PDA

View Full Version : Men In Trees

Figment78
09-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Okay - past experience has taught me that I am like poison to new tv shows, so I probably shouldn't even open my mouth about a new show I like, but I was just wondering if anyone else stumbled upon Men in Trees last week and enjoyed it as much as I did? I typically watch the gamut of CBS crime dramas (all the CSI's, Criminal Minds, Numbers, Without a Trace) and others, such as Crossing Jordan and Law & Order, but this show was a breath of fresh air. I am probably the only person on earth who doesn't watch Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy (although Grey's did get me hooked for a few weeks with the Code Black episode!) so this is a nice alternative for me that isn't too serious a show. (Oh, I actually like Standoff this year too - way to go Burger from Sex & the City!)

Anyways, I wasn't sure about Men in Trees after the Tuesday episode, not being a huge Anne Heche fan, but I really enjoyed the new one on Friday! The rest of the cast is made up of really fun characters. I hope ABC gives it a fair shot. (I'm still not sure I forgive ABC for dumping Eyes after 6 episodes but at least Tim Daly has another shot this year with the Nine!)

Anyone else enjoying Men In Trees?

Fairy Grandmother
09-18-2006, 04:13 AM
Yes, I like it, too. Good writing. Good acting. For some reason I felt like I was watching a movie instead of a TV series.

ChipnDaleGal
09-18-2006, 05:16 AM
I think Anne Heche is a really good actress and so far I have enjoyed both episodes of Men in Trees. I love seeing Jerry from ER have a bigger part in something. Funny that you think you are poison to new TV shows,as I feel that way too often. Hopefully the two of us have not already killed this poor new show. :D

Carol
09-18-2006, 06:38 AM
this show was a breath of fresh air.I agree completely.

Add me to the mix. I have enjoyed both episodes thus far - but I'm a big Anne Heche fan. It's not pegged to do well. Let's hope the projections are wrong. It's so nice to watch something 'different'.

MNNHFLTX
09-18-2006, 11:34 AM
I'm also enjoying Men in Trees--some very interesting characters on there. I think Anne Heche is doing a great job on the show, coming across as tough, vulnerable and nutty, all at once (loved the hair-dryer incident in the last show!)

Hopefully there are lots of other people out there who feel the way we do and the show stays on the air!

Carol
11-27-2006, 07:58 AM
I'm still watching and enjoying this show.

Although I'm not thrilled with the new time slot. I'm an avid ER fan. I'll have to start TiVo-ing Trees. I guess they're hoping to boost the ratings with Grey's as a lead in.

:shrug:

ChipnDaleGal
11-27-2006, 08:44 AM
This show, along with Heroes, is one of my favorite new shows this season. I enjoy the quirky characters, the scenery, and the way I always feel happy after watching the latest episode. I hope moving it to Thursdays does help it gain a larger audience. I would be so sad if it doesn't get picked up for a second season.

NotaGeek
11-27-2006, 08:15 PM
I absolutely LOVE this show and the guys are so cute I am ready to book a long weekend in Alaska! :thedolls:

It does bug me that it's moving to Thursday, but thank goodness for TiVo!

NotaGeek
12-01-2006, 01:54 AM
:clappy:

What a GREAT episode ... and WOW on the ending! I never saw that coming!

MNNHFLTX
12-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Very interesting twist at the end of the show--and who would have thought Justine Bateman would be cast as Lynn?? Well, at least by next week's trailer it does look like Jack lets Marin know his feelings.

Carol
12-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Not me Beth. Mallory Keaton as Jack's love interest? No way. ;)

I loved the episode. It was so nice to see Marin back in New York. My favorite part was seeing Marin in her apartment getting reacquainted with her shoes. :funny:

Too fun! Anne Heche is so good in this role! Great cast. I hope it did well in the new time slot. They certainly promoted it enough during Grey's.

Melanie
12-10-2006, 03:26 PM
I was just very excited to see that this series is debuting here on January 3. Now I can see what all my buddies have been raving about! :woohoo:

Carol
12-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Yay, Mel. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :cloud9:

ChipnDaleGal
12-11-2006, 09:39 AM
That is good news Mel. I think you will like it a lot. These last two episodes were just amazing!! I am so upset that that this week is a repeat. So much going on with the relationships. I just love Plow Guy and Marin's editor. They are just so cute together. I hope that their numbers are getting stronger with the Gray's lead in. I want this show to survive for a Season Two!! :thumbsup:

Melanie
01-10-2007, 05:40 PM
They pushed the premiere date here back to last night. I really liked it! :)

Carol
01-10-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm glad, Mel. I like it more and more.

We get new episodes starting tomorrow. :yay:

Melanie
01-10-2007, 06:40 PM
How many episodes have aired?

I was looking at our schedule, and it's listed through March 7th - 9 total episodes, the last one titled "The Menaissance".

Carol
01-10-2007, 07:02 PM
They've aired 11 so far - with episode 12 on tomorrow.

Carol
01-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Don't look, Mel. I'm going to talk about the latest episode.

Boo Hiss! I did not want to see Lynn stay in Elmo!

Who else wanted to cuff Jack? What is he thinking? Ugh! :down:

I'm glad to see Sara making another appearance. I don't care for Theresa. What do you think about Publisher guy coming into the picture?

MNNHFLTX
01-16-2007, 07:35 PM
I so agree with you, Carol! I just wanted to thump some sense into that thick male head of Jack's! I just can't stand the relationship between he and Lynn, there is no chemistry there whatsoever to me. And you get the sense of what probably drove Jack and Lynn apart to begin with--that she can be manipulative and self-centered. Granted Marin has her insecurities too, but at least she's up-front and honest. Well, I think Publisher Guy is going to make Jack think twice and while I was sad for Marin, I was glad to see that she wasn't wallowing in self-pity at the end.

Oh, at first I like Ben and Theresa back together, but now I'm not liking Theresa very much. :down:

NotaGeek
01-16-2007, 08:34 PM
OMG, 2 love triangles in one show? What are they doing to us? And, more importantly, when did Justine Bateman get so old? Or is that ME getting old?

The whole Ben thing is weird. I think Teresa is selfish and Sara is a prostitute. As a character, Ben is better than both of these women.

Marin CAN'T have the hottest guy in town and the hot publisher guy after her, it's not fair. :)

Can't wait for this week!

Carol
01-21-2007, 07:47 AM
Well -- I found the latest episode painful to watch. I agree, Beth. There is no on-screen chemistry between Lynn and Jack. You could feel the chemistry between Marin and Jack from episode one.

I do like Publisher Guy - but I wanted Marin with Jack.

I was glad to see Jane in the previews. She's one of my favorite characters.

And, more importantly, when did Justine Bateman get so old? Or is that ME getting old?
I was thinking the same thing, Michael. It's got to be her! :funny:

Earnhardt321
01-22-2007, 11:51 PM
I agree with all of you. I was shocked at the end. Jack is supposed to end up with Marin not Lynn. I hope they fix this soon. I am not enjoying that story line. I also agree that Justine Bateman is looking old.

ChipnDaleGal
01-23-2007, 12:51 PM
I think they have to have these triangle going to keep people watching. If they let Jack and Marin get too happy too fast, then where would they go next? It is frustrating for me to see Jack with Marin too, but it does make for interesting storylines. I love having Publisher Guy thrown in the mix too. Jack did not like seeing him so cozy with Marin.

I admire Justine Bateman for not caving into Hollywood version of what a woman her age should look like. She looks great with her lines and her face actually moves when she talks. She is brave! :thumbsup:

I am just amazed at how fast this hour flies by when I am watching an episode. It is one of those shows that you just don't want to end. I love all the characters except for Theresa. I still don't think her intentions are right in regards to Ben.

Melanie
01-24-2007, 05:11 PM
I didn't read any of the spoilers (the 3rd episode just aired here last night), but I did just see that Anne Heche and her husband are separating and she's dating James Tupper (Jack)! Wow, scandal. ;)

NotaGeek
01-24-2007, 07:08 PM
I didn't read any of the spoilers (the 3rd episode just aired here last night), but I did just see that Anne Heche and her husband are separating and she's dating James Tupper (Jack)! Wow, scandal. ;)

:jaw: He's so HOT he can't be trusted!

ChipnDaleGal
01-24-2007, 07:26 PM

Oh my goodness Mel!! This is news to me! I have to admit I wondered how in the world she could hang out with that hunk all day at work and not fall in love!! It is sad for her little boy, though.

Carol
01-25-2007, 07:06 AM
I didn't realize she had been married 5 years. Time sure flies.

James Tupper is so yummy. :faint:

Earnhardt321
01-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Wow I hadn't heard that. James Tupper is very goodlooking. But what about his family. I thought that he was married but I may be wrong.
I missed last nights episode. How was it?

Figment78
01-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Wow! I'm so glad to see this thread is still going! (I started it after the first week the show was on and I was worried it would get cancelled).

I couldn't agree more with everyone about Mallory - I mean, Lynn. there is just something off there. Both in her chemistry with Jack (non-existent) and her appearance. It's not that there is anything WRONG with how she looks, it's just something is off. Maybe they are trying to make her look completely different from Marin? I mean, Marin always looks so cute and put together (I LOVE her wardrobe on this show). They seem to be going more "au naturel" or something with Lynn- with those crazy eyebrows and shaggy haircut. I really don't like her and Jack together and hope she goes away soon. I'm sure Marin and Jack can find enough problems to keep the show interesting on their own without Lynn.

Annie and Patrick are so cute! And Chief Celia (Patrick's mom) is a nut but she's so funny! Very talented cast.

offwego
01-26-2007, 04:18 PM
:jaw: He's so HOT he can't be trusted!
I'm guessing that's what his soon to be ex-wife is saying. (the seperated just prior to christmas when rumors were already rumbling)

Carol
02-10-2007, 02:21 PM
I really do not like Lynn. The entire character seems so fake to me. :shrug:

Now squatter guy is another story. :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
02-10-2007, 02:50 PM
I really do not like Lynn. The entire character seems so fake to me. :shrug:

Now squatter guy is another story. :thumbsup:

You got it sister! Squatter guy almost made me say "Jack who?"

I just can't put my finger on what bugs me about Lynn. When Marin is talking to her on the patio after that ship wreck of a baby shower and she says "can I leave" and Lynn says "you don't need me permission" ... goodness. I would have taken my expensive baby stroller and bashed Lynn in the head with it.

ChipnDaleGal
02-12-2007, 07:12 AM
Oh my goodness! I got to this episode late this week, but Squatter Guy is a hunk!! I fall more in love with this show every week. Loved Orlando Jones and his character. Hope he pops up again. My heart broke for poor Plow Guy. Jane is a ninny.

MNNHFLTX
02-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Oh my goodness! I got to this episode late this week, but Squatter Guy is a hunk!! I fall more in love with this show every week. Loved Orlando Jones and his character. Hope he pops up again. My heart broke for poor Plow Guy. Jane is a ninny.
Oh yes, I agree about Squatter Guy, Donna! :heart:

And about Jane too--what can she be thinking?? :shake:

Carol
02-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Jane has serious relationship issues. Just when you think she is making headway with them she goes and does something like this. :huh:

Figment78
02-23-2007, 12:30 PM
It sounds as though I missed a good episode on 2/8 (I was in WDW-yeah!). I thought had the VCR tape set but somehow it didn't work and I missed it. Can someone fill me in about:

1. the baby shower/Marin/Lynn
2. Plow Guy and Jane??? What happened?
3. Who is Squatter guy?

I mean, I saw the episode last week (2/15) so I know who squatter guy is, but where did he come from, how did he get into the picture?

Thank you!

Melanie
04-11-2007, 09:53 AM
I love this show, but the Lauren Tom character makes me crazy! I liked her on 'Friends', but she's too much on this show. :stop:

ChipnDaleGal
04-11-2007, 10:11 AM
I love this show, but the Lauren Tom character makes me crazy! I liked her on 'Friends', but she's too much on this show. :stop:

She is a little over the top Mel.

We have had a huge skip in episodes here Mel. You must be catching up to us now. I am really missing it.

Carol
04-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Really? I like 'Mai'. She cracks me up. :D

I miss the show too. I hope it starts up again soon. I don't like these long lags between new shows. Thank goodness we're finally getting ER back. :unsure:

Melanie
04-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Really! Donna nailed it - she's too over the top for me.

Our last episode was where Marin moved into her new house prematurely and had a few unwelcomed visitors. Also where Ben was still on the mend and Sara helps out Theresa at the Chieftain.

So we haven't had the baby shower episode yet. How many after that?

Carol
04-11-2007, 09:45 PM
We've had 17 episodes. You just saw #14. The baby shower is episode 16.

You've almost caught us.