PDA

View Full Version : Intercot WDW 10th Anniversary VMK Roll Call

JPL
01-06-2007, 02:29 AM
I was talking with Chescat about the Big party in October and before I went to sleep I wanted to post and get an idea of how many of the VMKer's here are planning on attending :thumbsup: I know it seems a long way off but no better time toi start planning and saving than now :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
01-06-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm about 70/30 going to go then. Probably won't know for a few month's at the very least.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
01-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Erm, so there's a VMK party in October for the Intercot WDW 10th Anniversary? And you want to know who's coming? (sorry, need to be clear since I'm not a very clear person, lol)

I would probably be able to come (October is busy, but not that much). But things can change real quick, so I'll post again if anything comes up :thumbsup:

RenDuran
01-07-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm going to do everything I can to be there....and I'm trying to get cat to come along! But you know how stubborn cats can be..... :mickey:

Alligirl
01-07-2007, 01:08 PM
I would "glove" to go, but with Devan starting college in the fall I really don't think I will have the money!! But maybe if I save some of my points w/ DVC and fly down on my Pops buddy passes...hmmm?! Maybe, maybe :D

Chescat
01-07-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm 90% if I can get over this fear of flying. :(

RenDuran, if I do go I think that stubborn cat of yours would at least go for the weekend. I have my ways of convincing here. Muahaha! :thedolls:

varcity
01-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Use my dad's method, Cat: Drink till you can't remember you have to fly!!!

I am 100% a no on this one. October will be basketball season, or else I would!

BronxTigger
01-07-2007, 05:15 PM
I am about 90% sure I am going, although I probably won't be able to take off work so I'll be coming in late Friday and leaving as late as possible on Sunday while still being able to get to work on Monday.

Chescat: I hate to fly too; I always pull an all nighter before I fly so that I will sleep the entire flight. It usually works well, although on my last flight the person in the window seat kept waking me up....at least 10 times in a 4.5 hour flight.

Patricia
01-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Doll, the 10th Anniversary meet will be in Florida's WDW, not on VMK.

Dates are October 12 - 14th, 2007.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
01-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Doll, the 10th Anniversary meet will be in Florida's WDW, not on VMK.

Dates are October 12 - 14th, 2007.

Shoot. We don't have any school breaks during October (not even for Halloween! Rawr!), and I'm pretty sure that I can't cross a few states go to Florida during the middle of school. I really want to go BAD, I love flying, I've been to WDW only once and want to go again... Rawrrrrrr! :mad:

Then again... If you want to save money, just stuff me in an "overly large" suitcase and ask for an extra drink on the airplane ;)

WDWfanatic742
01-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Just looked at calender and it's on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I definately won't be able to be there Friday. Birthday is on the 16th so maybe I can convince parents on a trip there through my birthday but I don't want to miss much school then since it's so early.

Thumper03
01-07-2007, 11:40 PM
We're thinking about it...just posed the question to the kids...SOOOOO, what would you think about Mom and Dad going to Disney in October? Yeah, that didn't go over so well :humph: :humph: :humph: but we might actually be able to manage it. :clappy:

BrerFan has lots of vacation to use...I don't have nearly as much since I just started a new job in October, but I could spare a day. Our DD1 is old enough to be home with DD2. DS could stay with a friend for a couple of days to make sure he gets to football. Grandparents are close by. We could fly out late Thurs afternoon or evening :bolt: and fly home on Sunday :plane: .
It's do-able!!

TinkRocks
01-09-2007, 02:47 AM
I'm leaning towards no at this time - simply because I will be doing my internship at that time and am not sure of where / when / hours I'll be working. I also have not renewed my annual pass for the same reason. I also find it very hot to 'do Disney' at that time of year.

If the situation allows, I will try and get there on the Saturday and leave Sunday.

WED1901
01-12-2007, 01:26 AM
Man....a chance to visit the real MK with you guys! I have this penciled on the calendar for sure! My DD tells everyone that the reason I go to work is to make money to take her to WDW. Start them young I always say! :thumbsup: :mickey:

Blue Genie
01-12-2007, 01:40 AM
Sorry to say this but the answer to it is a no. With my fear of high and flying don't go to well. As so that kind of starts for me with season working for the Hoildays. The only time I get that off is on my dad's birthday. So sorry about that.

MiSSdiZZY
01-17-2007, 05:25 PM
hmm. im confused. and i think im too young if its real life :/

trackbarroness
01-25-2007, 10:36 PM
I'll be there most likely working on those days. :D
this will give you guys a second chance to find meh. :D

MrDownTown
01-31-2007, 10:39 AM
WoW that is a long ways a way that sad thing is i dont think i have any breaks in October... i would glove to come but i dont know if that is possible :(

GiltterDisneyGirl
02-21-2007, 02:24 AM
well, I really want to go but going next month, aug, and maybe christmas again. I just don't know! I've already asked my God-mother that has a birthday over the weekend if she wanted to go, but said no. So, if i can save money for a plane ticket, food and maybe hotel. I just like to find someone to room with, that i can split room cost. :D So at the moment it's a 50/50 chance. :(

Thumper03
03-04-2007, 06:36 PM
We're back to seriously looking at the October trip again...BrerFan has his AP from our last trip, we have the DDE card, and it would just be the two of us. So we are going to call it an anniversary gift...our anniversary is actually in early Sept...but oh well.

We think since it's just us, we would try out a Value Resort. Since we are normally five, we've never been able to stay in a value. This will also reduce the cost of course.

So which Value should we choose?

JPL
03-04-2007, 08:04 PM
I will be at Pop for October so we can leave together for some of the meets and events :thumbsup:

Thumper03
03-04-2007, 08:20 PM
I will be at Pop for October so we can leave together for some of the meets and events :thumbsup:

Pop it is...will e-mail MJ and get the ball rollin'.:thumbsup:

I thought I had heard good things about Pop - - overall.

BronxTigger
03-04-2007, 08:30 PM
I booked the flights!

Flying in late Friday and out late Sunday.

Will stay probably at Pop or Shades of Green. If i can get a good discount then maybe Caribbean Beach.

JPL
03-04-2007, 08:50 PM
I see a late night Party at the Hippie Dippie Pool in our futures :marg: :beer: :thumbsup:

Thumper03
03-04-2007, 10:00 PM
I see a late night Party at the Hippie Dippie Pool in our futures :marg: :beer: :thumbsup:

Would that be AFTER we drink our way around World Showcase?

:marg: :beer: :trio: :beer: :marg:

Gotta Love Disney Transportation!

Patricia
03-05-2007, 01:39 AM
Pop all the way! :)

Thumper03
03-07-2007, 08:15 PM
It's official!!
We're BOOKED at POP!!

:woohoo: :clappy: :joy: :clappy: :woohoo:

Thumper03
03-07-2007, 08:44 PM
:mickey: We just noticed there's a MNSSHP on October 11th and 12th! Is anyone going?

We've never been to one, so we were thinking of doing it on Friday night (the 12th).:mickey:

"Queen" might actually come out that night in full Queen regalia:blush:

JPL
03-07-2007, 10:34 PM
As of right now planning on going on the 11th since I have heard week nights are much less crowded for tthe party :mickey:

GiltterDisneyGirl
03-08-2007, 01:39 AM
So which Value should we choose?

Go to Pop century!! The all stars have lost their niceness. They always mess up our room. :-o

JPL
04-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Hmm I forsee you getting :sick: so you can't work but not :sick: enough to miss WDW ;)

WDWfanatic742
04-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Just incase some of you who are going don't look around the boards much, it has been released that Spaceship Earth will be closed from sometime during the summer to early spring 2008. So during this party, SSE will be under rehab, while Haunted Mansion will just be coming off of rehab :mickey:

TinkRocks
04-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Why would they close SSE when they are (I'm assuming) close to finishing the global neighborhood section?

GiltterDisneyGirl
04-28-2007, 02:37 AM
Why would they close SSE when they are (I'm assuming) close to finishing the global neighborhood section?

because they made up there minds to do a rehab on the whole ride.

WDWfanatic742
04-28-2007, 02:11 PM
They are touching up most of the ride and adding a whole new ending. The end part of the ride is already open (or at least part of it), and will stay open throughout the rehab.

GiltterDisneyGirl
05-07-2007, 12:21 AM
I don't know what will come of Oct but I'm trying to save as much money as I can with what piano lessons I can give. I don't know if mom or dad will go with me but if they don't I was wondering if anyone wanted to share a room and spelt the cost?

PinkJJ
05-14-2007, 01:57 AM
Count me in! I am doing all I can to get there. I will know for sure soon. Right now it's looking good.:thumbsup:

Jeremy
05-19-2007, 01:29 AM
I am going to try and go too.
If I can get the money I will go and bug you all.lol

What is the dates where, when, and how.LOL

Chescat
05-19-2007, 01:57 AM
Jeremy, here's the thread talking about all of it:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103250

Jeremy
05-19-2007, 02:05 AM
Thank you chescat!:thumbsup:

JPL
05-19-2007, 03:25 PM
I am going to try and go too.
If I can get the money I will go and bug you all.lol

What is the dates where, when, and how.LOL

It would eb great to have you along for the party. It looks like we will have a strong VMK showing at the meet already :thumbsup:

GiltterDisneyGirl
05-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Ok two things I am trying to figure out...

1. Are we planning on eating together as a group for dinner each 3 nights? If so where?
Reason I'm trying to figure if I should get the meal plan or just us my Disney Dining Experience card. Any ideas? :confused:

2. Is getting to Mass on Sunday morning at Mary Queen of the universe shrine. I don't like taxi's nor trust them. (long story) So I was wondering can Disney it self drive you to and from the church? :confused:

Chescat
05-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Intercot people are going to the Halloween Event on Friday night. I don't know exactly times and such. Thought they also said Illuminations on Sat night. Does this stuff include meals or is this after? :confused:

JPL
05-21-2007, 10:08 PM
I am eating where ever Chescat is paying the bill and Nachocat won't be far behind:thumbsup:

Ok on a serious note people do plan to eat together at times most of is scheduled around the events . Usuallyu in much smaller groups though.Informal meets end up being meals:thumbsup:

Yhe Illuminations views is dessert buffet that we need to pay for in advance. Not sure who handling that activity yet.

GiltterDisneyGirl
05-21-2007, 10:14 PM
I mean like sitting down and eatting food. (Dinner)

I know about the Holloween party and the viewing party. :party:

WDWfanatic742
05-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Haha, anyone else think that after just now getting my parents to approve my trip with my friends in three weeks to WDW that I should ask them about this? :D

Chescat
05-22-2007, 02:58 AM
I am eating where ever Chescat is paying the bill and Nachocat won't be far behind:thumbsup:
If I do go, its only 3 meals and a mickey ice scream a day! :)

WED1901
05-22-2007, 01:27 PM
DS has decided to play football this fall so it depends on his schedule if we are able to go or not. I will know more sometime this summer.

Please be a off week :fingers: Please be a of week :fingers:

janmathatter
05-22-2007, 02:32 PM
If I do go, its only 3 meals and a mickey ice scream a day! :)

Would you please stop putting the word IF in posts referencing the WDW Intercot meet? Worlds will collide should you choose not to grace us with your presence.

GiltterDisneyGirl
05-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Worlds will collide should you choose not to grace us with your presence.

:ditto::ditto::ditto:

JPL
05-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Would you please stop putting the word IF in posts referencing the WDW Intercot meet? Worlds will collide should you choose not to grace us with your presence.

And I will be very hungry :(

PinkJJ
05-28-2007, 01:29 AM
I was thinking we should make reservations now for places we want to eat. That way we can all be together during those times. :)

terri.m
05-28-2007, 09:29 AM

Now how can you say no to that cat??;)

terri.m
05-28-2007, 09:30 AM
And I will be very hungry :(

Well that seals it! Cat you can't let that happen!!

i want to go so bad...

Chescat
05-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Well that seals it! Cat you can't let that happen!!
Would you want to feed him? :eat::pizza::popcorn::bar:

JPL
05-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Would you want to feed him? :eat::pizza::popcorn::bar:

And that just represents my snack on the way to Dinner :blush:

But seriously an FYI the Halloween Party Tickets for Friday are selling out fast so if you plan on attending better get them very soon.

In other words

NOW!!!!!!!

GiltterDisneyGirl
05-30-2007, 01:19 AM
But seriously an FYI the Halloween Party Tickets for Friday are selling out fast so if you plan on attending better get them very soon.

In other words

NOW!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh this is not happening tell me this is a dream! This is a dream right? OMG! :drama:

TinkRocks
05-30-2007, 03:35 PM

Chescat - don't you know you're the main reason I'm going to WDW in October?

Oh, and to serenade JP with It's a Small World... :thedolls:

JPL
05-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Oh, and to serenade JP with It's a Small World... :thedolls:

:bolt: :bolt: :hide2:

Ladyvader
06-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Hi everyone I would love to meet up with all of you in October. Just let me know, exactly where and when. I have had the privilege to meet many VMK'ers and can't wait to meet some more.
Of course JP this time lets actually try to meet and not just do the phone thing ok?
Sorry, that I am MIA here, but I will try to be a little more diligent about checking in here to say hello to all my friends.

Jeremy
06-06-2007, 07:20 PM
well i am so sorry guys but i will not make it this time.

my money has gone to the doctros.
Even mom and dad has to help me out to pay the bills.
I have more bills to come as well with the
medical stuff.
SO I cant go:(

But one day I will make it:thumbsup:

WDWfanatic742
06-22-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm going to need you all's help here. Trying to get the parents approval on going for the party. The dates that we would have to go during are from October 11th to October 16th. Out of these four prices and hotel's which one would you do for 6 days?

Animal Kingdom Lodge - $1,884.40 (Always wanted to stay here)

Contemporary Resort - $6,834.40 (Always stay here but they don't have any regular rooms available online, just suites)

Caribbean Beach Resort - $1,040.70 (Interested in awhile to stay here)

Polynesian Resort - $2,896.90 (Hotels on the monorail lines are a big plus)

Might have to go call the number to see if they got any rooms available to Contemporary, but that is way too high for six nights. My choice would be Animal Kingdom, but I want to see your all opinions.

BTW - Would you get MYW tickets for 7 days for $981.96 for the four of us or Florida Annual passes for $1,444.16 for the four of us.

WDWfanatic742
06-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Ok, so forget that. Now, a week at the Wilderness Lodge. October 28th through November 3rd. Too bad that I miss you all by just a couple weeks.

Chescat
06-25-2007, 07:03 PM
I think Fan misunderstood. The get together is at DLR that week. :funny::funny:

JPL
06-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Fan
Why don't you have your parents use Magical Journeys they often come up with the best deals and pirices and it supports Intercot :thumbsup:

chrisb26
06-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Ok, so forget that. Now, a week at the Wilderness Lodge. October 28th through November 3rd. Too bad that I miss you all by just a couple weeks.

Well you may miss all of them but you wont miss me! My family and I will also be in the world during that time. I think we should start our own meet. :D

WDWfanatic742
06-26-2007, 01:16 AM
Sweet Dino. Hopefully we can find a few more crazy VMK people.

trackbarroness
07-01-2007, 06:39 AM
Here's a hint fan check Space Mountain out you just might find one there dude. :cool:
Look for the name tag that reads Sandy and the hometown is Beachwood NJ okay dudes? Lol
How's that for a major hint eh? Lol

Tinkerbell627
07-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Hopefully we can find a few more crazy VMK people.

You're not referring to me, are you?

Here's my situation:
We live too far away for me to go by myself (I'm just a young'un, after all). We also just went in June and the parentals don't want to go again in such a short time span.

I am trying my hardest to get there. I talked to them about the trip today. In fact, I just got finished doing some pleading about five minutes ago. If y'all could just give me some websites and places to go to make the trip as affordable and easy as possible, I may be able to fly over for the weekend.

Chances of going are slim, but there's still the possibility. I haven't resorted to crying yet, but I'm willing to pull that card as a last resort! :thumbsup:

JPL
07-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Try Magical Journeys for onsite they always seem to find you the best deal :thumbsup:

Lots of cheap off-site places if you don't mind bugs ;)

Tinkerbell627
07-07-2007, 08:29 PM
You guys aren't going to believe it, but I think I've managed to pull it off.

I've spent the last hour trying to persuade my mother when she suddenly mentioned a call she received from my grandmother a few days ago. My grandmother (aka Nana) called out of the blue after watching one of those Walt Disney World shows on the Travel Channel. She's always thought we were crazy for going so often, but after she watched the show, she couldn't believe how fun it looked and she wouldn't mind going on a trip herself.

Our main concern is the money and who I would go with since it would be too expensive for the entire family to go again so soon. Now, we'd only be paying for one person, and I would be able to show my beloved Nana around the Happiest Place on Earth, which I've always wanted to do.

Plus, would only be there for the weekend, and I just went in June so I have no desire to ride absolutely everything and Nana is so energetic. And her brother-in-law plays at the Rose n' Crown Pub (Leon Gregory) and I know she'd love to see him.

Sorry, I'm babbling, but I'm kinda excited: deal with it.

Of course, I still need to talk to her about it, but she's the kind of person who'd love to go, especially with her only granddaughter, and I just found some really cheap round-trip airfare. We also got a deal in the mail for a room a Pop Century during that time (and I love POP and know a lot of you are staying there).

And, of course, I'll save some time for you guys. ;)

My head is spinning.

Still not 100% and maybe not even 80%, but at least the chances are better since my last post. My mom is all for the trip. We've been babbling and getting excited for about an hour. She's starting to get jealous. I'm trying not to get my hopes too high, but it's kinda hard not to.

Just brace yourself for the Zoo!

JPL
07-07-2007, 08:33 PM
:hide2::hide::hide2::bolt:

Tinkerbell627
07-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Ok, not quite the reaction I was hoping for, but I'll accept it. You know, I'm actually pretty normal looking; not scary in the least. That is, until my fangs come out when it gets dark. You might want to hide then.

WDWfanatic742
07-07-2007, 09:02 PM
I wonder if anyone is going to start canceling now? :D

I have about a 60% chance of going during the meet. It's going to be hard since we are going just two weeks after that and it would only be one day and either Saturday or Sunday.

Tinkerbell627
07-07-2007, 09:49 PM

:elf:

JPL
07-07-2007, 10:09 PM

Actually the dates of the meet have changed they are the week after originally scheduled yeah that's it that's the ticket so Zumop might want to move her trip back a week :thumbsup:

Tinkerbell627
07-07-2007, 11:12 PM
:cry:

You know, the more you tease me, the more I'll feel obligated to put my scary face on.

Watch yourselves. That's all I'm sayin'.

terri.m
07-11-2007, 01:13 AM
I think Fan misunderstood. The get together is at DLR that week. :funny::funny:

I'm SO there for that!!:mickey::cloud9:

Gypsy
07-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Count me in...Resverations at Pop and MNSSHP on the 12th and Air is made and paid woot....can't wait hope to see you all there.....
then back to DLR at the end of the month too...be there or be square!! lol

I was talking with Chescat about the Big party in October and before I went to sleep I wanted to post and get an idea of how many of the VMKer's here are planning on attending :thumbsup: I know it seems a long way off but no better time toi start planning and saving than now :mickey:

Tinkerbell627
07-12-2007, 02:48 PM
It's the moment of truth...

Looks like I'm going to Disney World!!!!

Nana is excited, I'm excited. Life is good. See y'all in October!

:party::mickey::party:

WDWfanatic742
07-12-2007, 02:51 PM
It's going to be interesting to see if I can go or not. It all depends on whether or not we get annual passes or regular tickets.

Mr. Tom Morrow
07-12-2007, 07:49 PM
I'm waiting to see if someone is going to foot the bill for my meals ;)
Free meals might just be all the reason I need to go :pizza:

JPL
07-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Tom you can have my leftovers:thumbsup:

Oh wait I usually don't have any leftover :(

Mr. Tom Morrow
07-12-2007, 11:58 PM
Leftovers.. Leftovers..?

Never !:humph:

Patricia
07-13-2007, 01:09 AM
I can send cookies ahead to the resort, you guys can live on those. You really don't want me to cook anything else for you.:ack:

Tinkerbell627
07-15-2007, 06:19 PM
It's officially official. Just got finished booking the flight and room. Visited the guest-of-honor this afternoon, showed her pictures of POP (although she looked far more interested in the Grand Floridian). Everything is good to go. :thumbsup:

Patricia
07-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Zoo! I'm so jealous.

JPL
07-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Zoo! I'm so jealous.

Of course you are she is staying at the same resort I am ;)

Come on Patti you can do it :thumbsup:

WDWfanatic742
07-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Looks like that there is no way I am going to get around this room situation. If I go, it's going to be for a day only. Maybe I can get my brother to come up too. Three hour drive both ways is going to get boring fast.

Tinkerbell627
07-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Of course you are she is staying at the same resort I am ;)

Come on Patti you can do it :thumbsup:

Come on everyone, let's chant:
Pat-ti, Pat-ti, Pat-ti.... I'm sending lots of peer pressure your way.

Fan:
Even if it's just for a day, you should try to make it. Get up really really early, load your iPod with lots of podcasts, and drive like there's no tomorrow!

Chescat
07-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Pat-ti, Pat-ti, Pat-ti!

Hmm! 3 meals a day! :)

(JP only gets 2 since he was mean to me a while back. Just the savings off of those can pay for yours).

JPL
07-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Well another attraction in Rehab for the meet Big Thunder will be down :(

Tinkerbell627
07-16-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm bummed about BTMRR being down, but I'm a bit limited on ride options being with Nana. I don't really think she'd like something like that.

As long as HM and PotC are still up, we're good to go! :thumbsup:

....Pat-ti, Pat-ti, Pat-ti....

GiltterDisneyGirl
07-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Cries :crying::sadwave::sob:

I still have not found a job and looking very hard, even though people are looking no one seems to hire anyone. So for now...I....won't be going. Sorry everyone, but we are $1000 in the hole every month, and mom says in about 4 months if we don't find a way out we will lose everything and be on the streets. So I won't be going to Disney for probably a long time now.

Chescat
07-17-2007, 09:00 PM

I still have not found a job and looking very hard, even though people are looking no one seems to hire anyone. So for now...I....won't be going. Sorry everyone, but we are $1000 in the hole every month, and mom says in about 4 months if we don't find a way out we will lose everything and be on the streets. So I won't be going to Disney for probably a long time now.
:cry::cry::cry:

RenDuran
07-18-2007, 10:45 AM

I'm really sorry to hear that. We've had our own money problems these past several years....we had to cancel our June WDW trip due to debt, so I know how it can be.

Best of luck looking for a job. There's a job out there somewhere waiting for you.....

GiltterDisneyGirl
07-19-2007, 02:30 AM
I know, and just as my mom is really looking forword on going. Mom was saying if i can find a job maybe I can go, but I might have to either quit of hope and pray they let me off. So hope that I can keep my job i have now Piano teaching and just get and bunch more students. Maybe that will work. lol

Just keep praying we all can be there!

GiltterDisneyGirl
07-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Well getting my bill for Synday's World Youth day I now won't be going to that, so my #1 dream has now has ended. But at least it give me $200 bucks back. :) So I might be able to make WDW. Still Crossing Fingers!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Wow, I haven't been posting in here much. :D

:pixie: for your trip Disney!

Pat-ti, Pat-ti, Pat-ti! ;)

trackbarroness
08-01-2007, 09:31 AM
Pat-ti pat-ti you must come also. How else are we to meet in person if you don't come on down from the cold tundra?
Don't you want to meet Disneydreamin in person? :D

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-06-2007, 11:39 PM
I just got the flyer in the mail for the food and wine festival and guess who will be performing Oct 14th-16th and the 17th-18th!!!

David Cassidy Oct 14th-16th

Little Richard Oct 17th-18th

TinkRocks
08-07-2007, 07:19 PM
OK - who's with me in tracking down David Cassidy???? :cool:

Patti - I hear David wants to meet you!! (Hint Hint Nudge Nudge - get your patootie down to WDW...)

He was in a show called Blood Brothers a few years ago - he played one of the lead roles. Very nice dude...

Chescat
08-08-2007, 02:06 AM
I remember David Cassidy as teenage heart throb in Partridge Family. Sad isn't it. :blush:

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-08-2007, 04:18 PM
OK - who's with me in tracking down David Cassidy???? :cool:

I'm in! lol

TinkRocks
08-08-2007, 04:31 PM
I remember David Cassidy as teenage heart throb in Partridge Family. Sad isn't it. :blush:

Is it sad that I remember that too? :blush:

OK - so I just found the itinerary for the Intercot weekend. I didn't realize there was an official itinerary and that the Illuminations viewing would be a hard ticket event. I was under the impression that the Intercot VMK crowd were informally getting together for a small gathering to watch Illuminations. As much as I want to meet you guys, I gotta watch the budget. I haven't secured a place for my second internship, so still don't know for sure where / when I'll be working. I won't cancel my reservation 'til I know for sure what's going on.

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Wow I just took a look at the itinerary And after Epcot closes their plan is to go to Jellyrolls. I love jellyrolls for there piano's but what about the people under 21? Like Zoo & Fan!

