PDA

View Full Version : our january journey, day 2- more MGM and MK

EvilQueen2006
01-13-2007, 05:07 PM
Our January Journey Trip Report

Cast of Characters:

Me- Heidi, Disney Planner
DGF- Lauren, my wonderful girlfriend. Going along to humor me even though she hates noise, screaming children, crowds and rides. (My mission was to convert her to a disney nut like me)
DD- Alissa- Our 10 year-old daughter.
DM- Shirley, my mom. Along to spend some quality time with DD.

Day 2 (Saturday, Jan. 6, 2007) - MGM and Magic Kingdom

Received a wake-up call from Mickey and Stitch at 6am. Used some snack credits for a box of doughnuts for breakfast and headed out for morning EMH at MGM. Rode Tower of Terror again. (Lauren sat this one out. Yesterday she braved it with us, but ended up in the fetal position screaming, “I’m going to die” so she didn’t join us again) After TOT we rode Star tours again, then the Great Movie Ride, saw Little Mermaid and the new stunt show (loved it!). Ate lunch at the ABC Comissary. We all liked our meals very much. Tried to get into Indiana Jones, but every time we tried to line up we were told “Standing room only”, so we skipped it this trip. Saw Beauty and the Beast and then decided to head over to Magic Kingdom. Rode the new POTC with the new Captain Jack Sparrow effects . Wow! He looks so real. Then Rode Big Thunder and Haunted Mansion. We then headed over to the Polynesian for our ADR’s at Kona Café. Very good food and service here. The atmosphere was a bit loud with the constant roar of the waterfall. I had the crab cakes appetizer- yum, The Mahi Mahi, which was yummy, but to rich to finish, and the Kiluhea Torte (Probably my favorite dessert of the whole trip) The meal came to about $150, but we were on the dining plan. Yay! After dinner, we went back to Magic kingdom and staked out a spot for SpectroMagic. I absolutely love this parade. We also stayed for wishes. We fought our way back to the busses and back to POP.

Tomorrow, another early morning at the MK.

ChipnDaleGal
01-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Sounds like my kind of day. Fun at MGM, dinner at Kona (one of my favorites :tasty: ), and ending with Spectromagic! Sigh... wish I could have done all that today. Thanks for letting me live it through you! :mickey:

Caroleh
01-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Sounds like a great day!! Thanks for the report!

pdrlkr
01-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
01-15-2007, 01:46 PM
sounds like a fun day.

KylesMom
01-15-2007, 01:59 PM
(Lauren sat this one out. Yesterday she braved it with us, but ended up in the fetal position screaming, “I’m going to die” so she didn’t join us again)
I'm afraid that's going to be me if I ever get the guys to agree to go on it! No, in all our trips I've NEVER been!:blush:
That surprises me about Indiana Jones - glad to see it's still a draw for many.

So far you're really packing alot in - glad you were able to see Spectro! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

disneydrmr
01-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Another fun and wonderful day! My sister and I were lucky in catching the Spectromagic parade when we went and it was definitly one of our highlights! Thanks for sharing your day with us!

faline
01-19-2007, 12:26 PM
What a packed day! You must be very energetic vacationers!

HndrdPrcnt
01-21-2007, 04:00 PM
I have heard such wonderful things about Kona Cafe'. I may just have to give it a try.

amorillo
01-22-2007, 02:52 PM
Sounds like a wonderful day! Thanks for sharing it with us! I'm off to read more!

mrsgaribaldi
04-03-2007, 01:26 AM
This si the day we arrived at the Poly but we never ate at Kona. I've heard nothing but good things though. Sounds like another great day. Too funny about Lauren ;) Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

crazypoohbear
04-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Sounds like your off to a great start. But, you haven't said yet if you have converted your DGF????