PDA

View Full Version : our january journey - day 1, travel and MGM

EvilQueen2006
01-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Our January Journey Trip Report

Cast of Characters:

Me- Heidi, Disney Planner
DGF- Lauren, my wonderful girlfriend. Going along to humor me even though she hates noise, screaming children, crowds and rides. (My mission was to convert her to a disney nut like me)
DD- Alissa- Our 10 year-old daughter.
DM- Shirley, my mom. Along to spend some quality time with DD.

Day 1 ( Friday Jan. 5 2007) - Traveling and MGM

We woke up at 2:30 am to get ready and be out the door by 3:45. Had luggage already in the car, so just had to double check our carry-ons. Made it to the airport by 4:00. Breezed through check-in and security in time to enjoy a Starbucks coffee while we waited for our 5:55am flight. Flights were all on time and made in into Orlando by 1:00pm. Searched a little for the Magical Express check-in, once we found it, we were on the bus and on our way to Disney within 20 min. We checked into POP entury at about 2:00. (By the way, our ME driver called the resort “Pop Classic”. May be an indicator that the legendary years will not be opening and “pop century” will no longer be representing a century.) Our rooms were ready when we checked in so we went and checked them out. We recieved all our requests- connecting rooms, one with two double beds, one with a king and non-smoking. We were on the first floor in 70's. Rooms 0166 and 0167. These are on the front side of the building near the Twister game. I thought it would have been noisy, but barely heard anyone walking by for the whole week we were there. We did a quick clothing change and headed out to The Studios. We saw Muppetes, rode on Star Tours and took a ride on Tower of Terror. Stopped for some snacks, Mmmmmm. . . .turkey legs, then watched Fantasmic. The show was magnificent as always. After that we toured the Osbourne lights which were amazing. Rode Star Tours again and then headed back to the hotel for some well needed rest.

Up next. . . More MGM, and Magic Kingdom.

ChipnDaleGal
01-13-2007, 08:48 PM
I am glad that your travel went well and you managed to get some MGM fun in too. Pretty good for a travel day! Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

Caroleh
01-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Sounds like a great day for a travel day!!! You got a lot done!!

pdrlkr
01-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
01-15-2007, 01:40 PM
sounds like a very busy day.

disneydrmr
01-15-2007, 03:18 PM
What a great travel day! Breezing thru security at the airport, rooms ready on arrival, turkey legs, and Fantasmic! Can't get much better than that! Thanks for sharing your report!

faline
01-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Up at 2:30 in the morning??!! It would seem that it would hardly be worth going to bed at all! What a lot you accomplished for such a long travel day!!

HndrdPrcnt
01-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Great start to the trip!

amorillo
01-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Sounds like you're off to a great start! Can't wait to read more!

mrsgaribaldi
04-03-2007, 01:24 AM
What a long day of travel. I would have needed a nap big time. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

crazypoohbear
04-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Sounds like the start of a great trip. I'd love a 15 minute trip to the airport. That's great

Kisobel
04-30-2007, 10:35 PM
great start