PDA

View Full Version : are you flying Southwest this month?

mook3y
09-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Hi Gang!

I just checked Southwest airlines and our previously discounted air fares just dropped another $160... However, for us, it meant staying 2 more days at WDW, tsk tsk tsk such a shame. :cloud9:

WDWFanatic
09-05-2006, 04:44 PM
congrats! It's always nice to save more money and to spend more time in Florida is even better!

We're going in November, but already got a great rate ($135RT) so I don't think it will go down more, but it is nice to see the prices higher and what a great deal we got :D.

Have a great trip!

tinktude
09-05-2006, 05:12 PM
we are going Oct 31 and got a rate at $49 each way!!!

Yea Southwest!!!

mook3y
09-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Yeah, we thought we had a great rate before... but from Kansas City to Orlando $34 each way through ding today... ended up saving $220.

Beckybalz
09-05-2006, 06:49 PM
When you find a better rate, do you get your money back or do they issue you some sort of Southwest credit?

mook3y
09-06-2006, 08:47 AM
When you find a better rate, do you get your money back or do they issue you some sort of Southwest credit?
Depends on what kind of airfare you paid for on the initial reservation. Since my first fare was an Internet special and the one listed above was a DING special. I just get a credit that must be used within 1 year.

mudpuppysmom
09-06-2006, 10:35 AM
We're flying on Sept 28 and Oct 4.......our RT fare so far is $111.........I don't think it's going to go any lower than that!!!! IF it does (and there have been DING's for those days, just not our flight), I'lll snag it, but I'm happy now! :blush:

Only 21 more days!!!!!!!

missouridisney
09-06-2006, 11:21 AM
We leave out of St. Louis on Sept 30th, got 69.00 one way when we made our reservations, leaving out of St. Louis because my sister from Ill. is flying down with us and will ride back with her husband who is meeting us there, we are flying back on Oct. 7 and flying into KC
(neice picking us up doesn't like St. Louis and we live half way between the two so doesn't matter much) anyway we made our reservations earlier because was afraid they would go real high and it was 155.00 one way, last week they had a special and we saved 100.00 so now my sister and I have a 100.00 voucher to use in a year, another trip somewhere so sad.

KatGat
09-06-2006, 04:30 PM
I was SO wishing that the cheap Soutwest rate offered through mid-Nov. I'm just not seeing any cheap flights for that time. SW is at $221 pp. Not what I call cheap. I have a credit (from a previous internet flight that I didn't take) and need to use it.

WheresWalt
09-06-2006, 04:57 PM
We got great DING fares a while back for our Sept trip. $81 each for round trip including tax and everything. I don't think we could drive it for that!! I don't see how they fly it for that. I am not the biggest fan of SWA's service but I love the DING fares!!

mook3y
09-06-2006, 05:17 PM
I was SO wishing that the cheap Soutwest rate offered through mid-Nov. I'm just not seeing any cheap flights for that time. SW is at $221 pp. Not what I call cheap. I have a credit (from a previous internet flight that I didn't take) and need to use it.
Hiya KatGat,

From what I have been seeing over the last year. The best deals tend to be just after the first of the month, for the month you are looking to travel. So don't give up hope yet!

Are you familiar with DING? it is a software download from Southwest that they use to send out daily, sometimes 2x a day specials that are only good for a few hours.

mudpuppysmom
09-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Deals on SW DO happen.....you just have to be in the right place at the right time and the stars all have to be aligned a certain way and the moon must be full........well, maybe not to that extent, but they do happen!!! This past January, I flew DS and I down and back for $180 and that was everything! YES, I SAID BOTH OF US ROUND TRIP!!!!......so that is $90 each!!! I don't understand how they can do it either, but they do!!!! :blush:

KMorris1972
09-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Wow those are some great rates. I hope when we fly out of KC in March we are able to get a great rate such as $34 one way. I am actually looking to buy our tickets in October or November if they extend the purchase dates by then.

It's great that everyone is able to find some great rates for their flights and spend more time and money in WDW.

Dicecatt262
09-07-2006, 12:54 PM
We leave out of St. Louis on Sept 30th, got 69.00 one way when we made our reservations, leaving out of St. Louis because my sister from Ill. is flying down with us and will ride back with her husband who is meeting us there, we are flying back on Oct. 7 and flying into KC
(neice picking us up doesn't like St. Louis and we live half way between the two so doesn't matter much) anyway we made our reservations earlier because was afraid they would go real high and it was 155.00 one way, last week they had a special and we saved 100.00 so now my sister and I have a 100.00 voucher to use in a year, another trip somewhere so sad.

We are also flying out of St. Louis, but we live here! We also got $69 each way, all of our tickets for $785 which I thought was a great deal.

KatGat
09-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Hi Mook3y,
Thanks for the heads up to look for them after the first of the month! I do have ding and I've seen some great fares, just none from my city for the dates that I'm traveling. Maybe Oct. will bring deep Nov. savings... You never know what's going to happen as the holidays approach. I'm going to stay on top of it.... ;)

Queen Stephanie
06-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Hey, ok just call me a rookie, but I need help finding a great airfare deal...got any suggestions? What is DING? Thanks for your help! Can't wait to go to Disney soon! :mickey:

faline
06-28-2007, 06:05 AM
What is DING?

Ding is a software program. It's available on the Southwest website. You download it to your computer. Occasionally, Southwest will offer "Ding" specials. Once the software is downloaded and set up on your computer, you will occasionally hear a "Ding" sound and a popup will appear announcing a special. When you click on the popup window, you'll be brought to the Southwest site where you'll see a list of the specials being offered.

Queen Stephanie
06-29-2007, 12:33 AM
Thanks Faline...you are a great source of information. I will check this out. Wish me luck! The Queen:cloud9:

mook3y
06-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Thanks Faline...you are a great source of information. I will check this out. Wish me luck! The Queen:cloud9:

Good Luck!

Also, Not sure if Midwest Airlines is out of your local airport or not. But, their prices have been equal to Southwest recently. Plus, they are a little nicer (assigned seats, you can purchase a meal if you would like one and fresh chocolate chip cookies on some flights! ) :thumbsup: