PDA

View Full Version : Jericho [Merged Threads]

MauiMouse
09-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Anyone else looking forward to this new series?

I had to write it down in my planner so I wouldn't forget :blush: , but I am really looking forward to watching tonight. Looks really good. Time will tell.

From CBS.com
JERICHO is a drama about what happens when a nuclear mushroom cloud suddenly appears on the horizon, plunging the residents of a small, peaceful Kansas town into chaos, leaving them completely isolated and wondering if they're the only Americans left alive. Fear of the unknown propels Jericho into social, psychological and physical mayhem when all communication and power is shut down. The town starts to come apart at the seams as terror, anger and confusion bring out the very worst in some residents. Jake Green (Skeet Ulrich), prodigal son of the town's mayor, becomes a reluctant hero when a school bus crashes as a result of the explosion. Mayor Johnston Green (Gerald McRaney) is conflicted with the return of his estranged son, but is called to action when the town begins to riot. Johnston's wife, Gail (Pamela Reed), is the strong, savvy first lady of the town who runs interference between her husband and her favorite son. Attempting to usurp the mayor's power is Johnston's political adversary, Gray Anderson (Michael Gaston), who is not above putting his personal agenda before the welfare of the very community he wants to lead.

Though the cloud appears in the distance, it affects all the residents in Jericho, including Dale Turner (Erik Knudsen), the 16-year-old trailer park kid everybody picks on, who finds himself in a position that could change his status; Robert Hawkins (Lennie James), a mysterious stranger who seems to be a jack-of-all-trades as he steps in to help restore order; Heather Lisinski (Sprague Grayden), a pretty young schoolteacher on the bus with her students returning from a class trip when the glare from the explosion causes a terrible accident; Emily Sullivan (Ashley Scott), Jake's high school sweetheart who lives outside of town and innocently goes about her business unaware of the catastrophe, Bonnie Richmond (Shoshannah Stern), a pretty 17-year-old who is hearing impaired; and Bonnie's older brother Stanley (Brad Beyer), Jake's best friend from childhood and an avid car lover who works on the family farm. In this time of crisis, as sensible people become paranoid, personal agendas take over and well-kept secrets threaten to be revealed, some people will find an inner strength they never knew they had, and the most unlikely heroes will emerge.

Melanie
09-20-2006, 05:37 PM
Skeet Ulrich. :heart:

MauiMouse
09-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Skeet Ulrich. :heart:

:ditto:

MScholl13
09-20-2006, 06:54 PM
:ditto:

Ditto for me too! He's the main reason I want to watch. ;)

ChipnDaleGal
09-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Ditto for me too! He's the main reason I want to watch. ;)

And me too!! Looks like Skeet has a fan base here at Intercot!! :heart:

Advnt05
09-21-2006, 09:16 AM
Watched this last night for a while. The premise is interesting. I am anxious to see how they work out their issues to survive.
The only thing that might be a red flag to me involves their glimpse of next week. They said that there are other survivors and we'll learn more next week. That seems like a spin off of LOST. Couldn't they drag it out a while longer before bringing in survivors?

MNNHFLTX
09-21-2006, 09:29 AM
I am so bummed--I missed this show last night. My son had a spur-of-the-moment Little League practice that was supposed to be over by 6:30 p.m. (the show was at 7) and they didn't let us out of there until after 7:30!!! I was not a happy camper last night.... :(

Mr. Tom Morrow
09-21-2006, 09:51 AM
I liked the show, it kinda reminded me of a Stphen King mini series. :cool:
Did I miss it or did they not say where Skeet Ulrich's character has been for the last 5 years? :confused:

Advnt05
09-21-2006, 11:34 AM
They did not say. He told the first person that he was in the Army. His mom he told something else. His ex girlfriend he said Air Force and then changed it when she questioned him. One time he told someone the Navy. So maybe it is some type of military thing. Nice secret at the start. He apparently learned some type of military training.

MauiMouse
09-21-2006, 12:51 PM
I really enjoyed the show, I'm hooked. I felt so bad for the young man whose mother was in Atlanta, especially when he kept playing the tape over and over again.

Mr. Tom Morrow
09-21-2006, 02:59 PM
They did not say. He told the first person that he was in the Army. His mom he told something else. His ex girlfriend he said Air Force and then changed it when she questioned him. One time he told someone the Navy. So maybe it is some type of military thing. Nice secret at the start. He apparently learned some type of military training.

Mr. Tom Morrow
09-30-2006, 09:02 PM
I just watched the second episode and I have to say I really like this show. My favorite character has to be Robert Hawkins. He definitly knows more about all this than he is letting on. I know up to this point they have made 5 episodes it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Ian
09-30-2006, 10:57 PM
I watched all of the first episode and I thought it was really good ... very suspenseful.

Unfortunately, the 2nd episode competed with the premiere of Biggest Loser and DW wanted to watch that, so we swapped back and forth and I missed quite a bit. It looked good, though.

This is definitely going to be on my watch list for as long as it's on!

elorac
10-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Jericho and Heroes are my 2 new must-see shows (along with Lost). I too luf Skeet Ulrich. Does anyone remember a TV show called Miracles he starred in that was cancelled?

bucky at disney
10-03-2006, 02:36 PM
For anyone out there that has mixed one of the episodes - I believe you can view them online at CBS.

elorac
10-19-2006, 12:12 AM
Is anyone else watching this show? I have to say that the hairs on the back of my neck stood up at the end of tonight's episode when it shows bombs being launched.

ChipnDaleGal
10-19-2006, 07:21 AM
I haven't watched the latest episode yet. Much as I love Skeet, I am thinking about dropping this show. I want to know what is up but the show is not keeping me as interested as it did the first couple times. If it doesn't pick up for me soon I think I am done with it.

MNNHFLTX
10-19-2006, 09:02 AM
I haven't watched the latest episode yet. Much as I love Skeet, I am thinking about dropping this show. I want to know what is up but the show is not keeping me as interested as it did the first couple times. If it doesn't pick up for me soon I think I am done with it.I have been watching this show regularly, but I agree that it is not as enthralling as it could be. They need more ominous twists (like the missiles at the end of this epidsode). And I find some of the storyline unrealistic. If they were on the brink of a nuclear world war, would all these people really be sitting in the town bar, drinking and chatting about "world events"? Would teenagers who seemingly lost family members really be having parties? It just seems to me that the writers are not taking the show's concept seriously enough.

Hopefully the show will improve soon, because the idea behind it had potential.

ChipnDaleGal
10-19-2006, 09:49 AM
I have been watching this show regularly, but I agree that it is not as enthralling as it could be. They need more ominous twists (like the missiles at the end of this epidsode). And I find some of the storyline unrealistic. If they were on the brink of a nuclear world war, would all these people really be sitting in the town bar, drinking and chatting about "world events"? Would teenagers who seemingly lost family members really be having parties? It just seems to me that the writers are not taking the show's concept seriously enough.

Hopefully the show will improve soon, because the idea behind it had potential.

You nailed it for me Beth. It is very unrealistic. The way they are squandering resources. You would think some sort of rationing would have gone into effect right away. And the whole thing with the rain and the nuclear fallout is strange. If the rain was toxic, you come out minutes after it is done raining and everything is wet and you are all okay? It just seems too far fetched.

Chip&Dale
10-19-2006, 07:16 PM
I am so cofussed, who is the guy w/ the lap top. and what did the mayors son do before he came home? any guesses???

Ian
10-20-2006, 07:16 AM
I don't know ... I'm lovin' this show quite a bit. I think it's got more interesting plotlines than you can shake a stick at!

I'm really curious to find out what the whole thing is about ... who's that black guy?? What's he up to? He seems nefarious at times, but then other times I'm not so sure. Is he an agent of whatever foreign power bombed us?

Inquiring minds wanna know!

Ian
10-26-2006, 06:02 AM
Ugh.

I'm loving and hating this show all at the same time. I'll admit to being totally hooked into the plotlines, but at the same time I'm starting to get a little frustrated at the lack of advancement on any of the key stories.

Okay, so last night we found out that Hawkins may or may not be a "spy" from "the government" (which government, we have no idea).

We got a little bit of info on why Jake left town.

And that's about it! They teased us last week with the Homeland Security broadcast, so we thought we might finally get some info about what the heck is going on and then all of a sudden there's an EMP???

How could there be an EMP this time around when there were (apparently) no bombs, but last time they saw the mushroom cloud and yet everything was fine???

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... What's going on in Jericho??!!??!!??!!

Jen0610
10-26-2006, 07:48 AM
I don't know if any body will have this answer for me or not but, what else has the actress playing the IRS auditor been in? It has been driving DH and I nuts trying to figure out what else we have seen her in. I want to say it was something SciFi-ish. And of course, her bio isn't on CBS's website, so that is no help.

This show has quickly become apart of our must watch showes. Love all the plot lines. Was really glad to see them jump ahead 2 weeks in the timeline.

Mr. Tom Morrow
10-26-2006, 09:13 AM
I don't know if any body will have this answer for me or not but, what else has the actress playing the IRS auditor been in? It has been driving DH and I nuts trying to figure out what else we have seen her in. I want to say it was something SciFi-ish. And of course, her bio isn't on CBS's website, so that is no help.

This show has quickly become apart of our must watch showes. Love all the plot lines. Was really glad to see them jump ahead 2 weeks in the timeline.

The Actress who plays "Uncle Sam" was in the soap Another World. She played Felicia Galant's daughter. I only know this because my DW reconized her the first episode we watched. I hope this helped Jen.

You nailed it Ian, the show was moving at a good pace and we were starting to find out some things and then just came to a halt with the town picking corn? They had me interested until that point. I hope they give us more next week.

MNNHFLTX
10-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Last night's show brought to mind a question that goes back to the radioactive rain episode. Was anything done to protect the horses at the ranch during the rain? Or did they determine that the rain wasn't significantly radioactive?

For that matter, what effect would radiation have on other creatures exposed to it? Was the prevalence of the corn worms and cockroaches a sign that something more sinister was happening?

I have to say, that I wish this show would focus more on the drama related to the nuclear blast and less on the personal drama of individual lives. Extra-marital affairs, budding romances, family power struggles--they are just distractions from the main storyline to me.

Jen0610
10-26-2006, 11:38 AM
I hope this helped Jen.

THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU!!!!!

What a wonderful thing the internet is. With just that little bit of info, I now know what show it was that we saw her on and it wasn't from Another World. She played in an episode of CSI and seeing as we are CSI freaks, as soon as I saw in listing in her bio, I knew exactly what episode it was.

Mr. Tom Morrow
10-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Last night's show brought to mind a question that goes back to the radioactive rain episode. Was anything done to protect the horses at the ranch during the rain? Or did they determine that the rain wasn't significantly radioactive?

I thought they determined it wasn't radioactive.
Right after the rain didn't they come out with a geiger counter and check? :confused:

QTPie68
10-26-2006, 01:56 PM
I am starting to agree with you all..I like the show, I like the characters and actors and I like the subplots....but I think the major plot, what is happening in the world, should be a little more front and center.

Last night they jumped two weeks in the plot TWO WEEKS....and things looked the same.....I mean, really, two weeks went by in a a flash and every thing was the same and the biggest thing to happen is some horse thieves and corn bugs :confused: . What ever happened to finding out about others out there?? Checking other towns??

C'mon writers, you can do better than that!!

Ian
10-26-2006, 04:43 PM
I think you guys summarized what I've been feeling about this show and wasn't able to really put into words ...

There's been a NUCLEAR WAR and yet people are sort of going about their business ... I mean yeah there's some consternation here and there, but for the most part it seems kinda ... well ... mundane!

I suppose they're sort of cut off from the outside world and access to information is limited, but come on!! Someone has to have some way to find out SOMETHING!!

You mean no one in all of Jericho has a ham radio and/or all other ham radio operators on Earth are offline?? I realize now there's been the EMP, but that just happened. Get on a CB radio or something!

FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON BECAUSE I WANT TO KNOW!!!

I'm so impatient ...

daparish
10-27-2006, 03:47 PM
I have to say, that I wish this show would focus more on the drama related to the nuclear blast and less on the personal drama of individual lives. Extra-marital affairs, budding romances, family power struggles--they are just distractions from the main storyline to me.

Beth,
I have to agree with you. My dh says it is taking on a soap oprea feel. I keep waiting for it to pick back up.

Red Randal
11-01-2006, 09:34 PM
I really enjoy this show and as such I am able to avoid little continuity gaps and leaps in logic. However, as pertains to tonight's episode, the writers need to smarten up unless they really want us to think the townspeople are complete idiots.

First of all, where did they get all that Halloween candy? And, perhaps more importantly, why are they wasting perfectly edible pumpkins to make JACK-O-LANTERNS!?!!?

Good grief.

Mr. Tom Morrow
11-01-2006, 10:43 PM
I love the show but tonights episode was bad. If this is the direction the show is headed, I'll be headed out of Jericho pretty soon :(

Ian
11-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Other than the obvious, aforementioned Halloween issues (I thought the same thing ... the world has ended and they're having a Halloween Party????), I actually liked last night's episode.

I thought we finally got some clarity on some of the gray areas from the last few weeks ... we know it was a terrorist attack, we understand more about Jake's past, and we know more about Hawkins's past too.

I know it has some obvious plot holes, but I'm still on board. The only thing I said to DW last night is I think they need to trim down the number of storylines they have running and spend more quality time focusing on some of the most interesting ones.

Like for example, I could do without the IRS agent storyline ... it seems kinda extraneous. Also, can I ask when IRS agents got such a hefty pay raise?? This woman is obviously a rich snob, but IRS agents make like 40 grand a year!!

elorac
11-08-2006, 09:47 AM
This show really needs to pick it up and concentrate on the nuclear attack storyline. Maybe they're trying to develop the characters more, but viewers seem to be dropping like flies. I hope tonight's episode lives up to the premiere.

Ian
11-08-2006, 10:16 AM
I haven't been following the ratings too much. Are they sinking?

Personally, I can understand that to some degree. I think this show was sort of packaged and sold as one thing but it's turning into something else.

I thought it was going to be more of a drama about the nuclear attack, how people reacted to it, etc. Instead it's almost becoming like Melrose Place set against a post-nuclear holocast background. It's a tad silly, really.

I mean is anyone all that interested in the budding romance between Stan and the IRS lady? Or between Dale and the spoiled rich girl? Even the grumpy broad that owns the store is starting to wear on me.

What we all want to know is what the heck happened, what's being done about it, and how is the town going to move forward from it? Not whether or not Jake and Emily are going to get back together or Eric and his wife are going to divorce. This isn't Days of Our Lives we tuned in for.

I'll ride it out to the end just in the hopes that something happens, but I am losing patience with the storylines. I'd like to see them drop two or three of them and just focus on the more interesting Jake story and the background on Hawkins.

Jen0610
11-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Ok, now I really want to know what exactly Jake has been doing for the last 5 years!!!! He knows about Merks and their operations within the US???? Also was the FBI ID and shield the truth or just another cover story Hawkins????

:thumbsup: or :down: for this episode Ian??

I suprised DH that I knew it was just a flash'bang before they said it. I guess if you sit through enough military/cop shows with DH, you absorb info weither you want to or not.

Ian
11-09-2006, 11:29 AM
I'd definitely give this one a :thumbsup:!

First off, they did what I asked and concentrated only on the two most interesting storylines going (Jake and Hawkins). We didn't see hide nor hair of Cornboy and IRS Woman or Dale and his little girlfriend, which was good.

The other thing was this epi had some action and advanced some plotlines. We learned that Jake has been working as a merc in Iraq for the past five years. And we also learned what Hawkins' deal is (at least it appears that way).

I'm not 100% sold he's actually FBI, though. I think there may be some more plot twists with his character coming ...

Based on what I've seen from next week's previews, I think we're going to get some more info on what's going on.

Jen0610
11-15-2006, 08:00 AM
If anyone has seen the Volvo commercial where the dad is teaching his daughter to drive, is the girl in the commercial the same one who plays Hawkins daughter? I say it is, DH says it isn't. If I get this one right, I get a spa day. Last week I called it correct that Goetz (the Merk) is played by DB Sweeney. DH said it wasn't.

I really need a spa day, so pleeeeaaassse tell me I'm correct!!!!!

Ian
11-15-2006, 06:21 PM
According to IMDB, yes ... it's her.

The actresses name is Jazz Raycole.

Ian
11-16-2006, 09:04 AM
:rolleyes:

This series is the definition of inconsistent. Just when last week's episode got my hopes up, this one was pretty weak.

There's just too much focus on storylines that have nothing to do with the fact that the majority of the U.S. has been nuked.

Frankly, I don't care about Eric's affair or Emily's missed marriage ...

Mr. Tom Morrow
11-16-2006, 11:46 AM
:rolleyes:

Frankly, I don't care about Eric's affair or Emily's missed marriage ...

Same here, the mix of plot lines is almost too much. We go from the energy of the bridge to the daydreams of getting married, and no one questions who the new guy at the bar is? :confused:

I don't care though, I'm still hooked on the show :thumbsup: Maybe they should skip ahead a few weeks for when there gas runs out, their clothes start getting dirty and food becomes an issue, maybe then there would be a sense of urgency with the towns people.

Still a great show. :cool:

Ian
11-17-2006, 10:49 AM
You know it's funny ... all the obvious plot holes and annoying divergences aside, I feel the same way.

I still look forward to watching this train wreck every week!

Jen0610
11-30-2006, 07:37 AM
Ok Ian......Will you be watching when Jerico returns in Feb?????

We are going to be checking out what ever it is they have on the website they posted last night and wait for Feb to roll around. With the ending last night, I really want to know who Hawkins works for and what his role is. We are going to have to find something else to watch on Wed nights, until Feb. Thank goodness, college basketball is starting, that should fill in nicely.

Ian
11-30-2006, 09:23 AM
Oh, absolutely. I have no idea why, but I'm still hooked on this show. I think it's just that I want so badly to know what the heck is going on with everything!! The attacks, Hawkins ...

After last night, I'm more suspicious than ever that Hawkins isn't an agent of the government ... at least not our government. I mean I can see not being good at playing football, but not knowing that guys would be chasing you trying tackle you?? That seems odd ...

I checked out www.whodroppedthebomb.com (http://www.whodroppedthebomb.com) last night and they don't have much there really. It was sort of a letdown.

Mr. Tom Morrow
02-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Anyone out there still interested in watching this show? It was on last night for a recap episode. There will be 11 new episodes in a row starting next Wednesday. I will try to get back into it but they will have to give me a reason to stay tuned in the first new episode.

Ian
02-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Oooh!! Me!! Me!!

Jen0610
02-15-2007, 02:20 PM
DH and I are ready and waiting.

Ian
02-23-2007, 07:23 AM
Well??????????

Did anyone watch??????? What did you guys think???

I'm more confused than ever, now!!!!!

Red Randal
02-23-2007, 06:32 PM
I've pretty much been saying that Hawkins is evil all along. I could care less about Emily and her many possible loves. I found odd humor in Eric's revelation that he played pee wee football, mostly because he bears a striking resemblence to Peyton Manning.

pedro2112
03-24-2007, 12:14 PM
I am a fan of this show, although I concur with most of the criticisms in this thread. So far, this season seems to be getting back to the "good" storylines. The Hawkins situation is fascinating.