PDA

View Full Version : our january journey - Day 6, Downtown Disney, Animal Kingdom and Epcot

EvilQueen2006
01-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Our January Journey Trip Report

Cast of Characters:

Me- Heidi, Disney Planner
DGF- Lauren, my wonderful girlfriend. Going along to humor me even though she hates noise, screaming children, crowds and rides. (My mission was to convert her to a disney nut like me)
DD- Alissa- Our 10 year-old daughter.
DM- Shirley, my mom. Along to spend some quality time with DD.

Day 6 (Wednesday Jan. 10, 2007)

Today we slept in until about 8:30, had some bagels in the food court, then went to Downtown Disney for some shopping. It was another cold day, so I wore pants and a long sleeve shirt. After our fill of shopping we went to Wolfgang Puck Café for lunch. This was one of my favorite places to eat .Lauren and I had the barbeque chicken quesadilla, Alissa had the spinach and artichoke dip, and my mom had the crab cakes. All were very good and very big. They could have been entrees. For entrees I had the seared tuna club, Lauren had the spicy penne pasta , alissa had a pepperoni pizza which she didn’t like because it had a lot of other vegetables and pesto on it, so her and Lauren traded. meals, and my mom had prime rib on texas toast. We were all stuffed after the meals, but we couldn’t leave without dessert. Lauren and my mom had the chhesecake, I tried some and it was phenomenal, I had the key lime pie, also wonderful and alissa had the vanilla creme brulee. We rolled ourselves out of the restaurant and to the bustops. We took a detour back to the hotel to get another layer of clothing, and then went to Animal Kingdom. By the time we got there, the weather had warmed up again and we didn’t need the extra clothes. We rode Dinosaur again, then got in line for Nemo. It was cute, but I don’t think it would be a priority to see every trip. We hit the dinoland attractions again then walked through Asia and tried to get some fastpasses for Everest, but the machines were covered up. Then, after getting stuck on the wrong side of the parade, saw It’s tough to be a bug. After the show we were hungry again for dinner, so we went back to Tusker house. I tried the chicken ceaser salad, which wasn't nearly as good as the salmon I had there before. I also tried the chocolate cake instead of the carrot. I think the carrot was better. Everyone else had the same thing they had before. After dinner it was time to get our wristbands for EMH. We went back to Everest and rode it a couple times, then decided, we had done everything we wanted to do there. We headed over to Epcot, cause it was the park that was open the latest. We rode mission space. This time my mom braved the orange team with me, when Lauren and Alissa got a report from her (they don’t believe me) that it wasn’t too bad they joined us for another 2 rides on orange. We decided to go do test track. We like to go on as parties of 2, so one doesn’t get stuck by themselves, so Lauren and I got into a separate car from Alissa. Right after we did the outside loop, the ride stopped. My mom and Alissa were a few cars back. We waited about 10 minutes and finally started up again. We were planning on doing Mission Space again, but We weren’t feeling so great after doing it so many times in a row, so we headed back to the hotel.

Next Up. . . .Magic Kingdom

disneydrmr
01-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Glad it warmed up for you. Sounds like a fun day! Thanks for reporting.

ChipnDaleGal
01-19-2007, 12:55 PM
You are making me hungry with your food reporting! I have heard such good things about Wolfgang Pucks. I really need to check that out. Thank you for another entertaining report. :mickey:

pdrlkr
01-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

HndrdPrcnt
01-21-2007, 04:56 PM
sounds like another fun day. :mickey: :thumbsup:

amorillo
01-22-2007, 03:25 PM
We rolled ourselves out of the restaurant

....Definately one of my favorite things to do at WDW! :D

KylesMom
01-22-2007, 04:33 PM
(they don’t believe me) Don't I remember somewhere around Day 1 and a Tower of Terror episode? :D I wouldn't believe you either! :mickey:

We've never done Team Orange, I must admit both DH and I are concerned that we might just embarrass ourselves in front of our son - so we stick with Team Green :blush:

Another wonderful report, Heidi! :mickey:

faline
02-01-2007, 05:43 AM
I like the orange side of Mission:Space as well but don't think I could tackle it more than once on any given day!

Wolfgang Puck's sounds yummy!

mrsgaribaldi
04-03-2007, 01:55 AM
Thanks for sharing another great day:thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
04-03-2007, 08:12 PM
thanks for sharing.

crazypoohbear
04-04-2007, 06:46 PM
thanks for sharing another great day with us. Last year my DS had the creme brulee at WGP and loved it also.