PDA

View Full Version : JOHNfm - Internet Radio

John
09-10-2006, 12:24 AM
Hey All:

Just wanted to share with my 20,000+ closest friends here on INTERCOT that I have put together my own radio station - JOHNfm.

For those of you that don't know - I worked in on air in radio for about 15 years - town to town, up and down the dial.

The station is targeted mostly in the 80's but contains music from the 70s, 90's and now as well. For those of you who have a "JACK" station in your neighborhood, it's similar but a little more rock leaning.

Anyway, I'd love it if you stop by and give it a listen. I've toiled away on this for about 2 months now, and I think the end result is pretty darn cool.

BTW, all the voice work you hear (except digital weather) is me. ;)

Enjoy!

http://www.johnfm.com

Sunshine1010
09-10-2006, 01:26 AM
Just went over to your site and I'm listening to it now. I left you an email too.

GREAT JOB!

Lissa3427
09-11-2006, 11:55 PM
I just wanted to let you know that I listened too. I think it is AWESOME... I am an 80's music person anyway and the music is just perfect for me..

Good Job !! :thumbsup:

John
09-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Thanks - glad you like the music :)

mrsgaribaldi
09-29-2006, 10:22 AM
I really like it but I can't play it today. Is anyone else having a problem or is it my computer? thanks:mickey:

SgtTigger
09-29-2006, 01:47 PM
All I get is READY no music................

:cop: :tigger:

aprilisis
09-29-2006, 02:03 PM
I can't get it, either.

mrsgaribaldi
09-29-2006, 05:51 PM
I just wanted to make sure I didn't mess up my computer somehow but I guess not. I'm enjoying the music right now:thumbsup:

John
10-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Is it still happening? We had a server issue - all should be good now!

ryca1dreams
10-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Wow! Level 42, a-ha (even the obscure songs), Romantics, Asia, Yes, Gin Blossoms, Power Station...are you sure we're not twins? If you just played some Kate Bush and Roxy Music... Great Station.

hoop de do
10-03-2006, 02:48 PM
I love it but wife doesn't. She says now I not only sit at PC all the time but I'm humming and singing which she says I need to work on. Seriously, we love it.

Womble
10-16-2006, 01:13 PM
JohnY really enjoy the station and have a couple of questions!

I’ve started listening through the Intercot search bar, but I’ve noticed that by doing that when I go to the JOHNfm home page it does not show anyone listening.
Does it make any difference to the station using the search bar or a separate window to listen?

I’ve looked at the play lists and requested a few tracks a few times. I think that is a great feature how quick the requests are played! :thumbsup: Each time I look I seem to find a track I’ve not noticed before so my second question is!
Do the play lists change? or Is it my brain going soft?

RAIDER
11-03-2006, 07:39 AM
Just to add you have another listerner from the UK :thumbsup:

JakeontheCob
11-17-2006, 04:12 PM
I have been listening on and off for a few weeks now. Great stuff John. Thanks. Between Intercot live365.com radio and your station, my work day is much more enjoyable. :)

Question for you. What is the best way for us to support your station as listeners? I know on live365 you can rate the station, which I have already listed Intercot as my favorite, but what about your JohnFM station? Anything a loyal Intercottee can do to help?

Crow
11-17-2006, 07:16 PM
you worked for WKRP? wow
just saw this and started listening..

mrsgaribaldi
12-15-2006, 04:07 AM
I love the Christmas theme this month:santa:

Red Randal
01-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Wow! Great job. I just heard Dire Straits "Your Latest Trick" and Cutting Crew "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight", two of my favorite songs in the same half hour. Keep up the good work.

One question, though...why no Bruce Springsteen? That's about all I could ask for to make the station any better.

Jeff G
04-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Great station John:thumbsup: !!! I've been listening for a month or so and like the selection.

Being 35 I grew up to most of this music and you play a good variety including a lot of my favorites. I also like the fact that I have a direct link from my Icot browser tool bar for quick access!