PDA

View Full Version : our january journey- day 4, animal kingdom

EvilQueen2006
01-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Our January Journey Trip Report

Cast of Characters:

Me- Heidi, Disney Planner
DGF- Lauren, my wonderful girlfriend. Going along to humor me even though she hates noise, screaming children, crowds and rides. (My mission was to convert her to a disney nut like me)
DD- Alissa- Our 10 year-old daughter.
DM- Shirley, my mom. Along to spend some quality time with DD.

Day 4 (Monday, Jan. 8th, 2007) Animal Kingdom

Another early morning. EMH at Animal Kingdom today. First Stop. . .Expedition Everest! Lauren opted to sit this one out, So Alissa, my Mom and I got in line. I kind of wished the line was a little longer so I could stop to look at all the interesting things. But we breezed through and soon boarded our train. What an awesome ride this is, definitely a new favorite. Right up there with RNRC and Mission Space in my opinion. Alissa decided she was “never going on that ride ever again!” So on the way out we picked up 4 fast passes for me and my mom to take advantage of later. We hoofed it across the park to Africa and hit the safari next. We saw lots of animals, the baby giraffe was out, as were the cheetahs, lions, elephants, and lots of other creatures. Walked the trails after that and got some great pictures of the gorillas. Next we rode the train over to Conservation station and pet the goats for a little while. Then we went back to Asia to use our Everest fast passes. My mom and I rode 2 times in a row. We sat in the very last row one of the times, and I think that made it even scarier and more fun. It was a warm day so we went on Kali a couple times and managed not to get completely soaked. By now it was a little after nonn, so we decided to go back to Africa and have some lunch at Tusker house. I had the salmon, which was really good. The rice that came with it was yummy too. We all got the carrot cake for dessert, and I highly recommend it! The afternoon consisted of seeing FOTLK (awesome) and Pocahontis (lame). Then we swung through Dinoland and rode Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl. We made our way back to discovery Island in time to see the last half of the parade. Then headed out of the park to catch a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge for dinner at one of my favorites- Boma! We got there a little early so we roamed around a little, went out to the viewing area, looked through the gift shop, strolled by the pool area.. We checked in for our ADR about 20 min early, and waited 30 min. for a table. The restaurant was PACKED! It was very difficult to get to the food. Once we got our food it was all very good. I love the Fufu and the couscous. They didn’t have the carrot-ginger soup that I remember them having before, and some of the desserts I remember weren’t there. But they still have the Zebra Domes so I was happy. I also had the white wine flight with my meal and all three wines were very good. Lauren and I then went back to Epcot to check the lost and found and Alissa and my mom went back to Pop to go swimming. No luck at the lost and found, so we decided to take a ride on the test track. We got all the way through the line, and through the pre-show area and almost up to the cars when we heard the “The testing area is experiencing some technical difficulties” 15 minutes later we were all being ushered out, this happened a few more times on this ride during out trip. We decided to call it a night and head back to Pop for bed.

Up Next . . . . More Epcot!

disneydrmr
01-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Sounds like a good day! You are right about the line for Everest... so many interesting things to look at that you almost wish the line wouldn't move quickly. It's definitly one of my favorite rides! Thanks for sharing your trip report!

lovewalt
01-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Poor Alissa.But I guess you made it up to her by sitting through that awful Pocahontas show.
On our last trip she wouldn't go on TOT,Dinosaur or even POTC and it seems she overcame those fears this trip.So I bet there'll be more E:E rides in her future !

ChipnDaleGal
01-17-2007, 10:34 AM
A wonderful dinner at Boma seems like the perfect way to end a fun day at Animal Kingdom. Thanks for the report. :mickey:

pdrlkr
01-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
01-22-2007, 06:09 AM
Very nice Animal Kingdom day - filled with lots of fun and good food!

amorillo
01-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Sounds like an amazing day, in my favorite park! Topped off with a trip to the Tusker House... definately my favorite CS in WDW.... and dinner at Boma (never done it... but we're trying it this March! Can't wait!) :thumbsup:

KylesMom
01-22-2007, 04:23 PM
We sat in the very last row one of the times, and I think that made it even scarier and more fun.
Everyone in my family agrees that E:E is much more intense sitting in the very back. I have to laugh, in all the times we've gone, we've never seen the Pocahontas show. I take it we should continue to walk on by?!

What another incredible day! :marg: :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-03-2007, 01:35 AM
I love EE:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing:mickey:

Bethis26fan
04-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Sounds like a great day. Thanks for sharing.

crazypoohbear
04-04-2007, 06:23 PM
I love EE also. My youngest won't even watch it so getting your dd to ride once is wonderful. Maybe she'll change her mind in a few years:mickey: