PDA

View Full Version : 4th 'Indiana Jones' to shoot in 2007

Melanie
01-02-2007, 08:31 AM
Lucas: 4th 'Indiana Jones' to shoot in 2007

BEVERLY HILLS, California (AP) -- George Lucas said Friday that filming of the long-awaited "Indiana Jones" movie will begin in 2007.

Harrison Ford, who appeared in the three earlier flicks, the last one coming in 1989, is set to star again.

Lucas said he and Steven Spielberg recently finalized the script for the film.

"It's going to be fantastic. It's going to be the best one yet," the 62-year-old filmmaker said during a break from preparing for his duties as grand marshal of Monday's Rose Parade.

Exact film locations have not been decided yet, but Lucas said part of the movie will be shot in Los Angeles.

"George, Harrison and I are all very excited," Spielberg said, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "We feel that the script was well worth the wait. We hope it delivers everything you'd expect from our history with Indiana Jones."

In a statement, the 64-year-old Ford said he was ready for another turn as the globe-trotting archaeologist. "I'm delighted to be back in business with my old friends," he said. "I don't know if the pants still fit, but I know the hat will."

The fourth chapter of the "Indiana Jones" saga, which will hit theaters in May 2008, has been in development for over a decade with several screenwriters taking a crack at the script, but it only recently gained momentum. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the script that met the three principals' approval is by David Koepp ("Jurassic Park," "War of the Worlds," "Spider-Man").

Lucas kept mum about the plot, but said that the latest action flick will be a "character piece" that will include "very interesting mysteries."

"I think it's going to be really cool," Lucas said.

At the inaugural Rome Film Festival in October, the 64-year-old Ford said he was excited to team up with Lucas and Spielberg again for the fourth "Indiana Jones" installment. Ford said he was "fit to continue" to play the title role despite his age.

Ford played Indiana Jones in 1981's "Raiders of the Lost Ark," 1984's "Temple of Doom" and 1989's "The Last Crusade."

Lucas praised Ford for breathing life into his character.

"Mostly it's the charm of Harrison that makes it work," he said.

WDWhuny
01-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Thank you for posting such good news! I love Indiana Jones movies. They have everything a great movie needs, a great plot and strong characters with believable character motivation. The icing on the top is Harrison Ford! :mickey:

Womble
01-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the update! :thumbsup:

I’m glad Lucas, Spielberg and Ford was able to agree a script and start date for the movie.
We’ve only been waiting ten years for this news! :(

PirateLover
01-02-2007, 12:42 PM
:clappy: :clappy: :woohoo:

GothMickey
01-02-2007, 01:08 PM
I heard a rumor Natalie Portman was going to play Indiana Jones' teenage daughter in the movie. Can she pass for a teenager anymore?

Dixie Springs
01-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the good news! :thumbsup:

2Epcot
01-03-2007, 12:45 AM
That is great news. If anyone could finally get a good script written it would be David Koepp. I love a lot of the movies he's written, and I enjoy his storytelling style. Can't wait to see Indy again.

sunlyon
01-03-2007, 06:52 AM
Go Indiana!
:joy: :clappy: :woohoo:

PrincessCandaceMarie
01-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the update! :thumbsup:

I’m glad Lucas, Spielberg and Ford was able to agree a script and start date for the movie.
We’ve only been waiting ten years for this news! :(
I know! I can't wait for this, it's going to be so awesome! And mmmm hmmmmm to Mr. Ford still looks amazing at 64....yeah baby!!! (thats to shut up all those news casters this morning who said he's too old to be Indy! How dare they say that!!!!)

Gayle
01-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Sure hope they bring back, Sean Connery as his dad again, they had great chemistry!!!!! :thumbsup:

Crow
01-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Heres hopeing it will b good! Connery will hopefully b back to help make it great

Jeff
01-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Great news!

LarryBoy
07-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Good news, they've started filming Indiana Jones 4 this week in Hawaii. You'll be glad to know that the now 65 year old Harrison Ford can still fit into his Indy outfit. :thumbsup:

2Epcot
07-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Good news, they've started filming Indiana Jones 4 this week in Hawaii. You'll be glad to know that the now 65 year old Harrison Ford can still fit into his Indy outfit. :thumbsup:

Entertainment Tonight has shown video from the set on their show, and have a picture of Harrsion on the set on their website. There are also video clips on the official Indiana Jones site. From the clips I've seen they all seem to be having a good time. Looking forward to opening weekend, I remember the excitement of the first Raiders of the Lost Ark movie at the theater.

DisneyJunkie
07-16-2007, 08:44 PM
I also caught this bit of information from another site:

The Associated Press reports that Harrison Ford, who turned 65 on Friday, is doing most of his own stunts for Indiana Jones 4.

"He's doing them, he just has a few more ice packs and a few more massages," producer Kathleen Kennedy said.

"And a lot of Celebrex," producer Frank Marshall added.

The movie just completed the first of three weeks of filming in Hawaii, after spending a week each in New Mexico and Connecticut. The lush areas surrounding Hilo are filling in as a South American rain forest.

The film's biggest action sequences are being filmed in Hawaii. Marshall compared one scene to the thrilling, white-knuckled truck chase in the desert in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

"It's that level," he said.

Hawaii will be featured in about 20 percent of the film. About half will be from sets in Los Angeles. The Aloha State was also the backdrop for portions of "Raiders."

Kennedy promised movie fans, who have patiently waited since the 1989 Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, would get the same level of excitement as the previous three films.

"The cleverness, the humor and the tone of Indiana Jones is very much alive and well in this movie," Kennedy said.

NJDad
07-17-2007, 06:33 AM
Doesn't every action story actor say they do 'many of their own stunts'?

They filmed a week at Yale-changing all the storefronts to a 50s look. (My uncle stopped to look at the campus on a trip and was got the bonus to see the makeover, but not any shooting).

There's some photos on This Modern World, a site that usually has nothing much to do with movies.