PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else ever take a picture...

Tinkerbellaella
01-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Does anyone else ever take a picture of the ride photo? :blush: :secret: I have a hard time paying what they charge for the photo. I tried it once and it worked pretty good. You don't get the cute photo frame, but with digital scrapbooking you can make a very cute photo out of it.

smokester653
01-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Yes, we have. :blush: I'm sure there are others out there too!! Come on, don't be afraid, fess up you fellow Intercotees. :D Boy, it sure feels great to have it all out in the open. :woohoo:

berri_boo
01-03-2007, 10:22 PM
shhh....don't tell anyone....I do the same! Why am I going to shell out like 13 bucks to buy the pic when I can take a pic for free and it comes out perfectly fine? I can't wait until all the rides that have those pics are available on photopass......

JPL
01-03-2007, 10:26 PM
I actually got yelled for taking a picture of the one at Dinosaur last Year :(

cubbie
01-03-2007, 11:14 PM
We do take the pictures and have only had an issue with it once. An employee yelled that it wasn't allowed, and jumped in front of the camera and hit it. Granted, this was at Universal Studios, where they are just employees, not cast members. Makes you really appreciate the Disney touch.

Ella Loves Disney
01-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Okay, okay, I can't believe i'm going to admit this. I to take pictures of the ride photos. :sob:

We were actually spotted taking the picture by a CM and she was totally okay with it.

I must admit , I feel better now that it's all out in the open.:joy:

ToDisney
01-03-2007, 11:38 PM
I actually got yelled for taking a picture of the one at Dinosaur last Year :(

:blush: We only got the DIRTY look:nono:
And we've done it many times, I would have a real problem with someone hitting my camera.
Actually, I think I would have a problem with someone yelling at me too! The could just tell you politely that it isn't allowed. Then if Disney really has a problem with it they need to start posting signs.
What they need to be watching out for is those people who take pictures or video tape in rides that ask you not to. There must be a reason for that, but no one seems to listen to that announcement anymore.
OPPS :soapbox: fell off the old soap box again.

Piglet822
01-03-2007, 11:52 PM
When I was a CM at Splash Mountain I saw people taking pictures of their pictures all the time. I was never told by management that it wasn't allowed.

Tinkerbellaella
01-04-2007, 02:02 PM
I feel better now!!! I tried once after I saw someone else doing it and since it turned out I do it all the time. If it wasn't allowed you think there would be signs up stating so.

I would like the stricter enforcement to go towards people not obeying the video taping and flash photography in the rides and shows. Last time I was on the Pirates a person a couple boats ahead was snapping away. Why didn't anyone in that boat ask that person to stop? I could go on and on on this but that would be off topic...

Snowwite
01-04-2007, 03:17 PM
No but what a great idea!

Stu29573
01-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Ok, now for a dumb question...Do you just snap it off the video monitor or what? (It doesn't seem like it would come out very well...)

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
01-04-2007, 03:43 PM
This is an awesome tip and will save me a bit of money!! :D

Chris :hatter:

Mickey 101
01-04-2007, 03:47 PM
I never thought of doing it, but have to say I saw several people taking pictures of the ride photo monitors last week with cms standing there watching them. I didn't know if they would turn out OK, but will have to try it myself next time.

Altair
01-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Ok, now for a dumb question...Do you just snap it off the video monitor or what? (It doesn't seem like it would come out very well...)

Some turn out better than others. You need to be in front of the screen then zoom in to try to fill the frame. When you get home you can crop out everything you don't want. Don't use flash or it will bounce back and ruin the shot.

Stu29573
01-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Well what do ya know?
I honestly wouldn't have thought of that, but it sure seems like it might be worth a shot. Thanks! :D

CaptSmee
01-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Yup. Taken 'em here and they don't come out too bad. I've also purchased some too so I don't feel badly about doing it.

Cigar Rex
01-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Cool idea! I never thought of doing that and usually just rush right by those monitors because I have no intention of buying a photo of myself with an odd look on my face but for free I might be interested! I will have to try that next time and see how it turns out. A little Photoshop treatment would probably make it usable. Hmmm... :)

eas423
01-05-2007, 10:26 AM
huh....I tried this at E:E and I think there were plexiglass overlays in front of the screens that help prevent the picture from taking when doing this...the few times I tried it it wouldn't come out :(

Cigar Rex
01-05-2007, 10:35 AM
huh....I tried this at E:E and I think there were plexiglass overlays in front of the screens that help prevent the picture from taking when doing this...the few times I tried it it wouldn't come out :(

You probably need to use the zoom on your camera and turn the flash off if possible. Flash against a plexi cover would certainly mess up the picture. If it comes out kind of dark you could always brighten it up with your photo editing software of choice.

