PDA

View Full Version : iPhone

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
01-19-2007, 02:16 AM
I have had the same old phone now for ages, and I told myself a long time ago that I would keep this one until it dies. Thinking that at that time the technology would be much better so I could get a much cooler phone.

It seems my patience has paid off. (Almost -- Still have to wait until my birthday)

I can't wait to get my hands on one of these. Wish they were available now! I don't care about glitches. Let me be a tester.

Plus with the great technological advancements on this phone from traditional iPods, one could expect many of the improvements to be coming in the next generation of the iPod right? Certainly hope so.

NotaGeek
01-19-2007, 02:36 AM
I agree! I just don't want to have to change to Altell to get the cool new iPhone. Come on T-Mobile, get them quick!

BelleCiavo
01-19-2007, 06:21 AM
I'm saving my :twocents: for an iPhone. Can't wait :clappy:

DizneyRox
01-19-2007, 06:47 AM
At $400-$500 I just do see an advantage...

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
01-19-2007, 01:55 PM
I agree! I just don't want to have to change to Altell to get the cool new iPhone. Come on T-Mobile, get them quick!
Going to be a Cingular exclusive at first. I'm guessing six months. Probably by Christmas they will have them for other carriers.
:balloon:

2Epcot
01-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Going to be a Cingular exclusive at first. I'm guessing six months. Probably by Christmas they will have them for other carriers.

I like the phones too, but don't want to change carriers. I've had Sprint for seven years, and have no interest in trying someone else ... my service is great.

Marker
01-19-2007, 02:45 PM
I don't know..... for $50 I have a phone that is also and MP3 player, that has a built in FM-transmitter to play over the car radio. It uses a Micro-SD card so it's very easy to upgrade capacity (I put in a 1GB card that holds a few hundred songs). I can copy music straight from my computer onto the memory card or I can download from a large catalogue of songs over the fasted wireless network available.

Naturally, it's a Sprint phone. :blush:

NotaGeek
01-25-2007, 11:43 PM

Well, as long as you have thrown out the Christmas rat, go ahead and put it on my list Monkey!

:santa3:

CanadianWDWFan
01-26-2007, 08:25 AM
LG already has a phone like the iPhone out on the market. In fact there are a lot of questions being thrown out there about how Apple's phone is almost identical to LG's.

You might want to see if your carrier has the LG phone and then you won't have to wait for the iPhone

The Bookseller
01-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Maybe I will break the party here but I don't think that I want the new IPhone. As shiny as he might be, he dint fit what I am looking for in a cellphone.

In the last 9 years, I went trought four cell phones. I just received my fifth cell and I don't know how long he will last. Those little things just can't take any punishment. My "Dream Phone" is a cell that you can use to hammer a 2" nail into a piece of wood and that got a battery that need only a once-a-week recharge.

So, no, the IPhone is not for me.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
06-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Ok. It is only days away from release.

Who else wants one?

Clotho
06-26-2007, 08:25 PM
I want one but will wait. Cingular has its talons in it for 2 years, and I am NOT willing to go to Cingular. Bad coverage here and I have heard customer service horror stories. I have been with Tmobile since they were Voicestream, and I love them. I won't go even for iPhone, as much as I adore it.

I figure in two years, when more carriers can have it, they will have worked out initial bugs and added some great features. So I will wait!

conorsmom2000
06-26-2007, 09:10 PM
LG already has a phone like the iPhone out on the market.

Brian, do you know what model LG it is? I'd be curious to look at it....though, I'm a Cingular customer so they may not have it.

Those little things just can't take any punishment. My "Dream Phone" is a cell that you can use to hammer a 2" nail into a piece of wood

My husband works in construction (he's an electrician) and he would love that same phone!! He needs something that can take a beating! :D

My brother works for Cingular (now the new AT&T :D) and I asked him today if his office is going nuts with the iPhone release coming. He said it was - and though he's not in sales, they all have to gear up for this. I haven't made up my mind if I want this yet - it's definitely the type I'd love, but I think I'd rather wait a bit. I would like to see one though! :D