PDA

View Full Version : New "selling our house" thread for 2007!

Dsnygirl
01-18-2007, 05:31 AM
This thread is for all of us crazy people trying to sell our house these days.... :crazy: I am the only lone "survivor" of the last thread (unfortunately!! :( ), so I thought I would start a new one to keep the pixie dust coming for any of us "on the market"!!

Brief recap - we listed our house in October, went through crazy negotiating with a family in December and ultimately let their offer go, as it was just too low. We had quite a few showings over the holidays, but it's been quiet since New Year's. We're pulling it off the market for a week or 10 days on Monday to refresh the listing and pictures, as well as to add the much needed fireplace... (we have a chimney chase and gas line in place, just never put the actual f'place in - point of much discussion b/w my DH and I re: whether or not we should put it in to sell the house... I firmly believe our house needs a f'place to sell at our price point and in our neighborhood - he has held out that it doesn't, but is conceding now that maybe we should... he works for a homebuilder, so it's not a heavy cost to put it in) So - hopefully the f'place will be the magic charm, and we'll be "house free" in a few months... ;)

Anyway - anyone in the same boat, or with advice, or who just has extra pixie dust to send our way - feel free to join in!! The more, the merrier!! :D

Nana
01-18-2007, 07:54 AM
I am another one who will be selling our home in 2007. For us, it is good and bad news. We are being relocated. The good news is that if we can sell our home in 60 days, we get a 2% bonus from the company and if we can not sell our home in 60 days, the company will buy it. The bad news is that we have lived here all of our life (not in the same home) but in the Atlanta area and are moving to a new state. It is exciting but sad to be leaving all of our friends.

CanadianWDWFan
01-18-2007, 08:01 AM
:pixie: :pixie: to you Blythe and Nana! Being part of the Original 2006 thread I understand what you guys are going through.

Blythe, it sure is amazing what one thing can do. We ripped out the old living room carpet and put the new one in. The offer came in within 2 days of us reopening the listing. Keep your spirits up! You will be house free soon enough.

Caroleh
01-18-2007, 08:37 AM
:pixie: :pixie: to both of you that you get your homes sold. I hoping I can be a buyer this year.

RedSoxFan
01-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Blythe and Nana -- good luck to both of you in 2007 with selling your house. I hope the fireplace works for you Blythe -- esp with the cold weather/snow we've been having. Moving to a new state is fun. We're originally from Mass and moved to VA 6.5 years ago and moved to NY in August.

luvdash
01-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Unfortunately I am also in the same boat! It's been about 6 months for us. We've had three showings in the last month and a half - all positive feedback, but no bites! We are moving to get in a better school district for our first grader. It's been rough because we are renting a place just to get her in the district so she doesn't have to switch in the middle of the year, but we are still living in our house!! So, we have to drive her to school everyday and we can't really invite her little friends over. :( Here's some :pixie: for all of us!!!

Mickey'sGirl
01-18-2007, 08:44 AM
I just wanted to wish both Blythe and Nana good luck! :pixie:

tink55
01-18-2007, 08:59 AM
We're trying to sell two houses. The bigger house went on the market in June 2006, right before the housing market took a dive. We thought it would sell that summer and now we're hoping for this summer! The smaller house went on the market in November 2006. We may have a contract signed on the smaller house today, but only after counter-counter-counter offers. It's crazy.

My feeling is that now that 2007 is here, and the holidays are over, that lookers are turning into buyers. So hang in there, everyone.

bucky at disney
01-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Add us to the list!!

We listed our house the day before we left on our DW vacation in November. So far we have had 2 showings.....

Last week it was requested we lower our asking price - which we did. Now to just sit and wait....

We are buying a different (bigger) house in the same town we live in now - and will be able to move into that one in June or July.

murphy1
01-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Nana, I am so sad you are leaving! I have enjoyed getting to know you and you have shown me how true faith works in life!

I hope we are FINALLY moving this year! We have been in our house for ten years. About five year mark is when we wanted to move, but dh got laid off so here we are still. We have three kids and I would love to get a basement. I go back and forth between wanting to stay in Georgia and wanting to go back to Florida for good. I would have a great job with Disney or go on with my plan to become an RN. I pray about it, so we'll see how it all goes.

I have a question, do you think you need to replace carpet? I keep getting different answers, but would be happy to give some an allowance on the price.

prprincess
01-18-2007, 11:20 AM
I was part of the 2006 thread, and boy, did we all have some stories to share. Luckily, we sold our house in December 2006, and then just settled on our new on this past Tuesday, so we'll be moving in on Saturday.

Anyway, I just wanted to wish you all the best of luck!

sorcerersusi
01-19-2007, 01:19 PM
We are in Denver Colorado currently and built a big, brand new beautiful luxury home two years ago. We MUST sell it now due to continuing health issues. We plan a move to the Orlando area for the moisture (humidity) for my sinuses (3 surgeries in 4 yrs so far due to the dry climate and arthritis in my back and hubby's many health issues :doctor: ...ANYHOO......we must sell the beast. It has not been shown yet because we are just finishing the staging process. What a nightmare! We may end up having to move into a small apt or home just to show the place. It is a 6000 sq ft home with a breathtalking view of the Rockies from our deck and has a swimming pool, giant 10 person hot tub, a pool house, elevator etc...etc...It is an entertainers dream home :party: and a very specific market. It IS expensive 1.7 mil :jaw: so we need to find the right buyer. We HAVE to move. I cannot stay here much longer with my health. We may HAVE to start building our new home in Florida anyway and keep this place on the market til it sells. I hope we can get what we put into it. Not a great market and from the reports I am hearing, 2007 is supposed to be a down market still for sellers. It is not supposed to turn until 2008. Auuugggghhhhh! I cannot take much more snow and cold and DRY air. I just had a steroid shot for my back :sob: and am supposed to get a cat scan to see if I need yet ANOTHER (4th) surgery on my sinuses!!!! ACK! :ill: Please say a prayer to St Joseph, he is the patron saint of home and they even sell these little kits with a tiny St. Joseph statue and prayer that is supposed to help you sell your home. You can find them online. Just google St. Joseph home selling kit and it should come up. A neighbor of ours swears by it, said she sold 2 homes with the kit. Anyway PIXIE DUST :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: to everyone trying to sell and move, send some looooove this way too...Thanks
sues

Dsnygirl
01-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Welcome everyone!! Thanks for all the :pixie: and encouraging thoughts - I am remaining positive that 2007 will be our year - more specifically, February!! :D We had a showing today, we have another on Sunday after our Open House. We'd love to see something come through before we go through the hassle of the f'place and re-listing it, but we'll see...

So many of you have mentioned having your home "staged" - what is that?? We've been told that our home shows beautifully, so I don't know that we'll need it - but hey, I'm willing to look into anything - is it something specific we could do ourselves?? We've done all the 'advised' stuff... cleared clutter, opened up spaces, changed lighting, made the house seem as open and cheerful as possible... we even did the St. Joseph statue/prayer. But, most houses in our neighborhood seem to take a few months anyway, as there is so much building going on around us, and our house is only 5 yrs old. So - we're keeping our :fingers: .

Good luck and :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: to everyone out there!!! :thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
01-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Blythe: There were some things that we did (before we actually moved and the house was vacant) and that was put all pictures away, took down some curtains to make the rooms brighter and put a LOT of my daughter's toys in storage. But she was 9 1/2 at the time so it wasn't a lot, but she had to part with most of her Bratz collection. We also packed what was not needed in the closets to make them look bigger. Hope this helps.

CanadianWDWFan
01-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Blythe, we were told that our house showed well as well. It was in the marked for 8 weeks and nothing. We had the home staged and within a week it had sold. What our stager had us do was the same things that Tracey said. We had to put away all of our family picures. We had 8 or nine boxes of them! All the kids toys were put away, with a 2 YO it sure was hard on him. All drapes and curtains were removed to help make the rooms look brighter. Large mirrors were hung to help rooms look bigger. It was a hassle but it was worth it. It seems like that folks who are looking for homes want to see a house not a home.

Good luck and :pixie: !

pink
01-21-2007, 06:33 PM
We are in Denver Colorado currently and built a big, brand new beautiful luxury home two years ago.

We used to live in Colorado and we also had a home made for us and then we had to sell it short after. We couldn't find a buyer for awhile simply because of the price, but eventually some people from Texas bought it. A buyer will come soon! Good Luck in Florida.. I bet you're happy to get out of all of that snow! :)

For everyone else, my mom is a real estate agent and I've heard her talking about how the market has been slow lately; but recently the market has started picking up the pace after the holidays ended. Just keeping crossing your fingers and keep all of your options open! Good luck everybody!

:mickey:

Dsnygirl
01-21-2007, 09:06 PM
:sad: Okay, all of the family pictures are put away... that was the one thing we resisted (in fact, my DH just walked past a pile of pictures and said, "It just looks too bare...") I agree with him - I'm trying to re-arrange what's still out to fill the spaces - I refuse to unearth things that are already in boxes! ;)

Thanks for all the advice and tips... hopefully things will continue to look up - our market is definitely busier than it was before, so hopefully that will work in our favor!

Good luck to everybody this week!! :crazy:

sorcerersusi
01-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Staging is done by a "professional decorator or stager". They come in, organize, decorate and basically make your house look generically great. No personality, pretty bare, what I like to call generic elegance. I fired our stager, she overstepped her boundaries too often and so I am finishing up the last of the staging. I could NOT have done it by myself, with my back problems and hubby does not have an eye for decorating, he is a pack rat and i am having trouble getting him to cooperate with putting stuff away. We may end up moving into a small apt and selling it empty, OR going to Florida and start building our new home and live in an apt down there while this house is on the market. I just want the thing to sell. We need to get out of the cold and dry weather SOON!!!! I can just imagine that warm Florida humidity and the lure of WDW just a few miles away....WAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! I wanna go now....
Pixie Dust :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for everyone and here's to a lucrative selling season!
sues

magicofdisney
01-25-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm from the original thread. We put our house on the market about 2 weeks before Christmas. We didn't hire a professional stager, but I did a lot of research and knew what should and shouldn't stay. Like a previous poster stated, you sell a house, you buy a home. So make your house look like a home for buyers (especially getting rid of personal photos). Although we stored a ton of toys, we have 4 children ranging from 1-8, so I HAD to keep some toys around.

Our home has shown several times. We're always told is shows well. We had one family look at it 3 times but they never bit. I HATE selling a home. It's just so stressfull. Good luck to all.

Genna

Dsnygirl
02-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Well, our listing "expired" today, so we're re-listing with new pictures, and a little lower price... we got a TON of phone calls this morning from realtors wanting to list our house... just wish one of them would SELL it!! :D (We have it listed with my DH's company, as he works for a home builder, so we don't need a new agent, thank goodness.) So - here's to hoping the new price and updated pics will help... and :pixie: :pixie: to everyone else out there, too!!

CanadianWDWFan
02-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Hey Blythe,

Canadian :pixie: :pixie: coming your way! I hope it doesn't come in the form of lake effect snow!:D

It is funny how the agents now all want to list your house. We found that besides listing our place our agent really didn't try to sell our house.

I hope everything goes your way and you sell your house ASAP!!! Good Luck!:fingers:

Lizzy
02-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Oh I am joining the ranks of trying to sell! My house isn't officially on the market yet. My sister was going to buy it so back when I had the money and the time to do the repairs it needed she was like- no I want to do it my way when I move in, so don't bother.

Come to find out her future in laws were co-signing for her fiance to buy it, and they didn't like the house so they sent a "friend" inspector over and he noted stupid stuff like "vegitation to close to the house" and "unable to check due to furniture in the way"

Not all houses for sale are brand new, some people still live in them and have furniture there. So they backed out and I am left with a house that I am paying for and not living in. So I moved all my stuff to storage (I am living in my new husband's house) and the reconstruction began! We have been painting, pulling up carpet, changing light switches etc for what seems like forever. I was hoping to have it all done by the new year but I had a miscarriage and construction came to a halt.

I don't care if I make any money off of it, I just want to sell it, not owe any money at closing and get the closing costs paid. I will be glad to have that anchor off from around my neck. So I called the We Buy Ugly Houses people. Unfortunatly. The way the market has gone, they have to many in my area right now and aren't interested.

So, cosmetic construction continues, and then my house will get listed! I hope that it sells promptly, considering I am pricing it below market value!

offwego
02-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Oh I am joining the ranks of trying to sell! My house isn't officially on the market yet. My sister was going to buy it so back when I had the money and the time to do the repairs it needed she was like- no I want to do it my way when I move in, so don't bother.

Come to find out her future in laws were co-signing for her fiance to buy it, and they didn't like the house so they sent a "friend" inspector over and he noted stupid stuff like "vegitation to close to the house" and "unable to check due to furniture in the way"

Not all houses for sale are brand new, some people still live in them and have furniture there. So they backed out and I am left with a house that I am paying for and not living in. So I moved all my stuff to storage (I am living in my new husband's house) and the reconstruction began! We have been painting, pulling up carpet, changing light switches etc for what seems like forever. I was hoping to have it all done by the new year but I had a miscarriage and construction came to a halt.

I don't care if I make any money off of it, I just want to sell it, not owe any money at closing and get the closing costs paid. I will be glad to have that anchor off from around my neck. So I called the We Buy Ugly Houses people. Unfortunatly. The way the market has gone, they have to many in my area right now and aren't interested.

So, cosmetic construction continues, and then my house will get listed! I hope that it sells promptly, considering I am pricing it below market value!
Your sister did all that? Family is soo much fun!

I hope it works out for your Lizzie you sure have had a tough time recently you deserve some luck headed your way.

sleepingbooty
02-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Add me to the list. We aren't selling our personal residence, but a tiny little house that we bought and rehabbed, intending to keep it as our first rental property. We may still do that, if it doesn't sell by June or so. But I think we rehabbed it a little too nice for the neighborhood. Two weeks and no showings yet. I'm a real estate agent so I know what that means: its priced too high. But I'm reluctant to drop the price yet. It has been bitter cold here the last two weeks and people aren't out doing anything (much less looking at homes) unless they absolutely have to. Plus, its a very marginal neighborhood (okay, that's a nice way of putting it), so even in good economic times homes are not flying off the shelves there. But, we'll see what happens, its a learning experience. Best of luck to those of you selling, they say it ranks right up there with death of a spouse on the stress meter, so I'll send all the pixie dust I can your way! :pixie:

Dsnygirl
02-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Okay everybody, cross your fingers :fingers: :fingers: and send the pixie dust our way... we have 3 showings this weekend, and one family that had to re-schedule for next week, but "wants to be called earlier if there are any offers on the table so they can see the house"!! :cool: There is a TON of snow around here, and more to come, but it actually looks very pretty and hopefully makes the house warm and cozy inside... so here's to hoping that this weekend brings us some good news!! :D

pogo
02-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Good luck Blythe. We're all praying for you !:pixie: :pixie:

By the way....... does the new place have a guest room ? :D

wdw_bound
02-10-2007, 02:38 PM
We have been talking about selling for about 2 years now, and this is the year we are going to stop talking and start doing. We live in a standard 3 bdr 2 ba ranch, and need more space.

DH is outside right now removing the screening from our back porch. When he gets done with that, we are going to get everything off the porch to pressure wash and repaint.

We've got some other fix it work to do and also need to declutter. Has anyone had experience with PODS? I was thinking about renting one to store all this stuff. We are also hiring a cleaning service to come in every other week (I'm thinking on Fridays) so that we have minimal cleaning to do to get it ready for viewing each week.

Our goal is to be on the market by the end of March. We're not even going to start looking until we've had some nibbles on ours - I don't want to fall in love with a house only to lose it because ours hasn't sold yet.

Sharing the :tink:

WDWFanatic
02-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Has anyone had any luck yet?
:fingers:

princessgirls
02-27-2007, 06:05 PM
We are in the house sale boat. I HATE IT!!! We want to move to a better town that offers more for my kids. School isn't an issue, as I have my kids in private christian school and don't plan on moving them out.

That being said, it's hard to have your house looking great, It's on for a good price. I'm looking at houses that are considerably more money and my house offers more... it's just our town does not offer a whole lot. UGHHHH..

Hopefully something will happen soon. We have another open house scheduled for the 18th

Good Luck to everyone trying to sell.
Julie:mickey:

tink55
02-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Has anyone had any luck yet?
:fingers:

Yes, I closed on my house 2/22. A lot of other houses in the neighborhood are just sitting there because they are priced like they were last year - too high! I sold for a reasonable price that amounted to a 5% yearly increase over what we paid 20 years ago.

Lizzy
03-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Well, we are keeping our fingers crossed! The people who I bought the house from came and looked at the house the other day (while it is still under construction) and said they are very interested. I hope it sells by April 1! The house officially goes on the market on monday

magicofdisney
03-13-2007, 10:47 PM
We finally sold (after 2mos on the market) the night before our scheduled 3rd open house. I wish our agent had done more for us and we had been a little more savvy. But overall I'm glad to be done with it. At least one good thing that came from this sale is we can stay in our current home 3 additional mos. We close on this home May 4 and move into our new home May 9th. DH is sending the kids and I to Disney from the 4th to the 9th and he'll stay with his mom locally. This way we'll only have to get one room. The sacrifices I make for this family....:drama: How great is that coming off a Disney vacation straight into a new home?

Dsnygirl
03-14-2007, 05:04 AM
:D :D We think we may have actually done it - we got a verbal offer today for our house, we countered and they accepted it - so hopefully, tomorrow will bring the paperwork and we'll know our closing date, etc.!!!

It's been a LONG haul - even this wknd was crazy... the couple who is buying our house saw it Saturday - while at the same time, we were waiting to hear about an offer from folks who we dealt with in December. LONG story with them... anyway - the December people put an offer in on Sunday, but it was WAY low again (same thing in December, only this time they disguised it by offering a higher price, but asking for $7K back to pay for their closing costs... oh, and the fridge and washer, dryer, too, please... :confused: ) So, when we heard that the folks that looked at our house on Sat. really like it, we let them know about the offer that had come in and waited... and sure enough, they came back and offered!! So - the crazies that we dealt with in December may not have been helpful as buyers, but at least their offer propelled REAL buyers to move quickly! Yeah! :) The only small issue is getting the offer on paper and finalized... the husband works for a train company that had a 26 car de-railment/explosion/fire in a nearby county, so he has been out there 24/7 working on the clean-up. So when his wife heard we had an offer and knew they wanted the house, she of course panicked b/c she couldn't reach her husband to do anything! But, once we heard the situation, we made sure her realtor told her we understood and wouldn't push - now we just have to wait for her husband to get home so they can meet w/ their realtor - hopefully tomorrow.

So!! After all this time and worry, we're thrilled - although I have to admit, I'm a little sad now to know we're really leaving our house - I'm sure that'll pass as we look forward to all the positive changes this move will bring us, and I suppose it's a natural part of the whole process - I'm just a little surprised at the sadness! :( I've been praying and hoping SO hard for this to happen!

Anyway - thanks for all the pixie dust and thoughts - congrats to Tink and Magic on their sales... maybe the magic of spring is starting to work!! Good luck and lots of :pixie: :pixie: to everyone!!

RedSoxFan
03-14-2007, 07:13 AM
Blythe -- Congrats on the impending sale of your house. I understand the sadness; I was sad when mine VA house sold. But I so can't wait to move into our dream house in May (still under construction). Have you found a new house yet? As for the train derailment, could you see that from where you live? Couldn't see it here in Lansing.

CanadianWDWFan
03-14-2007, 08:21 AM
:fworks: Congratulations Blythe! :fworks: I know that this has been a long road for you, but now there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Just think that all the crazyness is now over.

The sadness will soon pass, it did for us. We are truly happy in our new house as I know you will be once you get into yours.

WDWFanatic
03-14-2007, 09:27 AM
:party: Congrat to all who have sold!:party:

Blythe, I hope everything goes well for you and this new couple. I'm gald you don't have to deal with the couple from December. They seem like the type that will call you up after the sale with every little thing trying to get you to fix it!

Good Luck!

magicofdisney
03-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Anyway - thanks for all the pixie dust and thoughts - congrats to Tink and Magic on their sales... maybe the magic of spring is starting to work!! Good luck and lots of :pixie: :pixie: to everyone!!

Congrats to you as well!:high5: We had a family that dragged us along for a few weeks, looking at the home 3 different times. Each time telling us we were one of their top picks. Ultimately they chose not to make an offer. I am happy to be where we're at now. I hope you get that offer in writing soon! GL

magicofdisney
03-14-2007, 02:13 PM
We've got some other fix it work to do and also need to declutter. Has anyone had experience with PODS? I was thinking about renting one to store all this stuff. We are also hiring a cleaning service to come in every other week (I'm thinking on Fridays) so that we have minimal cleaning to do to get it ready for viewing each week.
In the end, PODS wouldn't work for us. They only have two sizes which would have been large enough to hold the excess clutter we have, but access to them may not have been as easy. Plus the cost far outwayed the benefits in our opinion. But the thought of being able to take everything right out the front door and load up was very appealing. We just chose to go the cheaper route because we were so unsure how long our home would ultimately be on the market.

Dsnygirl
03-16-2007, 09:20 AM
:party: :fworks: It's official!! :fworks: :party:

We signed the papers this morning - our house is sold, pending inspection, etc., etc., which we don't anticipate being a problem!! :)

The only glitch is the closing date - May 25 - such a long way out! We aren't buying, we're planning to rent for a year while my DH puzzles out his next career move - so most of the houses avail. right now want an April contract and don't want to show to someone looking for May. Apparently, according to one realtor, this is a traditionally very busy time when people start to want to move, but there's not much inventory. :( So - we're just crossing our fingers and trusting God that the next step will go smoothly, as well.

But at least this step is over with - thanks for all the encouragement and kind words and the magical pixie dust - I'm sure it all helped!! Now, here is heaps more :pixie: for all you folks still on the market!! Good luck! :thumbsup:

CanadianWDWFan
03-16-2007, 09:35 AM
:fworks: :congrats: Blythe! :fworks:

The hard part is over!:party: Don't sweat getting a place to live in May, just enjoy that you have sold your house!

murphy1
03-16-2007, 12:36 PM
I think this is all going to drive me nuts!! We have just had our third appliance replace within two months!! The house is ten yo so what do you know, the appliances go exactly as long as they are supposed to, haha. Well, someone is getting all new and upgraded appliances at least! I have a quandary too, dh wants to basically stay in GA and I really want to move back to my home of Florida, but in Central Florida, if anyone knows any good engineering jobs, I think he would go. My kids all want to go too, they want a pool in their backyard, as well as Disney, and my whole family is in the state, so it would be nice.

RedSoxFan
03-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Blythe: Congrats on signing the papers. It has to be a BIG relief to have the papers signed. I know it was for us. :)

threeh
03-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Can I join the house for sale party?? We only listed ours in the beg of Februaury. My husband took a transfer, right now we live in South East PA, near Philadelphia. We are moving to 40 miles south of Erie, PA (northwest). We are going to try and rent something so we can build a house once we get there. Our house has had about 2-3 showings a weeks since we listed it, but no offers yet. Wish me luck, DH has to relocate by middle of June!!
My son is 10 and is super excited to be moving. He can't wait to get to the open land and have a really nice big back yard!!

pogo
03-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Congratulations Blythe ! The worst is over for you. You'll be allright. :D

Dsnygirl
03-22-2007, 09:19 AM
:) Well, so far so good - we had the inspection for the buyers yesterday, and are hoping that all is well with that... the house is only 5 yrs old, so we're assuming there won't be much for him to say. :fingers:

