PDA

View Full Version : So What's Your Addiction?

DVC2004
01-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Besides Disney. Is there something you horde,er buy, a lot of even though you probably have enough that you would never need to buy another of this item as long as you live?

For me, it's swimwear. For me and for my kids. I just can't pass it up. I guess I'm always on the quest for the perfect suit! DH gets so annoyed. He says I have a suit for every day of the year. Not true, but I'd say I have around 12 different suits/ tankinis. And you know what, I was in Target last week and they had the new ones out already and I bought another one! :blush: :secret: Somebody stop me!!!

What's your thing?

PirateLover
01-05-2007, 12:26 AM
Funny, I was in Target today and saw the bathing suit display. This is exactly what happened:
Me: "Oooh! Bathing suits"
BF: After he rolled his eyes and sighed- "Well I guess with this weather you may need one" but then he continued nudging me in the other direction.

I love shoes and purses although I don't have very many. And I don't mean expensive shoes and purses... just stuff in Target pretty much. I love that store. I used to love gaudy and dangly jewelry but my boyfriend has weened me off of that because he hates things that dangle and doesn't like metal touching his skin.

jennbunn
01-05-2007, 12:50 AM
socks. all the crazy,colorful ones they sell at target,walmart,kohls etc...

wonders10
01-05-2007, 01:46 AM
Does food count? j/k. but not really.

But seriously, I'd have to say purses. My tastes are getting a little too expensive so I need to start watching myself but I love all purses/handbags in all shapes, sizes and colors!

kakn7294
01-05-2007, 02:49 AM
I love flip-flops and sandals. If I have to wear shoes (because I hate wearing shoes), it has to be flip-flops although I have fallen in love with my new Disney Crocs! I might have to get some more of those too!

DisneyDudet
01-05-2007, 03:10 AM
Ummmm... Intercot?

Other than that, I would think its jewelry.. yup.. I love rings above all other kinds.

mickeyfan2001
01-05-2007, 03:22 AM
I'm bad about purses.. Everytime I go to the store I look at them.. My husband has gotten to wear if we go to the store and get seperated that is the first place he looks... :laughing: 9 times out of 10 he finds me...

Kags1200
01-05-2007, 06:42 AM
...I have a different twist , I collect bath & body products, different scents , different flavors, so I use a differenr one each time I shower, according to my mood

I also collect fitness VHS & DVD's , old & new as long as they're safe, I LOVE to work out! Used to belong to the gym, but I enjoy being in my own home & getting fit! Found fitness late in life & have been working out for 20 years! Karen....

merlinmagic4
01-05-2007, 06:43 AM
Ha - it's not swimsuits, that's for sure :blush: Maybe someday...... I think mine must be books although I'm getting a lot better about them. We have literally over a thousand children's books. I realized this when my DD wanted to take 100 books for the 100th day of school and we did not even make a dent! I am always willing to buy a book!!

JanetMegan
01-05-2007, 07:36 AM
Crafting supplies, I am a complete nut about them. I have literally 3 ROOMS of them!!! Help!

ChipnDaleGal
01-05-2007, 08:01 AM
For me I would have to say that it is movies and television series on DVD. I ahve to get another new shelving unit because all my current ones are stuffed.

Caroleh
01-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Mine is fabric--quilting cotton to be exact and scrapbooking supplies, use to also be rubber stamping stuff. My addition has gotton so bad that we need to find a house instead of the 2 bedroom apartment, so I can have a basement or a bedroom for a studio. Our second bedroom now has a double bed I made into a loft bed with all my stuff..but I want cabinets, etc....to put my things.

But I live by the motto, she who dies with the most wins...I'm very competitve and I HAVE to win. :D

Melanie
01-05-2007, 09:09 AM
For me I would have to say that it is movies and television series on DVD. I ahve to get another new shelving unit because all my current ones are stuffed.:ditto: Donna! We're looking for a new shelving unit next payday. ;)

Jen0610
01-05-2007, 09:10 AM
For DH and I both, it's books. We both have a book on us, pretty much all the time. For Christmas, we got between the two of us, 30 books. I have already knocked 3 of them off and 3/4th of the way through a 4th book. We have the Borders reward program, so this does help out with the cost of our addiction. Got DH his Star Wars Essential Guide to.. book cheap with a coupon and reward bucks. We also have a really good used book store that we go to a lot, but we don't sell, just buy. Both of us reread and reread our books.

The kids each got 6 books for Chirstmas, so we are passing our addiction on. At least it's a good addiction.

DizNee143
01-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Purses!!! i love my bags!!! i got a new Coach one for christmas!! and then i just bought myself another new bag on tuesday!! i soo have a problem..and what stinks now is im becoming a label snob...lol..so im really only liking Coach, Dooney & Burke and LV right now...and i soooo dont have the money to really afford those bags lol...but i always find a way to by myself another bag!!! lol you just gotta be creative!! but ya..purses are my downfall...im only 23 and already have over 55 bags!!..i dont wanna know how many ill have in another 20 years!! :D

disneydrmr
01-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Another book addict here... I'll go into our local Christian book store and usually spend about $40 each time! I actually went on New Years Day and got a bunch of Christmas related books at half off - the receipt said I saved over $50!!!! (spent only $20). I'm also another Bath & Body addict. My vanity has at least 9 bottles of body spray on it right now. I am actually trying to 'control' myself and am trying to use up what I have before buying any new stuff - BUT.... our local Bath and Body is having a clearance sale....

JanetMegan
01-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Mine is fabric--quilting cotton to be exact and scrapbooking supplies, use to also be rubber stamping stuff. My addition has gotton so bad that we need to find a house instead of the 2 bedroom apartment, so I can have a basement or a bedroom for a studio. Our second bedroom now has a double bed I made into a loft bed with all my stuff..but I want cabinets, etc....to put my things.

But I live by the motto, she who dies with the most wins...I'm very competitve and I HAVE to win. :D

Maybe we should send each other pictures ;) (evil grin inserted here!)

offwego
01-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Books in a minor way, cookbooks in a major way!!

coffee in a major way

shoes (mostly summer though I only have maybe 6-7 winter shoes unless you count party shoes too).

Different hair colours (mostly in the same range though).

Not so much the bath stuff but nail polish is high on the list!

Caroleh
01-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Maybe we should send each other pictures ;) (evil grin inserted here!)

What's really bad, is I manage a fabric store...I have to make quilts for store displays!!! It doesn't help that I work with my addiction!! I really need to get off INTERCOT right now and work on a store display!!! BTW, a "store display" is a very easy way to bring fabric into the apartment, the DH just shakes his head.:D

Tinkerfreak
01-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Purses!!! i love my bags!!! i got a new Coach one for christmas!! and then i just bought myself another new bag on tuesday!! i soo have a problem..and what stinks now is im becoming a label snob...lol..so im really only liking Coach, Dooney & Burke and LV right now...and i soooo dont have the money to really afford those bags lol...but i always find a way to by myself another bag!!! lol you just gotta be creative!! but ya..purses are my downfall...im only 23 and already have over 55 bags!!..i dont wanna know how many ill have in another 20 years!! :D

I hear you girl! I have a LV, a Gucci and a Coach. I just got another Coach purse and a Coach Travel bag for Christmas. I'ts really not my fault, DH keeps buying them for me.

Jeremy
01-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Video games,
and DvD's movies.

Speedy1998
01-05-2007, 12:40 PM
If I had money left after buying Disney stuff, I think I would collect coins.

conorsmom2000
01-05-2007, 01:36 PM
I am currently a scrapbooking supply addict - I just can't help myself. :blush: So many stickers and elements, so little time! I truly feel like I'm in heaven when I walk in AC Moore! :shop:

I am another shoe and bag addict, though, I don't really have that many pairs of shoes (I can somewhat control myself there). But, I love bags....just love 'em!

I am also a coffee addict....start my day with a 24 oz cup of coffee from 7-11 and it is glued to my hand until I finish it. I am forever known for carrying my coffee with me all morning and have often been told that they have heard people say "Oh, yeah! Jen! The one with the coffee, right?" :blush:

I think that's all.... :bolt:

TikiGoddess
01-05-2007, 01:58 PM
What am I addicted to? Chocolate. Dark, bitter chocolate. A day does not go by without me having some. And I'm always looking for better kinds -- still haven't found my favorite (although I will eat M&M's ANY day).

Disney pins. I'm not as bad as some people, but I have a collection of 125 special pins and about 30 traders. I have recently spent a bunch of time putting some of the collections in frames. I have my pin map of the Magic Kingdom hung right above my computer!

I'm also addicted to bargain hunting. In warm weather I can be found on any Saturday morning perusing the local yard sales. I love shopping and finding a good deal too (was in Target today and found shirts for my girls for $4 a piece!).

