lost.

diz_girl
03-05-2007, 05:23 PM
As far as Simone goes, I don't mind if she's out of the picture. She was getting annoying. In the preview it looked like she somehow staged her injuries with fake blood, although I don't know how she could have done it. I also wonder how well she knows Linderman, especially since she now has either met or knows four Heroes (Peter, Nathan, Isaac and Hiro - I don't think I missed anyone). If it wasn't staged then my only other thought on how she could have survived would be that if Peter can absorb the powers of other Heroes, maybe he somehow was able to temporarily transfer Clare's healing power to Simone. I don't know. But hopefully I'll know the answers in less than five hours.

DizneyFreak2002
03-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Are you ready for another 6 week hiatus? Yep... After tonight's show.. Heroes goes on another 6 week hiatus..... Once it returns, 5 episodes will be left in the season...

LibertyTreeGal
03-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Are you ready for another 6 week hiatus? Yep... After tonight's show.. Heroes goes on another 6 week hiatus..... Once it returns, 5 episodes will be left in the season...

I'm gonna die..... I have trouble waiting one week.

Tonight's episode was even better than last weeks. Oh Mohinder...... oh Peter.....

mickeysworld
03-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Bear with me please, it takes me a while to catch on sometimes!, but what does Linderman want from Nathan? and if Nathan doesn't go along, what's Linderman threatening him with?

I was so happy when Mohinder had that tuning fork in hand! but alas, my happiness was so short lived...I kept asking DH, is this real, this isn't someone's dream is it?!

Can't wait for them to come back, 6 weeks is too long!

NotaGeek
03-06-2007, 12:45 AM
6 weeks????? :down:

MiSSdiZZY
03-06-2007, 12:49 AM
i saw the first episode and i am the only person in my family weho was not impressed. i was never really a fan on Hayden Panatirare(sp) but i hear a long drawn out explination from my brother walking to school tuesday mornings so i pretty much know whats going on..

LibertyTreeGal
03-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Well, now I've had the chance to absorb the episode....

how long has Mrs Petrelli known about Claire? Just since Claire's bmom demanded money or before? And how long has she known about the Haitian? Is she a Hero? Why did Mr Petrelli REALLY kill himself? Or was he killed by the company?

This shapeshifter is scary. And really mean.

Since Peter can heal himself, Sylar could, in theory, torture him just about forever. Is Mohinder gonna die? I don't think I could bear that. I could have kicked Mohinder for not killing Sylar in the first place.

What's going to happen to Mr Bennet? Good grief, how am I going to survive the next 6 weeks?

BUT, I guess with a show like this they can't have it entirely written out a season ahead of time, so the writers probably need time to craft the scripts. It's not like Friends or whatever, where they can just pump out a silly script and do whatever.

diz_girl
03-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Farewell Simone. I got that one wrong - but then again what have I gotten right? I'm sure not much of anything. I don't think that I ever could have seen the shapeshifter chick coming. And Mrs. Petrelli, too. That was a surprise. So she's not some cold socialite after all. I wonder how far in the future the previews showed Claire's altered appearance.

I don't think that Sylar can torture Peter forever because he can heal himself, mainly because Peter is in Sylar's presence again so he has now absorbed all of Sylar's powers to date and still possesses all of the others that he has absorbed. So Peter's more powerful, although he may not be able to use the new powers yet. Or maybe he can? We'll see.

As for Linderman, I love the casting of Malcolm McDowell. It's atypical casting for the kind of character that I thought Linderman was, but having him be a refined Brit was pretty inspired. I still think that Linderman is behind that whole company (with HRG guy ), since he still seems to be everywhere. I haven't been disproved on that one yet. And last night's episode makes me think that is the case, as he knows that Nathan can fly, that Peter is special too, and (I think) he said that there are a lot of others too. How else could he know that?

At least Hiro got his sword.

Until April 23rd...

mamacatnv
03-06-2007, 02:10 PM
HELP - our recording cut off just as Peter walked into the Apt, saw Mohinder on the ceiling and was grabbed by Sylar - What happened after this??????

We will get it online but I am dying to know.

mjaclyn
03-06-2007, 03:04 PM
I am SO hooked on Heroes and I absolutey HATE waiting 6 weeks for the next episode!! Here are my feelings after last night:

1. Poor Mohinder!!! I was really hoping that Sylar would be no more after last night.

2. Poor Peter! I'm thinking he'll turn the tables on Sylar once again and get out of the situation.

3. Poor Claire's father! He's a goner now...

4. What is up with Linderman? He didn't seem scary at all - I wonder what his involvement is??

Can't wait until April!!

LibertyTreeGal
03-06-2007, 04:51 PM
HELP - our recording cut off just as Peter walked into the Apt, saw Mohinder on the ceiling and was grabbed by Sylar - What happened after this??????

We will get it online but I am dying to know.

Just Peter having his head sliced open..... :( Sylar said that he knew that Peter operates the same way as he does and he wants to see how he "works"

DMApixie
03-06-2007, 05:50 PM

From Television Without Pity dot com...

"Peter goes to visit Mohinder and Sylar attacks him, saying that Peter's like him and wouldn't it be cool to find out what makes Peter's brain tick? And that's when Sylar starts to slice Peter's head open…"

Ahhhh!!! Six weeks!!??!! :mad:

DizneyFreak2002
03-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Malcolm McDowell was a great pick for Linderman.... I think this stinks that we have to wait 6 weeks.... But, they leave you in enough suspense that you want to come back.. Heck with Dancing With the Stars.. HEROES is so much better....

LibertyTreeGal
03-06-2007, 07:50 PM
When they were showing the "back of Linderman's head" previews -- I told DH that it would be funny if it ended up being Donald Sutherland, since Heroes and 24 are neck and neck and his son plays Jack Bauer. It sure looked like Donald Sutherland's head to me. :)

But it was good casting. Someone known but not blatantly well known. I thought he gave an awesomely understated performance.

I wonder how Nikki got control of Jessica back -- or if she actually did. Maybe that was all part of the plan by Linderman. Like Jessica said, she does a better Nikki than Nikki does!

jedigrrrl
04-23-2007, 08:05 PM
WOOOOOOOOO!!!! IT'S FINALLY BACK!!! That was the longest 6 weeks ever. I've missed the show so much. This has become my favorite show. I can't wait to see what happens with Peter. And I read that next week's episode takes place in the future which sounds so cool.

chrisb26
04-23-2007, 08:49 PM
I am new to the show but love it. I was over on the NBC site the other day and saw you could watch full episodes of shows. So I watched the first episode of Heroes and kept watching and now I am all caught up on the last 18 episodes. I guess I decided to watch the show just in time for it to come back on. Don't think I could have waited six weeks with out a new episode that is so long. It is about as bad as when Lost went away for a few months. Can't wait to see the show on my TV and not the computer :) .

NotaGeek
04-24-2007, 03:13 AM
Finally! :clappy:

Now I can't wait until next week!

LibertyTreeGal
04-24-2007, 06:30 PM
It was very interesting to find out that the "older generation" tried to save the world before. But I have some questions --

What is Mrs Petrelli's power?????? And her husband must have been one of them to -- did he really kill himself due to depression or was it something else?

Anyway, totally cool battle between Peter and Sylar. I have been watching season three of 24 and he is one of the good guys and I keep wanting to yell, "Jack, kill him, it's Sylar!!!"

And Bennett, Matt and Ted? Talk about the Odd Couple, whoa!

Good episode, but next weeks should be unbelieveably awesome, TV Guide posted some interesting spoilers on it.

chrisb26
04-24-2007, 09:54 PM
I really liked yesterday's episode also. I think it was good. The episode next week looks really good also.

I was really thinking what Sylar did to Peter would be how he gets his scar but I guess it wasn't. When Sylar put the glass in the back of Peter's head I knew that he really wasn't dead because I remembered when Claire was "killed" and came back alive when she had the stick pulled out of her head. So I kinda knew that pulling it out would bring him back.

I think its intesting how before he died Isaac told Sylar that he would die and would be stopped. I liked that and was happy to hear that. Now its just a matter of when it will happen. When I heard this I had a bunch of idea's how this would happen.

What is Mrs Petrelli's power??????
I was wondering this also. I think it is some kind of psychic power. Because something happened last night and she said something along the lines of I knew it would happen long before it happened. So that made me think that she saw it was going to happen. But I really don't know.

ChipnDaleGal
04-25-2007, 05:36 AM
I am pouting too much about poor Isaac's death to want to talk about Heroes this week. :(

LibertyTreeGal
04-25-2007, 07:29 AM
I am not happy about Isaac either, but remember that Hiro's abilities make anyone's life or death a big question mark. After all, we are about to see the future that happens if they fail, and we know they aren't going to fail, right? Right? At least we hope so....

diz_girl
04-30-2007, 10:24 AM
In an interview with SCI FI Wire, Tim Kring, the creator of Heroes, said that the Season 1 storyline will pretty much be resolved by the end of the season. He said that the season finale will be the final episode of Volume 1 of the series and that next season will start Volume 2. There will be a new storyline and new characters and some current characters will die by the end of season 1. He said that it will be more '24' than 'Lost'. Just as long as Hiro, Peter and Clare survive then I'm happy. They seem to be the core of the show.

Anyway, I was actually right about Linderman being the head of that whole 'Agency' thing. At least I was right about something. Next prediction...Maybe Peter doesn't blow up at all. If Nuclear Ted is going to NYC, maybe he's the one that blows up after all.

Farewell Isaac. He and Simone were my least favorite characters. Sorry.

If Peter can heal himself, then how could he get that scar? Discuss.

jedigrrrl
04-30-2007, 10:19 PM
OH MY GOD! I think that was the best episode of any show, ever.

NotaGeek
05-01-2007, 03:10 AM
Holy COW! :clappy:

LibertyTreeGal
05-01-2007, 06:12 AM
THAT was unbelievable! Wow, wow, wow..... how can they ever top it???

I wonder what that little girl's power is? I am thinking that Sylar's mom is probably a hero too and maybe his dad, because he seemed to have such a frustration with not being "special" at the beginning of the season when Mohinder's dad found him. TV Guide says we sill actually start empathising with Sylar before the end of the season, we'll understand what turned him into a monster -- that would take some spectacular writing but I won't rule out anything. I can't believe what the writers have accomplished so far.

The thought of Sylar as President??? Yikes, what a nightmare.

chrisb26
05-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Yesterday's episode was amazing. I really enjoyed every minute of it. I think it was one of the if not the best episode so far this season.

I was shocked when it turned out that Sylar was actually the president.

I can't wait for the episode next week. It looks great.

jedigrrrl
05-01-2007, 07:23 PM
I am thinking that Sylar's mom is probably a hero too and maybe his dad, because he seemed to have such a frustration with not being "special" at the beginning of the season when Mohinder's dad found him.

Syler . . . A SQUIB!! Great Theory!

LibertyTreeGal
05-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Well, I was wrong, they obviously aren't heroes. Ah well.

And what a shock, Sylar (1) has a sense of honor (albiet sick and twisted) and (2) a really weirdly twisted mom. Good grief, what would living with her be like? Her son was so talented at what he did with the watches but it wasn't enough !!

I think I heard that Sulu will be back before the end of the season and I hope he has another sword....

Will Claire have to kill Peter? Will Nathan go through with his mommy's evil plan? Will Jessica and DL find their little guy????

On the plus side, it was nice to see Claire reunited with her daddy. I almost cried.

LibertyTreeGal
05-13-2007, 08:07 PM
Does anyone else think that Mica is in New York in order to massively tamper with the voting machines?

Of course, I have been wrong about everything else so....

mickeysworld
05-14-2007, 11:38 PM
Does anyone else think that Mica is in New York in order to massively tamper with the voting machines?

LibertyTreeGal, you are good!!!

LibertyTreeGal
05-15-2007, 06:37 AM
LibertyTreeGal, you are good!!!

Yeah, but if you will read back to the beginning of the thread, you will see that this is the only time I have ever been right :blush: and I have made lots of plot guesses!

WOW -- Lindermann, Ted, HRG's boss all dead. I hope DL makes it, from the preview at the end, it sure looks like it. It is interesting that DL and Nikki were part of a breeding program, and I have to believe that Nathan and Claire's bmom were too.

Hooray for Nikki! I'm so glad to see her back! Can't wait until next week!!!!!!!!!

diz_girl
05-18-2007, 03:30 PM
I can't believe that there's only one episode left! Any other year, I'd be wondering how I'd survive until fall, but my baby is due in a few weeks, so I'll have plenty to keep me busy. In the meantime, I can just watch the last six episodes of 'Studio 60', which was originally broadcast after Heroes, starting next Thursday.

Farewell Ted. Although, I wouldn't expect there would be much point to his character being around after the end of this season. Also, how else would Sylar get his power.

I wondered what happened to Molly after Parkman found her. I guess HRG doesn't harm her, since they show her, Micah, Nikki and DL huddled somewhere. Since she's an orphan, maybe Nikki and DL (if they survive) will raise her. Nikki and DL work well as a team, maybe they'll be around next season. But now that Nikki is Nikki again, what exactly is her special power now that Nikki's in charge again? Extraordinary strength? I don't know.

I'm not too surprised that Linderman is dead, since he wasn't around five years into the future. Way to go DL! All I have to say about Nathan is what a weenie!

Anyway, I hope that everyone enjoys this coming Monday's episode. I'll certainly be glued to the TV. Then we can all meet here again on Tuesday to discuss what happened.

LibertyTreeGal
05-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Dittos on Lindermann being dead. In "Five Years Gone" they called the rounding up of the heroes something that occurred because of "the Lindermann act." So I was figuring that he was killed off by someone with superpowers and since he was such a prominent figure that his killing would have caused quite the stir.

LibertyTreeGal
05-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Almost on.... I can't hardly wait.

According to TV guide, Heroes is going to run a "spin off" this summer called something like "Heroes: Origins" where we meet new heroes and get to vote on who will join the season 2 cast.... interesting.....

NotaGeek
05-22-2007, 02:04 AM
What a GREAT season finale! So, what's the deal with the roach? Does this mean Sylar isn't dead? WEIRD.

LibertyTreeGal
05-22-2007, 08:17 AM
Not only that -- but is Nathan dead? Or did Nathan take Peter up in the air high enough, then drop him and go supersonic away (I don't see him letting Peter go)? Or was Peter able to do something to protect Nathan? I totally didn't see Nathan being the one to save the world... wow.

And wow, Nikki has the super strength (I wonder if the shapeshifter is dead), and I was glad to see the heroes working together to defeat Sylar. I was glad to see that Sylar didn't go down, as Samuel L Jackson would say, "like a punk." And the roach, interesting..... not even sure what to think about that -- but with Heroes anything can be possible!

Oh and gosh -- someone worse than Sylar? I won't be able to sleep all summer.......

I wonder who Molly is going to end up with? Matt? Mohinder? DL and Nikki?

And I loved what Ando said to Hiro right before he went back, "You look bad ___" -- I don't much like swearing, but that was totally hilarious. I'll watch again on the website to see if I missed anything. Glad to see Claire and her family back together again :D -- maybe we'll get to see her friend again -- Zack? Can't remember his name. Matt will be able to go back to his wife, too.

mickeysworld
05-23-2007, 01:17 PM
So, just some questions for you guys,

Why didn't Sylar stop Hiro from stabbing him? Why did he just stand there and take it? He had time as Hiro was running towards him.

Claire and Noah didn't seem too concerned about the whereabouts of Sylar so I at first assumed he was dead and had been carted off to the morgue but then after watching again, the trail of blood where he was lying leads to the open man-hole cover and subsequent roach. Does this mean Sylar escaped down the manhole?

I know Peter can regenerate but if explodes into smithereens, I'm assuming his brain will too and won't he be dead, really dead?

I wasn't expecting Nathan at all either! I agree and think he probably flew Peter up and then he flew away. And how creepy for Molly that the guy worse than Sylar can see her when she thinks of him! YIKES!

Donald Duck
05-23-2007, 02:27 PM
I thought it was a weak finale. The final battle scene started 50 minutes into the hour. Hiro stabbed him too easily and there was hardly any fighting between Peter and Sylar.

I think Nathan and Peter are both alive, as well as Sylar. He went down the manhole cover, perhaps someone helped him ?

As far as the more powerful villian than Sylar, I think it's the guy in the wheelchair that Peter took care of (Simone's father). Think about it. Molly said he can see her when she thinks of him and in the scene where Peter is watching himself, Simone and Simone's father, Simone's father can see the future Peter and starts talking to him.

LibertyTreeGal
05-24-2007, 08:30 AM
I know Peter can regenerate but if explodes into smithereens, I'm assuming his brain will too and won't he be dead, really dead?

Oh, hmmm.... well, my take on it wasn't that he exploded, but maybe he would. I always assumed that he himself wouldn't explode, because he just seems to become a huge lump of energy (remember how his hands just seem to become pure energy?)

Now, that being said, if Nathan let him go and he explodes and then immediately returns to a corporal state, will he just fly like Nathan or does he fall and become a grease spot on the road?? I am even wondering if Nathan would be able to survive because, well, remember how Ted was setting things on fire long before he was in danger of exploding?

And I don't know if Sylar went down into the sewer, but I am totally icked out thinking about some cockroach having Sylar's powers ;) But hey, now, that's got me thinking -- maybe the power within Sylar was that of a parasite, feeding off of others, in that case I could definitely envision an actual parasite living within him, driving him. After all, he has no desire to kill just to kill, he only wants to kill heroes. Perhaps the parasite needs to feed on powers in order to survive?

Of course, in reading these things, know that I am like 1 in 20 on being right on things this season (meaning only 1 thing right ! sheesh!). So take it for what it's worth, which is probably nothing!