PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for 10th Anniversary Activities

Disneyfun
10-29-2006, 09:45 PM
Thought I would start a thread for ideas for activities for the Anniversary Celebration - hope you don't mind JohnY!

I'll start off with my own idea - I thought that it would be neat to have a digital scavenger hunt. Each team would be given a list of clues located somewhere on WDW public property. Each team would need to not only find the location, but also have their complete team photographed in front of the target! The clues would then be grouped together as a final clue to the destination. There, teams would download their pictures into the judges laptop and be graded on their completetion of the exercise. The team with the highest percentage correct and fastest time would be the winner!

Figaro
11-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Now that's quite a good idea. Maybe add in something like "National Treasure" with odd clues to be figured out. I'd go for that. :thumbsup:

Disneyfun
11-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Oh, odd clues would be what the game would be all about. We would have to mix some less difficult with the advanced clues....or, there could be an advanced and beginners list given so first timers and old timers could enjoy the activity!

ANYONE ELSE have any ideas?

GiltterDisneyGirl
11-12-2006, 07:50 AM
Wow, thats a great idea to do, I be up for that!

umm........... Maybe what the groups can do is ride rides all together and the most rides the team does Wins? Just a thought

Disneyfun
11-12-2006, 11:53 AM
That would be a great idea for a 2nd game GiltterDisneyGirl! Each team would be free to go to which ever park they would want. At the end of the time period (day, hours, weekend...), the team that has been on the most rides wins!

The only catch is how do you track how many rides they have been on???? :confused: I would suggest taking a picture of the group while on the ride or loading on the ride, but that may not always be possible. You could have the CM sign a passport-type thing, but there would be no way to prove that someone else didn't just sign off on it....

I love the idea, just how do you implement a judging system.

GiltterDisneyGirl
11-14-2006, 02:42 AM
What about a picture of them just before getting on the ride or on the ride if they can. Also if they are photo rides they can buy the photo or just take a picture of the picture, like i do! :D

GiltterDisneyGirl
11-14-2006, 03:01 AM
Oh just thought of something! on jugding!

They can ride as a group if they can but if they can't thats alright too, because maybe you can have an individual contest too.

The team can add up each person rides like say....
John Smith on team A went on 20 rides but his team lost in the group. And Team B's person Jane Smith went on only 17 rides, but her team won.

And on adding up the group
Say Team A & B have 5 member each
Team A
All went on 10 all together and only 4 members went on 13 together.
Team B
All went on 15 all together and only 3 members went on 17 rides together.
Team B Wins because all the members went on all 15 rides individual or as a group

Or you can do the Group adding a differnt way too
by just all the differnt rides they went, not just all together but by the listing all the rides they all differntly went on.

All they need is a photo of them on each of the rides!

Do you get what i'm trying to say? If so what yeah think?

Disneyfun
11-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Good idea GiltterDisneyGirl!
The rides could be given different point values depending if it were the entire group riding or if they were individuals!

For example of teams of 4:

Team A decides to split up entirely. All individuals ride 10 rides seperately. Riding attractions seperately is worth 1 point per person per ride. That gives the team 40 points.

Team B decides to stick to gether and rides 8 rides. Riding attractions as a team would be worth 2 points per person per ride. That would give them 64 points!

Riding together would give the team a statistical advantage, but would be slowed due to group size. By splitting up, a team can cover more ground and more rides, but have to hit twice as many to make up the spread!
Another thing to think about would be that if a team decides to split up - each person must have a camera to take a picture of themself on the ride!

As a bonus, if a team rides every attraction in a park, they get a bonus of 10 points. If they go on every attraction in WDW (impossible by my calculations - yep, I've gone that far!!) they get a bonus of 200 points!

Each team would have to check in at the beginning of the event and have their camera certified that there are no pictures in the memory (to prevent cheating).

Also, attractions may have to be defined. Would that include stage shows? Or transportation, such as the Main Street cars and busses? Or would it be simply attractions that have a seperate vehicle that travels in a direction with a themed show surrounding the vehicle?

Natazu
11-23-2006, 07:23 AM
I was thinking we'd sit around the cantina and drink margaritas.

drummerboy
11-23-2006, 05:41 PM
We can volunteer to be judges and stay put while everybody goes about tournamenting. We'll count up the points when they're all done. :)

Natazu
11-23-2006, 06:01 PM
We can volunteer to be judges and stay put while everybody goes about tournamenting. We'll count up the points when they're all done. :)
Deal! :marg:

Piglet822
11-23-2006, 11:27 PM

I'll bring the calculator :marg:

drummerboy
11-24-2006, 10:17 PM
Looks like we're getting a distinguished panal of judges together.

ElenitaB
11-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Will there be a contest for the most margaritas imbibed?

drummerboy
11-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Will there be a contest for the most margaritas imbibed?

Uh oh, now we'll need to assemble another panel.

dlpmikki
11-28-2006, 03:11 AM
Figaro was going to suggest he head the judging panel but he thought that one might be a bit messy! He now thinks that the treasure hunt should revolve around him with all the clues having some meaning for him :thedolls: I think he has another think coming......

Piglet822
11-28-2006, 05:22 PM

No problem. I'll just bring two calculators. I can drink my :marg: thru a straw :scratch:

Figaro was going to suggest he head the judging panel but he thought that one might be a bit messy!

Mikki, Figaro is more than welcome to join us.

ElenitaB
11-28-2006, 08:32 PM
We'll have to order pina coladas for Figaro... they're creamier.

JPL
12-15-2006, 09:52 PM
If I can make it I would love to sponsor a Backstage Safari Meet at AK :mickey:

Piglet822
12-16-2006, 12:57 AM

I'd be interested in that, Jeff.

ElenitaB
12-16-2006, 12:32 PM
Me too!

I was also thinking that I'd like to maybe go to Tea over at the GF. Anyone else game? I guess we can reserve this at 180 days out... not sure.

Katzateer
12-17-2006, 07:21 PM

That sounds like fun!

Rockstar Boyfriends
12-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Free liquor! :thumbsup:

MsMin
12-30-2006, 06:07 PM
Since we come from so many parts of the globe I think it would be neat to have something that would encompass something that would have a regional flair. What if some of us had a couple villas close to each other and we had a late party w/ food from different regions-- we could make gumbo from down here, of course we need :marg: :beer: tasting too. Or could we rent a spot? Something where we can appreciate our differences and unique regions. A celebration of our community. Even if it's just beer from around the world. Any ideas?

Dznygrl79
01-15-2007, 09:19 AM
I am all about tea at the GF!! I think it would be a blast. I also love the scavenger hunt idea! I think a photo scavenger hint would be a lot of fun! Maybe for the younger or not so advanced crowd have a as many characters as you can find hunt. Give them a specific amount of time to find as many different characters as they can..more points for rare characters. That way while Mom and Dad are hunting the harder clues the little guys are not left out. But hey thats just the preschool teacher in me comeing out!

mrsgaribaldi
01-15-2007, 06:00 PM

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Count me in:blush:

ElenitaB
01-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Since we come from so many parts of the globe I think it would be neat to have something that would encompass something that would have a regional flair. What if some of us had a couple villas close to each other and we had a late party w/ food from different regions-- we could make gumbo from down here, of course we need :marg: :beer: tasting too. Or could we rent a spot? Something where we can appreciate our differences and unique regions. A celebration of our community. Even if it's just beer from around the world. Any ideas?
You know... that sounds like fun! But that means that we need to all be at the same DVC resort. Has anyone made reservations yet?

MsMin
01-16-2007, 04:53 PM
I am seriously afraid to plan. I don't know if it's luck or what but that wknd falls on LSU's fall break. I will have thur and Fri off making it great BUT I'm so afraid that I will have an exam on that Monday when I get back. But here are my ideas:
I used to belong to a timeshare and we had a "bring a dish" every Sat. night. We were easily close to 100 ppl. it was so much fun and you get to know everyone.
I don't think we all have to be real close, only we need a couple of close kitchens. If we designated some "regional" kitchens then several ppl could meet to make several entrees (one per region)and others can bring deserts sort of a bring a dish. We would need ppl to sign up in advance so we could estimate an amount.
You could of course make it just deserts so that sampling is a lot easier.
I'm not sure about the space to gather. I've seen ppl @ conventions have different rms dedicated to wine and cheese etc but It's nice to be in one spot. A the condo we used to use part of the parking lot near the bbq pits. Would we have to rent a cabin or campground space? I just don't know about fire codes and how many ppl we could get in a room even if someone had a grand villa. :confused:

Mickey'sGirl
02-24-2007, 05:15 PM
I was also thinking that I'd like to maybe go to Tea over at the GF. Anyone else game? I guess we can reserve this at 180 days out... not sure. Ellen -- I would love to go to Tea with you! :thumbsup:

DizzKnee
02-25-2007, 02:59 PM
:number1: Anyone up for some Disney Themed Family Feud?

Christine
02-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Me too!

I was also thinking that I'd like to maybe go to Tea over at the GF. Anyone else game? I guess we can reserve this at 180 days out... not sure.

I just recently discovered that I can go during Intercot's anniversary celebration!! Woo hoo!! I would love to do the tea at the GF!

Duchess99
02-26-2007, 01:31 PM
I LOVE scavenger hunts!! That would be so much fun!! And I'm always up for margaritas :)
GF tea would be a great thing to meet up at! I've always wanted to do that and this would be a great reason to go :thumbsup:
I'm hoping I could make it down there for this...I'm working out my budget. Keep your fingers crossed!

Not2Loud
02-26-2007, 08:00 PM
I think Disney themed Family Feud would be great!

Carol
02-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Keep the ideas flowing.

We'll begin nailing down specifics at around 6 months out.

John
02-27-2007, 11:29 AM
We are currently putting together our staff planning committee and should have some preliminary details announced in the next few weeks that outline activities and merchandise for the ICOT 10th Anniversary

MinnieMommie
02-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks John - I look forward to learning more details as they become available. :mickey:

DisneyDudet
03-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Well, my idea is fattening... cuz this is what I do best at WDW... A hot dog eating contest.. who can eat the most hotdogs during the weekend.. or ice cream.. cuz you know... i hafta get a Dole Whip, citrus swirl, strawberry swirl, Beaches n cream SOMETHING, Ghiridelli..

I may be little, but boy can I eat!

That was a joke. There's a chance I can make it, but we're planning a trip w/ non-intercotees, so it will be hard to split my time. I may make it to one thing.

I wanna know NOOOOOOOOOOW about the activities!

Kristi Kay
04-05-2007, 01:00 PM
I love the idea of a scavanger hunt and the tea and the disney family fued!

And with 3 activities a day for the weekend, we can fit a lot in!

We should also bust out some Disney Trival Persute's and have a tournament!!!

drummerboy
05-02-2007, 10:30 AM
It might be fun to have some sort of "guess who I am" game; see if we can put faces to Intercot IDs. Maybe we could have a panel of staff members and if people haven't met them before, they can use Q & A to figure out who they are. Or something like that.

dlpmikki
05-02-2007, 11:20 AM
It might be fun to have some sort of "guess who I am" game; see if we can put faces to Intercot IDs. Maybe we could have a panel of staff members and if people haven't met them before, they can use Q & A to figure out who they are. Or something like that.

We could find out some fun facts about staff members and do a kind of Bingo sheet where people can try and identify which fact fits which person by chatting to them.

BriarRose0708
05-02-2007, 11:30 AM
We could find out some fun facts about staff members and do a kind of Bingo sheet where people can try and identify which fact fits which person by chatting to them.

I like that idea, and maybe we could take a step further and do an icebreaker type of activity Saturday at the Illuminations viewing party. Make a Bingo sheet with random facts on it like "favorite color is purple, is from California, favorite character is Pluto, etc." and then each person has to go around and collect signatures. The catch is you can only have one person's signature per sheet (for example, I couldn't sign the same sheet in three bingo boxes) so that way we have to talk to a lot of people. The first maybe 5 people to get bingo would get a prize. I think it would be beneficial for some of us who have never been to a meet before and going down solo.