PDA

View Full Version : our january journey day 5- Epcot

EvilQueen2006
01-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Our January Journey Trip Report

Cast of Characters:

Me- Heidi, Disney Planner
DGF- Lauren, my wonderful girlfriend. Going along to humor me even though she hates noise, screaming children, crowds and rides. (My mission was to convert her to a disney nut like me)
DD- Alissa- Our 10 year-old daughter.
DM- Shirley, my mom. Along to spend some quality time with DD.

Day 5 (Tuesday Jan. 9, 2007)

Another early day for us, up at 6:00 to be at Epcot for EMH this morning. It was a very chili morning, but we were expecting it to warm up so we dressed in shorts as we had been, It never really warmed up that day, so we were pretty chili all day.We skipped breakfast in the food court with the plan of eating at the Fountainview Bakery and getting some esspresso, but we found a sign stating it was closed.. Our first stop was Soarin’. This was a fun ride. We all enjoyed it, but I think I was expecting a little more after hearing all the hype. It seemed very short. We liked it well enough to pick up some fastpasses for later before heading to the other side of future world. We got in line for Test Track, and soon we were hearing the “technical difficulties” announcement again. So we booked it over to Mission Space before everyone else left the line to do the same. I rode Orange team and Lauren, Alissa and my mom rode green. I absolutely love Mission Space. This and RNRC are my two favorites, and with RNRC down for reburbishment, I was definately wanting to do it again. But the others found the green team to be boring, and they weren’t ready to do orange yet, so we went back to Test Track.. Still having technical difficulty, so we headed back to the Land, used our Soarin’ Fastpasses, picked up a few more, then got some breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. I usually love this place for lunch, but I found breakfast to be a waste of a counter service meal. For one thing, the air-conditioning was on so cold, that our eggs were instantly cold. We sat and shivered our way through breakfast, then took a tour of the greenhouses on Living with the Land, hoping they would be warm. After that we used our second set of fastpasses on Soarin and headed over to ride into our Imaginations. I don’t remember this ride being so lame. Has it changed again since 2003, when I rode it last? We played in the labs for a little while, then made our way over to the new Nemo ride. It was really cute, but does it seem like there isn’t much aquarium left to look at at the end? I remember being able to walk around and look at more. We skipped over Turtle Talk, because the line was very long, and I think Alissa would have been a little too old to enjoy it. We checked Test Track again, it was running, but had a long line, so we got fastpasses and decided to go see Ellen next. While we were waiting for the doors to open after the preshow, someone on an a scooter almost ran Alissa down. He wasn’t looking where he was going, and with all the people around there was no where for Alissa to move to get out of the way. Lauren had to actually put her hands out and stop the scooter physically. The guy didn’t even apologize, just gave her a nasty look. The show was great. Ellen cracks me up every time. It definitely doesn’t feel like a 40 min ride/show. After Ellen, we finally got to ride Test Track. Then we started our way around the World Showcase in the opposite direction of the last day we were ere. We looked around in Mexico, thought about a Margarita, but it was just too cold to be drinking frozen drinks, so instead we went to Norway and warmed up with some Viking Coffee and schoolbread. Mmmmm. . . both were delicious and really hit the spot. We looked around China, watched the acrobats. They are really amazing. Looked through the shops in Germany, then skipped over to America to catch the next showing of The American Adventure. By the time it was over we had to rush back around to make our 5:00pm ADR at Coral Reef. We were seated promplty on the first level, not right up against the glass, but a wonderful view. I had the Lobster Bisque for an appetizer, which was really good. I also tried Lauren’s fish chowder, wasn’t a fan of the smoky flavor, but she enjoyed it. Alissa had a kid’s meal here, pizza, apple slices and carrot and celery sticks. She was still just about finished and still hungry by the time our entrees arrived, so she helped us with ours. I had the Vegetable Strudel. . very, very good. Lauren had roasted chicken. . . kind of blah, and my mom had a steak of some sort. Funny that none of us ordered seafood, we felt kind of guilty watching the fish in the tank. For dessert Lauren and I both got the chocolate wave and Alissa and my mom shared the pineapple upside down cake. I expected more from the chocolate wave. It was good, but from all the talk about how good it is, I thought it would be more spectacular. I did eat every last bite though. The service was wonderful here, the waiter was courteous and knowledgeable. I don’t think I would pay the prices for the food if I didn’t have the dining plan, but I would go back again on the plan. After dinner Alissa and my mom headed back to the hotel. Alissa was starting to fall apart, and needed to go to bed early tonight. Lauren and I went to Downtown Disney for an hour or so, then decided we should call it an early night too.

Up next . . . . Downtown Disney, Animal Kingdom and more Epcot.

disneydrmr
01-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Another fun and busy day. I'm with you - I'd be feeling too guilty to eat fish at the Reef while they swam by me also! Thanks for telling us about your day!

ChipnDaleGal
01-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Sounds like a really great day at Epcot. Maybe a little too cool, but lots of fun. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

pdrlkr
01-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

HndrdPrcnt
01-21-2007, 04:52 PM
No guilt here....bring on the Mahi Mahi!!!

mickeyd
01-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the report!

amorillo
01-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Sounds like another great day! Thanks for sharing!

KylesMom
01-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Alissa was starting to fall apart, and needed to go to bed early tonight. With the schedule you've been keeping, I bet early to bed is just what she needed. It amazes me how much you guys have been able to do! :mickey:

MN MINNIE
01-22-2007, 06:47 PM
food court by the "Living with the Land ride" we went on the ride after breakfast and got our Dream Mickey ears there, and then my family went to Soarin ride and did that, thats where i chickened out, it s the height thing, but we only did part of Future World then we headed over to World Showcase which was too early when we were going around for the entertainment to be out. We started at canada and went around counter clockwise, DD of 15 complained that she was tired and hungry, we ate at Liberty Inn, then kept going around, and she was still complaining, they stopped and got Snow Whites autograph then Donald Duck in Mexico, and as they were doing that, I went over to Margarita shack and got a Fiesta margarita, that hit the spot, it was so good! Calmed my nerves after daughter complaining so much, then we took in other rides at Future World and called it a day after a monorail ride.It was cool that day but to us it felt good!

Cindy'smom
01-22-2007, 10:18 PM
OK, how weird is this? I think we were in line behind you for awhile in test track. Do you have an "evil queen" pin on your backpack? Don't ask me why I remember that. It was cool that day, wasn't it? I wore my Intercot T-shirt one day and didn't get any comments or knowing looks. Perhaps if I'd worn it this day we would have spoke! Enjoying your trip reports.

EvilQueen2006
01-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Yes, I do have an Evil Queen pin on my backpack. That's so weird!!

faline
02-01-2007, 12:26 PM
What a coincidence that you were both in the same line at the same time!

Certainly, another very busy day!

Kelly
02-01-2007, 01:05 PM
RNRC is down for refurb? I didn't hear that - I checked the schedule, is it on there and I'm missing it? Or was it down before and now up so off the schedule?

Just need to be sure that I adjust expectations before the trip!

mrsgaribaldi
04-03-2007, 01:46 AM
That is to weird about the Evil Queen pin. You guys sure get up early and do it alot:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing:mickey:

Bethis26fan
04-03-2007, 08:08 PM
sounds like a great day.

crazypoohbear
04-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Sounds like a great day even with the missteps with TT and the cool weather. Being from Maine you really didn't miss much not ordering the fish at Coral reef. It was okay, nothing worth paying out of pocket for, at least that's my opinion. The food at the Bob's clam hut was better!