PDA

View Full Version : Brothers and Sisters

Christine
10-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Has anyone else gotten hooked on this new show?? It comes on right after Desperate Housewives. It has Calista Flockhart, Sally Fields, Tom Skerrit (well, at least he was in the first one!) and many other talented actors in its cast.

I was a fan of Ally McBeal, but not of Calista Flockhart, but I actually like her in this show. Sally Field is just wonderful as always, and the story is very intriguing.

Just wondering if anyone else has a new Must See added to their Sunday nights now?

ChipnDaleGal
10-10-2006, 09:06 AM
I'm watching! I love Sally and will watch her in anything! I was also a fan of Ally McBeal, so I am enjoying seeing Calista on TV again. And I like Rachel Griffiths from "Six Feet Under" as well. I haven't watched this last episode yet, but so far I am interested. I wish Tom Skerrit didn't die so early on. It was nice seeing him and Sally together again. I just loved them in Steel Magnolias.

Carol
10-10-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm watching too. I was never a fan of Calista Flockhart - but now she is living with Harrison Ford. She cannot be that bad. ;)

Add me to the list of Sally Field admirers. (I love her character on ER.) She is also amazing in this role. I loved the way she handled 'things' in this week's episode.

I've also been watching 6 Degrees & Men in Trees. All of these shows are a refreshing change to of the crime, law and reality shows I tend to watch. I hope they stick around.

Christine
10-10-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm watching too. I was never a fan of Calista Flockhart - but now she is living with Harrison Ford. She cannot be that bad. ;)

Amen, sister! :)

And it was priceless the way Sally's character handled herself at the party! I think my jaw literally dropped!! :thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
10-10-2006, 10:33 AM
I've also been watching 6 Degrees & Men in Trees. All of these shows are a refreshing change to of the crime, law and reality shows I tend to watch. I hope they stick around.

Me too Carol. I like both of these new shows as well, especially Men in Trees! :thumbsup:

Carol
01-22-2007, 09:22 AM
Everyone still watching?

I am loving this show more and more each week. The cast is amazing.

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
01-22-2007, 09:52 AM
I missed last night's show :( but I still love it!

Carol
01-22-2007, 10:24 AM
You can watch old episodes on ABC's web site - including last night's show.

Yea - I find it so refreshing. I really like the addition of Rob Lowe. The only characters I dislike are Nora's brother Saul and William's mistress Holly.

I hope the show is picked up for next season. :fingers:

NotaGeek
01-22-2007, 01:24 PM
What a GREAT episode last night! I really love this show!

Can the cast be any CUTER? :thumbsup:

Melanie
01-27-2007, 08:06 AM
I did like the first episode - maybe even more than 'Men in Trees'. There is something about a big ensemble show I really enjoy. Ending was sad. Can't wait to figure out exactly what Dad was up to.

Carol
01-27-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed it, Mel. It gets better and better.

Christine
01-27-2007, 10:59 AM
I am definitely still watching...I LOVE the addition of Rob Lowe! And I just love the quick and witty dialogue.

I hope it gets 'picked up' and becomes a long running series. I am definitely hooked!

DisneyGiant
01-28-2007, 04:34 PM
The Rob Lowe addition has certainly spiced up the show - I particularly loved his reactions during Nora's "surprise" birthday party. And now the actors all seem like they actually are brothers and sisters!!

In the beginning, I didn't think this show was going to be that great - but now its a season pass on TiVo!!

I wish I could watch Men in Trees - just can't stand Anne Heche.......

Dopey's Girl
02-03-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one in love with this show!!! I love the cast (Balthazar Getty...:cloud9: ) and the writing is amazing! I was pretty upset that the moved Grey's from Sunday's, but this has more than made up for it!

heart4princephillip
02-03-2007, 09:55 PM
I absolutely adore this show! There are so many people in it from other shows that I loved: Alias, Ally McBeal, Six Feet Under, Thirtysomething. It's like a reunion of some of my favorites. I was disappointed that Tom Skerritt left so early...he is another actor I enjoy watching.

Melanie
02-04-2007, 03:22 AM
Watched the second episode last night, and I really enjoyed it. Who is this Dave Annable guy? Justin is very troubled, but oh so cute. :D And I've always liked Balthazar Getty. This is such a great cast! And I too am sad Tom Skerritt bit the bullet so quickly.

Carol
02-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Itsn't he a cutie, Mel? I really enjoy his character. He has some of the best lines!

He's a New Yorker. :thumbsup: He's had guest roles on a few night time dramas and was on Reunion. I really like him and the bulk of this cast. :D

We don't get a new episode tonight. :pout:

Christine
02-04-2007, 11:34 AM
We don't get a new episode tonight. :pout:

I was afraid of that...stupid super bowl!

Christine
02-12-2007, 02:48 AM
I so enjoyed the new episode tonight! The reference that Rob Lowe made about Demi Moore was adorable! I am so glad he has joined the cast.

And Sally Field's night out with ex-Lois Lane (forgot her name??) was really funny... especially when given the right to remain silent and they burst out laughing! :D

NotaGeek
02-12-2007, 04:10 AM
What a GREAT episode! Margot Kidder is still FAB!

Ok, so Kevin needs to get it together because Scotty is ADORABLE ... and it's nice to see someone that is really gay acting in a gay part!

Rob Lowe is GREAT and I like his laissez-faire attitude towards their relationship considering his political positioning in the show ... it's bound to end up being a bad thing eventually though!

Christine
02-12-2007, 08:57 AM
What a GREAT episode! Margot Kidder is still FAB!

Margot Kidder! Thank you, I could not remember her name to save my life!!!

Carol
02-12-2007, 09:04 AM
This show is SO good and well written.

The first 5 minutes when they were all on the phone had me cracking up. Classic!

It was great seeing Scotty again. I really like him too, Michael.

Now if they'd just have Saul and Holly ride off into the sunset - all would be perfect. :thumbsup:

Any speculation on Dad's big secret? :scratch:

NotaGeek
02-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Any speculation on Dad's big secret? :scratch:

I think it's going to be the fact that he and Holly had the kid ... I think only a couple of people know about it. I can't wait until next week!

Carol
02-12-2007, 01:10 PM
I think it's going to be the fact that he and Holly had the kid ... I think only a couple of people know about it. I can't wait until next week!Oh. I was hoping it would be something we didn't know already.

Christine
05-21-2007, 08:55 AM
I really enjoyed last night's season's finale

EXCEPT.....

last week, I cried my eyes out watching Tommy and Julia make their horrific decision about their daughter and son.

This week, Tommy is be-bopping around and his wife is laying in the bed while their little girl is STILL in the hospital! And Nora is throwing parties and halfway putting together a nursery in her spare time.

Why is NO ONE at the hospital??? No one even mentioned that baby's name! Just an ocassional "how's Julia?" or "Julia isn't coming to the party".

Did anyone else find that completely strange??

Carol
05-21-2007, 07:40 PM
What's to say they weren't at the hospital? I hardly call spending the day with his brother before he heads to Iraq "be-bopping" around. Not to mention the party was held so Justin could be there.

I didn't have a problem with them not showing the baby. They mentioned she was doing well. Two weeks had passed and we only saw one event. There was a lot of time not accounted for.

I liked the episode.

Edited to add;
I really hope we don't have to see Milo Peterman next season. I do not like the actor that played that role. :unsure:

Christine
05-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Oh no, Carol, I don't at all take lightly that Tommy or the rest of the family were wanting to spend time with Justin before he went to Iraq (which also caused me to sit and cry my eyes out as I watched him leave), it just strikes me as odd that the baby wasn't mentioned more.

No one goes five minutes without mentioning poor Sarah and her marital dilema, but Tommy and Julia's situation just seemed to be overlooked to me.

I guess last week's show just hit me hard for some reason, and I really wanted to re-visit it.

It's neat and interesting how two people watching the same show can come out with two different takes! :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
05-22-2007, 02:01 AM
I loved the episode, and cried, of course. i found it a great twist that Saul is on the down low! And I do like Kevin and the new gay minister. WHEW, what a cute guy, and he looks like he could totally be Rob Lowe's younger and much cuter brother!

ChipnDaleGal
05-22-2007, 05:29 AM
I am going to miss this show so much over the summer. That whole goodbye at the airport with Justin had me sobbing out loud. Sally is such a good actress she gives me goosebumps.

I am glad that they ended the year with them being happy and silly and all in the pool. Kind of nice not having some big hairy cliffhanger to worry about until fall.

NotaGeek
05-22-2007, 01:08 PM
I am going to miss this show so much over the summer. That whole goodbye at the airport with Justin had me sobbing out loud. Sally is such a good actress she gives me goosebumps.

I am glad that they ended the year with them being happy and silly and all in the pool. Kind of nice not having some big hairy cliffhanger to worry about until fall.
I feel exactly the same way. I was so glad it wasn't a huge cliff hanger. I hate when writers feel they need that to ensure return viewers. UGH.

Melanie
06-12-2007, 12:12 PM
I stayed up late last night watching the last four episodes online. Oh my goodness - so good! I love this show!!!

I laughed and I cried a lot. I really want Joe and Sarah to work it out. That made me sad.

Carol
06-12-2007, 01:16 PM
So glad to hear you were able to watch the finals.

I laughed and I cried a lot. I really want Joe and Sarah to work it out. That made me sad.Me too. I really like them together.