PDA

View Full Version : EE Question

A Foolish Mortal
12-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Was Expedition Everest everything it lived up to be, and more, or did it fall flat? I'm leaving tomorrow, and I can't wait to ride it!!!!!!!!!!!1

MsMin
12-30-2006, 12:18 PM
I can't say it was the most awesome ride but it's better than fine. I enjoyed it and will do it again. :D

GrumpyFan
12-30-2006, 12:23 PM
It's a great ride, sure to be a classic.

The only complaint I have about it is that it's a little on the short side (length of the ride), other than that the Yeti is incredible (when working) and the ride is lots of fun.

IamBelle
12-30-2006, 12:33 PM
I only rode EE once, and I LOVED IT!! From the scenery while you wait, to the actual ride. When I first went on, I have to admit, I was a little nervous, but in the end, I LOVED it and I am definitley (sp?) going to ride it when I go back!! :mickey:

dumbodoughboy
12-30-2006, 01:20 PM
My hubby and I rode E:E twice during our trip in Nov., and my biggest regret is that we didn't ride it more! It is an awesome ride, the theming is wonderful, and to top it off, my hubby, who is not a roller coaster fan, was pulling me to go on it a second time!!! I recommend riding it at least twice, the first time you will be "getting your bearings", and the second time, you can really focus on enjoying the ride and scenery. Have fun....it's the best!

Tonytheplumber
12-30-2006, 04:13 PM
My wife and I rode it 5 times in a row highly recomend getting the front car for the view.:clappy:

spoonfulosugar
12-30-2006, 06:14 PM
The themeing is WAY TOO COOL! My only complaint is that we really didn't get to enjoy waiting for the ride. I know that sounds weird...but there is TONS to look at as you wait in line (if there is a line). We were there early in the morning so we all flew through the line several times last week. Hope you enjoy it! The Yeti is great...my 16 month old son now has a little Yeti doll at home!

Jeri Lynn
12-30-2006, 06:41 PM
I voted that "it was fine"....however, I thought the ride was great (at least the parts I saw)...however, it was a little too intense for me and I do not intend to ride it again but am very glad that I tried it at least once.

I don't mind being scared, for me it is more a vertigo issue, especially the going backwards part and I wouldn't want to chance it for a second time...I might be pushing my luck. :blush:

A Foolish Mortal
12-30-2006, 07:14 PM
I voted that "it was fine"....however, I thought the ride was great (at least the parts I saw)...however, it was a little too intense for me and I do not intend to ride it again but am very glad that I tried it at least once.

I don't mind being scared, for me it is more a vertigo issue, especially the going backwards part and I wouldn't want to chance it for a second time...I might be pushing my luck. :blush:

Good for you! At least you tried it. You know, EE is only about 10 mph slower than Rock'n'Rollercoaster. You should try that! (If you get around to it) RNR doesn't have any big hills, but it does go upside down.

thrillme
12-30-2006, 07:29 PM
I thought it was better than "fine" but not quite extreme. We rode it 3 times and really enjoyed it. I would have liked it to be a little more "intense" especially when it went backwards. But then I ALWAYS want it more "intense".

I always think about Bill Cosby's Roland and the Roller Coaster...I don't want you to kill me but I want you to scare me.

MinnieMommie
12-30-2006, 08:54 PM
I love EE! It is beautifully themed and a not to miss experience. We flying down in the morning. Can't wait to ride EE again! :mickey:

Jared
12-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Expedition Everest is an excellent attraction, and definitely the best roller coaster in Walt Disney World. Unlike Mission: SPACE, this ride lives up to the hype and expectations.

Tinkerbellaella
12-30-2006, 10:14 PM
Awesome ride; too short

Ms.Disney
12-30-2006, 10:54 PM
DF & I loved it!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
12-30-2006, 11:49 PM
We loved it!! Especially my 9 and 7 year old son's. :thumbsup:

Disdude
12-31-2006, 12:00 AM
It is now our favorite attraction at WDW. We rode it 2 times in January during the DVC/AP Preview and 5 times during the first hour the park was open one day in November. It is awesome! From the theming to the thrilling aspects of the ride system, it is top notch.

DisneyAggies
12-31-2006, 10:30 AM
I'd ride it a million times in a row--just to see that Yeti!! The most amazing AA in my opinion!!

metroliner
12-31-2006, 01:26 PM
We loved it last summer and can't wait till this summer to do it some more!!! We've been trying to decide if you go upside down backwards?? Does anyone know ???

lil jon 69
12-31-2006, 01:35 PM
:mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :) This is one of the best rides in WDW. I rode it twice when we went there in April. The only bad part is that MK probably won't get a Matterhorn since this is basically its big brother.

WDWdriver
12-31-2006, 02:44 PM
We've been trying to decide if you go upside down backwards?? Does anyone know ???

You do not go upside down on this ride. There is a place during the backwards portion where it feels like it, but it is really just a high banked spiral.

Donald Duck 224
12-31-2006, 04:00 PM
It lived up to the hype and will be a great ride for years.

ccnykamp
12-31-2006, 04:26 PM
The ride was fantastic. Not the most "thirilling' roller coaster ever, but the theaming made it awesome in our book.

I also have to 'give props' for the queue. The theaming in the line is awesome. This is the first ride I look forward to waiting in line because it is so entertaining.

A++ in my book.

LibertyTreeGal
12-31-2006, 06:25 PM
I absolutely loved EE, it was so wonderful to look at while I was eating at the Flame Tree Barbeque (really adds to the ambiance, even with the screaming) -- but you wouldn't catch this ride-weenie dead on it.

bwaydiva
12-31-2006, 08:32 PM
I only got to ride it once while I was down there and it was SO worth it.

DVC2004
12-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Truly amazing, from the queue through the ride. Disney at its finest!

DigitalDaredevil
01-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Great Ride! I just wish it was a little bit longer.

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah-Dave
01-01-2007, 09:44 PM
The EE is amazing, but be warned, if you have any inclination toward motion sickness - BEWARE!! The Yeti might not get you, but the ride will. It was so sad, I really looked forward so much to this, but it cost me most of the day to get over the motion sickness. Boo!!
Last time I felt like that was just after Body Wars our first visit. Some of us never learn!
ZADDDD :ack:

Red Randal
01-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Expedition Everest is everything it is billed to be and then some. Simply the greatest roller coaster anywhere.

RAIDER
01-02-2007, 07:59 AM
It was brilliant and i was lucky enough to be on the front carriage !!! :number1:

swampfox28
01-30-2007, 11:02 PM
AWESOME, AWESOME, A W E S O M E ! ! !

We just returned to the "real" world from our FAVORITE world - WDW!

I have to say, the first time I rode EE I needed an hour or so before I could consider riding it again. I almost didn't as I kinda got a headache from the first ride and was nervous - but my fears were off base. The ride, once I knew what to expect (more or less!) was SO AWESOME the 2nd (and 3rd and 4th) times around that I just couldn't get enough!! Now I'm hard pressed to choose which I like more - EE or RnRC!!!!!

To those who are too scared: try it!
To those who tried it once and are still scared: it's SO much better once you realize you WON'T die and your body realizes it TOO!! (hehe!)

SO much fun - can't WAIT to do it again!!

On another note - ToT was NOT as much fun as I remember at all... did I get the "random sequence of death" ride or just had completely forgotten how intense it was?!!? I SWEAR it wasn't bad and I kinda liked it 3 years ago.. but riding it last week - it was a totally different ride! My DS (9) says he no longer wants to ride elevators. Ever. Period... (poor kiddo!!)

-Sarah

DREAMADREAM93
01-30-2007, 11:49 PM
EE was the bomb-diggety. :]
Enjoy your trip!

- Jordan

ThanxForNoticin
01-31-2007, 07:30 AM
EE is an awesome ride and a must-do - probably more than once.

moe513
01-31-2007, 08:41 AM
It was a fun ride and still good for a family.

alilprincessmom
01-31-2007, 09:36 AM
Expedition Everest was awesome! It embodies everything a Disney ride should be about! The audioanimatronic Yeti is incredible, and the queue is AWESOME! The ride itself doesn't rate in the top for excitement and thrill factor, but everything total makes for a fantastic ride!

RocknBev
01-31-2007, 09:58 AM
I rode it 5 times on Friday and loved every minute of it! :thumbsup: My favorite was riding the in the last car...especially for the backwards sequence! I agree that it has the best of everything you could want in a ride!

c&d
01-31-2007, 10:52 AM
We loved it when we rode the first time. Even though I had read how it went backwards I was not prepared for how fast it went backwards.

I also think the standby line is excellent. The first time we rode it we were in the standby line for about 50 mins and the time flew by.

Jenemmy
01-31-2007, 10:53 AM
We had to do a baby swap for this ride, and I was waiting in the gift shop near the exit for my DH and DS to finish their ride. I noticed that every train that pulled in after finishing the ride had it's passengers applauding! I knew I was in for a good ride!

HndrdPrcnt
01-31-2007, 11:02 AM
For those who were saying that it was amazing, you must have gotten on the ride with a whole different set of expectations than what I had. I was hoping for a real "thrill" ride and I think that EE fell flat in this area.

Disney really needs some attractions that are going to compete with the attractions at Universal. So far, not a one!!! If Disney wants to keep people on their property, they really need some high-thrill attractions.

Figgyluv03
01-31-2007, 12:25 PM
I haven't rode it yet, but I'm definetely going to make that a priority on my next trip especially because I haven't really been to animal kingdom. Yeah, two months of working there and I haven't explored AK yet.

ChipnDaleGal
01-31-2007, 04:50 PM
I love it!! It is such a thrilling ride, I LOVE the view of WDW when you are up high and outside, and I think the themeing is perfect!! :thumbsup:

Surfer Stitch
01-31-2007, 04:55 PM
It was fine. I can't say I'd put it in my top five but is an attraction I will look forward to each visit. I'm sure it will become a classic as time goes by.

Ella Loves Disney
01-31-2007, 04:58 PM
I love this ride, I think it's the best ride in Disney. My family and I rode it 4 times on our last visit in July. I also love the themeing :number1:

ghp918
01-31-2007, 05:34 PM
LOL! I saw this post and thought "early entry"... :blush: can you tell I haven't been on it yet?

Mickey07
01-31-2007, 05:53 PM
I think that EE is one of the best rides that WDW has come out with in a little while. I wish it would last longer though. Have fun on your trip.

swampfox28
02-01-2007, 12:14 AM
For those who were saying that it was amazing, you must have gotten on the ride with a whole different set of expectations than what I had. I was hoping for a real "thrill" ride and I think that EE fell flat in this area.

Disney really needs some attractions that are going to compete with the attractions at Universal. So far, not a one!!! If Disney wants to keep people on their property, they really need some high-thrill attractions.

I can't say I agree here. :confused: I think if people want those high octane thrill rides, they can go to Universal (or elsewhere). As for me, MS, RoRC and EE are about as much as I want to handle - and will enjoy! :thumbsup: ToT was even TOO much (this recent time, anyway! :sick: ) Most people that go to WDW go for the magic factor - those favorite attractions - and the family atmosphere. I don't think there are too many disney-philes that are disappointed with what WDW has to offer...

-Sarah

HndrdPrcnt
02-01-2007, 02:11 AM
I can't say I agree here. :confused: I think if people want those high octane thrill rides, they can go to Universal (or elsewhere). As for me, MS, RoRC and EE are about as much as I want to handle - and will enjoy! :thumbsup: ToT was even TOO much (this recent time, anyway! :sick: ) Most people that go to WDW go for the magic factor - those favorite attractions - and the family atmosphere. I don't think there are too many disney-philes that are disappointed with what WDW has to offer...

-Sarah

Oh contrar Sarah -

There is a large contingency of us who would like to see Disney step-it-up a notch with thrill rides. That is why the idea of a villians park has been mentioned so many times. You could fill the park with all high-octane loop and corkscrew till you puke type of rides and Disney would gain a whole new group of lovers. Not to say that I don't love Disney, because I do. However, for me and my desires, I would love some real powerful thrill rides that you can find at Universal Islands of Adventure or at Six Flags. This would keep me coming back to Disney for vacations and keep me from spending my $$ in other places.

MickeyandTink
05-02-2007, 11:52 AM
This is one of the best rides in WDW. I rode it twice when we went there in April. The only bad part is that MK probably won't get a Matterhorn since this is basically its big brother.
The Matterhorn was mine and DW's (then DGF) favorite ride when we went to DL. It sounds like EE may be even better. Can't wait until September!! :vacation:

Namine'
05-02-2007, 12:10 PM
It's a great ride the whole family loved it. We road it several times.:thumbsup:

BritCody
05-02-2007, 12:33 PM
I didn't have high expectations for EE. However, after riding it I think it is a great ride.

LIGHTNING MC-DAD
05-03-2007, 06:37 AM
Easily our favorite ride at AK now. We loved it.

Mom2princesses
05-03-2007, 09:49 AM
I didn't vote because I have not has a chance to ride it but I am looking forward to it in August. My 10 yo dd loves rides like this and she even rode RNRC when she was only 5!

Should be fun. I love reading everyone's responses.

Thanks for asking!

GrmGrninGost
05-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Coolest coaster ever!!:thumbsup:

Mickey91
05-04-2007, 12:52 AM
Coolest coaster ever!!:thumbsup:

No thank you! You can have my Fast passes!:mickey: Looks like we'll be there at the same time!! Maybe we'll run into each other!!:hi: :elephant:

4ubie1
05-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Ok..I'll admit it..I haven't gotten to ride E:E yet. But i have heard fantastic things about it and seen plenty of video. I think that as long as you like thrill rides and :coaster: I think you will be ok on this and will probably enjoy it too :thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
05-05-2007, 11:09 AM
How do you beat a coaster that goes forward and backwards... and has a YETT?!?!?! EE is a fantastic ride. On top of that, it has to be one of the most beautiful roller coasters ever built. It's definitely an "experience." :mickey:

pook@wdw
05-05-2007, 04:35 PM
We anxiously watched while it slowly rose above the horizon! We patiently waited w/great anticipation for the adventure to begin. And when the day finally came to experience this new behemoth, we were definitely NOT disappointed!!
We rode it 4 times in a row ! The attention to detail in the attraction is incredible! From the entrance to the queue, to the time you disembark from the train. (loved the backwards in the dark part). This is most assuredly a top 10 @ Disney!:thumbsup:

future_imagineer
05-06-2007, 09:32 AM
One of the best rides at WDW, and the second best queue there (ToT being the best).