I'm addicted to finding the perfect pair of jeans. Ladies, you can understand this. I think I've found a favorite for now but the search is always on to find the best jeans that make me look taller and as if I haven't had two children in the past 3 yrs. :D

I know this thread is supposed to be 'besides Disney' but ... I have to say that I am addicted to WDW the most. My inner life revolves around WDW and I am finally admitting it to friends, strangers, colleagues... I am no longer hiding the fact that I am addicted to WDW. I'm out of the closet! :mickey:

Great thread!!!
TikiG

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
01-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Grooming stuff: shampoo, body wash, hair gel, etc. I have to have lots of it! I get a little itchy when I get to the bottom of a bottle. I like to have at least 2 backups :secret:

But my big one (other than Disney) is makeup. I have lots. I would probably spend on that before clothes :confused:

I also have many Coach bags (7 handbags and 3 makeup bags), and a bunch of sandals/flip flops.

comicguy
01-05-2007, 04:44 PM
For me it is comicbooks(currently 15,000) and regular books.

grumpycajun
01-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Wow! Compared to everyone else's posts I'l sound like a bit of a heathen. :thedolls:

Good food, good wine, and an after dinner cocktail with a good cigar. :thumbsup:

Amaya-chan
01-05-2007, 08:06 PM
My addiction? Music. I can't get enough of it... I browse iTunes all the time looking for new, up-and-coming bands, or even old bands. I even am playing the guitar now. :)

MissMaryPoppins
01-05-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm addicted to Coach bags. I have mostly small ones but for Christmas I got a the tote I've wanted for a long time. I showed my mother a picture of it once and told her when I was rich I was going to buy myself one. I guess she doesn't think I'll ever be able to buy one for myself.

Joy

DisneyDudet
01-05-2007, 11:54 PM
I did forget to mention purses... i have too many..

My purse addiction... Louis Vuitton. I have at least 5. I have a few Coaches and a Dooney.

But the major problem with me... is the wallet and bag has to be the same brand. I can't have a Dooney wallet with a Louis bag! NO WAY!

Brit, I'm 23 too... I went through stuff this past spring and threw out a HUGE lawn trash bag full of old purses I don't use (usually cheap ones, of course)... but that still means I have a TON!

2Epcot
01-06-2007, 01:39 AM
I guess I'm a photo addict. I never leave anywhere without my camera, and I've always loved taking pictures all the way back to grade school. When I was looking for photos of myself for my wedding slide show I came across a huge box of photos, just of pictures I took at my last job. I couldn't believe I took so many photos over the 10 years I was there. Good thing digital came around .... no more huge boxes of photos.

PDXTRAVLER
01-06-2007, 02:26 AM
Like several people have mentioned I live and breath scrapbooking. I have so much in my craft room I need another room. I do have to share my craft area with my grandaughter. What could I do with a whole room? Rubberstamps come in a close second. My passion is paper crafts. I'll never use all that I have. However its fun trying.LOL.

MMouse6937
01-06-2007, 02:40 AM
I'm also a purse person. I have a whole suitcase full of them. Alot of them have Mickey on them (imagine that). But I have a hard time not buying new ones. None of them seem to be the right size, have enough pockets, have the right handle, etc, so I have to keep buying more until I find the perfect one!!

disneydeb
01-06-2007, 06:32 AM
Purses, shoes and things for my soon-to-be new grandson! :mickey:

Flower
01-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Another scrapbooker here! I have so much stuff, and so many ideas in my head, it is finding the time to put everything onto paper! I think I own almost everything Disney scrapbook related - i just HAVE to buy the new stuff when it comes out.

We used to have a scrapbook thread in the water cooler - lets start one again! Scrapbook & Craft Club 2007 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=93286)

Jeri Lynn
01-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Boy, I'm beginning to feel quite boring...

I don't collect purses, I just use whatever I have at the time and I wear them out...usually a backpack style pocketbook. I don't care who they are made by as long as they serve my purpose...

Body lotions - although I love to be soft and smooth, I usually stick with non-scented stuff, many of the scented lotions give me a headache....

Scrapbooking - well I have all the creative memory scrapbooking stuff that's out...however I've yet to complete a book yet!!

I guess the only thing I can say that I used to buy alot of is underwear!! I have three drawers full, my last count was around 70 pair...but I haven't bought any for a while now!!

I wish I was more exciting!! :blush:

Surfer Stitch
01-06-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm a video game junkie. I have all the systems that have been on the market over the last 20 years. Although I'm partial to XBox. Mainly Xbox Live. If I have a free minute it seems like I'm getting in a game of Halo or Gears of War. My PSP and DS go every where I go.

Dsnygirl
01-07-2007, 03:44 AM
I just can't help myself when it comes to household stuff... I love pottery (esp. bowls) and quilts... old English plates (Johnson Bros. are my favorite) and decorating stuff for around the house. I should never go to another country craft show for as long as I live... they are my downfall! :blush:

Marilyn Michetti
01-07-2007, 11:18 AM
I make porcelain dolls, from 9 inch to 36 inches tall. They're all dressed, but I'm online all the time looking for new clothes for them. Nobody should have to wear the same clothes everyday.

DisneyCrazyET
01-07-2007, 07:50 PM
I agree with some of the earlier posts.
Dark chocolate and m & ms anytime. I was given two containers of emergency m&ms last Christmas, both have been refilled many times. Tiki GOddess if you ever find the best dark chocolate pass it on.
Photo - many, many boxes. I take both my digital and 35mm camera with me. I don't want to take any chances missing something. I've been sorting them and scrapbooking some.
And last but not least, socks. Ones for all seasons, holidays, whatever floats my boat. "What Not to Wear" would have a field day throwing them all out.(I recently watched a show where they said no one over a certain age should wear those kind of socks. Too bad.
Enjoy your day!

QTPie68
01-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Chocolate is not an addiction - - it is a necessity of life....

Now that we got that cleared up ;) ....my addiction is Winnie-the-pooh and the gang...they are everywhere, in every room, little ones, big ones, on my quilt on the bed, hanging on the walls as plates and pictures, rugs on the floor, pez dispeners, toys, books, DVDs, slippers, the shower curtain, towels, knick-knacs, soap dispensers, kitchen items, clothing, jewlery, watches.....when the cable man came he asked me how many children we had. I looked around and said..."oh none just two really big ones :here: ".

McLiberal8
01-07-2007, 08:22 PM
My obsessions have to be either politics or books (or both).
I am always reading the news, watching C-SPAN, or reading political books.
Right now I am reading 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins and 'The Unofficial Walt Disney World Guide'.
I'm weird. I know. :D
I cannot wait to watch the '08 Presidential runnings. Come on, Barack! :number1:

threeh
01-07-2007, 10:28 PM
I am currently addicted to Harry Potter fan fiction. Anytime I can i'm on line reading. I'm such a dork, I know!!!

thrillme
01-07-2007, 11:57 PM
I'm kinda a weird girl.

I do collect Hallmark Christmas ornaments. Alas I wear the same steel toed shoes every day, I hate to carry a purse (I put too much junk in it...it gets too heavy) and I LOVE super heros and monster/alien movies and I'm a sucker for cartoons.

SunnyLee
01-08-2007, 12:14 AM
yeah...def it is Disney...but I think the other big thang that I am totally into would be .....um.....okay there's disney..then there's disney again....uh wait let me think a little bit more....uh................................ I REALLY love Michael Buble..the singer...yeah I would say that singing and music and buying Disney cds would be my next big thang that just gets me. :mickey:

Tink&Goofy
01-08-2007, 01:25 AM
Chocolate is not an addiction - - it is a necessity of life....

My thoughts exactly! :yes: :exactly:

Actually, my top three are Chocolate, good coffee, and mint! - So just give me a Peppermint Mocha, and I'm a happy camper! :D :trio: :laughing:

I'm also addicted to sudoku - I just love those puzzles!! :D

AliceinDisney
03-16-2007, 12:51 AM
makeup for sure I use all the high end stuff Im a beauty product junky

and expensive handbags though I haven't bought one in a year.

Shoes I used to buy a new pair every week when I didnt have to rent to worry about.

aprilisis
03-16-2007, 11:17 AM
I have WAY too many addictions:
My dog (If she's not happy, I'm not happy):dog:
Shoes!!!!!!!
My gym
Lemon tea (esp. Dunkin' Donuts)
TV (I love it all) :tv:
I am sure there are more, but I can't think of them right now.
How could I forget- INTERCOT! :rocks:

pink
03-16-2007, 04:15 PM
My thing is probally either shirts or bags... especially when I walk into Target or Walmart since everything is so reasonably priced my eyes go right to the bag and clothing areas!

...I have a different twist , I collect bath & body products, different scents , different flavors, so I use a differenr one each time I shower, according to my mood

I do that too. I usually ask for a new type of perfume everything Christmas or Birthday and I always put on which scent matches my mood that day.

:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
03-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Books. I spend far too much money in the bookstore -- I wish I could decontaminate the books in the library -- It would be much less expensive!:mickey:

MScholl13
03-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Shoes are my addiction. It doesn't help that I work once in a week in the shoe department at Sears! I'm always finding good deals on shoes there, yesterday I got 2 pairs of shoes for $9.99! That makes my grand total to 20 pairs of shoes that I have bought in the last 6 months.:blush:

My only other addiction would be photography. I'm constantly taking pictures and it's a joke with my family and friends that I always have my camera on hand. My apartment has quite a few of the pictures I've taken in frames scattered around.

MsMin
03-17-2007, 11:31 AM
I showed my mother a picture of it once and told her when I was rich I was going to buy myself one. I guess she doesn't think I'll ever be able to buy one for myself.Joy
As a mom I would think she was just wanting to make all your dreams come true... enjoy it.

I guess the only thing I can say that I used to buy alot of is underwear!! I have three drawers full, my last count was around 70 pair...but I haven't bought any for a while now!!
I did this too but we have 2 yorkies and they help reduce the underwear population.

I am currently addicted to Harry Potter fan fiction. Anytime I can i'm on line reading. I'm such a dork, I know!!!
I love Harry Potter. Can't wait for the book.

I do collect Hallmark Christmas ornaments.
Another of my addictions, I've collected since 78- I can't wait for the kids to get married to make room for more ornaments :D

I'm also addicted to sudoku - I just love those puzzles!! :D Some ppl count sheep and I do sudoku before going to sleep that or re reading Harry Potter.

My dog (If she's not happy, I'm not happy):dog:
My kids think I love the dogs more than them- hey they don't talk back. :D

...I have a different twist , I collect bath & body products, different scents , different flavors, so I use a differenr one each time I shower, according to my mood I love buying extras esp. of scents I love. It's like I horde it for an emergency. Maybe it's left over from childhood and being w/o water for so long... A deep seated fear that I may never smell lovely again.

Crafting supplies, I am a complete nut about them. I have literally 3 ROOMS of them!!! Help!
Since I don't have a husband I have a garage full too. W/ an artsy dd we collect a lot of supplies.

For me I would have to say that it is movies and television series on DVD. I have to get another new shelving unit because all my current ones are stuffed. I make sure I go to walmart on Tues. for the latest releases @ a discount.

I also collect coffee cups, maybe b/c I'm always at my computer drinking it. I got the cutest one last wk from the Aquarium in N.O. My cabinets are full.

Jessie
03-17-2007, 11:36 AM
Another group of book people here. We've got so many books it was ridiculous when we had to move. Our dream is to a have a beautiful in home library (first we need the house). We've got a lot of complete series and are always looking to add more. We're so varied in our tastes though. We've get everything from Tom Clancy, Anne Rice and Dean Koontz, to Historical Nonfiction, Biographies and everything in between.

We've already started to pass this onto our DD. She has got so many books it's insane. She loves every one of them. I just can't pass up a new book for her when I'm out and if she shows an interest in one while she's out with me, I happily indulge her interest. The library is a favorite hang out :thumbsup:

Amaya-chan
03-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Music! :music: I can't get enough! I've been known to acquire over 100 songs in a week, whether I've bought a new CD, borrowed some, bought some on iTunes, etc. I'm almost to 1000 songs on my iPod, and it's STILL not adequate! Scary enough, too, I still listen to every single song on my iPod (obviously not in one sitting).

snowflakegirl
03-22-2007, 10:26 AM
I have a few addictions ...

Tea, all types kinds, flavors etc. I seriously have an entire cabinet in my kitchen that has nothing in it but tea. Stacked a few deep and as high up as the shelves will allow.

DH and I seem to have developed a decently large sized collection of dvds (tv on dvd and movies).

I'm a book lover, so we have a bunch of bookcases full of books (sometimes a few deep) and I have some books still stored at my parents house because we don't have room for them yet.

And I'm another fragrance bath and body stuff lover. Every year the day after Christmas I go to WalMart or Target and stock up on gift sets at the discount price and then throughout the year I add to them with things that I find anywhere. I'm also a sucker for handmade soaps. I love'em so much that I actually started making my own.

Oh and Yankee Candles. I used to um..."collect" them years ago, but a year and a half ago I took a part time job to get me through my unpaid internship at a Yankee Candle store and I started adding even more to my candles. I now have a "candle closet" three shelves with jars, tarts, votives and tea lights. I joke that they should just pay me in candles ... maybe it's not that much of a joke since I'm now employed full time, but I haven't left my part time job at YC yet, either. :blush:

aprilisis
03-22-2007, 10:47 AM
My kids think I love the dogs more than them- hey they don't talk back. :D
:funny: My grandmother gets mad at me when I tell her the dog IS her great-grandchild. :laughing: