PDA

View Full Version : Savings tip book

i'm grumpy
10-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Has anyone used the Ultimate Disney World Savings Guide e-book? Are there any good tips in it?

wedway fan
05-03-2007, 09:46 PM
resurrecting this post- i'm curious too...anyone with a rating on this e-book? worth the $20?

BigRedDad
05-04-2007, 05:04 AM
Honestly, I wasted $5 on ebay for it. The tips in it are useless. You can find everything and more on Intercot. The only potential "savings" that came from it is where to go and buy points from DVC members. Even then, the cost of a DVC resort is in line with a the PR, CR, GF. The rest of it is common sense: buy souvenirs at DTD or the outlet mall just outside WDW, bring snacks and not pay for lunch, go during value season.

What they use for a comparison on "saving thousands" is based on Peak Season at a Deluxe vs buying DVC points during value season at $7-$9 per point. In a true comparison, the difference is extremely minimal. You can get DVC points for around $10. During the same seasons, you are looking at about $100-$200 difference, and the hassle of not dealing directly with WDW. Don't get me wrong. If you do get a good deal on points, it can be worth it. But it is not too likely.

Save your money.

wedway fan
05-04-2007, 09:07 AM
the "infomercial" feel of the website gave me that idea- thanks for the info.

i'll stick with my most reliable source- you all!