:woohoo: By the way, check it out we both are from NC and we both have 340 posts right now!

c&d
01-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Wow, what a great idea. Never entered my mind to take a picture of the picture. I'll have to try it next time and now that I've entered the digital world of photography I can see if it comes out.

castlelady36
01-05-2007, 12:02 PM
I hate to admit but I have done so many times as well and taken video. But I never use the light on my camera as I have seen some do. That just ruins the ride for others. Then again those who do tape it with the light post it on the internet and I am happy to watch it there to get my Disney fix......either way I am bad I guess.

MsMin
01-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Geez, I buy it and feel bad about scanning it in and making copies for everyone :blush: The pics on the screen are not as clear as the ones you buy. We only bought one Splash Mnt one this year and the TT was on Photopass, had to be the worse one we ever took but it was worth putting it on photopass just cuz we could.

Eeyore3138
01-06-2007, 06:04 PM
I did that A LOT on my past trip. I actually even went to the counter to have the CM pull up the picture so I can decide if I wanted it or not and when I decided not to buy, I asked if I could take a picture of it and he/she said SURE! So from then on, I took pics of the screens. They need to decide for sure if it's allowed or not because it's not fair that some tell you that you can't and others allow it.

JPL
01-06-2007, 06:13 PM
We do take the pictures and have only had an issue with it once. An employee yelled that it wasn't allowed, and jumped in front of the camera and hit it. Granted, this was at Universal Studios, where they are just employees, not cast members. Makes you really appreciate the Disney touch.

I have to say if a CM any place ever hit my camera I would have had a manager there in a second. I know it was Universal but they have no right to do that even if taking a picture is not allowed. I also would have written a letter to the parent company telling them about the incident with the names of the employees involved in this,

Donald A
01-06-2007, 07:03 PM
I never thought to do that but my wife and I have purchased ride photo a few years ago on the Tower of Terror and on our last trip one on Splash Mountain, our two favorite rides. We also got the neat 3D frames.

I imagine you are allowed to take pictures of those screens. I never saw a sign or anyone stating otherwise. They will probably figure out a way to keep you from getting a good picture though like a special glass or angle on the screens. There is a fine line, however, between restricting the view and making the photos available to easily see when you come off the ride. This is usually an "impulse buy" and if it becomes too much work to get a good look at the photo people won't buy.

Here we go again...
01-07-2007, 10:25 AM
We do both, that a picture of the monitor if the picture is just okay... and purchase the picture if it comes out well.
I cant wait for the day that all of the rides put the image on the photo pass. We loved getting out Test Track photos on our CD.

When my DD and DH ride CyberSpace Mountain at DQ I always go with them to the ride and take shot after shot of the monitor. The photos come out great and we get a good laugh. The CM has never said a word to us about it, so I always thought it was okay.
If you go to my home page and click on the album from November 18th you can see some of the photos.
(for some reason I can not post a link right now....)

dixielandings
01-07-2007, 11:13 AM
This is pretty much the same as guests asking Photopass photographers to take pics with their personal cameras, and CMs do it all the time without question or grumbling, like it's no big deal. If Disney ever starts to lose money over it, then we'll see signs, I'm sure. Until then, snap away!

clkelly
01-07-2007, 05:48 PM
I will have to try this. It sounds like a great idea, and yes, the pictures are expensive. Thanks for the tip.

Chris

Volleyball
01-07-2007, 09:03 PM
I always video tape and snap digital pics of the TV screens showing me (and my family) on the rides. The CM's have never done anything but smile at me. When I get home, if the digital pic is a little dark, I just photoshop it a bit until it looks great. My videos always come out perfectly. They make great memories. I've never purchased a Park photo...just shoot my own.

ann-marie
01-08-2007, 10:03 AM
What a great idea. Will have to give this ago.

garymacd
01-08-2007, 11:39 AM
shhh....don't tell anyone....I do the same! Why am I going to shell out like 13 bucks to buy the pic when I can take a pic for free and it comes out perfectly fine? I can't wait until all the rides that have those pics are available on photopass......
I think they missed the boat (gondola, spaceship, whatever) by not incuding these pictures on the photopass system.

Goes4FastPass
01-08-2007, 11:49 AM
:woohoo: By the way, check it out we both are from NC and we both have 340 posts right now!

Greetings from the corner of Trade and Tryon.

Surfer Stitch
01-08-2007, 12:02 PM
The only time I have ever done this is when we've already purchased a picture but ride again the picture just seems really good(most of the time we just put on goofy faces)

KAJUNKING
01-08-2007, 01:00 PM
never tried it but it does sound like a good idea

crmark1
01-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Never thought of that! We always stop and look at the pictures, but for the price never even thought of buying. Will try this in April!

GoofeyAtDisney
01-08-2007, 06:32 PM
My mom did once but it turned out it wasnt us! :blush: Hahaha!!! It was Tower of Terror so it was kinda hard to see, I guess....

