PDA

View Full Version : Spaceship Earth and Wand!

disneynorth
11-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Since we have been talking about the wand and Spaceship Earth rumour (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=89394), I wanted to see some real numbers as to who likes it and who doesn't.....

I personally hate the wand and hand and sign. I wish they would take it away.....

Speedy1998
11-08-2006, 01:12 PM
I like it, I think it really spiced up an Icon that was looking dated.

darthmacho
11-08-2006, 01:37 PM
Keep it! :dishes:

mickeyfan2001
11-08-2006, 01:52 PM
I say keep it...

Sticky Mickey
11-08-2006, 02:12 PM
I love the wand, I think it makes a trip more magical when I see the wand

Katarch
11-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Keep it! :mickey:

castlelady36
11-08-2006, 02:29 PM
this post went around not too long ago about the wand but anyways I like it.

CanadianWDWFan
11-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Keep it! It makes a boring sphere Exciting! :mickey:

Jerry2
11-08-2006, 02:34 PM
I HATE the hand :down:

Jared
11-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Keep it! :dishes:
I rarely disagree with you, darthmacho, but this time I do. Spaceship Earth is an impressive enough structure that no decoration is necessary. The wand and sign is a cheesy addition to the most incredible structure in Walt Disney World.

alpro2
11-08-2006, 03:01 PM
Keep it.

Mary M
11-08-2006, 03:53 PM
I also think it distracts from the purity of the sphere, which is really lovely by itself.

I think it's tacky.

darthmacho
11-08-2006, 04:03 PM
I rarely disagree with you, darthmacho, but this time I do. Spaceship Earth is an impressive enough structure that no decoration is necessary. The wand and sign is a cheesy to addition to the most incredible structure in Walt Disney World.

Interesting that you should say that, because I'm kind of surprized that I keep voting to keep it. I must have become accustomed to it, and in a way, can't imagine SE without it anymore.

I've only been to WDW three times, and each time, SE was different. In 1998, it was the original version, with no ornamentation, and indeed, I was quite impressed with the structure. Then, in 1999, I visited, and there was the wand, with the year 2000. When we arrived at Epcot, it was early morning, and it was semi-dark, and the wand was lit and gave the structure a magical glow.
While it didn't look as impressive during the daytime, it looked great again 12 hours later when the sun went down. Then, when I visited in 2003, I wondered what it would be like with the new Epcot sign, which I had seen only in pictures on the Internet. Turns out, I still liked it. :magic:

Now, having said that, there is a part of me that longs for all of the old Future World architecture. One of the things I recall from my first trip was loving the way all of the FW pavilions looked so unique. While we still have the Imagination Pavilion, most of the others have changed quite a bit. I guess that is the price we have to pay in order to have new things. :pout:

campdisney
11-08-2006, 04:05 PM
I don't mind the wand because I never had a chance to see the sphere without it in person. Epcot wasn't built yet when I went to WDW as a kid -- and I didn't get a chance to return until 2004. By then the wand was up and a part of Epcot's magic for me.

I do wish that that the wand didn't affect the beautiful symetry of the sphere and its surroundings so much. If WDW felt the need to add signage to the sphere, I wish it would have been designed to sit at the very top, centered so it lines up with everything else.

goofy for pluto
11-08-2006, 04:58 PM
I am surprised that so many people like the wand. :sick:
On the last Vacation planning video {Happiest Celebration On Earth} they have erased the wand from the pictures and SE looked amazing. I knew I wanted them to take it down but after seeing the pictures I think it can't be soon enough.

KathyMO
11-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Yes! Get rid of the awful thing!!

PixiePrincess
11-08-2006, 05:35 PM
I kinda like it! :)

CU Tiger
11-08-2006, 06:10 PM
I can not say I love it, but I do think it represents the magic that is an integral part of DW. :mickey:

Donald Duck 224
11-08-2006, 06:22 PM
I love the wand and i think it adds a little more magic.

DVCWDWMEMBER
11-08-2006, 06:46 PM
I was really surprised that they kept it after 2000. I have to say that it has grown on me. But if they decide to get rid of it I won't feel bad at all. :mickey:

moe513
11-08-2006, 06:53 PM
I like the wand. I think it would be dull without it.

mom*3
11-08-2006, 08:57 PM
I think they should take down the wand and find a way to add some cool lighting for night. Surely there must be a way to do this discreetly while maintaining the integrity of the sphere's clean lines. Maybe they could do different lighting patterns for 15 minutes every hour or something. What do you think?

magic my way
11-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Now I want to ask another question. For those of you that voted 'yes'; what year was your first visit? I am trying to determine how many people remember SE without the wand and how many people still prefer it that way.

