PDA

View Full Version : Lost Season 3

Pages : 1 [2]

Jenemmy
05-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Tonight is the two hour season finale!

Who else thinks that Michael and Walt are going to be sitting at the Looking Glass station where they are keeping Charlie? I think it would be just like Ben to tell Michael that he is letting them go and then give them coordinates to their underwater station. They are obviously still keeping a lookout because the helicopter crashed (or whatever happened to it) right over it. I’m sure they would capture Michael and Walt’s boat too.

What about Locke? Is he dead? I don’t see them killing off Locke, but you never with this show.

What’s the deal with Jacob? I wonder if we’ll find out tonight?

In last week’s episode, wasn’t the girl that Charlie saved in the alley the girl that Sayad is in love with?

I wonder if we’ll get a flashback tonight or if it will just be two hours straight of Losties vs. The Others and The Saga at The Looking Glass?

I’m looking forward to it!

I just tried to reply and my computer went wacky --- so, forgive me if I wind up with a double post......

My random thoughts:

Locke isn't dead. At least, i seriously doubt it. There has to be more to Locke/Jacob/Ben. My theory is that Ben has been pretending to hear/see Jacob all along and the fact that Locke actually heard him is what had him so rattled when he got back to camp after shooting locke. I think Richard wants locke to be the new "ben"

I am also kind of thinking that the parachute girl might be associated with the women in the looking glass station. I don't trust her.

As far as Michael and Walt.....:confused: clueless!

I did stumble across a spoiler for tonight's episode (wish I hadn't) that is a doozy!! I won't spill here, but if it is true you will be standing up at the end of the show and yelling "NU-UH!!!" at your TV!!! lolol

J9
05-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Ok.....Walt?!?! Is that the shape shifting smoke monster or actually Walt?

I miss Charlie....I was probably one of the only few people that still liked him.

And....Jack's dad is alive?!?! Hmmmm....Jack told the chief surgeon to head down to his dad's office and if Jack was drunker he would be fired. That's kinda a roundabout way of saying that Jack's dad is around post-island which begs the question - why did he fake his death?

And who is Kate married to in the future? She told Jack at the end that "he will be wondering where I am." My frist thought was Sawyer, but when i really thought about it, I don't think Sawyer would try to keep Kate on a leash -- but BEN would!!!

Gah.....why do I have to wait until NEXT YEAR!!!

BriarRose0708
05-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Ok.....Walt?!?! Is that the shape shifting smoke monster or actually Walt?

I miss Charlie....I was probably one of the only few people that still liked him.

And....Jack's dad is alive?!?! Hmmmm....Jack told the chief surgeon to head down to his dad's office and if Jack was drunker he would be fired. That's kinda a roundabout way of saying that Jack's dad is around post-island which begs the question - why did he fake his death?

And who is Kate married to in the future? She told Jack at the end that "he will be wondering where I am." My frist thought was Sawyer, but when i really thought about it, I don't think Sawyer would try to keep Kate on a leash -- but BEN would!!!

Gah.....why do I have to wait until NEXT YEAR!!!

wow, that twist at the end was great! I wonder if there will be no flashbacks anymore and everything will be told from the future "backwards." This episode was called Through the Looking Glass, after all. Too bad we literally do need to wait until next year for new episodes, and only 16 at that. February 2008 is how far away???

MNNHFLTX
05-24-2007, 12:59 AM
I am truly impressed. The season finale held me enthralled right up to the end. Such a clever twist that the "flashbacks" tonight became the "flash-foward". I try to imagine whose obituary Jack is reading and the only person who comes to mind is Sawyer.

I honestly don't have an inkling what is happening/happened on the island, but the writers have got me thinking. I was especially shocked to see Walt.

The only element not shown tonight was the RRE and to tell the truth, I didn't even miss it. :p

Nini
05-24-2007, 04:21 AM

Perhaps the Island brought him back to life. If I remember correctly, his casket had been on the plane, and Jack even "saw" him.

I liked the episode, and I sure do hope Charlie isn't dead!

Denise :mickey:

NotaGeek
05-24-2007, 04:49 AM
WOW. If only the whole season had been as good as the last episode!

Advnt05
05-24-2007, 07:22 AM
It was a good episode. Now why did Charlie choose to die? Couldn't he swim out the blown hole and up? Couldn't he have opened the door and gotten out and left with Desmond? Did Patchy die in the explosion?

I'm clueless about who the new people coming are. I'm also clueless about who is in the casket. No one came to the viewing. If it was Sawyer, there would have been several people there right? Maybe Locke or Ben in the casket?

I'm thinking that Walt is a good guy. Maybe John is on the right path afterall?

Spaceship Tigger
05-24-2007, 07:43 AM
I'm pretty sure Jack was just showing signs of losing it when he mentioned his father. I think the Jack's dad references were to try to make people think that they were still watching flashbacks up until the end.

There are screen captures on other sites of the news article Jack had. It talks about a man 'of New York' with a first name starting with a 'J' and a last name of something like '_antham'. This is not a name of anyone we know, so either someone we know changed their name after getting back or it's someone new. Pieces of the article seem to refer to the man hanging himself in his LA loft.

bleukarma
05-24-2007, 08:08 AM
Wow, what a show!
So are we now going to see flash-forwards instead of flashbacks? I’m happy they do get off the island but it’s going to be hard for me to get the concepts of “life after the island” since for three years it’s been only the island.

How did Penny come through at the exact moment that Charlie turned off the transmission scrambler thing?! Is she just sitting in an office somewhere waiting for transmissions from the island or something?!

And poor Charlie, I’m going to miss him. He stuck around for three seasons and I was sure he would be one of the ones to make it back and listen to his greatest hits cd. Did anyone else notice that while Jack was driving to the funeral home he was listening to Driveshaft?

I too was confused at the fact that Jack kept mentioning his dad. I guess the poor guy really did lose it after they were rescued. Ben was kind of right, he really didn’t have anything to go back to.

I was almost sure that Michael and Walt would be at the Looking Glass. I still wonder what happened to them. I know last night we saw Walt but for some reason I don’t think it was the “real” Walt, it seemed more of a vision that Locke was having. I think the real Walt would’ve climbed down in the pit and helped Locke instead of standing there trying to coax him out. I guess Locke got the feeling in his legs back. Also, the kid that played Walt got really tall!!!!!!!!!

Go Hurley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt bad for him but I knew it was leading up to Hurley saving the day! I think Hurley’s flash-forward is the one I would be most interested in seeing. Has his mom spent all his money?! Does his bad luck come back when he gets off the island?

I was happy with the finale but of course it raised even more questions. Who is coming to the Island? I guess we have months and months to wonder. I hate how ABC likes to take year long hiatus’s!!!

MNNHFLTX
05-24-2007, 08:40 AM
Did Patchy die in the explosion?

I'm also clueless about who is in the casket. No one came to the viewing. If it was Sawyer, there would have been several people there right? Maybe Locke or Ben in the casket?There's something about Mikhail ("Patchy") that doesn't sit right. He has apparently come back from the dead twice, so I have my doubts that we've seen the last of him.

As far as who was in the casket, that one will have me thinking for a while. When Jack mentioned the funeral, Kate said something to the effect of "Why do you think I would want to go to the funeral?" John was the other person that came to mind, besides Sawyer (and both men's names start with a "J"-in reference to the other post in this thread).

And the title of the episode intrigues me too--"Through the Looking Glass". I know the the sub station was called the Looking Glass, but I can't help but think the Alice in Wonderland reference has more meaning than that.

Lol--it must have been a good show for me to still be thinking about it the next day! :)

Diznee4Me
05-24-2007, 09:59 AM
I am thinking Ben is in the coffin. When Jack was asked if he was "friend or family" he said "neither." But the way he touched the casket made me feel like he was acknowledging something important to the person in the casket. (Maybe I should'nt have left the island?) Who knows.

So are we now going to see flash-forwards? And Jack was pretty animate abhout them needing to get back to the island.

And what about Walt's "powers." The bird hitting the window after seeing it in a book and the polar bear after seeing the comic.

I am wondering if Jack isn't going to have Walt somehow warn them not to leave the island - a kind of going back in time to warn them not leave moment.

These are all my post-show, off the top of my head, scifi theory predictions!:D Attack at your will!:D

Dixie Springs
05-24-2007, 11:44 AM
I also had guessed either Ben or Locke in the coffin, based on the 'neither friend nor family' comment, coupled with Jack's compulsion to attend the funeral. What a great show. The writers can go anywhere with this whole thing. I'm totally sucked in - and 'lost'!

PirateLover
05-24-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm thinking it's someone we haven't met yet in the coffin. I was happy with last nights episode. FINALLY we got the action we have been asking for. Hurley saving the day was the best part. Wait no, Sayid breaking that guys neck with his legs was the best part.

I'm really bummed Charlie died. I guess he really believed in Desmond's visions because there were several ways he could've escaped... oh well :(

So many questions, but for once I do feel satisfied.

NotaGeek
05-24-2007, 02:40 PM
And the title of the episode intrigues me too--"Through the Looking Glass". I know the the sub station was called the Looking Glass, but I can't help but think the Alice in Wonderland reference has more meaning than that.

Darn ABC and their Disney references! Where's Mufasa when you need him! This whole episode made my head spin... Mufasa is so good at conspiracy theories!! :mickey:

PirateLover
05-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Darn ABC and their Disney references! Where's Mufasa when you need him! This whole episode made my head spin... Mufasa is so good at conspiracy theories!! :mickey:

It took me about 30 seconds to realize you were talking about the Intercot member Mufasa, and not the actual character. I was pretty confused for those 30 seconds lol :blush:

ChipDale
05-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Great finale! :smokin:

The first thing that sprang to mind in the beginning of the episode is that this is the future. Whoever did Jack's hair and makeup rocks because he really looked old and "used". In his flashbacks he always looked trim and healthy.

I think it's going to end up that the island is Jack's Shangri-La ("Lost Horizon"). Once he got home he realized his mistake and it's driven him crazy/suicidal/drugs/alcohol because he can't find it again.

Carol
05-24-2007, 04:12 PM
I thought so too, Janie. Jack really did 'age'.

Charlie couldn't open the door or go out the window due to the water pressure. It would be impossible. I wouldn't count him out. Maybe Desmond will swim out and save him. (I'm being optimistic. I really like Charlie.)

Wonderful finale. :cool:

bleukarma
05-24-2007, 04:33 PM
Yes, but it seems like Charlie closed the door behind him, kind of locking himself in. The door was open when he saw the guy outside the window and he ran and shut the door…kind of in Desmonds face. I was wondering why Charlie didn’t just run out the door to the other side with Desmond. I think he thought it was fate or something.

At first I thought it was Ben in the coffin because of the whole “friends or family” thing. I think he would claim to be friends with any of the other Losties. But it being Sawyer is believable too because I could see Jack saying “neither” about Sawyer since he’s been with the woman he loves. That would mean that Kate didn’t end up with Sawyer and the “he” that she was referring to at the end could be anybody, possibly someone we haven’t met yet. And we don’t know how Sawyer is going to treat Kate in the future which could explain the “why would I go to his funeral” comment. Also, I don’t think Ben would ever leave the island…I think he’s going to live and die there.

It’s cool that Alex and Roussou(sp?) finally met last night! We know that Alex was born on the island so that means that Roussou must’ve gotten pregnant off the island since she didn’t die giving birth to her.

J9
05-24-2007, 06:10 PM
My brother and i were also talking about Charlie and why he didn't run out of the control room and shut the door then, saving both himself and desmond. We watched the scene a few times, and I think Charlie knew he HAD to stay inside in order to save desmond. If you watch it, he turns some kind of lock and you hear a whooshing noise. We came to the conclusion that in order for the room to be watertight, it had to be sealed and locked from the inside. If this is right, then water would have come through the door if Charlie and Desmond had closed it from the outer room because the watertight seal would not be in place.

This scene also makes Charlie out to be a Christ figure in that as he's floating, the porthole is directly behind his head and is glowing like a halo. So in a way, Charlie came to the realization that he had to sacrifice himself in order to save them all. (But I like Charlie, so I'm hoping that the Christ analogy can continue and he'll pop up later on good as new!)

pjbs35a
05-24-2007, 08:59 PM
The only element not shown tonight was the RRE and to tell the truth, I didn't even miss it.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......How could you miss him ??? He was in several scenes.

Can't wait till next season. More questions. More answers ???

Beast_fanatic
05-25-2007, 12:00 AM

I saw a screenshot of the emblem on the looking glass station. It looks like a rabbit.

BriarRose0708
05-25-2007, 03:46 AM
there had been some speculation that Charlie isn't dead, that he could have swam out of the porthole. But Dominic has confirmed that he has left the show and Charlie is in fact dead. He admitted to not having been happy as of late because Charlie hadn't been featured as much for the past two seasons as he was in the first, and he wanted to pursue other ventures.

I wonder who else got off the island with Jack and Kate. If Desmond's vision came true, after Charlie died Claire and Aaron must have been rescued as well. So who was in the coffin, and who was Kate going back to after her meeting with Jack. Sawyer? Locke? Bernard? An Other or two?

Jenemmy
05-25-2007, 06:09 AM
My theory on why Charlie didn't swim out the porthole is that Desmond said that Charlie HAD to die in order to save Claire and Aaron. In surrendering to it, he believed he was allowing everyone else to be rescued......

NJDad
05-25-2007, 06:14 AM
The Lost producer types stated that they felt Charlie's character had run its course-they could only make him relapse into addiction, which would be boring.

They also wanted to up the ante-thinking he was the biggest character to die so far.

MNNHFLTX
05-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......How could you miss him ??? He was in several scenes.Nah, I'm pretty sure he wasn't there. Maybe you were watching the show in an alternate universe? ;)

ChipDale
05-25-2007, 10:28 AM
The only element not shown tonight was the RRE and to tell the truth, I didn't even miss it. :p

Me either Beth and I certainly hope that it doesn't show up in Season 4 (the show and in this discussion).

Advnt05
05-25-2007, 11:01 AM
The thought above regarding Charlie having to die to fulfill Desmond's vision makes sense to me. I'll jump on board that one for now. I am not sure the water tight seal is much of an issue. Both of them could have swam out the same way they came in if the entire place flooded. You know, if Desmond saw the grenade happening, makes you wonder why he turned his back on Patchy.
I could also go with it being Sawyer in the coffin. Maybe something happens that drives a wedge between him, Kate, and Jack.

Final thought is that Desmond saw Claire and the baby getting on the helicopter. That doesn't necessarily mean that either of them get rescued. The other Losties could be getting off a different route. I think Claire and the baby getting on the helicopter may be a bad move for them.

ChipnDaleGal
05-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Me either Beth and I certainly hope that it doesn't show up in Season 4 (the show and in this discussion).

May it rest in peace with all the other casualties from this week's finale. :thumbsup:

AvonleaCF
05-25-2007, 01:57 PM

Me too.

Sorry, but it's getting old. I actually cringe each time I see it mentioned on here.

But back on topic, I thought the finale was great. But I bet we haven't heard the last of Locke. He may have appeared to have surrendered to Jack calling for help, but I doubt he'll let them go that easily. Plus we still don't know if Ben was telling the truth about the people on the boat wanting to destroy everything on the island. We know it's not Penny's boat, but we don't know if they're good or bad guys.

PirateLover
05-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Me too.

Sorry, but it's getting old.

But if I recall correctly, you never liked the RRE to
begin with... ;)
I guess he deserves a break for a while, but I wouldn't mind a resurrection at some point in the future. We still have 3 (abbreviated) seasons to go :D

Carol
05-25-2007, 05:07 PM
I think her point is it's an inside joke and 3 years old - probably not fair to new people joining in on the conversation of the show. They feel unwelcome and 'lost'. :offtopic:

I agree. Charlie really had no choice if he believed in Desmond's visions of Claire getting off the Island with the baby. He had to drown.

February is a long way away. :unsure:

SallyfromDE
05-25-2007, 05:16 PM
I just read an article on a Lost board that showed the obituary Jack was reading. It's for Jeremy Bentham. I'd love it if someone can explain this character to me. I have a tendency to forget names.

PirateLover
05-25-2007, 06:09 PM
I think her point is it's an inside joke and 3 years old

I got the point but thanks :) *just wanted to add this was sincere, not sarcastic.

I can see that many of you are tired of it and I'm willing to let go of it, but I don't really see how it is unwelcoming or harmful. Confusing maybe to a newcomer but then again there are a lot of inside jokes throughout this online community that are always being re-explained :shrug:

At any rate, I think that I for one will actually be able to make it to next Feb without fretting. For once I was not really angered or left scrambling for answers. This was a very up and down season for me, but with the last few episodes it did end on a high note. And now that we know there is a set timeline, I have confidence that the show can get back to what it once was. The only big question that sticks in my head right now it, what about that 4 toed statue????

PirateLover
05-25-2007, 06:11 PM
I just read an article on a Lost board that showed the obituary Jack was reading. It's for Jeremy Bentham. I'd love it if someone can explain this character to me. I have a tendency to forget names.

I don't think there has been anyone on the cast with that name. Perhaps he will be introduced next season. It is also the name of an 18th century philosopher.

Diznee4Me
05-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Ok, tossing out a new theory about the coffin.

Just watched the episode again and noticed - this is all my perception of the scene, don't flame me :) - but it appears the funeral home is in an African-American community/neighborhood. Could the funeral home have been an African-American funeral home? Could Michael have been in the coffin? No one wanted to come because he left them and apparantly did not try to save them. Of course this begs the question about where Walt was but he seems to have some kind of "special power" thing going on anyway. Finally, maybe it was just me but the funeral director seemed to give Jack a stange look when he said friend or "family."

This would give us an insight to what Michael and Walt did when they left the island if this is going to be a flash forward kind of season.

I am not holding to much credence to the name on the clipping yet - we'll see how all of that plays out.

What y'all think?

SallyfromDE
05-26-2007, 08:28 AM
Can I post the whole article? Just not the link. Sally

"The body of Jeremy Bentham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue.

Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim’s loft.

Concerned for tenants’ safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room.

According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham (sic) is survived by one teenaged son.

Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening."

PirateLover
05-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Hmm...well with Diznee4Me's theory and the info from the clipping, perhaps Michael changed his name when he got back? The teenage son thing fits... curiouser and curiouser :ccat:

Oh hey, I also wanted to point out that Hoffs-Drawlar, the name of the funeral home, is an anagram of Flash Forward

BriarRose0708
05-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Oh hey, I also wanted to point out that Hoffs-Drawlar, the name of the funeral home, is an anagram of Flash Forward

That is so clever, I never would have thought to figure that out!

Diznee4Me
05-26-2007, 06:40 PM
Hmm...well with Diznee4Me's theory and the info from the clipping, perhaps Michael changed his name when he got back? The teenage son thing fits... curiouser and curiouser :ccat:

When I reread the clipping I thought the same thing - with his history I would have changed my name too. And the teenage son, hummmm...

Re-rereading the clipping, does that mean Jack was in New York, or was the body flown to LA? I was thinking Jack was in LA.

I tired to figure out the letters also - good call!

2Epcot
06-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Well, me and my wife just got around to watching the season finale last night. Between the move, and my new schedule, we don't get to participate in our weekly "Lost" party anymore. I guess we will have to find some people in our area that watch Lost. Anyway, I loved the final episode.

I am truly impressed. The season finale held me enthralled right up to the end. Such a clever twist that the "flashbacks" tonight became the "flash-foward".

I felt the same way, every segment of the show was great. I also liked the new twist, that we are now seeing things after they get off the island. This seems like a natural progression for the story as they start going into the final seasons of the show.

Wow, what a show!

How did Penny come through at the exact moment that Charlie turned off the transmission scrambler thing?! Is she just sitting in an office somewhere waiting for transmissions from the island or something?!
Go Hurley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt bad for him but I knew it was leading up to Hurley saving the day! I

I think the whole Penny thing being right there when the jammer was turned off was more of just one of those things that happen in TV. I"m sure she had been trying to get though for a while. The fact that she didn't know who Naomi was made Ben's story more believeable. I believe it will end up she will be somebody up to no good. I think the boat they are calling will not be what eventually gets them off the island.

My wife and I both loved the part when Hurley came to save the day. You felt bad for him, then he became the hero. That was a great moment.

I thought the finale was great. But I bet we haven't heard the last of Locke. He may have appeared to have surrendered to Jack calling for help, but I doubt he'll let them go that easily.

I really like Locke's character. I did not exect him to die after he was shot. He was able to start walking after the crash, so I figured the same "healing" would happen to him after he was shot.

chrisb26
06-01-2007, 01:23 PM
But back on topic, I thought the finale was great. But I bet we haven't heard the last of Locke. He may have appeared to have surrendered to Jack calling for help, but I doubt he'll let them go that easily. Plus we still don't know if Ben was telling the truth about the people on the boat wanting to destroy everything on the island. We know it's not Penny's boat, but we don't know if they're good or bad guys.

I actually watched the finale last week however haven't had a chance to respond yet.

I thought it was a great episode. I am trying to figure out if those people are good or bad. We do know that they are not with Penny. Which I was very surprised about. My thoughts are that they are in fact bad people. I don't think that Ben was lying about that. To me he looked serious. Personally I can't see why he would want them on the island. The things that have happened on the island are not exactly believable. Also the island is hidden from everybody still it only became visible that one single moment. So why wouldn't Ben want them off the island. That and the fact that they stated the show would end in I believe 2010 and I saw an interview with the creators and they said there would be no lost if they were not on the island so that might give some indication to their escape.

As far as Locke goes I was very happen he wasn't dead. I think when he saw Walt that was just a vision and not actually him like when he saw Boone. So I doubt Walt is back on the island. As far as Locke backing down to Jack I highly doubt he was going to do that. If you look you can see Locke going to the back of the tower. When I saw that I immediately thought that Locke was going to blow up the tower. That would stop the transmission real fast.

I guess we will just have to wait to see. Although waiting for eight months is a very long time . However I have to wait that long for my other show The 4400 every year so I guess I can wait for lost.