PDA

View Full Version : characters cast in different stories

Brer Robert
12-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Here's an interesting idea folks: If you could cast a Disney cartoon/movie with other Disney characters, which ones would you choose? I'd probably put Mickey and friends in "Peter Pan" because I once saw a limited edition lithograph of them doing it and it worked out well. Here's the cast list:

Mickey - Peter Pan
Minnie - Tinkerbell
Daisy - Wendy
Chip + Dale - Michael and John
Goofy - Captain Hook
Donald - Smee
Pluto - Nana and the Crocodile
Clarabelle + Horace - Mr. and Mrs. Darling
Morty + Ferdy(Mickey's nephews from the comics and storybooks), Huey, Dewey, and Louie - the Lost Boys

That's pretty much it. Now it's your turn.

DisneyNut2005
12-23-2006, 11:33 AM
(bump)

Brer Robert
12-23-2006, 10:53 PM
(bump)

Is that good or bad? :confused:

DisneyNut2005
12-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Is that good or bad? :confused:

It's good, because this sounds like an interesting topic and it'd be nice to see what other people think.

Anyway, I like your Peter Pan cast list. Nice choices for who to play the roles and a nice assortment of characters were used.

Brer Robert
12-24-2006, 12:30 AM
I like your Peter Pan cast list. Nice choices for who to play the roles and a nice assortment of characters were used.

I just also thought about using Clara Cluck as Tiger Lily, Pete as an alternative for the Crocodile(if Pluto doesn't work out as the croc), Max and PJ from "Goof Troop" as additional Lost Boys, and some of the "Goof-ateers"(I'm referring to those earless Goofys that appeared in some Goofy cartoons) as generic pirates.

DisneyNut2005
01-07-2007, 05:12 PM
I just also thought about using Clara Cluck as Tiger Lily, Pete as an alternative for the Crocodile(if Pluto doesn't work out as the croc), Max and PJ from "Goof Troop" as additional Lost Boys, and some of the "Goof-ateers"(I'm referring to those earless Goofys that appeared in some Goofy cartoons) as generic pirates.

Nice casting.

However, I don't think Pete would make a good crocodile. I like the idea of Pluto having more than one role, but if Pluto doesn't work in the Croc role, maybe you could consider casting Butch (Pluto's bulldog rival) as the Croc--Butch is vicious enough anyway.

Brer Robert
01-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Nice casting.

However, I don't think Pete would make a good crocodile. I like the idea of Pluto having more than one role, but if Pluto doesn't work in the Croc role, maybe you could consider casting Butch (Pluto's bulldog rival) as the Croc--Butch is vicious enough anyway.

Good idea, thanks for suggesting that. Another great idea for a cast swap in a Disney story was to use the Jungle Book characters in Winnie the Pooh:

Baloo as Pooh

Mowgli as Christopher Robin

King Louie as Tigger (Shere Khan would make a rather frightning Tigger, King Louie has more of the Tigger energy and is silly enough)

Baghera as either Rabbit or Owl

Kaa the Snake as the Heffalumps and Woozles

Any other ideas are welcome.

glenpreece
01-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Hmm I can't really think of anyone that would work as a change. Maybe Gaston as Hercules since he is ripped? You could do Mickey as Aladdin and Minnie as Jasmine, with Goofy as the Genie.

Brer Robert
01-13-2007, 11:16 PM
Just recently, I thought about using Mickey and friends in "High School Musical". Of course, you'd have to be familiar with the characters of HSM to understand where I'm getting at. Here's how the cast would be:

Mickey - Troy Bolton

Minnie - Gabriella Montez

Donald - Chad Danforth

Daisy - Taylor McKessie

Clarabelle and Horace - Sharpay and Ryan Evans

Goofy - Zeke

Clara Cluck - Ms. Darbus

Those are just a few examples of Mickey's "High School Musical". Anyone want to expand on this one?

Surfer Stitch
01-14-2007, 12:27 AM
Wow nice topic. Lots of possibilities out there. Let's see a couple might be putting Mickey and friends in the Toy Story movies like

Woody-Mickey
Buzz-Donald
Slinky-Pluto
Rex-Goofy
Bo Peep-Minnie
Zurg-Pete
Little Green Aliens-Chips and Dales

There are so many more. I'd like to see the Pooh characters cast in a lot of the movies but they miss a strong female character other than Kanga.

Brer Robert
01-14-2007, 01:58 AM
I'd like to see the Pooh characters cast in a lot of the movies but they miss a strong female character other than Kanga.

They DO have Kessie the bluebird from some of the Pooh cartoons from tv as well as "The Book of Pooh", they're also going to come out with a new show with a girl character as the Christopher Robin-type kid.

DisneyNut2005
01-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Just recently, I thought about using Mickey and friends in "High School Musical". Of course, you'd have to be familiar with the characters of HSM to understand where I'm getting at. Here's how the cast would be:

Mickey - Troy Bolton

Donald - Chad Danforth

Daisy - Taylor McKessie

Clarabelle and Horace - Sharpay and Ryan Evans

Goofy - Zeke

Clara Cluck - Ms. Darbus

Those are just a few examples of Mickey's "High School Musical". Anyone want to expand on this one?

Here's one addition:

Webbigail "Webby" Vanderquack: Kelsi Nielsen

DisneyNut2005
01-31-2007, 01:03 PM
Here's one, with Mickey and friends in "Robin Hood":

Mickey: Robin Hood

Minnie: Maid Marian

Goofy: Little John

Clara Cluck: Lady Kluck

Percy Pig: Friar Tuck

Mortimer Mouse: Prince John

Pete: Sheriff of Nottingham

Chip 'n Dale: Nutsy & Trigger

Donald: Allan-A-Dale

Horace Horsecollar: King Richard

magicman
01-31-2007, 05:12 PM
I know this is off of the original instructions, but I was intrigued and went on a tangent.

STAR WARS CASTED BY DISNEY CHARACTERS
Mickey - Luke
Minnie - Leah
Goofy - Han Solo
Jiminy Cricket - Obi Wan
Jafar - Darth Vader

Brer Robert
01-31-2007, 09:43 PM
Here's one addition:

Webbigail "Webby" Vanderquack: Kelsi Nielsen

Ahh, very wise idea. Using the classic tv show characters. Here's another one to go with that one:

Launchpad McQuack: Coach Bolton

Brer Robert
01-31-2007, 09:46 PM
I know this is off of the original instructions, but I was intrigued and went on a tangent.

STAR WARS CASTED BY DISNEY CHARACTERS
Mickey - Luke
Minnie - Leah
Goofy - Han Solo
Jiminy Cricket - Obi Wan
Jafar - Darth Vader

Now THAT is a major use of originality, great idea! I can picture Jiminy as the best Disney Obi-Wan.

DisneyNut2005
01-31-2007, 09:50 PM
Just to let you all know, I just made a couple of changes to my Mickey and friends in "Robin Hood" list.

Red Randal
02-01-2007, 07:59 PM
This is quite the intriguing little thread.

Everyone I've seen so far has been really good.

I love the Star Wars idea. Though we then run into the problem of Jafar being Mickey's father. Maybe we can adjust the cast a little bit:

Mickey Mouse as Luke Skywalker
Minnie Mouse as Princess Leia
Goofy as Obi-Wan
Baloo as Han Solo
King Louie as Chewbaca
Donald Duck as C3PO (The idea of Donald as a translator is hilarious enough in its own right.)
Rifiki as Yoda
Pete as Jaba the Hut

We can also get into the pre-quels:
Mickey Mouse as Anakin Skywalker
Minnie Mouse as Padme Amadala
Goofy as Obi-Wan
Donald Duck as C3PO
Rifiki as Yoda
Mushu as Jar Jar Binks
Scrooge McDuck as Palpatine

We could go on and on.

Brer Robert
02-01-2007, 09:26 PM
This is quite the intriguing little thread.

Everyone I've seen so far has been really good.

I love the Star Wars idea. Though we then run into the problem of Jafar being Mickey's father. Maybe we can adjust the cast a little bit:

Mickey Mouse as Luke Skywalker
Minnie Mouse as Princess Leia
Goofy as Obi-Wan
Baloo as Han Solo
King Louie as Chewbaca
Donald Duck as C3PO (The idea of Donald as a translator is hilarious enough in its own right.)
Rifiki as Yoda
Pete as Jaba the Hut

We can also get into the pre-quels:
Mickey Mouse as Anakin Skywalker
Minnie Mouse as Padme Amadala
Goofy as Obi-Wan
Donald Duck as C3PO
Rifiki as Yoda
Mushu as Jar Jar Binks
Scrooge McDuck as Palpatine

We could go on and on.

More great ideas, but who would be R2-D2? How about Donald be R2-D2 while Launchpad McQuack could be C-3PO?

Red Randal
02-03-2007, 11:11 AM
More great ideas, but who would be R2-D2? How about Donald be R2-D2 while Launchpad McQuack could be C-3PO?

Possible, but since R2 doesn't have "lines" per se, he doesn't need to be cast. He could just be a cartoon version of himself.

Maybe Mufasa could play Darth Vader? Haha.

Khfan13
04-24-2007, 11:15 AM
bump:cart: :wave:

Brer Robert
06-10-2007, 11:26 PM
I know this topic hasn't been active in a while, but I just came up with a new idea: a Mickey and Friends re-cast of Disney Channel's "Suite Life of Zack and Cody". Here's how it would go:

Chip + Dale - Zack + Cody Martin(Chip would be Cody and Dale would be Zack, naturally)

Clarabelle Cow - Ms. Martin

Minnie Mouse - Maddie Fitzpatrick

Daisy Duck - London Tipton

Donald Duck - Mr. Moseby

Jose' Carioca - Estaban the bell-boy

Gyro Gearloose(from the old Donald Duck comics) - Arwin the mechanic

Anyone who's ever seen "Zack and Cody" would agree with this re-casting. I also have ideas of using Horace Horsecollar as Ms. Martin's ex-husband and Clara Cluck as Muriel the lazy cleaning lady.

LaDracul
06-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Kingdom Hearts (Yeah, I know it's also Disney...)

Mickey-Sora

Minnie-Kairi

Donald-Riku

Goofy-Roxas

Malina-Olette (You've got to see the connection behind that one...)

Max-Pence

Daisy-Namine

Launchpad McQuack-Hayner

Khfan13
06-15-2007, 05:58 PM
But since Mickey is already a main character in Kingdom Hearts, who would play him??

LaDracul
06-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Hmm....Sora? He is a humanized version of Mickey, after all.

DisneyNut2005
08-20-2007, 06:51 PM

Mickey - Troy Bolton

Donald - Chad Danforth

Daisy - Taylor McKessie

Clarabelle & Horace - Sharpay & Ryan Evans

Goofy - Zeke Baylor

Clara Cluck - Ms. Darbus

Launchpad McQuack - Coach Bolton

Webby Vanderquack - Kelsi Nielsen

Here's another addition:

Max Goof - Jason Cross

And for "High School Musical 2":

All the same as the first, plus:

Pete & Peg - Mr & Mrs. Evans

Scrooge McDuck - Mr. Fulton

NJBelle
08-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Maybe Mufasa could play Darth Vader? Haha.

LOL! Well, you know, his voice would sound realistic.

Pluto could be R2-D2.

I know that the Princess Bride isn't a disney movie but then again, neither is Star Wars.

Belle-- Buttercup
Aladin-- Westley
Gaston-- Humperdink
Herculles-- Fezik
???-- Inigo
Donald-- Vesini
Goofy-- Mirical Max

DisneyNut2005
08-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Pluto could be R2-D2.

How about Chip 'n Dale?

They could be operating R2 from inside him and communicating in their often-incomprehensible sped-up chatter. :D

Brer Robert
08-21-2007, 01:14 AM
Here's another addition:

Max Goof - Jason Cross

And for "High School Musical 2":

All the same as the first, plus:

Pete & Peg - Mr & Mrs. Evans

Scrooge McDuck - Mr. Fulton

That definitely works. Also, I was in the stage version of HSM at a community theater this January(they DO have a stage version for schools and community theaters to do). They actually dropped the Jason Cross character and replaced him with this crazy DJ-like geek named Jack Scott. I'm a fan of the stage version more than the movie version, so I just came up with the newest idea for the Mickey-fied version of HSM:

Roger Rabbit - Jack Scott

I know Roger ain't much of a Mickey character, but I remember from my childhood how Disney always included him with Mickey and friends in the theme parks and tv specials back when he was at the Stitch-like height of his popularity.

DisneyNut2005
08-21-2007, 09:21 AM
Also, Brer Robert, I thought of some other changes/additions to your "Mickey-fied" version of "Peter Pan".

A better choice for the Crocodile is Louie the Mountain Lion, who pursued Goofy and sometimes Donald in some of the 1950s cartoons.

I also think that you could cast Pete as the Indian Chief.

NJBelle
08-21-2007, 06:08 PM
How about Chip 'n Dale?

They could be operating R2 from inside him and communicating in their often-incomprehensible sped-up chatter. :D

I was thinking that they would be the Ewoks. :D

DisneyNut2005
08-21-2007, 09:14 PM
That definitely works. Also, I was in the stage version of HSM at a community theater this January(they DO have a stage version for schools and community theaters to do). They actually dropped the Jason Cross character and replaced him with this crazy DJ-like geek named Jack Scott. I'm a fan of the stage version more than the movie version, so I just came up with the newest idea for the Mickey-fied version of HSM:

Roger Rabbit - Jack Scott

I know Roger ain't much of a Mickey character, but I remember from my childhood how Disney always included him with Mickey and friends in the theme parks and tv specials back when he was at the Stitch-like height of his popularity.

Even more additions:

Roxanne (from "A Goofy Movie") - Martha Cox

Rebecca Cunningham - Mrs. Montez

April, May & June (Daisy's neices) - Sharpay's Back-Up Trio

Brer Robert
08-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Also, Brer Robert, I thought of some other changes/additions to your "Mickey-fied" version of "Peter Pan".

A better choice for the Crocodile is Louie the Mountain Lion, who pursued Goofy and sometimes Donald in some of the 1950s cartoons.

I also think that you could cast Pete as the Indian Chief.

Ah, very clever indeed! Thank you very much.

Brer Robert
08-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Even more additions:

Roxanne (from "A Goofy Movie") - Martha Cox

Rebecca Cunningham - Mrs. Montez

April, May & June (Daisy's neices) - Sharpay's Back-Up Trio

Thank you again! The idea of Rebecca Cunningham as Ms. Montez really broadens the Disney character universe being used in my Mickey-fied HSM!