KAJUNKING
11-09-2006, 12:23 AM
the wand is awesome!!!!!! :number1:

Shugoondola
11-09-2006, 08:48 AM
I like it. Keep it.

:mickey:

Spaceship Tigger
11-09-2006, 08:49 AM
Now I want to ask another question. For those of you that voted 'yes'; what year was your first visit? I am trying to determine how many people remember SE without the wand and how many people still prefer it that way.

Well, I voted 'No' because I think the wand should be kept. My first visit to Epcot was in 1983 and I went three other times before the wand existed. SE is also my favorite ride/structure in all of WDW. I still like the wand and think it adds a lot to SE, especially at night.

mcjaco
11-09-2006, 10:27 AM
My first trip was November of '82. We went (as you can see by my signature) every year after that for quite some time.

My problem with the wand, is that it detracts from the natural beauty of SSE. SSE is the worlds largest geosphere, as an earlier post indicated. EPCOT is known by just seeing a picture of SSE. Did they really need to put up a sign to let us know we're in EPCOT???

Spacehip Earth by itself, was an impressive structure. It looks cheapened by the wand.

Disnamic Duo
11-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Well, I voted 'No' because I think the wand should be kept. My first visit to Epcot was in 1983 and I went three other times before the wand existed. SE is also my favorite ride/structure in all of WDW. I still like the wand and think it adds a lot to SE, especially at night.

I'm with you, Mike. I first visited EPCOT in 1985. I liked it fine without the wand, but much better with it.

disneynorth
11-09-2006, 11:59 AM

see my signature....

magic my way
11-09-2006, 11:59 AM
My first trip was November of '82. We went (as you can see by my signature) every year after that for quite some time.

My problem with the wand, is that it detracts from the natural beauty of SSE. SSE is the worlds largest geosphere, as an earlier post indicated. EPCOT is known by just seeing a picture of SSE. Did they really need to put up a sign to let us know we're in EPCOT???

Spacehip Earth by itself, was an impressive structure. It looks cheapened by the wand.

The following is what I posted in the Rumors/News forum:

Spaceship Earth is the only true geodesic sphere in the world. I am aware of its location, as are millions and millions and millions of other people. In fact, I would venture to say that it is one of the most recognizable structures on earth. I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of people do not need to be reminded of the fact that they are in Epcot. Take the tacky sign down, and restore the beauty and symmetry of Spaceship Earth! That sign reminds me of the giant sombrero at South of The Border. For those of you who drive to WDW on I-95---

MickeysDad
11-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Jimmy crack corn and I don't care

SBETigg
11-09-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm really torn. Some days, I think they should take it down. Other days, I think it really adds something. My first visit to Epcot was in 1990. I remember it without the wand. I thought it was great in 2000. Now? Maybe they should take it down and do something special and different for Epcot's anniversary. Maybe a really big pair of Mickey Ears right on top of SE. (yes, I'm kidding- please no!)

disneymom2000
11-09-2006, 09:39 PM
I think it would be really funny to add ears to it too. :mickey:

#1Dduckfan
11-10-2006, 06:58 PM
It's actually grown on me and I say to keep it. I wasn't a huge fan of it when it had a GIANT 2000 on it. But I like it better now. :blush:

MushuMulan
11-10-2006, 07:25 PM
As someone said before, it has grown on me. I personally like the effect, how it's curved to fit on the globe. It really symbolizes in my eyes that moment when you walk up to the gates, see the globe and the magical looking hand, and knowing you're going to have a great time.

Donald Duck 224
11-10-2006, 07:30 PM
i like it. My first visit was 92 and i remember it w/ out the wand.

Thumper03
11-10-2006, 07:57 PM
We never saw Spaceship Earth (live) without the wand...our first trip ever to WDW was 2003. We didn't mind it then. :noevil:
But now that we're more familiar with EPCOT, and what the vision for EPCOT was, we think the wand needs to go. :down:

The wand itself isn't a problem, but it doesn't belong on Spaceship Earth. It takes away from the elegance of the structure, and the spirit behind the icon of EPCOT. :twocents:

mainstreet1997
11-10-2006, 09:10 PM
I like the design of it but I have issues with the letters. EPCOT is an abbreviation. when its lowercase it just turns into an odd word. Lets respect Walt, huh!?

ktflisa
11-10-2006, 09:15 PM
I like it, I think it really spiced up an Icon that was looking dated.

Ditto! When DH and I first saw the 2000 up there we thought it was awesome!

:kermit: :mjump: 35 more days! :tigger:

Dopey's Girl
11-11-2006, 12:49 AM

I have seen SE with and without the wand, and I like it better with. The pictures I have taken with the wand and other decorations are some of my favorites every trip!

amd780
11-12-2006, 01:11 PM
I like the wand, but not as an addition to SE. I agree that it represents Disney magic, and I love how it sparkles in the sunlight. :mickey: However, I feel that the wand detracts from SE by drawing the focus toward it and away from the sphere itself.

That said, I was really torn on this poll! :( I finally decided to vote to take it down.

markyv
11-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Keep the hand and the wand, but get rid of the stupid hat at MGM. It covers up the Chinese Theater, one of the prettier buildings at MGM.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
11-12-2006, 03:40 PM
I like it. :thumbsup:

Golf Grumpy
11-12-2006, 06:55 PM
I love the color of the wand and the look of it as you get into EPCOT.

StitchplusTink=STINK
11-12-2006, 08:32 PM
I can't believe anyone would want to take the hand and sign away!!!!!!!!That is a classic disney symbol!!!

How rude!!!!!!!!! :mad:

mcjaco
11-13-2006, 05:09 PM
I can't believe anyone would want to take the hand and sign away!!!!!!!!That is a classic disney symbol!!!

How rude!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Classic??? Um no. Cinderella's Castle is a classic Disney symbol. The wand has been around for 7 years.....hardly long enoug to be considered in the same breath.

Besides, why do we need a hug wand telling us we're at EPCOT? Shouldn't we already know that from being there?

cheergurl265
11-13-2006, 05:49 PM
i like the epcot wand, without it, spaceship earth looks dull especially compared to other theme parks.. i think they should keep it, i love the feeling of first driving to epcot and seeing the big wand!! :mickey:

mickeys_princess
11-13-2006, 05:58 PM
I like the wand! It' pretty & sparkly! :pixie:

amorillo
11-13-2006, 08:04 PM
I rarely disagree with you, darthmacho, but this time I do. Spaceship Earth is an impressive enough structure that no decoration is necessary. The wand and sign is a cheesy to addition to the most incredible structure in Walt Disney World.

Well said.... I totally agree! :mickey:

SpecJoe Magic
11-14-2006, 09:59 AM
I believe that the sphere is impressive enough without the wand. I think the wand attracts too much attention away from Epcot's icon. It's kind of like what happend at the Studios (although it's not near as bad at Epcot) when they put the giant hat in front of the Chinese Theatre. The hat completely took attention away from the Chinese Theatre, which was the Studios icon at one time. Of course, Disney has now officially made the hat the icon of the park. Getting back to Epcot, I think that the wand cheapens the beautiful sphere, and I hope that the rumour of its removal is true. I had many trips prior to the addition of the wand, and I've had many trips since its addition, and I definitely think that it looked more appropriate for the park before the wand was added.

I like the design of it but I have issues with the letters. EPCOT is an abbreviation. when its lowercase it just turns into an odd word. Lets respect Walt, huh!?

Disney officially discontinued the use of EPCOT as an acronym several years ago. So, even though it is an odd word, Epcot is now the official name of the park, and it isn't considered to be an abbreviation for anything.

The Bookseller
11-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Please, get rid of the wand.

If we look at the thematic of Epcot, the wand have no sense. Why do Spaceship Earth need a piece of Fantasmic next to him? It mess the whole theme!

By the way, what about getting rid of the magician's hat at MGM at the same time. I thought that the Chinese Theatre was the main piece of MGM, right? It's time it take back the place of the "Main Building" in that park.

Sweezy
11-14-2006, 03:05 PM
Ive never really had a very strong opinion about it, but more and more I kind of miss the 'classic' Spaceship Earth look...my vote goes to 'get rid of it'.

Tink#64
11-14-2006, 10:51 PM
I love the wand, I think it makes a trip more magical when I see the wand

We love it! We have to take pix of it from the monorail every year! It's just magical! :magic:

Stickey
11-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Keep the hand and wand. It adds character to the ball.

:smickey:

sorcerer fan
11-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Save the wand-Save the park

McGeorge
11-15-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm a little torn about this issue, which is why I wish there was a "I'm not sure" category. I think I like it, but there's something to be said for the original design. I think it's amazing to think that some people don't even remember the old design - I can't believe the addition has been there for 6 years already.

future_imagineer
11-15-2006, 05:44 PM
I *hate* the wand. It's kinda like when they made Cinderella Castle pink back in '96-'97. SSE is an engineering marvel; why do we need a huge wand on top of it? Besides, SSE is 199 feet normally - on purpose. The FSS requires non-Disney-esque lighting on anything 200+ft, and with the wand, that happens.

I distinctly remember it pre-1999, and have fond memories of it then.

Oh, and I agree with getting rid of the sorcerer's hat at MGM, too. Just another excuse for another gift shop

:thedolls:

Brer Mickey
11-15-2006, 08:12 PM
I always thought SE was a repesentation of the earth. I have seen pictures of earth taken from space, and I have never seen a huge MM hand and wand around it.

Take the tacky hand/wand down!

Crow
11-16-2006, 05:30 PM
im in the middle...dont hate it but dont love so i voted in the minority what wand

Melanie
11-16-2006, 06:03 PM
I saw Spaceship Earth many times without the wand, and it was by far my favorite symbol at WDW even then. But now, I can't imagine it without the wand, and think it would be a bit boring. It's beautiful at night!

kelywatchthstars
11-17-2006, 03:12 AM
definitely grew on me. I say keep

mermaidmarian
11-17-2006, 08:23 AM
I say keep it. For my son, 8 yoa, SpaceShip Earth with wand in hand, is THE iconic symbol of WDW. He loves it; always taking several pictures of it each trip (vs. not a one of Cindarella's castle) and has at least 10 different pins depicting it.

I realize for purists, it diminishes the esthetic and deviates from Walt's purported vision. But it isn't exactly the same as drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa. And who knows - Walt's vision might have changed over time....

StitchplusTink=STINK
11-20-2006, 08:31 AM
why do alot of you hate it so much????!!!!!i think it very well represents the turn of the century into the new millenium very well!!!!!in my heart it is now classic. 6 years of seeing it has grown on me. i personally love it.it is awesome!!!!!! now on my thread "your favorite symbol" alot of you said you would say spaceship earth if the hand and wand were gone!!!!! :mad: why do you guys hate it so much???????? :confused: :rant:

ravsluvdisney
11-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Not a biggie for me either way. Actually, from a distance the whole wand addition adds some color and flavor to the ol' sphere. Close up it isn't as attractive but it won't stop me from passin' through the gates!!

mcjaco
11-20-2006, 12:46 PM
why do alot of you hate it so much????!!!!!i think it very well represents the turn of the century into the new millenium very well!!!!!in my heart it is now classic. 6 years of seeing it has grown on me. i personally love it.it is awesome!!!!!! now on my thread "your favorite symbol" alot of you said you would say spaceship earth if the hand and wand were gone!!!!! :mad: why do you guys hate it so much???????? :confused: :rant:

It serves no other purpose than to let us know we're at Epcot. Which, I truly hope we'd all know that by driving into the lot in the first place. Not too mention, that SSE was, and still should be, the icon that distinguishes Epcot from all other parks.

Mickey and the other characters were a rare sight at EPCOT when it opened, for good reason. It was not supposed to be another child's playground, but a park of learning and education about our past, present and future. So why the need for a Mickey hand holding a wand in a park that he rarely visits anyway????

Sinewiz
11-20-2006, 01:33 PM
From day one I thought it was a mistake and nothing has changed my mind since. It looks completely out of place at Epcot. Epcot was the one play within Disney where you felt like you were getting a slight reprieve from Mickey. Much as love the Magic Kingdom and everything that is Mickey it felt good to enter an area that was just a tad more grown-up. Ahhh the debate rages on!! I just hope the Biergarten doesn't start serving my favorite brew :beer: in a Mickey Mug. :D

StitchplusTink=STINK
11-20-2006, 04:02 PM
I understand where you are coming mcjaco, but again, its adding disney magic.why does it have to stay the same? why cant they change it up???????personnaly i think the globe was blah in the beginning.i want ot know exactly y everyone hates it so much??????? :mad:

Sinewiz
11-20-2006, 11:32 PM
Listen carefully, we just told you why we dont care for it,though I don't remember anyone saying they hated it!!!!!!

pyro
11-21-2006, 05:25 AM
I worked for the company that made the hand and Disney never paid for it.Took a long time for us to build it and ship it to Florida.

mcjaco
11-21-2006, 09:55 AM
Listen carefully, we just told you why we dont care for it,though I don't remember anyone saying they hated it!!!!!!

I never said I hated it, but I do. It's an abomination.

Stitchplus, if you consider that Disney magic, you're missing the boat entirely.

Yeti
11-21-2006, 11:36 AM
I think it should go along with those leave a legacy tiles that make the entrance look like a graveyard :hmghost:

Donald A
11-26-2006, 05:27 PM
I do not like the wand and the hand but I do like the part that says "EPCOT." I guess I think they should get rid of half of it.

DocWeeks
11-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Put me in with the rest that feel it needs to go. The wand is completely out of place with the theme of EPCOT.

I guess next they'll try to add Mouse Ears to the Tree of Life...

BrerEmma
11-26-2006, 08:47 PM
If Walt had designed it like that then I would say keep it but I don't see it on any plans that I have ever seen. :mickey: :mickey:

atruman
04-12-2007, 01:26 PM
I think that the wand would work well in a lot of places on property... and that Epcot isn't one of them. Since Epcot has a stronger focus on what is wonderful about the real world, using a symbol so deeply entrenched in that which is not real over the park's main icon doesn't feel right to me. Even the Imagination-oriented part of the park is about using imagination towards invention - the creative spark that fuels new creation, and not so much about imagining things that are not within the realm of possibility.

Now, I far from hate it. I just think that it might not be the most appropriate addition to SSE.

Mickey91
04-12-2007, 01:30 PM
From day one I thought it was a mistake and nothing has changed my mind since. It looks completely out of place at Epcot. Epcot was the one play within Disney where you felt like you were getting a slight reprieve from Mickey. Much as love the Magic Kingdom and everything that is Mickey it felt good to enter an area that was just a tad more grown-up. Ahhh the debate rages on!! I just hope the Biergarten doesn't start serving my favorite brew :beer: in a Mickey Mug. :D

It's just a decoration!!! Disney is supposed to be about the mouse and it is supposed to be for families. If you want some adult alone time, go to Pleasure Island and drink all the :beer: you want. :mad:

There are only five locations world wide where you get to be immersed in Disney Magic and a family can enjoy a fun filled vacation together with Mickey. If you don't like it, instead of complaining, go somewhere that Mickey isn't. After all,
it was all started by a mouse!

Jeff G
04-12-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm not a fan and think it should go.

prttynpnk
04-12-2007, 02:47 PM
I prefer the unmolested sphere- it makes me think of Walts original less-mousey concept.

JPL
04-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Definately in the hate group :D I think it was cool for the Millenium Celebration but it is definately time for it to go. SSE is an icon I don't need sign saying hey look it's the symbol for Epcot. Wow gald the put that sign up there would have known I was in Epcot without out it. Oh I know we need a wand in all the parks one over the Castle that says Magic Kingdom and we can do the same for all the other parks it would be awesome :rolleyes:

DisneyDudet
04-12-2007, 03:58 PM
OK, I'm a creature of tradition. I don't think anything should be messed with. If its great the way it is, leave it be.

I don't like the wand at all. For the 2000 celebration, ok.. neat. But not now. Not for 7 years. I think it should be taken down. When I was 6, I went to Disney for the first time. Epcot was my favorite park when I was 6, because of the WoL pavillion and SSE. I loved it. Its beautiful and its beautiful at night w/ out the wand. Its CLASSIC Disney. Its the same as them making the cake for the 25th (which was a cute idea, but see, only ok for a year or so). The hat at MGM also needs to go. It is not the way it was when it started. The icon of MGM was the Earful Tower, and it should stay that way.

Now, I am ok w/ the wand, because I know it probably won't go anywhere until it starts to show its age.

I hope with the rehab of SSE, that the wand will go. No other park has a sign on its Icon to tell you where you are.

Goes4FastPass
04-12-2007, 04:54 PM
The presence or absence of the wand does not have a cosmic effect on my enjoyment of EPCOT.

Does "classic" mean nothing can ever be improved? Does it mean EPCOT should go back to being the swamp or orange grove or whatever it was before the bulldozers came?

The wand looks great - especially when you're standing close to it looking up at it.

MaizeNBrew
06-04-2007, 03:27 AM
I don't like the wand at all. It needs to go, along with the Hat at MGM. As much I dislike the wand, the hat is worse. The icon of a themepark being a place to sell spinny toys and t-shirts is not a good thing.

StitchplusTink=STINK
06-04-2007, 08:27 AM
ok, I realize i'm wrong andf im sorry for stirring up trouble. i have to just get 1 more thing off my chest before and drop the disscussion, but i think that although it's not as classic the actual globe, i think it looks good. I do think it shows disney magic. i know i'm an enemy on this thread but i want to apologize. especcially darthmacho. sorry again guys!!!!!!!!

i still say keep it!!

Bubbie Girl
06-04-2007, 11:05 AM
My family likes it!

indytraveler
06-04-2007, 11:10 AM
The more I see it the more it grows on me.

DawsonAR
06-04-2007, 11:42 AM
It has grown on me. I really like it.

2Epcot
06-04-2007, 01:23 PM
The hand and wand has grown on my like a wart that needs to be removed.

JCDarzi
06-04-2007, 02:16 PM
From a kid's perspective (my daughter's), I think the hand and wand add a little Disney Magic. My DD4 calls Spaceship Earth "Mickey's Ball" and MGM's Hat "Mickey's Hat"

pook@wdw
06-04-2007, 06:29 PM
I think the wand would be more @ home @ Disney Studios. I think SE is impressive enough, and doesn't really need any additional eye candy. :mickey:

KAT1811
06-04-2007, 07:15 PM
I think they could come up with something better.

dolphinmickey9170
06-04-2007, 08:10 PM
I love it. I take pix of it everytime I go.:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
06-04-2007, 10:10 PM
I have like the hand and wand since the first time I saw it! I hope it stays!:mickey:

DisneyWitch
06-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Get rid of it!
I hated the 2000 too!
It looks like it belongs at MGM or even Magic Kingdom but NOT at Epcot. It's out of place and cartoonish in an atmosphere of technology and culture. Or what was until they started added things like the wand and Nemo!

DREAMADREAM93
06-06-2007, 05:11 PM
I personally dont care about the wand and the hand.
Wouldnt kill me if they left it up.
Wouldn't care if they took it down.

BUT SOMEONE GET THAT GOD AWFUL HAT OUT OF DISNEY STUDIOS! :ack:
Its a eye sore to say the least.

JOrdan :]

Goes4FastPass
06-06-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm mystified that this topic has so many comments and views (I realize I just added to the count).

Can you imagine someonr saying,

"For us, EPCOT just wouldn't be EPCOT without the wand. It's what we most look forward to seeing when we plan a WDW vacation. If they ever remove it, we'll probably stop going to Orlando."

or

"If the Good Lord wanted a wand beside that geosphere he would put the idea in someone's head before they ever started building EPCOT. Whatever wasn't in EPCOT the day it opened should never have been added. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go picket Soarin' and Test Track and Norway and..."

Puh-leeze...

Wand or no wand, we're dancin' through EPCOT 'til the very end of evening EMH tomorrow night!:woohoo::yay:

threeh
06-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Spaceship Earth is an impressive enough structure that no decoration is necessary. The wand and sign is a cheesy addition to the most incredible structure in Walt Disney World.

Well said!!! SSe is impressive on its own. :thumbsup:

snifflesmcg
06-06-2007, 09:04 PM
I say keep it. Without it, it just looks like a boring old golf ball.

pshokie
06-07-2007, 04:35 PM
After reading this whole thread (which started some time ago, possibly even before the wand even went up ;)), I have to say that I like the wand.

Having said that, I can totally understand those who want the original SSE "clean ball" back.

Then I stopped and thought, this whole things has been about taking something down, specifically the wand. Everyone say "duh". :D But lets say it does come down. No one is talking about what remains. In your minds eye, look at the "clean" SSE. How does it really look?

When I do that, I do not see "timeless" like Cinderella Castle. I see 1970's architecture. Some will not, and I get that. But to me, the "clean ball" feels dated.

Just MHO. :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
06-08-2007, 06:19 AM
I don't really mind the wand. They can keep it for as long as they like :mickey:

Amy_617
06-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Keep it. I love it!:number1: