PDA

View Full Version : Codes for In-Park Purchases?

Thumper03
01-14-2007, 11:35 AM
We're prepping for our trip to WDW in a few weeks, and would like to get an update on "what" to purchase "where", to get codes.
For example, the last time we were there, when we purchased a hat at the Chapeau, we got a code for the gold mickey ears. (We're assuming that they aren't doing that one since they are past the 50th celebration, but Blue ears would be cool!)

We want to make sure we don't miss anything. Last trip we purchased our photo from Splash Mountain, but didn't know to ask for the code for the Wanted Poster.

Thanks for any help! :thumbsup:

Queen and Brer

mickeytinkerbellprincess
01-14-2007, 12:47 PM
I think that the blue ears are only for QA (staff), lol. So I'm not sure if they're going to give out blue ears, but I agree with you! They would be awesome :)

Buy a shirt at Sir Mickeys in Fantasyland, you get a VMK card for a t-shirt.

Buy a photo from Splash Mountian or Buzz Light Year, you get a VMK card for a wanted poster.

Buy any pin at Frontier Mercantile in Frontierland and get VMK card for the Happiest Celebration On Earth Pin.

Buy any candy at Prairie Outpost & Supply in Frontierland and receive a VMK card for the Red retro Penny Press.

I took these from a thread a long time ago, so I'm not sure if they are still doing it, lol. I am sure it's for WDW though, but can someone confirm this for me? :mickey:

Hope this helps! :)

JPL
01-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Actually this has changed a bit

You still get the Red Penny Press for buying candy at Prairie Outpost & Supply in Frontierland.

They have also been giving the Red Penny Press for pins at Frontier Mercantile in Frontierland. The HCOE pins are gone now.

The Wanted Poster is still there for the ride photos.

The Gold ears are gone and have not been replaced by anything.

Not sure about the T-shirt.

It definately seems that they didn't plan ot far ahead for VMK :(

Chescat
01-14-2007, 01:37 PM
The red penny presses at DLR usually depend on how many they have in stock. When I went just after Christmas they were all out.

The Magic Mirrors at DLR, they told me they have enough stock until May now.

I guess we see what Yavn says in the newsletter this week. He said last week he was going to talk this week about the In Park Quest. :confused:

TinkRocks
01-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Don't forget to print out the in-park quests too - Tomorrowland, High School Musical, Thrill Seeker Quest (need to get this stamped at AK's Kali River Rapids).

Also remember to pick up the quest cards at VMK Central - Frontierland, Adventureland, and Fantasyland.

Ghost * Hostess
01-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Don't forget to go to VMK Central and create a character there. You get a "Born in the Park" Pin and the new character also gets a lot of stuff with this. We did it last trip down. It is pretty cool!

Thumper03
01-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Thanks all for the follow up info.
We already have the quests printed off and in our binder ready to go. We are past the expiration dates, but since they're still available to be printed off, we are assuming that they are still taking them.

Perhaps it will be obvious when we get there, but did have a question about where to get the Kali stamp done. Is it at the entrance to the queue or somewhere after you ride? I'm sure they don't want the line held up by the stamping process.

Still holding out hope for Blue Ears at some point during the YOMD celebration. They could make them light blue to be different from QA.

As far as creating characters, the kids already did that last trip (they were born in the park). For us the "here since day one" designation means a little more to QueenThump and BrerFan. Is there any advantage right now to creating another character in the park?

Thanks again everybody...we're counting down the days! :D :mickey:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
01-17-2007, 01:14 AM
Have fun! Unfortunately, since I've almost never go to DLR or the VMK booth (only once last time I visited DLR), I won't be able to answer most of your questions. If there's blue ears coming out, I'm going to get hyper again.. :D

:pixie: for a good trip and have a great time! :)

jjramsey
01-17-2007, 07:37 AM
The Kali stamp, if they are still doing it, is at the location where you split between standby and fastpass. If you stand in the middle the 'traffic' can easily go around both sides of you.

Patricia
01-17-2007, 04:18 PM
That is correct, the Kali stamp is at the line split. Which in December was right at the ride queue entrance. Don't worry about holding up the line, people can (and will) get around you.

Yes, the quests you print at home are all still being used.

In the park you will be able to pick up the Frontierland, Fantasyland and Pirates Quest cards. Adventureland has been discontinued.

Have a fun trip!

Thumper03
01-18-2007, 09:17 PM
In the park you will be able to pick up the Frontierland, Fantasyland and Pirates Quest cards. Adventureland has been discontinued.
Thanks all for the info. A new question has popped up here...When we completed all the quests before, we were eligible to take the VMK insider tour. When we took the tour was when the pirate quest was done. If the pirate quest cards are now being handed out, is the tour still available?

Chescat
01-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Thanks all for the info. A new question has popped up here...When we completed all the quests before, we were eligible to take the VMK insider tour. When we took the tour was when the pirate quest was done. If the pirate quest cards are now being handed out, is the tour still available?
The pirate quest cards are the Fortress Room with the well. Not the old pirate quest. But keep your eyes open for the VMK pins when you are there. They are the old pirate quest items. They hopefully will be resurfacing soon at both parks.

I would have to defer to JP or Patti on the completion pack. I thought WDW is out of those cards now. :confused:

Patricia
01-19-2007, 01:39 AM
I'm honestly not sure what the completion pack is, but I do know there is no longer a VMK Insider tour.

This is indeed a quest for the new Pirate Fortress Room and the well chair.

Thumper03
09-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Still holding out hope for Blue Ears at some point during the YOMD celebration. They could make them light blue to be different from QA.

So what are the chances VMK rewards those with creative input? :)