Duchess99
01-10-2007, 12:01 AM
This is such a great idea...I can't believe I never thought of it!
Can someone post a link to one of their pics so we can see how they turn out?

MNDisney Dad
01-15-2007, 04:05 PM
If I remember, the last time I was on TestTrack, there was a slot just like the FastPass right below your picture so you could insert your PhotoPass and have it added. Could be wrong. Anyone else seen this?

lil jon 69
01-15-2007, 04:34 PM

I didn't know EE had a photo on it.

indytraveler
01-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Wow, what a great idea. Never entered my mind to take a picture of the picture. I'll have to try it next time and now that I've entered the digital world of photography I can see if it comes out.
Ditto

DisneyGiant
01-15-2007, 09:01 PM
When I was a CM at Splash Mountain I saw people taking pictures of their pictures all the time. I was never told by management that it wasn't allowed.

I tried to do that at Splash Mtn last year, was scolded, and prevented from doing it.

Maybe alot of people are trying to do this now......

GiltterDisneyGirl
01-16-2007, 03:39 AM
I take pictures of pictures all the time, but don't tell anyone!!!

There was one i didn't get this past trip and it was a really good one of me and my Dad and our friends that were with us keep telling us it was a great photo. So I got in line to hopfully see it and i almost cried it was so good, and Dad bought it. YAY but i hate those prices. We only got one but i am making a copy for our friends that were with us because his two girl were right behide us.

The only ride They really get mad about taking pictures is at Splash Mountain, and they really get mad at you! I've almost gotten into 5 fights with 5 differnt cast members because they get so mad at you. One almost took my camera off me to break it. But Hey i can always get them fried too! :D

wonderalice23
01-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Did that this trip a lot..Splash Mt was closed, so no issues there. This makes me think ofthe pics offered at character meals too. I think Disney would get a much better response by putting all types of photo experiences on Photopass...then u also have time to buy them after you arrive home! :mickey:

tinkerbellybutton
01-16-2007, 11:38 AM
I had never even thought of doing that. It would have saved us A LOT of money last year when we took Bruce's family for their first time.

Figgyluv03
01-24-2007, 01:26 PM
We got a family one done at Blizzard Beach on one of our trips. I don't remember the cost, but it's weird 'cause my parents never get them.

Buttercup
01-24-2007, 02:52 PM
I don't think I would take a photograph of it... but I've videotaped it quickly in passing.

Donald Duck 224
01-24-2007, 08:28 PM
WOW! I never thought of this. Im going to definatly try this. :secret:

handmaidenofprincesses
01-25-2007, 10:59 AM
i've never tried it but it certainly sounds like a good idea! the prices they charge for those photos are outrageous.. granted when you're in the park you're a captive audience.. but its always good to find ways to avoid that as much as possible!!

Off to Never Land
01-25-2007, 10:38 PM
One of the best memories I have of Disney is when my husband and I watched a fellow tourist take 1-2 rolls of film on the Small World....we laughed the entire time. But that guy has every moment caught on film...and we have a great memory ;)

minipoppins
01-25-2007, 11:11 PM
thats a good idea i don't think i have ever seen anyone doing it. we normally don't buy the pictures but my family likes looking at me face since i usually have a wierd look on it. instead my mom takes pictures on the rides even if you are not suppose to. one time on the haunted mansion she took a picture of the hidden mickey and right after it stoped and still to this day i am convinced it is from her need to take a picture.

Tinkerbellaella
09-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Has anyone taken a picture of their ride picture recently?

IloveDisney71
09-20-2007, 05:39 PM
I've only done this once. It was on Buzz and it was in June of '06. The picture actually came out pretty good. I wouldn't have even thought to do it, but we had gotten stuck on the ride for several minutes so I pulled out my camera to take pictures of my kids in the "cars" around us so I still had my camera out when we left the ride. I did make sure my flash was off and then when I got home I cropped off the edges.

09-20-2007, 11:33 PM
I haven't personally, but members of our party did when we went in May of this year and they did get scolded for doing this at a couple of the rides but I can't remember which ones. It may have even been Universal, I just don't remember. The pictures did come out pretty good though.

crltkcagle
09-22-2007, 10:51 PM
i seen lots of people doing this on our trip last week.

snifflesmcg
09-23-2007, 01:26 AM
The thought of taking a picture of the picture never crossed my mind until I saw somebody do it. From then on, so did I. Also, there are ALOT of people doing just the same. I haven't checked out in detail how mine came out but I know one looked OK.

Bringonthemouse!
09-23-2007, 08:19 AM
I think Disney would get a much better response by putting all types of photo experiences on Photopass...then u also have time to buy them after you arrive home! :mickey:

My thoughts exactly!!!!:thumbsup: