PDA

View Full Version : Disneys Photo Pass PHOTO BOOK

Monkeespaw
12-26-2006, 08:47 PM
I hope I am posting in the right place. Has anyone created a "photobook" online at www.disneyphotopass.com? I just came back from Disney and decided to do this as a digital scrapbook rather than the tradional scrapbook. I spent a few hours putting it all together online and then realized that the website never mentions the size of the photobook. Does anyone know how big it is? Approximate dimensions would be great. I emailed them but am yet to receive a response.

Thanks so much!

mmouse566
12-27-2006, 10:14 AM
This is going to be of little help so sorry in advance but I saw it at Mousefest. The Disney photopass people were there and promoting it. As I recall it was longer than wide, maybe 11x8 1/2 ? It was sharp looking though. Very slick, very colorful. They had different covers but I liked the one you could personalize. I plan on doing one next month. Hope yours turns out.

Monkeespaw
12-28-2006, 09:22 AM
Actually that is a big help. As long as it isn't really tiny, like a 5x7 album. I am very excited! I ordered it.

Thanks again! :mickey:

disneyfun07
09-26-2007, 10:18 AM
I have a couple of questions about Disney's photobook. First, does anyone know the total number of pages allowed. I know it comes with 20 and you can buy extras, but I was wondering how many extras you can buy. Also, has anyone purchased one and how did it come out? Any other answers to the questions I will have, but haven't thought of yet ;) would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hayden's Dad
09-27-2007, 10:20 AM
We bought one in November and we were pleasently surprised when we recieved it. It is a large book, probably close to 10x14 black plush cover that can be persnalized with silver ink. It comes with 20 pages, but you can add more we added I think four extra pages. The pages were very nice high quality printing. You have several options for picture placement either photopass or your own uploaded. The only small complaint I had was not having a lot of control over the writing in the book. On some of the pages I would have written more or changed the font, but couldn't. I think we paid a total of around $78.00. I know that sounds like a lot, but I was impressed with the finished product.:thumbsup:

Lucyrella
09-27-2007, 10:27 AM
I just recieved ours last week from our trip in August and it is gorgeous. For an additional $1.49 you can add extra pages. You get twenty that is included in the price. I did the $69.95 book which allowed me to use the Disney Photo Pass photos, upload our photos and use their photo gallery. There is a lot of choices as far as backgrounds and themes. The book is about 8 and half inches long and 11 inches wide. The pages are beautiful, the only thing I would recommend is if using any of your own pictures to make sure that if you have an over exposed photo or underexposed that you color correct it before using it. I think it was worth every penny.

scootch713
09-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Ditto the quality, very nice. I had ordered two copies of the book I made of the trip we took taking my niece who had cancer. Well, she died in March and EVERYONE was loving the book, so i emailed photopass and told them the situation and wanted to order a couple more(mine were getting all finger printed)... My pics had expired, but within a week, they sent me two more copies, free of charge!

They could expand the text though... one drawback. And you can do a similar book at shutterfly.com(without disney backgrounds though) for half the price.

disneyfun07
10-02-2007, 01:19 PM
I have one more question. When adding text in some instances it will say you have 100 characters. After typing everything in before it automatically stops you, I go to check it under preview and not all of the text shows up-it cuts off the end. Has this happened to others and when you finally got the book did it include all the text you wrote in the text box even if it didn't include it in the preview? I'm hoping and assuming that if has an automatic stop to it then it would include everything you got into it, but I would be so disappointed if something got cut off mid-sentence.

disneyfun07
10-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Also, if anyone else who has gotten the book knows, sometimes my pictures (both my own personal and their photopass pictures) are blurry looking once I add them to the page even though they are not that way when just the picture comes up for editing. Will it stay blurry when the book comes to me or is that just a problem with the image from the editor? Sorry about all the questions, its just a lot of time and money that will be spent and I want it to look good. Thanks so much!