Are we following the itinerary or do we have our own? because one thing I am not seeing the Nemo show ever again. :sick:

TinkRocks
08-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Are we following the itinerary or do we have our own? because one thing I am not seeing the Nemo show ever again. :sick:

Come on, Disney - don't you just want to listen to '...in a big blue world' for 45 minutes? :rotfl:

Tinkerbell627
08-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Nana and I sort of have our own "budget-friendly" plans too, plus, this will be her first time. We have our own schedule, but we're going to make as many of the meetings as we can.

Friday: MK as planned, but instead of shelling out money for MNSSHP tickets, we're seeing Illuminations that evening. Definitely going to be there for the morning meet, the VMK meet and some ride throughs.

Saturday: We're following most of the itinerary for this day, except, instead of going to GA for tea, we're staying in Word Showcase for the Food and Wine Fest. Then, evening plans are different: we're going to MK for Wishes and Spectromagic becasue that's the only night we can see those two things. Nana is looking forward to fireworks. She likes fireworks.

Sunday: AK in the morning for E:E with the I-Cot crew and the Safari for Nana. Then, we're heading over to MGM for lunch at the Brown Derby and lots of shows for Nana. Anyone who's willing to spend a day at MGM with us is more than welcome to come! I'm definitely wanting a crazy picture of our crazy group taking the plunge on ToT.

So that's basically our plan. I know, I know: plans always change and I'm silly for having everything figured out so early. I'm a compulsive planner... does that even make any sense?

(And I'm totally skipping out on Nemo: The Musical... :sick: )

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Nana and I sort of have our own "budget-friendly" plans too, plus, this will be her first time. We have our own schedule, but we're going to make as many of the meetings as we can.

So that's basically our plan. I know, I know: plans always change and I'm silly for having everything figured out so early. I'm a compulsive planner... does that even make any sense?

(And I'm totally skipping out on Nemo: The Musical... :sick: )

Nemo! :sick:

I'm a compulsive planner too so I know how you feel!
I usely starting planning my birthdya party around June and it's not until Sept 19th lol

Mgm sounds good we might join you, I'm in for ToT!

RenDuran
08-09-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm going to do everything I can to be there....and I'm trying to get cat to come along! But you know how stubborn cats can be..... :mickey:

ReadingPrincess and I won't be at the big meet, after all! But, at least, nachocat is going! We'll get all our good, juicy gossip from her! If there is any.....

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Wow I just took a look at the itinerary And after Epcot closes their plan is to go to Jellyrolls. I love jellyrolls for there piano's but what about the people under 21? Like Zoo & Fan!

Just an update on my question. Mom doesn't like the itinerary that they have set up, and is pretty upset with the fact of the Epcot Fireworks party thats $50.

So I would really like to what we are doing?

WDWfanatic742
08-09-2007, 09:19 PM
I don't think we figured out in stone what us youngin's are going to do that night. (That's if I am even going :()

My latest thoughts are maybe coaxing one of my parents for just a weekend trip at Pop or something like that. If we didn't have our trip planned two weeks later, one of them would definitely go. I'm not asking for awhile in fear of losing the chance to go at all though.

Chescat
08-10-2007, 01:31 AM
One of the things I really want to do on this trip is meet up with you DotRocks and some others since they are only coming up on Saturday. Also looks like the under 21 group is not being considered either according to John's latest post for Sat night. I think the Illuminations seems to be a bit pricey in my book. Halloween on Friday night I'm in. Tea on Sat afternoon, I'd rather spend my short time in the park.

So I'm wondering two things. Rocks do you want to come into the park, or does it make sense to meet you outside somewhere in Downtown Disney? I see that Zoo is doing Food & Wine Fest. I know Gypsy wanted to do that??

So ideas here please for dinner on Saturday? Also you guys don't expect to see me bright and early at any of this stuff. I plan on sleeping in.
:sleepin::sleepin:

TinkRocks
08-10-2007, 07:05 AM
I do want to meet everyone - I really do! I have so much fun with y'all on VMK...

I'm up for anything that will include all the Intercot VMK crowd - open to suggestions. I don't mind meeting y'all in a park - I was planning on purchasing a seasonal pass in December anyway, so I could just bump up the purchase date to October - no worries there.

John
08-10-2007, 08:45 AM
There is an old saying - you can't please everyone. Slamming the priceyness of an event isn't going to change the fact that it costs a lot of money to put on - and it's something we want to do - have a private place at a public event to get together. I understand that not everyone will want to do it. Just like not everyone wants to pay $70 to get into Disney's parks or pay $100 for a meal at the California Grill - or more relevant... $10 for a small portion/taste of food at every stand around world showcase at the Food and Wine festival.

Lets try to focus on the positive folks. We're getting together. The majority of the events are free. We'll all have a good time gettin' together to celebrate a site we love.

Patricia
08-10-2007, 11:41 AM
No worries everyone.

You don't have to be at all the Icot events. They are there for the ones you want to join in on. You can set up your own meets as well. At the last meet I made sure to attend all the events I hosted and a few of the others I wanted to be at. But I skipped quite a few and met up with others on our own.

The evening events after park close are always usually planned around adult areas. Because we can stay out that late without our parents. The young people are usually not allowed out with us at that time.. don't forget about DisneyQuest if you want to do something.

The best part of the last meet was Illuminations, we get in early, have a really nice down/chat time.. we get our own area with desserts and unobstructed viewing, what's not to love? Again not everyone is required to follow the itinerary. Make your own plans around the events you do want to join in. You can have your own little Illuminations meet.

Sadly, David will be missing me.. poor fellow. Unless, I get that "Magic your Way" plane ticket in my junk mail soon.

TinkRocks
08-10-2007, 01:03 PM
John - my apologies.

I appreciate that you guys have done a lot of work to organize a fun-filled weekend at Disney.

Tinkerbell627
08-10-2007, 02:30 PM
I too am very sorry I will not be making the Illuminations meet, but Saturday's the only night I can show my grandmother Spectromagic and Wishes. It's going to be a busy day so I probably wouldn't attend the Jellyrolls meet if I could.

I'm just looking forward to meeting the people I've been chatting with for 2+ years. :)

Chescat
08-10-2007, 03:20 PM
At least for me, I've known a lot of these VMK people from VMK and Intercot for about 2 years now. We are so excited to finally meet each other and we're just trying to find a middle ground where we can all meet. We all decided to go to meet each other.

That said, Zoo I think we could have a middle ground with you. Why can't we eat an early dinner or do we do a big lunch on Saturday while you are still in Epcot and then when we are done you can go on to MK. That way the people that want to do Illuminations can and the ones that want to split off and do something else can.

DotRocks when do you think you'd be up that day?

As far as Saturday night, we plan on going back to my hotel and resting up for Sunday. :blush:

TinkRocks
08-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Depending on the work schedule & everything, and that the hotel check-in is after 3pm. Allowing time to refresh and travel time to whereever we're meeting, I could meet y'all about 6pm.

Tinkerbell627
08-10-2007, 03:46 PM
I sent a PM your way, Cat. :mickey:

Most of the time, I'm going to be with my grandmother since this is her first WDW trip, but anyone who wants to make separate plans and walk around the parks with me and a chatty, little British woman, can PM me. :) I am making the most of this trip. :thumbsup:

Chescat
08-11-2007, 01:21 AM
Okay Zoo, we gave you an assignment in VMK tonight. To figure out where to eat on Saturday for dinner in Epcot. :blush:

I think a couple of us voted on the place in Canada. Can't remember that title now. :confused:

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-11-2007, 01:23 AM
At least for me, I've known a lot of these VMK people from VMK and Intercot for about 2 years now. We are so excited to finally meet each other and we're just trying to find a middle ground where we can all meet. We all decided to go to meet each other.

As far as Saturday night, we plan on going back to my hotel and resting up for Sunday. :blush:

Well, why don't we just go have ice cream and cokes at the pool then Sat night? We are all mostly staying at Pop right?

Ok I think I need a drink now!

WDWfanatic742
08-11-2007, 01:24 AM
Le Cellier Steakhouse?

Tinkerbell627
08-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Okay Zoo, we gave you an assignment in VMK tonight. To figure out where to eat on Saturday for dinner in Epcot. :blush:

I think a couple of us voted on the place in Canada. Can't remember that title now. :confused:

Nana and I are small eaters, so the stuff we have at the Food and Wine Fest will probably satisfy us. But I'm really looking forward to meeting the gang for a late lunch/early dinner. I say you all go ahead and make your reservations for Le Celliar and we'll meet somewhere for a dessert afterwards. Or we could have dessert at Le Celliar. (The creme brulee is to die for :tasty: )

We'll make more definite plans when we get closer to the Meet.

I'm going to see my grandmother tomorrow. We're going to their place for dinner. I'll run some things by her, although, she'll probably just say, "Samantha darling, this is all in your hands"
She's flexible. As long as she's the center of attention, everything's good. :thumbsup:

Chescat
08-12-2007, 02:40 PM
So I've been told to put this in writing so here it goes.

JP is back up to 3 meals a day and Zoo will provide breakfast. :blush:

Remember, JP. You misbehave like before, your meal count goes down again. ;)

Also sounds like its Le Cellier Steakhouse for an early dinner. Want to see when DotRocks can make it and will adjust accordingly since rest of us will be in Epcot. :)

TinkRocks
08-12-2007, 03:47 PM
You guys go ahead and make plans - none of my plans are set in stone yet.

I'm sure there will be a few people with cell phones...

Chescat
08-12-2007, 04:00 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd like to try for between 5:00-6:00. We normally don't eat 3 meals a day, when we are at the park. And don't want a big meal later in the night.

That way it gives people chance to visit, gives DotRocks time to come up and gives people time to get to the Illuminations meet and still see Zoo before they go to MK.

Any thoughts? I'm the least experienced WDW person of all of you since I've only been there 3 times. Appreciate any input here. :blush:

JPL
08-12-2007, 10:30 PM
If that's the case better book it know chances are it will be sold out at those times maybe 4:30 would be better:thumbsup:

Tinkerbell627
08-12-2007, 10:49 PM
I agree with Cookie; 4:30. I doubt we'll be hungry enough for a big dinner, especially Le Celliar's, so we'll meet you some time before or after. I'd love to have dinner with y'all, but I just don't think we'd be that hungry after sampling all that other food. Like I said, it doesn't take much to fill us up.

We can meet somewhere after y'all are finished for a dessert or something. I'll eat/try anything so I'll leave that part up to you.

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-13-2007, 01:12 AM
Yeah Canada Books pretty fast Mom and me walk up at lunch time back in March just for the two us for dinner just Mother and I. They flet sorry for us because they where full already for the next 2 weeks. They did how ever get us a table in Franch. ;) But I like Canada's food much better and would much rither eat there. I really don't care on what time but probably like JP said 430 would probably be best. Mom and I don't have to worry on time with food if Dads not with us, since he has to eat every 5 hours. :(

JPL
08-14-2007, 12:39 AM
We can meet somewhere after y'all are finished for a dessert or something. I'll eat/try anything so I'll leave that part up to you.

Ok so it's Beverly for dessert :tasty:

Chescat
08-14-2007, 03:13 AM
Ok so it's Beverly for dessert :tasty:
Where is Beverly? (No I'm not starting another search for somebody) :blush:

What type of desserts do they have? :)

trackbarroness
08-14-2007, 05:06 AM
Where is Beverly? (No I'm not starting another search for somebody) :blush:

What type of desserts do they have? :)

Look for her at Club Cool, and that's all I have to say. Yep :cool: :cool: Now what day is this? Outside of being on a Saturday. :D Maybe I'll pick up a pac shift that day. :D jk

Tinkerbell627
08-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Cat, Beverly is a delicious drink you can try at Club Cool. You can't go to WDW without experiencing the wonderful taste of Beverly. :mickey:

Let's see... Dessert...
Pastries in France or Norway, churros in Mexico, gelato in Italy... Whatever floats your boat.

WDWfanatic742
08-14-2007, 02:30 PM
Beverly is quite possibly the best drink ever at Club Cool. :cool:

Chescat
08-16-2007, 04:17 AM
Well bad news people, Le Cellier is booked from now until February for dinners. How is this possible? :shrug:

So I think instead of trying to get a big group together for dinner, we should just try for maybe this Club Cool place.

Disney we definitely want to find you and see you some time that weekend, even if its not on Sat night.

And it looks like John has made us an offer we can't refuse for that Illuminations party. Thank you guys also at Magical Journeys. You guys are awesome. They've taken good care of me so far. :cloud9:

WDWfanatic742
08-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Club Cool is more of a walk in place where you can try different soda's. Definately not a place to eat dinner in :D

Chescat
08-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Club Cool is more of a walk in place where you can try different soda's. Definately not a place to eat dinner in :D
I was kidding. I'm not thinking of dinner anymore since it seems most of the big places are already booked and we don't even know how many we have. Makes more sense to meet for desert or just hang out somewhere a couple hours before the Illuminations event. :blush:

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Thanks crazy! Canada can't be booked that long away. I'm sure once you check into your hotel on site you should be able to get a table. Mom already says fish and chips in England will be fine I'll probably take McDonalds. lol

We still don't know about the viewing party mom says no, so I'll probably be the one on the other side of the rope waiting around.

Beverly is quite possibly the best drink ever at Club Cool. :cool:

You know Fan I get my mom every time with that one!

JPL
08-16-2007, 09:47 PM
TCanada can't be booked that long away. I'm sure once you check into your hotel on site you should be able to get a table.

Ever since the Dining Plan took over WDW you can't get a table anywhere on property that participates in the plan unless you book 180 days out. Very few table open up with cancellations so unless you get extremely lucky you are out of luck.

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-17-2007, 12:04 AM
Ever since the Dining Plan took over WDW you can't get a table anywhere on property that participates in the plan unless you book 180 days out. Very few table open up with cancellations so unless you get extremely lucky you are out of luck.

Wow, I didn't know. I'll let Dad know for Christmas thank you!

Tinkerbell627
09-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Just wanted to check in and let everyone know that yes, I'm still alive meaning I'm still going to WDW in Oct. Woot woot!

It's been so busy for me these past few weeks and this trip is going to be a great way to get away from it all. I get shivers just thinking about it.

Okay, back to my research paper... :geek:

Chescat
09-12-2007, 02:27 AM
JP, where's your countdown? :)

I know John's got a count down on front page, but would have thought we would have some boat boat count down! :eat:

Chescat
09-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Okay need to start that Patti chant again, to get her to go!

Patti, Patti! :number1:

trackbarroness
09-26-2007, 03:44 AM
patti, patti :number1:
patti I need to ask you a few questions but I can't because I'd rather ask the questions to you in person. And besides how are we to ride Space Mountain if you stay at home hmm? :cool:

GiltterDisneyGirl
10-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Well it seems I won't be going. we got no money and hope will have something for christmas.

So if anyone is going at christmas let me know!

trackbarroness
10-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Well it seems I won't be going. we got no money and hope will have something for christmas.

So if anyone is going at christmas let me know!

Hey girl you know I'm here already. :D Can't wait for y'all to come on down and visit/work here. Going to be staying at Fort Wilderness the begininng of December. My Mom doesn't think we ought to decorate for Christmas whilst we're there. I think we ought to, just like we did when we stayed at POR 3 Christmases ago.
Your going to glove it here. :D