We've found a cute little cape that we're hoping to rent in the town we'd like to end up buying in next year, so that's a plus - we figure it'd be a good idea to check the place out for the next year and be sure we like it as much as we think we will. It's a little, sleepy town just south of Syracuse called Marcellus, and it's just quaint and older and country...lots of hills and woods and streams. So - hopefully, by next week, all will be set! Yeah!:)

RedSoxFan
03-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Blythe: I'm sure the inspection will be fine if the house is only 5 yrs old. Our VA house was 6 yrs old (we're the original owners) and we only had a couple of minor problems: leak in the jacuzzi tub and the kitchen sprayer not working properly. Easy fixes although replacing the kitchen faucet was expensive as the sprayer could not be repaired.

bucky at disney
03-22-2007, 01:15 PM
I didn't want to jinx anything up til now....but WE CLOSE TOMORROW!!!!!!! :woohoo: :yay: :clappy:

Congrats to all those who have been having some luck as well...

Dsnygirl
03-22-2007, 02:36 PM
I didn't want to jinx anything up til now....but WE CLOSE TOMORROW!!!!!!! :woohoo: :yay: :clappy:

Congrats to all those who have been having some luck as well...

:congrats: Yeah for you!! Hope all goes well!!:D

magicofdisney
03-22-2007, 07:10 PM
I think this is all going to drive me nuts!! We have just had our third appliance replace within two months!! The house is ten yo so what do you know, the appliances go exactly as long as they are supposed to, haha. Well, someone is getting all new and upgraded appliances at least!
A few days after we got a signed contract, our built in microwave blew. Then a couple of weeks later, the ceiling fan in the MB broke down. The microwave had to be replaced but the fan only needed a new switch. We also have a 10 y/o home and we've replaced all but the stove/oven unit. Hopefully things will run smoothly until we close (well, even after that, but at least until then, huh?)

bucky at disney
03-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Well - of I did jinx it a bit....nothing can ever go 100% smooth is this department. Our closing was postponed last Friday - due to some paperwork :mad: .....but we were finally able to close on Tuesday.

For the rest of you still trying - good luck! I sure am glad we don't do this every day.

My husband says this will be the last time he moves until our kids have to move him into a nursing home....we'll have to see how long that lasts :secret:

Dsnygirl
03-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Well - of I did jinx it a bit....nothing can ever go 100% smooth is this department. Our closing was postponed last Friday - due to some paperwork .....but we were finally able to close on Tuesday.

:congrats: on your closing! Bet that's a load off your mind, right?? We still don't have a final closing date set, but our inspection went fine, and now we're just waiting to hear from their bank re: dates. We're hoping for mid-May... the rental we've got is ours May 1st, which will give me time to go through it and make sure it's clean, painted, etc., and we can move our stuff in slowly, which would be nice!

Good luck to everyone out there still going through the selling process!!

Kisobel
04-09-2007, 01:31 AM
congratulations blythe, i obviously haven't seen you at work in a long time. glad to know everything is working out.

kate

Nana
04-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Sorry, I have not posted updates on our move. I have been going back and forth between Atlanta and Birmingham and working 12-14 hour days. When I get home or to the hotel, I just collapse. Anyway-our house went on the market 3 weeks ago today. The buyer signed the contract this past Monday. They are pre approved for financing and want to move so the closing is set for May 18th. We bought a home Wed that had only been on the market for 12 days and we also have a closing date of May 18th. Luckily since our home is a Corporate Relo, the relocation company will be the representative at our old home. We have until June 1st to move so we have the moving company scheduled for the week before Memorial Day. Keeping our fingers crossed that all works out. :thumbsup: The home we are buying is twice as large as the one we are in with twice as much land and the good news is that our house note is going down significantly. :cool: Hopefully, we are going to get back to normal and I can come back to Intercot. I have been gone forever. :(

Carol
04-27-2007, 09:58 PM
It's so good to 'see' you Becky! I hope the sale/move goes accordingly. We miss you on the boards. :hug:

murphy1
04-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Congrats on your closings, everyone!!! That is great! Becky, it is great to see you. What do you think of all this Johns Creek stuff?? They are tearing up the roads to make them bigger near my house. I liked when it was small city here! Now that my health scare over my thyroid is okay, we were talking about the house again, so hopefully can move ahead and decide on our situtation.

magicofdisney
04-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Sorry, I have not posted updates on our move. I have been going back and forth between Atlanta and Birmingham and working 12-14 hour days. When I get home or to the hotel, I just collapse. Anyway-our house went on the market 3 weeks ago today. The buyer signed the contract this past Monday. They are pre approved for financing and want to move so the closing is set for May 18th. We bought a home Wed that had only been on the market for 12 days and we also have a closing date of May 18th. Luckily since our home is a Corporate Relo, the relocation company will be the representative at our old home. We have until June 1st to move so we have the moving company scheduled for the week before Memorial Day. Keeping our fingers crossed that all works out. :thumbsup: The home we are buying is twice as large as the one we are in with twice as much land and the good news is that our house note is going down significantly. :cool: Hopefully, we are going to get back to normal and I can come back to Intercot. I have been gone forever. :(
3 weeks? That's impressive. GL with the move. We have two closings coming up (selling and buying) and we're very excited!

Dsnygirl
04-28-2007, 05:38 AM

Congratulations, Becky - it's good to see you back on the boards! Good luck w/ your closings... we're moving into our new home on the 18th, and hopefully closing on our old home the next week. Can't wait until it's all over!!

Good luck to everyone else who is still doing the "selling" part... hoping spring will bring good news from everyone!!:thumbsup:

bleukarma
04-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Boy can I relate to this thread! I work in the real estate market (a title company, specifically) and I also have a house on the market. I’m being hit at home and at work! We bought the house on at the end of January 2006 and the property taxes went from $900 to $2600 and that is just out of our budget. Because of the slow market my company put a freeze on raises and bonuses. So not only do I have to come up with extra money for the house but I don’t have extra money coming in like I normally would. We put the house on the market at the end of February of this year. It is me and my 72 year old aunt and she decided that when the house sells she is going into a retirement community in south Tampa, where I grew up. I’m going to move into an apartment in south Tampa because I just can’t afford the property taxes on something I would buy. Our house has been on the market for a few months and no bites yet! So if anybody is interested in a house about 45 minutes from WDW, I have one I can show you! :mickey:

Good luck to everybody else with a house on the market! I know how stressful it can be!!!

bleukarma
09-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Well it seems like I killed this thread last time, but here goes again…

Our house is back on the market. It was on the market for most of this year but our contract ran out at the end of July and back then we decided to take it off until after the holidays. I live with my 72 year old great aunt and we share expenses, however we both agree that mortgage + taxes + insurance makes the house just too costly. We were going to use the rest of the year to figure out where to move, what type of living situation (her possibly in a retirement community, both of us in an apartment, separate apartments, together again) and everything else that goes with a sell/move. We were even kicking around the idea of moving to her home town of Huntington, WV and me going to Marshall University. Imagine my surprise when she calls me at work and tells me that she just relisted the house! Honestly I was so upset that I couldn’t go to my second job last night. As soon as she told me all the stress of having a house on the market and it possible being sold out from under me landed on my shoulders. I thought I had a few months rest from all of that. Now I have less time to figure out what to do/where to go and I have two jobs to try to fit in packing, cleaning, looking for a place to live. I told her just this weekend to wait until after the holidays because I plan on working two jobs through the holidays and then I can concentrate on the house and move. If we do decide to go to West Virginia then I’m not ready yet and I refuse to move north in the winter again.

But, with all that being said…what’s done is done. I’ll find a way to fit in packing, cleaning and decided what to do/where to go. I think I’m going to do it right this time and rent a storage space to put all of our stuff we don’t use so the house will look more open. I’m sure things will work out in the end, I just wish moving and deciding what to do with your future wasn’t so stressful!!!