PDA

View Full Version : 24-Day 6

sunlyon
01-14-2007, 09:02 AM
I have been anticipating this year for so long I hope it's not a disappointment! I can say I don't like Jack with the scraggly beard. I certainly don't know how they'll top last season with the weasly president and awesome first lady but I know they'll be trying.

Less than 12 hours 'til showtime...

PirateLover
01-14-2007, 12:30 PM
I don't think the beard is supposed to last long. I can't wait either! This season looks great!

Chrisx2
01-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Season 5 was the first season DH and I watched. I missed the first 4 hours and he missed most of the season (he was deployed). He loved what he saw and so did I! So, since last season ended, we have rented and watched Day 1-4 and the first 16 hours of Day 5 to catch up.

It will be odd to have to watch it with commercials again... ;)

Lynn J Mc
01-15-2007, 01:37 PM
So - where is Audrey?

magic my way
01-15-2007, 07:56 PM
I think I'm going to have some trouble looking at 'Kumar' as a bad guy.

QTPie68
01-16-2007, 01:08 AM
So....what did you all think about the first 4 hours?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

I was just BLOWN AWAY by the last 10 mins Monday night :jaw: .

PirateLover
01-16-2007, 08:35 AM
A bit over the top for sure. Jack gets stabbed in the shoulder and within minutes has full function of his arm? Hmm. But, I don't look to 24 for reality. Jack Bauer is a modern day Superman. So far I do like this season. Props for actually detonating a nuke... and there are 4 more out there!? Wow. Go Jack!

sunlyon
01-16-2007, 08:35 AM
wow

Okay so I am not disappointed, they are off to an explosive start. Yikes, Curtis?

mjaclyn
01-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Wow...I've been a HUGE fan of 24 since the beginning but last night I felt sick to my stomach. Watching that atomic bomb go off made me feel ill. I was kind of hoping that 24 wouldn't be about Islamic terrorists. Considering the attacks on 9-11 it feels like the storyline could actually happen sometime in the future. It's a little unnerving...

MNNHFLTX
01-16-2007, 10:16 AM
So - where is Audrey?Kim Raver (Audrey) was on the series "The Nine" until it was cancelled. Now that she's available again, I heard that she will be coming back to "24" mid-season.

I was riveted both Sunday and Monday nights to the show. I kind of thought Curtis might get killed off this season (the guy has had, like, nine lives) but I didn't expect it to be so soon and for Jack to be the one to kill him. And then just minutes later to have a nuclear bomb detonate--whoa!

And the new President Palmer sure seems like a weak imitation of his big brother. Not a bad man, but a weak president.

I think it's kind of fun having Morris back on as Chloe's significant other, but I hope they keep her as cranky as always--her character usually offers the only comic relief the show has.

Chrisx2
01-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Whoa. My DH and I just stared at the TV last night with our mouths hanging open. I think that's what I love about this show. Most shows would have stopped the nuclear bomb at the last minute.

I thought Curtis' days might be numbered but I didn't think Jack would do it either. I'm anxiously looking forward to this season. There are A LOT of loose ends I need to know about! What happened to Logan, Secretary Heller, and Mrs. Logan? What about Dr. Romano? (Yes, I know that he has a real name but he is just always going to be Dr. Romano to me :D )

PirateLover
01-16-2007, 03:31 PM
? (Yes, I know that he has a real name but he is just always going to be Dr. Romano to me :D )
We call him that too!! ;) I am also loving the back and forth with Chloe and Morris. Anyone find it a bit weird that they brought Milo back? I mean he's not a bad actor or anything but he was only in the first season and spent most of his time eating peanuts if I remember correctly. Just kinda seems like they said "hmm we are killing off a lot of people...better bring back a familiar face."

QTPie68
01-16-2007, 03:55 PM
I just couldn't believe that Jack killed Curtis :cry: . It was more shocking then when Edgar died (that was more sad), but I actually liked the Curtis character and hate to see him go.

I just kept on mumbling "I can't believe Jack killed Curtis....I can't believe Jack killed Curtis..." even when the bomb went off....then I was mumbling "I can't believe the bomb went off, I can't believe Jack killed Curtis..."...ok, I need a life :laughing: .

I like the Morris character too and his interaction with Chloe is great, but I am afraid that either him or this other guy, Miles are going to end biting the dust, or be a traitor. And it is me, or the does the other presidential advisor guy (is he Secretary of State??) look like a weasel?? I don't trust him :nono: .

MNNHFLTX
01-16-2007, 04:09 PM
And it is me, or the does the other presidential advisor guy (is he Secretary of State??) look like a weasel?? I don't trust him :nono: .
I always think of Ally McBeal when he's on-screen, can't help it. I don't trust him either.

And yes, that other slimy guy will always be Dr. Romano to me too. :funny:

PirateLover
01-16-2007, 04:45 PM
I just couldn't believe that Jack killed Curtis :cry: . It was more shocking then when Edgar died (that was more sad), but I actually liked the Curtis character and hate to see him go.

After the first 2 hours, my boyfriend and I decided to look for spoilers. We found a page and I skim it and of course my eyes darted directly to the line that says "Jack Bauer is forced to kill Agent Curtis Manning with a shot to the neck" and then I didn't read anymore. I just screamed "NOOOOO!!! WHY DID WE HAVE TO LOOK AT SPOILERS!!!!" I read somewhere that the actor who played Tony had come up with a similar idea for his death, but the writers denied him. I guess they recycled his idea. I hated Tony's death last season more than any other death on the series because of the way it was done.

Chrisx2
01-22-2007, 11:34 PM
I always think of Ally McBeal when he's on-screen, can't help it. I don't trust him either.

And yes, that other slimy guy will always be Dr. Romano to me too. :funny:

:faint: :jaw: :eyes: OK, that was my DH and I tonight!

Slimy guy isn't just Dr. Romano anymore... :confused:

As for the advisor guy, I keep waiting for him to put his hand to his head to "take a moment". I loved him on Ally but this guy is just wrong.

MNNHFLTX
01-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Definite shocker to find out that Dr. Romano is Jack's brother! And the scene at the end when he was holding the bag over his head was hard to forget. And do you think the show is trying to give the impression that Dr. Romano's son is really Jack's son?

PirateLover
01-23-2007, 08:56 AM
And do you think the show is trying to give the impression that Dr. Romano's son is really Jack's son?
That thought definitely crossed my mind. He had a full head of blond hair too.

fig's disney
01-23-2007, 03:06 PM
i just saw an interview with Chloe, she said that at a future hour she'll end up in bikini-this action ends up thwarting a nuclear attack......i was very confused and humored by this commment though

RAIDER
01-24-2007, 04:16 AM
Like everyone i am a real fan of this show and am pleased ist back on ...However i did larf when the suicide bomder on the train decided to sit on the very end carriage ????

Somehow i dont think that would cause maximum damage
do you ??? ...However so far so good :thumbsup:

TravisG5
02-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Raider,

He was going to blow himself up at the station... where position in the train doesn't matter. Fortunately, Jack caught him :)

sunlyon
03-13-2007, 01:20 PM
All I can say about last night is:

Whoa, she seemed so sane at the end of last season.

PirateLover
03-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Martha has been through a lot so I don't blame her for flipping out. If he dies though, that is bad news. I love Martha and Aaron together. So far I'm digging the addition of Ricky Schroeder, and Milo is really getting on my nerves. This season is good, but not quite as gripping for me as others. Maybe its because I just have so much going on in my life right now that it is hard for me to just sit down, relax, and become immersed in good TV. But jack always has my :heart:

ChipnDaleGal
03-14-2007, 08:10 AM
I am not loving this season so much. Maybe because it has been on several years now, but it seems to be getting a little too predictable. It just isn't fresh and exciting. And I know you have to be willing to suspend your belief, but it is really getting silly that people get the stuffing beat out of them in one episode and then they perk up and go on the next. In the time format of the show it is just one hour later. I don't see how in the world we can believe that Morris was drilled in the shoulder with a power tool and then is back at his desk a couple hours later. And Jack rebounds way too quick too. I really like Keifer, but this show just doesn't do it for me like it did the first couple seasons.

Mufasa
04-03-2007, 04:34 AM
You know, you would think the writers of 24 would do their research-

So Vice President Daniels was trying to invoke the 25th amendment to remove President Palmer- and it hinged on the idea of whether Karen Hayes was eligible to vote on the matter (based on her earlier resignation to Palmer)

Well, it's a moot point- the National Security Advisor is not a cabinet level position so she wouldn't have a vote to begin with!

The National Security Advisor is an appointed position by the president (and does not go through Senate confirmation like the Cabinet positions).

MNNHFLTX
04-03-2007, 09:54 AM
You know, you would think the writers of 24 would do their research-

So Vice President Daniels was trying to invoke the 25th amendment to remove President Palmer- and it hinged on the idea of whether Karen Hayes was eligible to vote on the matter (based on her earlier resignation to Palmer)

Well, it's a moot point- the National Security Advisor is not a cabinet level position so she wouldn't have a vote to begin with!

The National Security Advisor is an appointed position by the president (and does not go through Senate confirmation like the Cabinet positions).
Good point! I hadn't thought about that.

Personally, I found implausible that they could bring President Palmer II from an induced coma to hopping out of his wheelchair all within the space of about an hour. :shake:

It was an interesting show--I wasn't expecting the twist at the end. Wonder if Palmer has already suffered a stroke or if there's some other explanation for his unusual behavior?

Lynn J Mc
04-03-2007, 10:12 AM
This year is stretching my imagination too much. Too much happening too fast. I'm finding it hard to believe all this could happen this fast. Just change the name to "7 Days" and be done with it.