PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Fiji

Chrisx2
01-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Cast reveal for Suvivor: Fiji will be Friday, January 12 on the Early Show on CBS.

Season premiere is on February 8 at 8pm.

I hope this season is as good as last season! I had almost given up before Cook Islands.

Melanie
01-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Survivor Makes a Project Runway Connection

By Cynthia Wang

The granddaddy of all reality shows, Survivor, is back for a 14th season – this time with a connection to another hit reality program, Project Runway.

Rita Verreos, 38, a former professional ballerina and the older sister of Project Runway veteran and fashion designer Nick Verreos, has joined Survivor: Fiji's band of castaways.

"I only purchased cable TV when my brother was on a reality show," Rita, a part-time image consultant and full-time single mom, tells PEOPLE.

Before Survivor began filming at the end of October 2006, Rita and Nick had a talk about "reality" life. "I have not asked for advice," says Rita, "but he has told me to just be myself. He said the aftermath of the attention could be overwhelming. But a few years ago, I was in the Miss Venezuela pageant, so actually, I gave him the same advice before Project Runway!"

Rita says she hopes fans will make a positive correlation between her and Nick. "Maybe the Verreoses can be like the Osbournes," she jokes, "or people will want the Rita and Nick Show!"

As for the show, this time around, the theme is Haves vs. Have Nots. The new series will begin with all of the contestants in a single tribe. All 19 adventurers are dropped off on an island near a natural cave and given supplies to make for a deluxe camp. But by the third day the group will be split into two and the tribe that wins the first immunity challenge will stay in relative luxury, while the losing tribe will be forced to move to a new island with only a pot, machete and a water source.

Elements of the last two seasons – Exile Island and a hidden immunity idol – will return but with a twist. This time, the person sent to Exile Island will look for clues to where an immunity idol is hidden somewhere at each tribe camp. This means there could be the tantalizing possibility of two hidden immunity idols being in play at the same time.

As for the figure of 19 participants instead of 20, one potential castaway cast herself off the show before it began. Melissa McNulty, a 28-year-old talent manager from Los Angeles, had been flown to Fiji before she decided to bow out of the game. Producers decided not to bring in an alternate and so the series continues with 19 castaways.

Survivor: Fiji premieres on CBS on Feb. 8.

Complete List of Castaways on Survivor: Fiji

ALEX ANGARITA, 28
Los Angeles, Calif. (originally from Columbia, South America)
Attorney

KENWARD "BOO" BERNIS, 34
Lafayette, Louisiana
Construction Worker

YAU-MAN CHAN, 54
Martinez, Calif. (born in Hong Kong, raised in Borneo, Malaysia) Computer Engineer

EARL COLE, 35
Santa Monica, Calif. (originally from Kansas City, Kansas)
Advertising Executive

JESSICA deBEN, 27
Los Angeles, Calif. (originally from New Orleans)
Fashion Stylist

ERICA DUROUSSEAU, 27
Lake Charles, Louisiana Non-Profit Fundraiser

CASSANDRA FRANKLIN, 42
Los Angeles, Calif.
Civil Engineer Manager

LILIANA GOMEZ, 25
Oxnard, Calif.
Loan Officer

ANDRIA "DRE" HERD, 25
Wilmington, N. Carolina
Cheerleading Coach

STACY KIMBALL, 27
Boulder, Colorado (originally from Montpelier, VT)
Interactive Internet Producer

SYLVIA KWAN, 52
Ross, Calif. (born in Hong Kong)
Architect

MOOKIE LEE, 25
Wheeling, Illinois (born in Seoul, Korea
Loan Manager

LISETTE "LISI" LINARES, 36
Los Angeles, Calif. (originally from Miami)
Customer Service Representative

JAMES REID, 28
Los Angeles, Calif. (originally from Boston)
Bartender

EDGARDO RIVERA, 28
Miami Beach, Florida (originally from Puerto Rico)
Advertising Executive

ANTHONY ROBINSON, 32
Compton, Calif.
Expert Witness Locator

GARY STRITESKY, 55
Ramsey, Minn.
School Bus Driver

RITA VERREOS, 38
San Antonio, Texas (originally from Venezuela)
Single Mom

MICHELLE YI, 23
Cincinnatti, Ohio
Student

From People.com

disneydrmr
01-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Wow! someone from Cincy! Guess I know who I'll be rooting for! Sounds like it's gonna be another diverse cast even! And 2 hidden immunity idols - this could be an interesting season! I can't wait!

Just went to CBS's website - they have the cast posted with pictures! It really does seem to be shaping up to another good season!

TooGoofy
01-15-2007, 01:13 PM
The cast bios are up and can be viewed at the Survivor Website found here. (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor14/)

Looks like another more diverse cast...but I'm not sure they can top last season's standouts, Yul ( :heart: ) and Ozzy!

Chrisx2
01-16-2007, 03:32 PM
OK, after a quick look at the bios, a few things stood out. I didn't count exact numbers but I swear half of them were born outside the US. I guess they are really going for diversity this time!

Jessica was a body painter for the Lion King show at Animal Kingdom. Pretty cool. Cassandra reminds me of Cerie from two seasons ago. And James, well... his picture irritates me. I know that sounds odd but it does. I think the fact he's from Boston and has that smirk makes me have Rob flashbacks.

SBETigg
01-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Nothing wrong with a little Boston. Most people from MA are not like Rob! I hope James doesn't help Rob in giving us a bad reputation. :blush:

The cast looks interesting. It's too early to pick a favorite, for me. I hope they give us more twists and turns to keep us hooked!

MN MINNIE
01-16-2007, 06:32 PM
school bus company. I met him right before christmas at the Mall of America. It will definitely be interesting this season knowing one person.

murphy1
01-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Darn, I did not want to watch this season! The only reason I watched last season is b/c I knew someone on the show. I am a huge PR fan and LOVED Nick Verreos. He talked about his sister a lot and said she was a Ms. Venezuela. Some of you might have seen the My Scene Barbie challenge that he won. I think it was my favorite outfit out of every season. If she is as great as Nick was portrayed on his show, I hope she does well.

Momof2boys
01-17-2007, 10:29 AM
The thing that stood out to me were all the people who live in California !

Chrisx2
01-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Nothing wrong with a little Boston. Most people from MA are not like Rob! I hope James doesn't help Rob in giving us a bad reputation. :blush:

The cast looks interesting. It's too early to pick a favorite, for me. I hope they give us more twists and turns to keep us hooked!

Sorry Sherri! :blush: I didn't mean to imply Mass was full of people like Rob. (Used to live in NH and enjoyed Boston a lot!). It was James' smirk and stance in the picture that irritated me. I know that sounds wierd.

SBETigg
01-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Christina, not to worry. I was not at all offended. Rob is quite the character. I like to have a few "characters" on the show, but it's never fun if they don't get the boot early on. I still can't believe "Romber" hit the top two in All-Stars. What were their castmates thinking not to split them up when they had the chance? Crazy. I would love another All-Stars cast in a few more season, if Survivor lasts that long.

Chrisx2
01-19-2007, 11:11 AM
I never understood not breaking up "Romber" either. Another All-Stars would be fun. Any chance to see Yul and Ozzy again is good for me!

I hope this season's "twists and turns" are not too much. I'm not a big fan of the immunity idol/Exile Island thing.

Carol
02-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Who's ready?

I am! :here:

Melanie
02-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Me too, Carol. :here: Last season really peaked my interest in this show again. :thumbsup:

Carol
02-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Does it start for you this week too, Mel? :search:

And only 2 more weeks for The Race. Woot! :woohoo:

ChipnDaleGal
02-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Me too, Carol. :here: Last season really peaked my interest in this show again. :thumbsup:

Me too! It is going to be hard to top the final four from this past season, but I am really anxious to meet this new crop of players.

disneydrmr
02-05-2007, 01:39 PM
We have our office pool going and I drew Mookie. He puts me in mind of Yul (who I had last season! Yeah! He won me $100!) I sure hope Mookie does well! I'm looking forward to it starting! Especially with our local girl from Cincy! It does look like another diverse cast!

MN MINNIE
02-07-2007, 10:55 PM
and we know one of the contestants. Gary Stritesky from Ramsey, MN. His nickname on the island was Papa Smurf, hes one of the 5 top contestants to watch on this seasons show. Read it in a article in MN. Its so weird seeing commercials about it and seeing someone you know on there! Wow! He is a special ed school bus driver and so likeable, hes my DH coworker!!!

scottgr
02-08-2007, 09:15 AM
I am looking forward this season also. The 2 hidden idol should make it really interesting. Maybe it will actually get used at tribal and switch around the whole game. :thumbsup:

Melanie
02-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Does it start for you this week too, Mel? :search:

Yes! :clappy: We'll get it on quick turnaround, 13 hours after you guys. :thumbsup:

JanetMegan
02-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Tonight tonight tonight! Survivor Starts tonight!!

offwego
02-09-2007, 03:49 PM
That "have" camp was really something.

The previews for next week look pretty intense.

Was it just me or did the cast members seem (with two exceptions) to be getting along better then normal?

SBETigg
02-09-2007, 03:54 PM
I couldn't get to know them enough to warm up to any of them yet. Some of them are truly obnoxious. And what is with all the nicknames? Are people intent on taking on new identities out there now? Very odd.

I do like the twist with having the two idols back at the camps instead of on Exile Island. Nice! But the have and have-nots? I'm not sure how that will play out. I'm surprised the Have-nots took it in stride.

disneydrmr
02-09-2007, 04:05 PM
What an interesting start... one person backing out at the last moment. What a shame... they have alternatives.. if they would've just had the notice then someone who WANTED to play could've played... anyway...I know that if I had to go to this Exile Island with all those snakes,well,they'd be carrying me off that island - ick! I agree about the nicknames... are they thinking a new name will extend their 15 minutes of fame? I thought James (Rocky) and those two girls (Erica and Jessica I think) had an alliance?? If you check the website you'll see that all three voted for someone different... Mookie seemed to be the 'ringleader' in getting Jessica booted... with 6 votes total - if that's the case then he's a silent leader since he had no real airtime. I am shocked that they did not boot the 'easy' target of the 'old guy' like they usually do. I do think this will be a good season!

jkj1224
02-09-2007, 04:14 PM
It will be an interesting season I think, I think the motivation of all those snakes would make me do just about anything to keep myself off exhile island...hidden idol clues or not.:blush:

Chrisx2
02-09-2007, 04:15 PM
A good start. Not really crazy about the nicknames. Rocky, Dreamz, Boo, Mookie...:confused:

Yao-Man is great! Watching him open the crate made me laugh. He obviously won't be a serious contender physically but it will interesting to see how long he sticks around. I thought Sylvia was a goner after she took charge of building the camp. Interesting that she had to go to "Snake Island". Eek. She was OK with me until the "askew" conversation with Rocky. If he didn't know what "askew" meant, did she really think he would know "orthagonal"? Crooked, not straight, leaning...all would have worked.

The two camps are an interesting twist. Does ownership of the "good" camp change according to the challenges? I thought that was how this was going to play. Winners get the good camp.

Ian
02-09-2007, 04:59 PM
I liked the first episode ... although this season seems kinda soft? A house? A potty? A kitchen? Food? Fire?

Half the fun of this game is watching them struggle and learn to survive ... they sort of took that away with the Home Depot approach ...

Anyway, I kinda like the cast. They seem a lot more normal than some previous years. This group doesn't look like a bunch of people trying out for acting careers.

Although the nicknames are odd. ;)

sleepingbooty
02-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Oh! I can't believe I missed it! I forgot it was starting last night - does anyone know if they'll be replaying it? They've occasionnally done that on Saturday nights in past seasons. Please, please!

Melanie
02-09-2007, 08:58 PM
I hate the nickname thing!

It was a little much having all the Survivor's in one group to begin with, but my early favorites based on that were Yau Man, Earl and even James. I really expected to not like James. Gary seems like a sweetheart.

sleepingbooty, you can watch the episode on cbs.com. :thumbsup:

marlyn
02-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Yao Man is my fav!! He may look weak, but he is one smart man. Sometimes that is more important to survival than brute strength! I hope he stays on for quite awhile.

GO YAO MAN!

MN MINNIE
02-09-2007, 10:37 PM
I hate the nickname thing!

It was a little much having all the Survivor's in one group to begin with, but my early favorites based on that were Yau Man, Earl and even James. I really expected to not like James. Gary seems like a sweetheart.

sleepingbooty, you can watch the episode on cbs.com. :thumbsup:

In a MN article he is one of the top 5 people to watch, and article also said that he is a too nice of a guy and is hard to vote off. Jeff Probst starts calling him the cool dad. He is my husbands coworker at the school bus company. He is a super nice guy! :fingers:

thrillme
02-13-2007, 05:26 PM
For all those earlier posts on Boston Rob. I loved him. He played the game very well he was very quick, nimble and boy oh boy could he construct an awesome shelter. The "Godfather" perhaps. But hey...it's a game and he played VERY well not once but twice and got one HECK of a pretty prize the second time around.

I soooooo LOVE Yao Mon. I was dying laughing at all the "beefy boys" trying to break open that box. Oh heaven. They threw it on the rock...they threw the rock on it, they pushed it, pulled it then stood around and looked at it dumbly. I just died when Yao Mon took over and "tink tink" he tapped it on the cornor and it literally fell apart. That was so great.

I hope Rita hangs for a while. She's from San Antonio...It's a local "unwritten" law that you gotta support your "homie". But shhhh...Yao Mon's still my favorite :secret:

Right now there are a few I could do without. Dreamz and Erica (she dared to vote against my Yao Mon...she's on my hit list:mad: )

I'm quite annoyed at that one that jumped ship. There are so many of us who would LOVE a chance like that. :mad: :mad: I could understand if there was a family emergency or perhaps a job issue (but you wouldn't accept the deal if there was a job issue early on) but other than that....Shame on them. I'd rather be the first one voted off than to chicken out or walk off.

offwego
02-16-2007, 02:00 PM
pretty dull? what a difference a season makes

ChipnDaleGal
02-16-2007, 02:38 PM
I don't have names down yet, but I like the guy that they sent to Exile Island this episode. He seems like a good guy and he reminds me of Jesse L Martin. :heart:

I hate that one side has that plush camp while the others have nothing. How could they be going for 6 days without a good source of water? How can they hope to beat that other team now? I don't like how it tilts the game so far in the other team's favor. In general I like the group in the bad camp better, but maybe that is my tendancy to root for the underdog. I do think they should have kept Erika and voted out the bossy architect. How quickly they forgot that she saved their buns with her pineapple discovery. :(

Melanie
02-16-2007, 06:05 PM
I don't have names down yet, but I like the guy that they sent to Exile Island this episode. He seems like a good guy and he reminds me of Jesse L Martin. :heart:

That's Earl. I like him too!

jefmblrd
02-18-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm a dedicated Survivor watcher, and I loved last season-thought it was one of the best ever. The jury is still out on this season, but I'll stick with it and hope for the best.

I lke Earl as well; he seems pretty level-headed and someone to keep an eye on. I didn't care for Rocky during the first episode, but he kind of grew on me in the second.

It always amazes me that people keep making the same mistakes on Survivor that have gotten others booted off. One example is Sylivia, the architect, who was bossing everyone around and treating people with an uppity attitude. I know she survived this week, but she's irritated enough people so she's on the very short list to be kicked off soon. Erica, who was booted this week, irritated some of her tribe members with her yelling at the challenge. Those people who call attention to themsleves in ways that grate on other people's nerves tend to get the boot. I guess it's hard to change who you are in that type of situation. I don't know if I could do it.

Here's to what I hope will be a great season.

murphy1
02-18-2007, 02:16 PM
I haven't had a chance to watch. What is your perception of Rita? I'm not sure if they have shown much of her yet. As I said before, I love her brother Nick from Project Runway, so I hope she's as great as him. I think she is competitive since she trains a lot of pageant people from TX and CA.

Melanie
02-19-2007, 07:34 AM
What is your perception of Rita?

Shari, you want to know my honest perception? I don't even know who she is. :shrug: She apparently doesn't stand out to me.

murphy1
02-19-2007, 09:06 AM
That's what I was thinking, she hasn't been shown much, b/c no one has said anything about her. I will probably keep reading here, I keep missing the show! Thanks!

SBETigg
02-19-2007, 01:59 PM
They showed a lot of Rita in the first show. I like her. She was the one they were going to vote off before they went with Jessica instead. Long dark hair, in great shape.

thrillme
02-22-2007, 02:52 PM
I haven't been able to focus in on Rita yet. I know who she is but she hasn't made an impression one way or another. By an "unwritten law" of us Texans...I support her until she does something really stupid (although my heart currently belongs to Yao Mon).

I'm rather glad Erica's gone. She grated on me for some reason I'm not sure why. I wanted her voted out first. Sylvia...I'm really not sure how to take her. Sometimes with some people who are "bossy" they CAN get the hint and if they take the warnings right...they will behave and fly under the radar the next go around. I really didn't catch Erica doing too much "yelling" during the challenge but I have no doubt she did and we just didn't see much. They were really "clumsy" at the end of that challenge. I feel sorry for that team because they are really at a disadvantage food and water wise. It's GOT to be hard competing like that.

Anybody out there got a good way to make fire without flint, matches or a blow torch?:confused:

offwego
02-22-2007, 03:26 PM
I Anybody out there got a good way to make fire without flint, matches or a blow torch?:confused:

A lighter? (sorry I'm having a not enough to do moment and couldn't resist)...seriously I had no idea it was so hard to do..one more reason why you'll never see me out there I guess!!

I haven't had a chance to watch. What is your perception of Rita? I'm not sure if they have shown much of her yet. As I said before, I love her brother Nick from Project Runway, so I hope she's as great as him. I think she is competitive since she trains a lot of pageant people from TX and CA.

I'm also in the can't really remember her week to week yet...hopefully she'll pop up more soon!

DMApixie
02-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Anybody out there got a good way to make fire without flint, matches or a blow torch?:confused:

I remember watching that troubled teen "boot camp" show where they wrapped a shoestring around a stick and spun the stick with the shoestring on top of another piece of wood. It worked for them. :D

ChipnDaleGal
02-23-2007, 05:44 AM
I can't think of one thing I really enjoyed about last night's episode. This season is not coming close to the last one in anyway for me. They better shake those teams up or it will just be the tribe with the comfortable camp left. Poor Papa Smurf. He was the only one last night that I felt any interest in. Things didn't look so good for him again next week.

Melanie
02-23-2007, 08:29 AM
Why would Rita vote for Earl? To prevent a tie?

I was impressed with the girl who made fire.

I do not like Dre! :down:

ChipnDaleGal
02-23-2007, 08:53 AM
I do not like Dre! :down:

Me neither! He was so happy about poor Gary falling and hurting himself. What a caring team mate. :(

SBETigg
02-23-2007, 09:34 AM
I don't like a lot of people. I didn't mind Alex, but he was pretty negative about Gary before the challenge, eager to write him off and move on. Dreamz/Dre is annoying and obnoxious. Mookie has trouble-maker potential. Anthony didn't do any worse than some of his teammates at that last challenge. I did start to like Michelle a lot more last night. I want to get into it and find someone to like, but they're not making it easy.

MNNHFLTX
02-23-2007, 09:53 AM
I want to get into it and find someone to like, but they're not making it easy.
I agree. Usually they have a few personable/interesting people thrown into the mix, but not so much this year (at least that I have seen).

thrillme
02-23-2007, 03:04 PM
I wasn't much interested in Gary until last night. I guess I'm always impressed by people who plug on despite pain and problems. If he does have a broken rib or bruised one there's not much I think they can do but...regardless whether he does or not in the morning he's gonna hurt worse. :pixie: :pixie: to Gary. He's a tough ol' bird who can handle his pig snout.

I think Rita just voted Earl because she KNEW no one else would even consider voting for him and she wouldn't be siding with any one side. I think she's trying to play "nuetral" unfortunately that has been known to KILL survivors in the past.

Melanie
02-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Oh, and can I say that those pig snouts have got to be the most disgusting thing I have ever seen someone have to eat on reality television. And I've watched Fear Factor for years. So disgusting! :sick:

thrillme
02-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Oh, and can I say that those pig snouts have got to be the most disgusting thing I have ever seen someone have to eat on reality television. And I've watched Fear Factor for years. So disgusting! :sick:

Oh no...as a Survivor fan of many years believe me the pig snout was very very tame. (Although still rather icky...but then there's pork rinds and pigs feet and I have no desire to eat those). Fear Factor I've seen some intense challenges that I would have just looked over at my competitor and said...congratulations...YOU WIN...

I had to laugh although when Anthony claimed to be actually "enjoying" it but couldn't swallow it.

sunlyon
02-26-2007, 03:55 PM
It's really hard to pick out people you can root for at the beginning. There are way to many for the camera to focus on anyone in particular unless they stand out in some way.

I know that if I ever thought about going on Survivor, the first thing I would do is take a survival course! I don't know if it against the rules, but basic camping survival through your local Y would be advisable. It's not like this is a new show and no one knows what is going to happen!

Sorry, just needed to let that out!

offwego
03-02-2007, 09:56 AM
What were they thinking going to vote someone out instead? That just seemed odd to me.

I'm still having a hard time thinking this one is as fun as the last one. Also it seems as if you get to see more of only one tribe an episode. I felt the spent more time with Moto this time letting us get to know them a little more.

Momof2boys
03-02-2007, 09:58 AM
I am not into this season at all . . . as a matter of fact the past few seasons have really bummed me. It's all so predictable. But DH still enjoys it so I watch.

Melanie
03-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Oh no...as a Survivor fan of many years believe me the pig snout was very very tame. (Although still rather icky...but then there's pork rinds and pigs feet and I have no desire to eat those). Fear Factor I've seen some intense challenges that I would have just looked over at my competitor and said...congratulations...YOU WIN...

No, I've watched Survivor from the beginning, and to me, that was the worst thing I've ever seen. It's one thing to have it all grinded up, etc. But in it's raw form like that, I was basically gagging at home. That was disgusting!

Tonight's vote was unbelievable. I don't like Lisi at all. I still think it's too early to be thinking "individual" game.

Christine
03-02-2007, 10:40 AM
So far, it has been hard to pick a "favorite" player. I guess as of now, for me, it is Earl.

So will they say what was wrong with Papa Smurf? His blood pressure was fine. Do you think it was blood poisoning from all his bites?

I couldn't believe they opted to vote someone off either. I mean, I know they have become accustomed to the comfort, and they probably accredit it to their strength, but to be that quick and willing to go to Tribal Council was odd.

And I think Lisi is horrible! She is worthless to her tribe and is absolute trash, yet she puts on airs about herself like she's a major kingpin player!

I hope the sneak preview about next week is right (when Alex said not to let those stupid girls mess things up!)

Bye Lisi!!

ChipnDaleGal
03-02-2007, 12:38 PM
I know it is still early, but this season is on track to be one of my least favorite ever - right up there with the ones where Brian and Vecepia won. :ack:

I thought they were foolish to vote someone out to keep that camp. They have been eating so much better than the other tribe that they should still be able to keep hammering them in the competitions. I am also with you guys on Lisi. I think she just spearheaded that vote against that other girl last night because she was jealous of her. Alex seems like a decent guy, but he was in a no win situation with those girls. I hope he turns it on Lisi next week. I think he might be the one I am rooting for at this point.

sunlyon
03-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Something has to happen soon to shake this season up. After all it is getting really BORING watching the well-fed, well-rested, luxury team win. Of COURSE they win, they have had NO CHALLENGE to survive. They are not survivors at all! I do hope this season changes or it will be ho-hum the worst in Survivor history.

I don't know why everyone let Lisi call the shots, I agree that her motivation was probably jealousy. I don't think Dreamz is going to survive long. You don't come back to camp and start stirring things up that people would rather not talk about. It's a guaranteed way to be booted (anyone remember Candace?)

mamacatnv
03-02-2007, 04:53 PM
So will they say what was wrong with Papa Smurf? His blood pressure was fine. Do you think it was blood poisoning from all his bites?
I read an interview with Gary this morning that the problem was a reaction to bug bites, which is what I thought when I saw his legs last night. Per the interview, Gary said he had over 1000 bites. He also said it took about a week and a half for his head to stop spinning.

I was amazed that Moto opted to vote off a member opposed to giving up their comfort. Given their dominance they would have gotten it back in a couple of days, now they just willingly reduced their numbers. I hope it bites them in the you know what.

I too like Earl, his calm demeaner and logic remind me alot of whats his name (brain fade)who won last season.

Ian
03-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Something has to happen soon to shake this season up. After all it is getting really BORING watching the well-fed, well-rested, luxury team win. Of COURSE they win, they have had NO CHALLENGE to survive. They are not survivors at all! I do hope this season changes or it will be ho-hum the worst in Survivor history.Bingo ... I totally agree ...

It's almost getting silly ...

Joeybun
03-05-2007, 10:42 PM
I know it is still early, but this season is on track to be one of my least favorite ever - right up there with the ones where Brian and Vecepia won. :ack:

Brian and Vecepia who? ;)

Seriously, what were they thinking, choosing to go to tribal counsel? I hope ANYONE from the other tribe gets the million bucks. Those cry babies do not deserve it!

Bethis26fan
03-08-2007, 09:11 PM
I was getting sick of this season and tonight (not talking about the show) they said the next new show will be march 21 at 8:00, so I guess survivor just lost out to Bones. Bones is atleast fun to watch. Survivor fiji is almost like work to watch. :(

Carol
03-08-2007, 09:21 PM
It's not on next week due to basketball and on Wednesday the following week for the same reason. Survivor is doing fine in the ratings.

I don't have a problem with this season. I don't like most of the Moto team - but I'm certainly not annoyed with the show - just some of the folk. :thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
03-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Looks like next week we might get the shake up that we are looking for. Hopefully that will make it more interesting. I felt really bad for the black woman (can't remember her name right now) in Moto. The way those other girls were acting was disgusting. She looks so sad and alone, but she did great at both challenges. I hope she is with a nicer group of people after next week.

Ian
03-09-2007, 08:17 AM
I don't necessarily have a problem with the cast this season, it's the way the whole show it's playing out ... it's completely anti-climactic and dumb.

I mean really ... did anyone not know that Moto was going to win reward?? I'm actually surprised Yao was able to win even one round.

The whole thing is just ridiculous. Moto isn't playing Survivor ... I don't know what game they're playing, but when you have a bed, a couch, three sets of fishing gear, a house, a bathroom, food up the kazoo, and just about every other luxury you can think of, I can tell you it isn't Survivor.

I'll be amazed if even one member of Moto leaves (outside of some twists) before the merge.

This season isn't bad ... it's just completely and totally dull.

Carol
03-09-2007, 08:54 AM
I actually liked the "Haves" and the "Have Nots" concept. It just didn't play out as intended because the one team dominated from the get go. They did try to shake it up last week by offering the vote off or lesser camp. That didn't play out either.

It looks like they'll try again next episode and shake things up with a team shuffle and camp switch.

The way those other girls were acting was disgusting.I agree totally. That entire coffee portion of the show was hard to watch. Those 2 girls are just down right mean spirited. I hope it comes back to bite them in their behinds!

Melanie
03-09-2007, 09:10 AM
I agree totally. That entire coffee portion of the show was hard to watch. Those 2 girls are just down right mean spirited. I hope it comes back to bite them in their behinds!

That was just awful! Could that Stacy chick have been any nastier? I'll admit it - I have not a clue how to make coffee in a coffee press. :shrug: I guess that makes me simple.

And the way Dreamz was acting at the reward challenge was terrible as well.

That said, I do think I could like Edgardo and Alex in a different situation. Maybe when things get shaken up a bit???

TooGoofy
03-09-2007, 09:11 AM
I liked what Alex said about "instant karma". He does not like how Lisi and Stacy treat Dreamz and Cassandra...and neither do I. They are just plain mean! I also liked that he was thinking long term. It was so frustrating for him that no one except Edgardo realized what he was trying to say about the numbers.

I wouldn't mind seeing Alex win. The others...no way! On the other team, I really like Earl, Michelle and Yao-Man.

Carol
03-09-2007, 09:18 AM
I have not a clue how to make coffee in a coffee press. :shrug: We'll get a pressed pot at the Kona in October! :cool:

Melanie
03-09-2007, 09:23 AM
We'll get a pressed pot at the Kona in October! :cool:

Do we have to make the coffee? :goof:

offwego
03-09-2007, 10:07 AM
I too was annoyed at the whole coffee attitude. Yeah I know how but I also know most people don't. And letting both dreamz and cassandra have yucky coffee so you can smirk is just not nice.

And frankly it may just serve them right. To bad they can make coffee but can't figure out that the two going over to the other group could cause them problems.

But I'm really hoping the shake up does shake stuff up as it's really been less then interesting to watch compared to other seasons where it seems closer. But I did thought they tried really hard at the matching thing.

Christine
03-09-2007, 10:21 AM
I just keep waiting for the Moto to get knocked off their pedestal! Maybe next episode???

I could not believe Boo came to challenge eating, then sat there picking his teeth! I thought Rocky would start talking to him like he did Dreamz...

Nascfan
03-09-2007, 10:24 AM
From the previews, it looks like we're going to be getting the shakeup everyone is wanting in a couple weeks. I love the switches and tribal shakeups! It's one of the main reasons I watch the show. Invariably, some the the power people become the outsiders looking in and vice versa. It's fun to watch them scramble and see who can really play the outwit part of the game.

Ian
03-09-2007, 10:57 AM
I can't stand Lisi under the best of circumstances, but when her and Stacy were acting like idiots last night I was about ready to choke her. I definitely hope it turns around and bites them both. They deserve it.

But seriously ... how bad did Rocky look like a dolt last night? I mean he ran his mouth ran his mouth ran his mouth and the entire time I'm thinking, "Dreamz is gonna punk him so bad he should just shut up."

On that subject, BOY is Rocky as annoying as anything! I find him to be a disgusting mix of Shayne and early Boston Rob ... just a truly reprehensible, annoying, brash, rude, ignorant individual. I can't believe they've kept him around as long as they have.

Christine
03-09-2007, 11:00 AM
On that subject, BOY is Rocky as annoying as anything! I find him to be a disgusting mix of Shayne and early Boston Rob ... just a truly reprehensible, annoying, brash, rude, ignorant individual. I can't believe they've kept him around as long as they have.

Ian, I am sure if I could understand a single word he says, I would agree! :D

Bethis26fan
03-09-2007, 12:24 PM
The girls bugged me to. I can't stand to see anyone treated that way. I love coffee but I have never used a press either. I would love to see Cassandra beat out both those girls. I think they way they were acting last night was what is turning me off so much to this season. I'm sure I'll watch it in two weeks but I'll tape cause if bones is on, I'll watch it. :) I hope it turns around and bits the haves on their tail ends. :)

thrillme
03-09-2007, 05:25 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Alex win. The others...no way! On the other team, I really like Earl, Michelle and Yao-Man.

Are you reading my mind??? That's pretty much how I see everything too.

My heart is really leaning toward Michelle (and I usually don't care for the girls much). She's always got the sweetest smile regardless of good or bad (reminds me a bit of Circie) and I loved her determination to make fire.

It's certianly an interesting social experiment. I'm really going to be interested in seeing the tribes mixed up. I HOPE to see a number of the "HAVES" living on the "HAVE NOT" beach. Hopefully it wil knock them down off their pedestals a bit.

And I would have had NO idea how to make coffee in a "coffee press". Heck you should see the mess I can make using a REGULAR coffee maker at the office.

d_m_n_n
03-09-2007, 05:44 PM
The whole thing is just ridiculous. Moto isn't playing Survivor ... I don't know what game they're playing, but when you have a bed, a couch, three sets of fishing gear, a house, a bathroom, food up the kazoo, and just about every other luxury you can think of, I can tell you it isn't Survivor.

This season isn't bad ... it's just completely and totally dull.

I totally agree. How many Survivors have we seen that actually gain weight during the season? I've camped in my backyard more primitive then these dingbats are right now. So far (for me) this season is :ack: .

Momof2boys
03-12-2007, 11:00 AM
I hate the predictability in this season . . . I was hoping it was the case (like Apprentice) where whoever would win the challenge would get the Moto camp.

With the previews for next week, I'm hoping things get interesting.

sunlyon
03-12-2007, 02:02 PM
I hate the predictability in this season . . . I was hoping it was the case (like Apprentice) where whoever would win the challenge would get the Moto camp.

I had hoped that too.

Hope next show changes otherwise I'll not be watching the rest of the show

Carol
03-12-2007, 04:59 PM
I hate the predictability in this season . . . I was hoping it was the case where whoever would win the challenge would get the Moto camp.
I'm sure that is how it was supposed to play out - but the other team has not won since they split up into teams. :crazy:

iheartmickey
03-21-2007, 09:05 AM
Can't wait for tonight!

I need my Survivor fix, I've missed it. :(

SBETigg
03-21-2007, 09:09 AM
I'm probably going to miss it tonight, and maybe next week, too! Argh! I'm frustrated. I hate to miss Survivor. Not that I'm really into the cast yet. I'm having trouble getting into this season.

sunlyon
03-22-2007, 08:45 AM
Finally a change! maybe the dynamics will be a little more interesting for the rest of the season.

For me it's a toss up whether Lisi or Rocky is the next to go. Both are irritating. I think Lisi will be the target since she is not part of the "boys club". For the new Ravu I like Alex, Edgardo and Mookie. For the new Moto, Cassandra, Yau-man and Earl. Although I think Earl needs to be careful, a little too centered on what he thinks he can control...

SBETigg
03-22-2007, 08:57 AM
I missed the first half, but Rocky was so obnoxious at tribal council! Even if I had been swayed to vote for Anthony, I would have changed my vote right then. Anthony should have told him that being a woman is still better than being a hot-headed little boy who costs challenges with his emotional tangents and inability to focus. Ugh.

My biggest surprise was how easily they dropped all ties to the former tribe. Usually they stick with their first teammates and try to work it to their advantage. This season's group apparently has no problem with burning bridges, as if they have no idea that they're going to face a jury vote.

As a viewer this season, I feel like a substitute teacher at a middle school, stuck watching a bunch of ill-behaved ruffians but not really caring because at the end of the day, I can walk away, no emotional investment.

offwego
03-22-2007, 11:05 AM
:ditto:

Mind you this was the first time this season I was remotely caught up in what was going on with that tribal council.

But why they voted Anthony after that display by Rocky I have no idea. He was just way way too much.

breezysmom
03-22-2007, 01:03 PM
They voted that way because they "have no backbones" isn't that what Rocky's beef was with Anthony??? I was surprised at the outcome last night it would have been a perfect chance for the season to turn around.....I too am a diehard fan of the show but I am having a hard time with it this season....It seems to be a bit shallow?? Oh well good TV anyway..:cool:

Bethis26fan
03-22-2007, 02:08 PM
I taped it last night and watched it. I used my FF button a lot. I still hope that this season gets better.

Mr. Tom Morrow
03-22-2007, 02:33 PM
I felt so sorry for Anthony, Rocky took that too far. I hope Rocky is next to go.

Bethis26fan
03-22-2007, 04:02 PM
I've never understood why people that play this game think they are going to get anywhere in it by being a jerk.

thrillme
04-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Well ol' Rocky got his "just" desserts anyway. He would have had some power by holding onto Anthony and sticking with Mookie but now...the power is shifting.

I didn't mind Anthony going. He really sort of annoyed me. Rocky...he had a bit of a point in Anthony not having a "backbone" but...the WAY he said it was a bit rough. I'm not sure if he necessarily MEANS to be offensive but it just sounds that way. My DS actually liked Rocky a bit in the beginning but he won't keep his mouth shut.

I loved it when Mookie and the rest of them were making fun of Yao Mon when he tried to throw that dealie bopper...then he actually made it quite successfully. HA HA...the look of shock on their faces was PRICELESS. I do hope Michelle wasn't hurt when she fell off the podeium but I have to admit it was rather commical. She sort of reminded me of a little bird chirping her heart out. It was like she was using everything she had all the way down to her toes and she just vibrated herself right off. (Right now she's one of my favorites). I like Yao Mon too...he's sneaky and Earl seems like a big teddy bear.

Christine
04-06-2007, 12:20 AM
It is so hard to know when it is okay to post about the night's episode...it's hard to know if everyone has seen it already!

So all I will say about tonight is whoa! I hooted and hollered like an idiot at the tv at how totally oblivious Lisi is!!

Tonight was much more like "good old fashioned Survivor" to me!:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
04-06-2007, 05:39 AM
It is so hard to know when it is okay to post about the night's episode...it's hard to know if everyone has seen it already!

So all I will say about tonight is whoa! I hooted and hollered like an idiot at the tv at how totally oblivious Lisi is!!

Tonight was much more like "good old fashioned Survivor" to me!:thumbsup:

It is okay to come in and post as soon as you have watched the show. Anyone that hasn't seen the episode yet and wants to avoid spoilers should not come into the thread until they have watched too.

What a nut job Lisi turned into. I pretty much disliked her from the beginning, but she was "out there" this episode. She must have spent a little too much time alone with the snakes on Exile Island. I have to admit that it has been great fun to watch the team of an older man, three ladies, and Earl whomp on all those young guys! This was the most enjoyable show this season so far for me.

sunlyon
04-06-2007, 06:40 AM
I have to admit that it has been great fun to watch the team of an older man, three ladies, and Earl whomp on all those young guys! This was the most enjoyable show this season so far for me.

I agree with you totally (don't forget Boo)! The guys thought they had it made with all the "brawn" but the challenges have changed to allow for brains and skill to come into play. The merge dynamics should be interesting.

Melanie
04-06-2007, 08:08 AM
I seriously thought Ravu threw that challenge just to get rid of Lisi. Were they actually that horrible? Ed (or was it Alex) was literally shaking and fumbling on that last bow and arrow attempt.

That said, Lisi sure has a lot of room to be calling the others losers. :huh: You're right Donna, she'd been in isolation a bit too long. :crazy:

Ian
04-06-2007, 08:59 AM
This is two weeks in a row I've been very happy about the outcome of the show. The two people who annoyed me most this season were Rocky and Lisi and now they're both gone. :thumbsup:

I'm really loving watching Moto thump Ravu week in and week out. There's not really anyone on Ravu I like.

jedigrrrl
04-06-2007, 09:32 AM
YAU MAN is the best!! Do any of you think he has an actual chance of winning?!? He's awesome at camp, awesome in challenges, and everyone loves him. He is such a sweetie. And when he was digging for the idol I almost fell over laughing.

Lisi=ridiculous

Bethis26fan
04-06-2007, 09:57 AM
This is two weeks in a row I've been very happy about the outcome of the show. The two people who annoyed me most this season were Rocky and Lisi and now they're both gone. :thumbsup:

I'm really loving watching Moto thump Ravu week in and week out. There's not really anyone on Ravu I like.

i agree

d_m_n_n
04-06-2007, 11:56 AM
FINALLY this show is coming around and getting a little more interesting. Michelle and Yau Man on Moto and Alex on Ravu are my favorites to win.

I am soooooooooooo glad they finally got rid of Lisi. Sitting there talking about a bunch of losers???? Uh, hello, you're on the tribe too! :thedolls: There's something about indecisiveness that drives me insane and she is the queen! I loved when Dreamz pegged her at Tribal Council on whether or not she wanted to be there.

Here's hoping to a good ending on a slow-moving season! :beer:

SBETigg
04-06-2007, 02:05 PM
It is getting a little better, and I love that they are promising a twist for next week. And that Lisi is gone! She wasn't coming off as being very nice or very bright, but I'm sure "it was the editing." :D

Christine
04-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Did anyone else just scream out loud with delight when Lisi woke up and caught Mookie messing with the dirt, and she says in her interview, "You have to wake up pretty early in the morning to fool this old cat!"

I was just laughing my fool head off!

Nascfan
04-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Did anyone else just scream out loud with delight when Lisi woke up and caught Mookie messing with the dirt, and she says in her interview, "You have to wake up pretty early in the morning to fool this old cat!"

That was SO FUNNY!

I'm so glad both she and Rocky are gone. They should get along reeeeeeal well at the hotel or whereever they stay, huh?

They both claimed to be on a tribe of losers...uh, did either of them ever look in a mirror? Talk about "L"osers!

Ian
04-06-2007, 06:18 PM
...uh, did either of them ever look in a mirror?Come now ... I think it's fairly clear that neither one of them has ever looked in a mirror. ;)

NJDad
04-07-2007, 07:21 AM

I saw that and said, "It's scripted!" Too funny.

thrillme
04-09-2007, 04:10 PM
I was ready to ditch Lisi way back when she was slamming Gary for getting sick. She was so RUDE and insensitive.

I can't stand anyone who doesn't want to be there. Or is "not sure". What a FABULOUS opportunity to "try". It's only for 39 days. Good grief. You're there and there are MILLIONS of people who don't get the chance to experience any of that. I'm sooo glad she's gone.

I love Yao Mon. He is soooo slick. I think he has a VERY good chance. I also love Michelle. I'd love for someone to find Yao Mon's "sneaky" idol.

I'm so proud of Yao Mon really pulling through and making Mookie and all his laughing tribe mates drop their jaws in the sand. He really slammed them last week. Surprised ol' Jeff too.

Carol
04-09-2007, 06:29 PM
I'd love for someone to find Yao Mon's "sneaky" idol.
Me too. We laughed so hard watching him plot and plan his 'fake idol'. That was/is so funny. :laughing:

d_m_n_n
04-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Me too. We laughed so hard watching him plot and plan his 'fake idol'. That was/is so funny. :laughing:

That was a riot. His facial expressions get me rolling every time. I have to say it was genius on his part to do that. I would feel like such an idiot if I thought I found the idol to realize I'd been duped! :blush:

GO YAO MAN AND MICHELLE!!!

Diznee4Me
04-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Yao Man was great this week wasn't he?! The whole family thought it was hilarious when he beat the guys from the other tribe! :D I really like Yao Man and also Earl - I'm hoping one of them makes it. :thumbsup:

Ian
04-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Does anyone besides me find it really strange that, shortly after agreeing they needed to get rid of Stacy, they went and voted out Michelle? :confused:

ChipnDaleGal
04-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Yes, Ian, I do think that is strange. I understand why Alex wanted to keep her, but Dreamz was dumb not to vote for Stacy. And it looks like Mookie is going to point that out to him rather vigarously next week. Stacey voted for Michelle too. Right after she had that talk about sticking together. I liked Michelle. I would have liked to see her go farther. I am sure Earl will be disappointed when he sees her gone.

I did think it was an interesting turn that only half the tribe went to council. They need to do more things like that. And I liked that they didn't give them a chance to talk it out, although Jeff kind of defeated that purpose by giving Alex the opportunity to tell the others how to vote. Seems like Jeff is not such an impartial entity anymore. He really stirs the pot both at the challenges and at Tribal. But I enjoy that so much more when it knocks someone off that I wanted to go. :D

offwego
04-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Does anyone besides me find it really strange that, shortly after agreeing they needed to get rid of Stacy, they went and voted out Michelle? :confused: Me three!!

Yes, Ian, I do think that is strange. I understand why Alex wanted to keep her, but Dreamz was dumb not to vote for Stacy. And it looks like Mookie is going to point that out to him rather vigarously next week. Stacey voted for Michelle too. Right after she had that talk about sticking together. I liked Michelle. I would have liked to see her go farther. I am sure Earl will be disappointed when he sees her gone.

I did think it was an interesting turn that only half the tribe went to council. They need to do more things like that. And I liked that they didn't give them a chance to talk it out, although Jeff kind of defeated that purpose by giving Alex the opportunity to tell the others how to vote. Seems like Jeff is not such an impartial entity anymore. He really stirs the pot both at the challenges and at Tribal. But I enjoy that so much more when it knocks someone off that I wanted to go. :D

I agree Jeff really seems to want to make it happen a little more this year. Do you think it's because it's been well duller then usual?

Did anyone else also question what Mookie was thinking telling Dreamz? It's not like Dreamz hasn't demonstrated that's he's not the most strategic person already.

And does anyone else think it's not fair we won't ever get the twist of the fake idol coming into it?

thrillme
04-13-2007, 11:48 AM
I didn't think it was strange at all. PAINFULLY disappointing YES. I LOVED Michelle.

Stacy was a member of the original Moto tribe Michelle was really the "odd man out". Mookie has the idol in his hands (for so they know...I'm not sure if it's the real one or not. I haven't seen it). Mookie has fairly well bonded with the rest of the guys. So Michelle just didn't have a chance to fit in. Dreamz is hoping his old tribe will reunite and stick together so he trying to cut the numbers. What I don't think he's counting on is that I think Earl is winning over Cassandra.

That was rough. Stacy jumped in and started making alliances with her old tribe. Michelle had her dedicated alliances and all was well then the twist. They knew she was the most dangerous to them. Mookie had a good plan to hold on to Dreamz, Michelle and then bond with Earl, Yao Mon and Cassandra but...he was betrayed.

Poor Michelle. I was REALLY wanting to see her through the end. She has been my most favorite girl in a LOOOONNNGGGG time and we KNEW she'd be able to make fire in the end :D

There was one season where they were able to win back someone who was voted out. I didn't like who the voted back in but I will hold hope that "maybe" they can do something for Michelle. Ratz...

Christine
04-13-2007, 09:45 PM
I was so happy watching last night...my jaw actually dropped and I talked out to the TV at one point! That has not happened in a LONG time in Survivor! I hope they keep :stir: it up!

Bethis26fan
04-14-2007, 10:49 AM
It was a really good show. It had some of the best twist in a long time.

d_m_n_n
04-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Dreamz is an absolute IDIOT!!! I cannot believe he voted for Michelle tonight. HE NEEDS TO GO!!! I don't know what in the world mookie was thinking when he opened his trap about the immunity idol to him. He needs to go as well. It may have been the editing, but why did Jeff sit there and let Alex tell everyone who to vote for??? What was the point of not letting them discuss it?
:thedolls: :thedolls: :thedolls: :thedolls: :thedolls: :thedolls: :thedolls:

DOWN WITH DREAMZ!!!

jedigrrrl
04-19-2007, 09:03 PM
BEST. VOTE. EVER!:rotfl:

Christine
04-19-2007, 09:10 PM
That was UNREAL!!!! I cannot believe what happened tonight!!! This may turn out to be one of the most twisted Survivors ever!:number1:

d_m_n_n
04-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Absolutely AMAZING!!! The look on their (Alex, Mookie and Edguardo)faces was priceless. Their little pearly-whites sparkling in the light of the fire and then BAM! :thedolls: Woohoo! :D

I'm afraid it is going to backfire for my man Yao Man next week though. I missed Michelle this week. When she walked in as a member of the jury, my heart sank. She is by far my favorite survivor in a LONG time. :(

Bethis26fan
04-20-2007, 07:40 AM
That was a really good show. They have the outwit part down. :) Next week my ****.

Melanie
04-20-2007, 08:43 AM
That was GREAT! Loved it, loved it, loved it. I was so scared it wasn't going to play out, but it turned out to be one of those really satisfying tribal councils. And Jeff didn't seem to want to stir things up too much before the vote. He's been really, really mischievious like that this year.

Maybe I've missed something along the way, but can someone tell me what everyone has against Boo anyway? I don't get it. :shrug:

Christine
04-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Maybe I've missed something along the way, but can someone tell me what everyone has against Boo anyway? I don't get it. :shrug:

That is an excellent question...I have no idea! I haven't seen or heard him do anything offensive nor have I seen him betray anyone.

Maybe he just doesn't 'fit in'. :shrug: :confused:

Ian
04-20-2007, 09:18 AM
I've been wondering that about Boo, myself. Although it seems like, based on the results of the reward challenge, that Stacy is the one everyone dislikes the most now.

Anyway, yes ... probably the best tribal council in Survivor history. I, like Mel, kept worrying that something was going to go wrong, but when it played out as planned I was laughing hysterically.

I don't know what it is about Mookie, but I really don't like him. I was really hoping they voted him out after he gave the immunity idol away so he'd get booted in one of the greatest Survivor twists of fate ever.

Anyway ... go Yao!!

offwego
04-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Yep a very very good episode (at least for this season).

Dreamz is still really confusing me though I mean doesn't he think (and it doesn't seem so from the previews) that they can count votes and figure out he voted for Mookie? I mean really...that was weird.

TheDuckRocks
04-20-2007, 10:13 AM
YEE-HAW!!! Finally, finally something to get excited about this season. Other than Yao Man this has got to be the dullest group of Survivors ever.
When is it going to dawn on this largely dumber than dirt crowd that Dreamz is not to be trusted in any way, shape or form?
I sure do hope this doesn't come back to do in Yao Man next week, if they steal the immunity idol from him.

thrillme
04-20-2007, 12:09 PM
I loved how the "Mookie" group was all smiles then Eduardo's name started coming up smiles faded and passed on to Yao Mon and Earl's group. I love the twist when Alex used the idol and didn't need it and Jeff said it would be re-hidden. SUPER COOL.

I don't think anybody's against Boo but when the tribes shifted around...he felt a bit out in left field and he was "isolating" himself. I think overall his new tribe was pretty warm and he eventually started blending in a bit better but some still don't completely trust which way his alliances stand.

Bravo Cassandra for answering every question right! It shows she's been watching and listening quite well.

This Survivor is twisting the people around so much that all their alliances and strategies are getting screwed up as quickly as they can make them. Also...none of them are really really trustworthy. They ALL want to win!!!:thumbsup:

TiggeRia
04-20-2007, 01:16 PM
That was a riot last night! My family must have thought I was nuts because I was laughing out loud. I'm really pulling for Yao-Mon but I'm a bit worried for him now from watching the previews for next week. I hope he wins immunity again!

sunlyon
04-20-2007, 02:55 PM
I love watching the "grand plans" fall apart. They played that so perfectly I didn't have to yell at the screen to have them vote smart! Too many times in too many Survivors there have been those votes that make me scream (like when they "saved" Amber only to have her go on to win the million!)

Loved it! Finally Survivors that understand strategy.

Donald Duck
04-20-2007, 03:55 PM
How did Alex, Mookie and Edguardo know they were going to vote out Alex ?

ChipnDaleGal
04-20-2007, 04:12 PM
How did Alex, Mookie and Edguardo know they were going to vote out Alex ?

I think Dreamz told them. And they thought he was in their Four Horseman group so they trusted him.

jedigrrrl
04-21-2007, 11:58 AM

My Husband asked the exact same thing during the show! Either these people are crazy or the show(editors) isn't showing us something that the contestants see....

NJDad
04-22-2007, 06:37 AM
My Husband asked the exact same thing during the show! Either these people are crazy or the show(editors) isn't showing us something that the contestants see....

Maybe in an upcoming episode, Boo's negatives will be prominently featured, then we'll know he's going out at tribal.

Melanie
04-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Maybe in an upcoming episode, Boo's negatives will be prominently featured, then we'll know he's going out at tribal.

There's got to be something we aren't seeing. I would have voted Dreamz 100 times over for the person I wouldn't want to bring home to dinner. I was shocked the answer was Boo.

thrillme
04-24-2007, 03:54 PM
I know Dreamz told them that he saw Mookie pass the idol to Alex. I believe that's when they concocted a scheme to hold to the conviction that they were going to go for Alex when they really started scheming Eduardo. They wanted to bring the idol OUT.

Christine
04-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Wow! Another great episode last night!

But Alex said he was going down in a blaze of glory...that he was going to call everyone out and stir up some trouble. Where was that?

I was waiting for him to (either back at camp or at council) to say something like, "Hey Boo, Cassandra, Staci...did you all know Yao has the idol???"

I know Boo was not happy that his alliance sent him to exile...hope he understands it was probably just so Mookie couldn't get a clue to the idol.

I think next week looks really interesting...can't wait!

Melanie
04-27-2007, 08:53 AM
I am so glad Mookie got the boot. The last few episodes, he has really come off as a first class jerk! He was really irritating me last night in the reward challenge getting upset with Yao about not getting the balls to him. I was glad they lost!

And Alex voted for Mookie - classic!

ChipnDaleGal
04-27-2007, 10:50 AM
I was also glad to see Mookie go. I didn't like how he was acting in that reward challenge either. It looked like he ordering Yao around. Alex was so smart to vote for Mookie. That saved him for another week. I will be curious to see if he is able to get the 6 to break into two groups of 3 and be the swing vote. I am hoping that Yao can hold on and win this season. It would be great to see an older individual win. He has played so smart, and he is good at a lot of the challenges as well, and he is so likeable too.

Bethis26fan
04-27-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm glad mookie is gone as well.

I do think that Earl, Yao, & Cassandra have to watch close to make sure they don't rub anyone the wrong way or their group of six will become a group of 4 to their 3. I would like any of those 3 to win.

thrillme
04-27-2007, 02:05 PM
That was so cheezy what they did going through Yao Mon's stuff. :mad: Desperate or not. There has to be SOME level of "trust".

I'm glad they went can them. I really don't see why they would have any bad feelings toward Yao Mon for finding the idol. He and Earl found it fair and square and I believe they do have the intention to share it between the two of them.

Alex stabbing Mookie. SWEET. Personally I think they should have gone to get "Alex" out. But it was Mookie's time. I grew "annoyed" at Mookie but at the same time I think Mookie actually "learned" a lot of "lessons" about people. You could tell by his facial expressions. I think Yao Mon really could have been a good "father figure" to him.

I can't believe they actually believed they were going to "blackmail" him and get away with it. Amazing.

I love it. Yao Mon isn't by far the strongest or the "cleverest". He just "looks for the straightest arrow".

K

sunlyon
04-27-2007, 02:08 PM
I liked Mookie and Alex at the beginning of the season, but after searching through Yao's private belongings I lost a LOT of respect for either of them. I know this is a game and everything is fair play, however I do believe everyone has the right to a little privacy. (IMHO:blush:)

Mookie didn't seem to understand that Alex had voted for him! Maybe it will dawn on him by the next tribal council!

Christine
04-27-2007, 07:11 PM
See, to me, going through Yao's bag was not any bigger of a deal then when (who was it, Rupert?) or whomever stole the other tribe's shoes.
To see if he had it for strategy when their backs are against the wall is just them trying to save their skins a minute longer. Now had they STOLEN it and used it...boy that would be harsh!

Mousefever
04-27-2007, 07:23 PM
From the previews for next week, it sounds as though Boo annoys people because he talks excessively. Although it wasn't highlighted in previous episodes, I think that there will be a lot of video of Boo talking next Thursday.

I don't like arrogant people. And it certainly seemed like the Four Horseman fit that desciption until Edguardo was voted off. This week I give some grudging respect to Alex for voting Mookie out. That was a smart move. I think he's going to be humbly kissing up to people next week and I'm interested to see whether he can pull something off.

:dory:

Beast_fanatic
04-27-2007, 11:29 PM
No comments about the noise that Boo's knee made? It gave me shudders!

Bethis26fan
04-28-2007, 12:18 AM
No comments about the noise that Boo's knee made? It gave me shudders!

Yea that was bad. I went eww w/ them.

SBETigg
04-28-2007, 03:43 PM
I don't think Alex is likable at all. Smart, perhaps, though not smart enough to have kept himself from sinking to low man at camp. I don't know why he was thinking people would be upset at Yau Man for hiding the idol vs upset with Mookie and Alex for going through people's personal items. His whole "I'm not going down without raising some heck" attitude was contemptible, too. Early on, he sneered at Gary's weakness as hurting the team, though Gary outperformed him in the challenge the same week. And now he voted against his one ally, showing himself to be disloyal among other things. Not that I liked Mookie, either.

With Alex, I have not seen much to like. Edgardo, I liked (but getting rid of him was brilliant). I have a feeling Alex may yet work a plan to win, which will make it a disappointing season to me. More disappointing if Dreamz actually wins. I'm pulling for Yau-Man or Earl.

Ian
04-28-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm so glad Mookie is gone. He and Alex were getting on my nerves big time. They were acting like 2 year olds with that, "We're going down in flames ... " stuff.

Hopefully Alex goes next. He annoys me.

d_m_n_n
04-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Has anyone seen any interviews with Mookie since he got kicked off? Usually I try to watch the news to hear any comments, but missed it this week.

Personally, I am glad Mookie is gone. What a J-E-R-K! I laughed when their "plan" to out the idol to the rest of the team backfired! Granted, everyone knows he has it, but hopefully Yao won't need to use it for a while! I am ashamed to admit that I actually liked Alex for a while, but his attorney side (no offense to any Intercotee Attorneys) is starting to show. Hopefully he will be the next to go!!! :thedolls:

magicofdisney
04-29-2007, 01:44 PM
See, to me, going through Yao's bag was not any bigger of a deal then when (who was it, Rupert?) or whomever stole the other tribe's shoes.
To see if he had it for strategy when their backs are against the wall is just them trying to save their skins a minute longer. Now had they STOLEN it and used it...boy that would be harsh!
I was actually surprised they didn't steal it.

Bethis26fan
04-30-2007, 09:46 PM
I saw a preview saying there are only 3 left for this season, on one flash it showed Earl saying he was voting Yao tonight.

Melanie
05-01-2007, 01:11 AM
I saw a preview saying there are only 3 left for this season, on one flash it showed Earl saying he was voting Yao tonight.

I'm confused. 3 what left?

NJDad
05-01-2007, 06:01 AM
Episodes. It's May, time for season finales.

Bethis26fan
05-01-2007, 07:33 AM
yea episodes sorry :crazy:

Christine
05-10-2007, 10:26 PM
I can't believe this season ends Sunday! Right when it was getting good!!!

I can't even believe what I saw tonight....

All I can say is I would TOTALLY stink at this game b/c I trust everyone and could never imagine anyone stabbing me in the back.

I'm glad Yao was able to key in on the mood at camp.

Ian
05-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Yipes! I actually was shouting at the screen last night, "PLAY THE IDOL, YAO!!! PLAY THE IDOL!!!"

That was close :scared:

It will be interesting to see how it plays out now, although Yao seems to be pretty even keeled. I think he'll take it all in stride. What will be really interesting, though, will be to see what happens with the second Idol that Earl has.

Did anyone besides me think it was just a tad cheesy for Dreamz to turn on Yao immediately following the dude giving him like $50,000 truck? :shake:

Carol
05-11-2007, 07:57 AM
I guess I'm in the minority but I was actually hoping it worked. There is just something about Yau that doesn't sit right with me - hasn't from the beginning. :shrug:

JanetMegan
05-11-2007, 08:56 AM
See now I'm the opposite at this point. I was watching last night and decided I don't think I have ever seen someone more deserving of winning this game right now than Yau Man. He's tough, smart, has good outdoors skills, etc. He has so earned the million in my eyes. I hope he wins!! :secret:

offwego
05-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Yipes! I actually was shouting at the screen last night, "PLAY THE IDOL, YAO!!! PLAY THE IDOL!!!"

That was close :scared:

It will be interesting to see how it plays out now, although Yao seems to be pretty even keeled. I think he'll take it all in stride. What will be really interesting, though, will be to see what happens with the second Idol that Earl has.

Did anyone besides me think it was just a tad cheesy for Dreamz to turn on Yao immediately following the dude giving him like $50,000 truck? :shake:
:ditto:

I guess I'm in the minority but I was actually hoping it worked. There is just something about Yau that doesn't sit right with me - hasn't from the beginning. :shrug:
I hear you Carol but he's been a great "player" and in some way's more honest than many (ie saying straight out to Cassandra he was not confident re Dreamz because Cassandra and Dreamz were so close etc). And he's been (mostly) pretty competitivein the challenges as well as the mental stuff. He's just not very funny, in the way say Earl can smile and laugh more or some of the other good players have been in terms of relaxing moments. He's always always playing.

Ian
05-11-2007, 09:16 AM
I guess I'm in the minority but I was actually hoping it worked. There is just something about Yau that doesn't sit right with me - hasn't from the beginning. :shrug:Carol! I'm shocked ... you and I are normally sympatico on reality T.V.!

Although I sort of know what you mean ... at times he rubs me the wrong way a bit (I think he's a little arrogant?), but I also agree with Janet when she says ......

... I don't think I have ever seen someone more deserving of winning this game right now than Yau Man. He's tough, smart, has good outdoors skills, etc. He has so earned the million in my eyes. I hope he wins!! :secret::ditto:

Melanie
05-11-2007, 09:19 AM
Yeah, I'm rooting for Yau as well. He's played smart, IMO. He picked right up on those bad vibes. The editing cracks me up. I'm sure Yau reached right for that Idol when prompted by Jeff. :search:

Has there ever been 5 survivors remaining going into a finale? I thought it's always been 4 in the past. ????

TheDuckRocks
05-11-2007, 10:02 AM

A little cheesy..... I'd say a whole lot cheesy and very. very ungrateful.

It's probably just me but I think Yau Man really wanted to do something nice for Dreamz as much as he wanted to make a deal.

Ian
05-11-2007, 10:10 AM
It's probably just me but I think Yau Man really wanted to do something nice for Dreamz as much as he wanted to make a deal.I don't think it's just you. He sounded genuinely pleased when he said, "That's the nicest thing I've ever been able to give someone."

SBETigg
05-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Do you think we'll have another Final Three situation, vs Final Two? I don't like that as much. I like Yau Man and Earl for the win. Cassandra, not my favorite. I'm afraid Dreamz is going to win, and while he may need the money (as they flashed on him talking about his poverty in the very first show), I don't think he has been a very good player. I think he has been lucky, not smart or crafty. I have no faith in him keeping his bargain if it comes to that.

I predict that Boo and Yau Man could be the next two to go. I hope I'm wrong! I don't mind Boo, but I can't see him winning it. I would like to see Earl and Yau Man take Boo in as a third to oust Cassandra and Dreamz.

ChipnDaleGal
05-11-2007, 10:40 AM
I really hope that Yao and Earl can hang on and both end up in the final with one of them winning. I would prefer Yao, but would not be unhappy at all if Earl won. I really hope Dreamz is next to go. I just don't like him and I don't think he is still in the running for any other reason than luck. He is the only one left that would upset me to win.

One a side note, something about Yao makes me automatically think of Yoda. Cute, little old guy that is wise, funny and lethal if you turn your back on him!! :yoda:

sunlyon
05-11-2007, 01:39 PM
I really hope that Yao and Earl can hang on and both end up in the final with one of them winning. I would prefer Yao, but would not be unhappy at all if Earl won. I really hope Dreamz is next to go. I just don't like him and I don't think he is still in the running for any other reason than luck. He is the only one left that would upset me to win.

One a side note, something about Yao makes me automatically think of Yoda. Cute, little old guy that is wise, funny and lethal if you turn your back on him!! :yoda:

:ditto: I couldn't have said it better. I love Yao-man, just when you think it's all over for him, he's back! He's a kinder, gentler version of Cao Boi and not so annoying.

Dreamz needs to go, there is no gratitude in his soul. Yao did a great thing for him and the next thing you know... "gotta vote out Yao so I don't have to keep my word! If he's not there, I don't have to give up immunity!" :ack:

WEDTOPIA
05-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Hands down ,Yao Man is the coolest competitor this show has ever had. Like Ian ,my wife and I were screaming at Yao to play the idol. Stacy was a real dope when she clued him in ,saying that it may be a split vote. But, I'm glad she did. What an over-achiever this guy is. Love it !

I also agree that Yao and Earl deserve to go head to head in the final 2. To me , that would be the most honorable pairing , ever.

Can't wait until Sunday ! Go Yao !

:mickey:

BrowncatP
05-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Yau-man and Earl in the final. That is who I want to see. I never thought of Yau as Yoda, but now I will.:yoda:

DisneyPrincess01
05-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Last episode was definitly crazy! It kept me on my toes. I have no idea what is going to happen next. I really like Yao Man a lot. I hope he wins!

Belle--86
05-12-2007, 11:31 PM
I agree Thursdays episode was crazy-- I hope Yau-man wins. I can,t wait for the final episode tonight.

Lacy
05-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Happy Survivor Finale Day!

I don't think I would be upset with any of the remaining players winning. But I would like to see Earl and Yau in the final two!

Nini
05-13-2007, 11:49 PM
Well!! With the three that were left, I wasn't unhappy that Earl won, but does anyone else think Dreamz got off way too easy? My mouth was hanging open for a good minute after he said he was going to keep immunity. I don't think they should have let it be explained away by "just playing the game". You still have to have some integrity. I guess his "punishment" was getting no votes, but still.....I was very disappointed in him!!

I wish Yau-Man would have won.

Denise :mickey:

NJDad
05-14-2007, 06:26 AM
Yeah, that was his punishment. He ended up with the same thing he would have had if he had kept his promise-no million bucks and a truck. Except for the lost honor, whatever that's worth.

SBETigg
05-14-2007, 07:13 AM
I thought it was a disappointing final three, but a great final outcome. Earl was one of my favorites from the start. The tribal councils were fantastic. I loved that the jury was so vocal and that Cassandra and Dreamz didn't get any votes. Ha! Earl's argument that he worked to make something of himself but still needed the money was very well done.

Ian
05-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Well, I really wanted Yao to win but he made a pretty critical mistake trusting Dreamz. All along Dreamz was the guy about whom everyone kept saying, "I don't know if we can trust him."

I'm not sure why Yao all of a sudden decided to take him at his word.

I don't care what anyone says, though ... I think what Dreamz did was slimy. At the very least he should have given the truck back, but he kept it??? That's low.

But really I like Earl and thought he played a good game, so I was cool with him winning. Aside from Yao, he would have been my second choice.

ChipnDaleGal
05-14-2007, 07:18 AM
I was sad that Yao didn't make it to the end, but Earl was deserving of the million. I love it when a nice guy wins.

I can understand the conflict Dreamz felt, even though I didn't enjoy him on the show. I wonder if it would have gone better for him with the jury had he given the truck back to Yao and said he just couldn't pass up the shot at a million? He sure does talk himself in circles without really saying anything. All things said and done, this season was okay. Not my favorite overall Survivor, but I did like the way they changed things up a little. I will miss it as part of my Thursday night routine.

JanetMegan
05-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Personally, I was PEEVED. I actually turned it off after Dreamz went back on his word. We pleased to hear Earl won this morning, but man, was I mad ;)

Diznee4Me
05-14-2007, 07:57 AM
I really liked both Yau and Earl and I am glad Earl won. Dreamz IMHO was just slimy. OK it's a game but to "swear to God" and then back out of the deal. That some bad karma.

How about "Pirate Master?: It looks like it could be brain candy.

SBETigg
05-14-2007, 08:08 AM
I really liked both Yau and Earl and I am glad Earl won. Dreamz IMHO was just slimy. OK it's a game but to "swear to God" and then back out of the deal. That some bad karma.

How about "Pirate Master?: It looks like it could be brain candy.

I liked that when Jeff asked Earl what he would have done if he were in Dreamz's place, Earl said he wouldn't have been in that place. To take the truck in the first place was foolish, and add dishonest if he meant to go back on his word all along.

I'll be watching Pirate Master. Looks like fun.

d_m_n_n
05-14-2007, 08:10 AM
I don't care what anyone says, though ... I think what Dreamz did was slimy. At the very least he should have given the truck back, but he kept it??? That's low.

But really I like Earl and thought he played a good game, so I was cool with him winning. Aside from Yao, he would have been my second choice.

Totally agree. The least Dreamz could have done was offer to return it to Yao (OFFER!! Yao is a class act and would have told him to keep it anyway!). But in the end, he'll get what he deserves.

I was sick when Yao was voted out, but ok with Earl winning. The reunion was :sick: that they kept talking to Dreamz. That man is an idiot. :thedolls: I got to the point if I saw his lips yapping, I was FF! Thank god for TIVO!!

Well, here's :beer: :beer: to Survivor; China. It's nice to get a change of scenery (not that I don't love the tropics) and learn about different cultures.

Stich8818
05-14-2007, 08:37 AM
I told my wife that Dreamz had no intention of giving Yau that immunity. If he had that intention of giving Yau that necklace Dreamz would have either A: Taken the fall off the plank when Yau and he was left. B: Right after the challege Deamz could have gave it too him. There was no way he was giving that up. I just coulnt belive after all his actions that he thought he would have a chance to get to the million. I'm glad earl won even though I would have rather seen Yau win it. And not to mention..Did it seem like that has been the best mad jury since All-Stars..?

Carol
05-14-2007, 08:59 AM
I told my wife that Dreamz had no intention of giving Yau that immunity. If he had that intention of giving Yau that necklace Dreamz would have either A: Taken the fall off the plank when Yau and he was left. B: Right after the challege Deamz could have gave it too him. There was no way he was giving that up. I just coulnt belive after all his actions that he thought he would have a chance to get to the million. I'm glad earl won even though I would have rather seen Yau win it. And not to mention..Did it seem like that has been the best mad jury since All-Stars..?Exactly. It's a game for a million dollars.

Out play, Out wit - Out last.

When will people learn not to trust anyone? Yau was responsible for losing the million - no one else. :rolleyes: I didn't care for Dreamz - but he was right - it's Survivor not the 'real world'.

I thought the entire jury segment was ridiculous. Talk about sour grapes. :unsure:

I'm glad Earl won. He did the right thing voting off Yau. Obviously Yau thought so too since he voted for him to win.

Ian
05-14-2007, 09:10 AM
I thought the entire jury segment was ridiculous. Talk about sour grapes. :unsure:I used that same phrase. I don't ever remember seeing a group on the jury that was as bitter and nasty as that group was.

Although, I really disliked the vast majority of this years participants. Outside of Earl and Yao, I found the rest of them to be a pretty spoiled and whiny bunch. I especially thought Alex came off looking like an idiot. He was ranting and raving, trying to act all lawyerly, but he just ended up sounding angry and stupid because he didn't make any sense!

And did anyone besides me see any irony in the fact that Lisie, who basically quit the game because she couldn't hack it, got up there and started laying into people? She was another class act. :rolleyes:

The one other thing I'll say about Dreamz is that, if he honestly had no intention of keeping his word, then he shouldn't have accepted the truck. I agree that it's a game and anything goes, but that's over the line IMO. He basically stole the truck from Yao. And the thing is, by accepting the truck, he pretty much guaranteed himself he wouldn't win. There was NO WAY anyone was going to vote for him to win the million after he backstabbed the most popular person on the island. The only thing he could do was turn down the truck and let the chips fall where they may or keep his bargain and hope people respected him enough for it to keep him around. The bottom line is I think Dreamz is pretty stupid and he really had no idea what he was doing, despite claiming that he did. I knew as soon as he didn't let Yao win the challenge that he wasn't going to keep his word. And I wasn't surprised a bit.

This season had one of the least appealing casts that I can remember. For a cast driven show, I really hope they do a better job of picking some better human beings next time around.

Carol
05-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Touché', Ian. Lisi grated on my last nerve. :bang:

I agree. Dreamz should have told Jeff he was keeping the necklace and giving back the truck - since there was no deal.

He doesn't even have a driver's license. He'll end up with $80+ grand for finishing second/third (not sure how they'll divvy up the second and third place prize money since Earl won 9/0). That will be life changing for him without keeping something he reneged on.

Melanie
05-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Alex makes me sick.

I'm glad Earl won. I liked him early on.

Yeah, after such a high last season, this season has been kinda blah, but I will miss it.

Ian
05-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Alex makes me sick.Me too, Mel. He seems to me like a big, spoiled baby.

I actually disliked him and his entire alliance. I thought they were all obnoxious, rude, spoiled, and not very good players at that. For being the so-called alpha males of the bunch they sure didn't win many challenges did they?

Does anyone know where there's a list of who won what challenges? I'd be curious to see who took home the most immunities, rewards, etc.

Melanie
05-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Does anyone know where there's a list of who won what challenges? I'd be curious to see who took home the most immunities, rewards, etc.

Those stats have always been listed on CBS.com in the past. I can't confirm right now though, since I might see a spoiler on who won TAR (we are a couple weeks behind). ;)

TheDuckRocks
05-14-2007, 10:21 AM
First... congratulations to Earl for his win, he and Yau were my favorites from day one.:thumbsup:

Second... Dreamz is POND SCUM!:mad: In our family that title is bestowed on the lowest of the low. If as he said he never had any intention of giving up the immunity necklace, he never, never should have accepted the truck. What goes around does come around in this life and he will continue to find that life will be hard for him. But I'm sure he will put the blame on everyone else around him as he tried to do with his reasons for his actions during this game.

I actually disliked him and his entire alliance. I thought they were all obnoxious, rude, spoiled, and not very good players at that. For being the so-called alpha males of the bunch they sure didn't win many challenges did they?

We had been muttering those thoughts for weeks around our house.

This season had one of the least appealing casts that I can remember. For a cast driven show, I really hope they do a better job of picking some better human beings next time around.

I think they pick some of these low lifes on purpose, with the excuse being "it makes for better TV".

OK, finished ranting. Looking forward to Pirate Master.

offwego
05-14-2007, 10:30 AM
That jury was way angry for a season that seemed so blah. Either the editing was off...or the jury wanted a last ditch grab at their 15 minutes.

Yao on the recap show continued to be a class act. I was ok with Earl winning. But Dreamz was still just loopy. (I thought maybe having food etc might help).

Yao has nothing to be sorry for (even if the mistake did cost him) as he made his play and did it honestly...pretty classy for Survivor thats for sure.

thrillme
05-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Yao is HIGH CLASS. He played the game PERFECTLY. The effort to get the immunity idol from Dreamz was a good shot (I never in a minute believed Dreamz would give it up...I agree "TheDuckRocks"...he was Pond Scum...in fact he was even scummier than Pond Scum).

I don't fault Earl at all for voting him out. I applaud Earl for admitting to Yao. "Hey buddy I'm really sorry I had to do it but I couldn't possibly beat you". Yao gave Dreamz the opportunity to have the "gonads" to admit that he changed his mind. But he didn't. He didn't give the truck back either (I hope the jerk runs over his foot with it...in addition to having to fork out for TAXES).

I also applaud Earl for saying to Stacy's question about Dreamz needing the money the most because he's soooo poor...Earl said "We ALL need the money...just because I worked hard and have a good job doesn't mean I need it any less"...Heck a LOT of people came from difficult backgrounds sometimes you need to quit blaming the past and rise above it.

True it's a "game". Perhaps Dreamz was "right" about that...but...even in a "game" when you "backstab" people to get ahead...it might end up getting you shot. Even a "game" has a "line" when you play. I think IF Dreamz gave up that immunity idol he still would have lost but he would still have his honor and he would have still sat in the final three. He lost a LOT more than just the game.

He should have realized he didn't have a prayer against either Yao Man or Earl. Bravo Earl...he played really well. Hopefully we'll see Yao Man :yoda: in Survivor All Stars (should happen after China).

poeticeclipse
05-14-2007, 11:52 AM
First off, i'll say that I hadn't watched one single episode of this season until last night's finale. My mom and I were bored and just decided to get into it at the last second. We have the ability to do that.

From what i've watched... i'm so happy that Earl won. Of course, Yao would have been the number one choice but because of the circumstance that he put himself in, that didn't happen. Earl really seemed to answer all of the jury questions really well and didn't lie and cover stuff up. He made himself look great. Dreamz, he just made himself look like an idiot. Cassandra did the same. You could tell that she was covering lots of stuff up but she didn't want to reveal it. The jury was very upset as a whole and I think that it was mostly with Dreamz.

Dreamz really shot himself in the foot. He should have never made the deal with Yao in the first place. And on the other end, Yao should have never accepted. I understand that he wanted to help Dreamz out but he was really just setting himself up. Dreamz was never the person to trust. Heck, trusting anyone is just dumb in that game!

I tried to look at Dreamz's options last night. One- he gives up immunity to Yao which would put him vulnerable to being voted off. Now, I don't know how that voting would have went honestly. I think that Cassandra would have voted for Earl (he's her competition). Earl would have voted for Cassandra (same reason). Dreamz would have voted for Earl (because if Earl stayed, him and Yao would have teamed up and went to the final two). Yao probably would have NOT voted for Dreamz (he would have kept his word), I don't think that he would vote for Earl (friendship), which would leave Cassandra. That would make it a 2-2 tie with Cassandra and Earl. It's been stated that Earl was never voted for ever...soo.... Cassandra would be gone. I think that would have been a much more interesting finale.

On a final note....Dreamz was a total idiot during the live finale. Poor Jeff for having to try and get answers out of a man who doesn't understand what he's asked even if it's said three times.

Ian
05-14-2007, 12:14 PM
I also applaud Earl for saying to Stacy's question about Dreamz needing the money the most because he's soooo poor...Earl said "We ALL need the money...just because I worked hard and have a good job doesn't mean I need it any less"...Heck a LOT of people came from difficult backgrounds sometimes you need to quit blaming the past and rise above it.

True it's a "game". Perhaps Dreamz was "right" about that...but...even in a "game" when you "backstab" people to get ahead...it might end up getting you shot. Even a "game" has a "line" when you play. I think IF Dreamz gave up that immunity idol he still would have lost but he would still have his honor and he would have still sat in the final three. He lost a LOT more than just the game.I agree totally with both these points.

On #1, I turned to my wife when Earl gave that answer and said, "Ooooooooh! Good answer!" Honestly, in the beginning I felt a little bad for Dreamz, but as I got to know him I came to suspect that many of his troubles are of his own making.

On #2, all games have rules. Some are written and some are unwritten. I would say that Dreamz defintely broke an unwritten rule of not just Survivor, but also of humanity. And honestly, I'm not 100% sure that Yao could have gotten the truck back legally if he wanted to. They had a binding verbal contract that was captured on camera. I'm pretty sure that would be legally enforceable, not that Yao has so little class as to pursue it.

Bethis26fan
05-14-2007, 01:37 PM
I was glad earl won. I don't know why dreamz thought he would win anything after the way he lied to everyone and ticked everyone off.

Scar
05-14-2007, 01:51 PM
...I'm not 100% sure that Yao could have gotten the truck back legally if he wanted to. They had a binding verbal contract that was captured on camera. I'm pretty sure that would be legally enforceable, not that Yao has so little class as to pursue it.I'm not a lawyer, but I do know that for a contract to be binding, there must be consideration from both sides. A promise from one person without getting anything in return, is not a contract.

But I agree, Yao would never persue it.

Scar
05-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Also, nobody should feel bad for Yao. He'll be just fine. On the other hand, would anyone here be shocked to hear that a year from now, Dreamz has blown all his money, lost (or wrecked) his truck, and (as someone else hinted) didn't pay his taxes?

Melanie
05-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Hopefully we'll see Yao Man :yoda: in Survivor All Stars (should happen after China).

Oh my goodness, I hope we don't go there again! :shake:

Marker
05-14-2007, 08:38 PM
I found myself rather irritated by that show last night, and the actions of Dreamz.

"Game" or not, life is about character. If you give your word, then you've given your word. If you swear to God, then you've sworn to God.

Frankly, if he knew he wasn't giving up the immunity when he accepted it, as he claimed, then why did he go on and on about setting a good example, and making his some proud of him for doing the "right" thing. And he did it during his "private" moments with the camera.

Most of us aren't put into a situation of choosing between $1,000,000 and our honor. So we probably can't really say for sure how we'd respond. I'd like to think I wouldn't sell my soul for any dollar amount. We now know that Dreamz would.

For me, the entertainment value of that show went down the drain along with Dreamz' character.

Marker
05-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Hopefully we'll see Yao Man :yoda: in Survivor All Stars (should happen after China).

Cool, will we get to see Boston Rob and Rupert again? I loved those guys.

Maybe they should do Survivor Low-Lifes. You know, with Dreams, Johnny Fair-play, etc.

Christine
05-15-2007, 12:01 PM
I have just now cooled down enough to feel like I can post on this! ;)

I was absolutely horrified by Dreamz. His actions made Johnny Fairplay's "dead grandmother" seem like a tiny white lie.

Poor Yao. While I was never a huge fan of his, no one should be done dirty like that. And his integrity is very admirable.

I was actually hoping Boo could pull it off. He never seemed to be annoying to me, as they hinted, and he played a straight forward game.

Alex did look rediculous at tribal council. I couldn't understand a WORD Lisie said??? :confused: But of course I was glued to the TV the whole time, loving every minute of it...:rolleyes: