PDA

View Full Version : "Relive the Magic" products

cjb121879
10-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Has anyone ordered any DVDs or other products from relivethemagic.com? I'm specifically interested in the DVD that they are currently running as a "special" that features just about all of the parks at WDW and their attractions.

What is the quality like? Is it entertaining? Is it worth the money? If you have opinions on any of the other merchandise, I'm interested in that as well. Thanks! :mickey:

spoonfulosugar
10-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Wow! I've never seen this website before. I want to order everything on it! Let us know if you decide to order the dvd. Hopefully someone will come along and tell you they've purchased things from this website. Looks great! :smickey:

DizneyRox
10-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Save your money and spend some time on youtube. Or you can pick up many quality videos elsewhere on the net for free. I'm not a big fan of selling your vacation videos for profit, from the samples I've seen, that's all they are, similar quality, similar camera work (ameteurish), guest perspective, etc...

MMouse6937
10-10-2006, 07:17 PM
I bought the ones for WDW about 3 months ago. They are pretty good. Yes, they're vacation quality video but when you need to get your disney fix they pretty much walk/ride through everything on property (they did respect anything that you weren't allowed to film). Some of the walking ones are a little shaky, but the Hall of Presidents was great, almost like you were there. I am not sure it was worth the price, but I was happy that I ordered them. Hope that helps :thumbsup:

mmouse566
10-10-2006, 07:50 PM
DD and I just reviewed all the free snippets from relive the magic and it was fun but I was not overly impressed with the quality.

mecllap
10-11-2006, 05:08 PM
I got them recently at the more reasonable "sale" price, and while they are definitely amateur video, we have been enjoying watching most of them. They are a fun reminder of a visit to WDW and cover some things that we haven't videoed, with a couple of extras (there's a list on the web site of everything on them). A lot of the walking around ones are not level, and move around too quickly -- but they do capture some of the essence of WDW. They appear to have been taken holiday season 2005 about two weeks before we were there, so it's fun seeing the same holiday decorations. And now that I have those -- I will need/want to do less videoing on our next trip! I also got the disneytreasures set from another web site, and there are some other things on it that aren't on relive the magic -- so it's fun for us to have both. (If you can get them at sale prices -- it seems like the whole WDW just drains money away, so getting these doesn't seem so costly in comparison). We're enjoying watching them in prep for our upcoming trip.

Red Randal
09-07-2007, 01:26 PM
I think I'm going to buy their complete WDW set at the current sale price of $9. Since they claim it usually goes for almost $100, I really can't go wrong.

I like to use complete ride videos for my reviews and I don't have many of my own. I'll let you know how the quality is.

* * * UPDATE * * *

Well, that was what I posted before seeing that I was going to be charged $15 for shipping. No thanks. I know they have to make their money somehow, but I'm not paying $25 for a set that nobody seems to have been especially impressed with.

If anyone else is thinking about grabbing them, you'll want to do it now while they are having their big sale. I'm taking a pass on second thought, however.

ariel03
09-07-2007, 02:39 PM
You can view all of the Relive The Magic videos on google video. If anyone wants to see one in particular let me know which one and I can find the link for you and message it to you.