PDA

View Full Version : Hit bump in the road had to cancel October trip might have to cancel December!

MickeyDreamer
08-07-2006, 06:24 PM
I want all you folks to know how great I think this board is I read it everyday even though I do not post as often as I once did.

This past week I was diagnosed with lymphoma cancer I have a large tumor in my pelvic area. I have gone thru my first treatment of chemo this past week. I am just starting to feel a little better from this treatment. Due to the schedule of treatments that will most likely go into October. I had to cancel that trip and if my strength and energy does not return in time I most likely will have to cancel my December trip also.

I am so sad Disney is one of the things I look so forward too each vacation! :ill:

I did get a little laugh last night while laying here in bed watching tv they showed the epidsodes of Roseanne where they take the family to WDW. The show was everything we sometimes talk about here. When it comes to certain types of people very funny. :)

MsMin
08-07-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your cancer. Sending :pixie: and an :angel: to watch over you. I will be pulling for you to make your Dec. Trip. Keep that positive outlook it helps so much to "believe". :pixie:

Tick-Tock
08-07-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm so sorry. Best wishes to you as you undergo treatment! :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Jeri
08-07-2006, 06:34 PM
So sorry tou had to cancel your trip. Hopefully you will feel up to it in Dec.
Maybe that can be your goal.
No matter what keep your chin up and take care of yourself.
Here is some :pixie: for you to feel better, and keep thinking positive, happy disney thoughts.

RedSoxFan
08-07-2006, 06:39 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you as you fight this awful disease.

Christine
08-07-2006, 06:41 PM
I am so sorry to hear this! I hope you have a very speedy recovery and treat yourself to a magical vacation ASAP to reward yourself for all you have so bravely endured!

Tons of Texas :pixie: headed your way!!!

Melanie
08-07-2006, 06:46 PM
:pixie: for your treatment and hope you are feeling better soon!

MauiMouse
08-07-2006, 06:48 PM
More pixie dust to get you through the treatments. :pixie: Take care.

TooGoofy
08-07-2006, 07:14 PM
Fresh Maine Pixie Dust for you! :pixie:
(And we're in the same state, so it should get there fast!)
I hope you will still be able to make your Decemer trip, but remember Disney World will always be there for you. :mickey: Take care of yourself!

BTW: Where in Maine are you?

DVC2004
08-07-2006, 07:20 PM
I am so sorry! More pixie dust and prayers to get you through this difficult time.

crazypoohbear
08-07-2006, 07:32 PM
I am so sorry you were given this diagnosis :(
Much :magic: :pixie: to help you through Chemo.

I'll pray for you to make your December trip. It is something for you to look forward to at the end of chemo!
I saw the Roseanne shows last night. They cracked me up :D

SBETigg
08-07-2006, 07:54 PM
When you need a Disney fix, we're here for you. Hang in there and you will get back to WDW soon. I'll be thinking magical thoughts for you. :pixie:

daparish
08-07-2006, 08:18 PM
I am so sorry. Lots of prayers coming your way for a speedy recovery and lots of :pixie: for a great trip in December.

Tink&Goofy
08-07-2006, 08:19 PM
So sorry to hear of your diagnosis. Loads of pixie dust :pixie: and prayers coming your way. Just remember, a positive attitude is a huge leg up in fighting this, and dealing with the affects of the treatments. Hope you can still make your December trip!

We are all here if you need someone to talk to.... or just to listen. Take care. :grouphug:

DisneyNaut
08-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Extra :pixie: and prayers coming your way!! Stay strong and keep that positive attitude!! Disney will be waiting for you! :mickey: :hug:

Beast_fanatic
08-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Lots of :pixie: on the way!

PirateLover
08-07-2006, 09:26 PM
:pixie: you will get to WDW in due time, right now it is time to take care of yourself. We are all here for you :grouphug:

Dsnygirl
08-08-2006, 12:54 AM
:wishes: :pixie: :angel:

Best wishes, pixie dust and prayers being sent your way... I hope you feel better soon, and are able to continue to plan your December trip. Having something out there to really look forward to has got to be good medicine!! We're all pulling for you!!

amyn2610
08-08-2006, 01:00 AM
You have my deepest sympathies at being diagnosed with this most dreadful disease. Will you have to undergo surgery as well or so far just chemo/radiation?

Many :angel: , :hug: , and :pixie: coming from Ohio!!

Double :hug: for having to cancel your trip. That really stinks when you're looking forward to it. I would love to go more frequently but simply cannot-so I heed the words someone said in a previous post-Disney will be there, waiting for me.

Please keep us posted on your treatments!

mrsgaribaldi
08-08-2006, 02:43 AM
So sorry. Lots of :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: on the way to you.

vizsla
08-08-2006, 05:38 AM
:pixie: on the way to help you through your treatments and get better real soon.

lovewalt
08-08-2006, 07:33 AM
More local Pixie Dust and Positive Thoughts headed your way. :pixie:

Tinkerfreak
08-08-2006, 08:27 AM
More Maine Pixie Dust for you I hope you are feeling better soon. :pixie:

disneydrmr
08-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Ohio :pixie: :pixie: on it's way to you as you fight this cancer. Prayers on their way up also!

DisneyWhirled
08-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Our prayers are with you. Sending lots of local pixie dust for you to feel better really soon!

:grouphug:

TheDuckRocks
08-08-2006, 09:50 AM
MAny prayers and tons of :pixie: for a quick recovery.

offwego
08-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Prayers and pixie dust that you'll be better sooner than you think.

I'm so sorry you had to postpone your trip.

:pixie: :pixie:

ChipnDaleGal
08-08-2006, 10:54 AM
I am so very sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I had a bout with the cancer critters myself, so I know how scary and overwhelming it is at first, trying to understand what is happening and all that is being done to your body. Sending you loads of :pixie: and well wishes. I know you are disappointed about your Disney trip, but believe me, it will be even sweeter than before when you do get back to it. I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but you can do it!! :hug:

ChipDale
08-08-2006, 11:54 AM
:pixie: More pixie dust and good thoughts headed your way. Keep positive - you can beat it! :thumbsup:

Mousefever
08-08-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that you're having to deal with cancer. I pray for the very best for you and hope that you will feel better in time for your December trip. :hug:

:dory:

AFDisneyFam
08-08-2006, 01:39 PM
You are in our thoughts and prayers. I cannot imagine the stress and strain you are going through right now. Please know that your Intercot family is here for you. I can see that lots of pixie dust has already come your way, but in my experience you cannot have too much. So here is some more! :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

I'm sorry about the postponment of your trip(s). Know that Disney will be ready for you when you are ready for it. Take care and we'll see you on the boards...

ElenitaB
08-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Sorry that you've joined the ranks of those of us fighting the :thedolls: Much :pixie: to you (mine glows in the dark as I had treatment last week)!

One of my great joys and diversions during treatment is music, and Illuminations and Wishes definitely top my play list.

We had to cancel our trip last year because of my ever changing treatment schedule and hospitalizations. This only contributed to our trip in May being that much sweeter and I'm sure you will now understand why our rescheduled trip this November will be so special to me and my DS.

We fight a powerful opponent but ample doses of :pixie:, positive thought, :angel:, great :doctor: and :nurse:, support (I totally recommend you find a support group be it through The Wellness Community or CancerCare — both of which have face-to-face groups and virtual online groups), and dreams of Disney will help get you through.

God bless!

princessgirls
08-08-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm so sorry for you and your diagnosis.

May God bless you and give you the strength that you need to fight this disease.

Know that people care.

Disney will always be there when you are feeling better.

My prayers are with you.

Julie :mickey:

luvdash
08-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Prayers are with you. Hope you are feeling better soon!!

MickeyDreamer
08-08-2006, 08:39 PM
You folks are a great group thanks for all yours wishes!!
:)

MickeyDreamer
09-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Hi all since you where all so supportive I wanted to update you on whats happening. We did have to also cancel our December trip because of the treament schedule. Now for the good news we scheduled a new trip today for March really looking forward to that one it will be a long time with no WDW and on an even better note. I had a new CT scan last week and the Dr let me know today that I have had significant shrinkage in my tumor and that he his very pleased with the way treatment is going. So great news in two places today to lift my spirits. Thanks all again for your support and wishes! :cloud9:

daparish
09-20-2006, 08:43 PM
What wonderful news. Here is tons of :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for continue good health.

conorsmom2000
09-20-2006, 09:11 PM
That's great news! Much pixie dust that all continues to go well and that you have a wonderful trip in March!! :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

KinDucky
09-20-2006, 09:24 PM
My prayers are with you
An angel :angel: to watch over your shoulder,
A bit of magic :magic: to make you feel better when the chemo makes you feel sick,
Some pixie dust :pixie: to cheer you up
And a big hug :grouphug: to let you know we are all there for you.
Take care :heart:

Mousemates
09-20-2006, 10:50 PM
I was so saddened to hear about your medical news...will pray for you and hope that a trip to disney works out in the not too distant future...on a bit of a side note I noticed that your in Maine...we made our first trip there earlier this summer and loved it...Its so beautiful...I suppose if I couldn't be in Florida for Disney, maine just might make a pretty nice consolation location. :wishes:

Beast_fanatic
09-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Glad to hear all your great news! :thumbsup:

Lots more :pixie: on the way for continued progress!

Christine
09-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Fantastic news about the shrinkage and the rescheduled trip! You're doing GREAT!

beccasmom815
09-21-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm so glad that you got a good report. :thumbsup: I know that you will be looking forward to March!!!! :minnie:

BrerSchultzy
09-21-2006, 12:13 PM
:donald: so glad to hear the good news :donald:

:pixie: but you can never have too much :pixie:

Have fun in March! :mickey:

amyn2610
09-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Very happy to hear your report of things improving. Prayers and pd for continuing shrinkage of that nasty :thedolls: !!

:hug: :angel: and :pixie: !!

The Bookseller
09-21-2006, 01:44 PM
The shinking of that mass ia a major good news! Here's some :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for a speedy and complete recovery.

princessgirls
09-22-2006, 05:46 PM
May you beat your cancer, and be fully recovered!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Disney will be there when you can do it!
God Bless.

Julie :mickey:

MickeyDreamer
09-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks all again for the kind words. I just love the people on this web site you are all so friendly!

MickeyDreamer
10-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Hi all I want to let you all know how well its going I had a new ct scan and the tumor is completly gone. The Dr has reduced my treatment schedule down to 6 from 8. So the really good news is that we where able to reschedule our trip in December for the 7 thru the 11th the room selection was not that good we could only get a room at CBR but thats ok I am so happy we can go. We where also able to get the ADR's at places and times we wanted which really surprised us because of everyone saying how hard it was for them to get the ADR's they wanted. We where also able to get new tickets for mvmcp for the 7th on our arival day. I am just thrilled thank you all for the pixie dust and prayers!!! :thumbsup:

DVC2004
10-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Congrats on the great health news, and being able to reschedule your trip! :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
10-05-2006, 08:49 PM
:thumbsup: So glad to hear your good news - that is AWESOME!! Many prayers headed your way that you will continue to feel better & better, and have the trip you've been dreaming of! :mickey:

daparish
10-05-2006, 10:00 PM
What great news!!!!!!!! Enjoy your trip. :mickey:

merlinmagic4
10-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Sending you lots and lots and lots of pixie dust for tolerable treatments and a speedy recovery :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: Please let us know how things go and I'll keep my fingers crossed for your December trip :fingers:

wdwgrl377
10-05-2006, 11:00 PM
what WONDERFUL news about the tumor!! I am so glad to hear the great news! I am so happy to know that you will be able to go to WDW in December! How exciting that is! :D

mtown71
10-05-2006, 11:48 PM
Glad to hear all your great news! :thumbsup:

Lots more :pixie: on the way for continued progress!

DITTO!!!!! I will keep you in my prayers!

DisneyWhirled
10-06-2006, 09:40 AM
How WONDERFUL!!!

Take care and enjoy your trip!!!

DizNee143
10-06-2006, 12:04 PM
yay!im so glad to hear such wonderful news!! you must be so happy! i hope everything continues to get better for you..and i hope you have the worlds greatest time in disney when you go in Dec!! you deserve it!!!!! :mickey:

Nascfan
10-06-2006, 12:45 PM
That's awesome news! Continuing the :pixie: and prayers for you.

AvaNellMouse
10-06-2006, 02:02 PM
:clappy: :high5: :joy: :yay: :woohoo:

That is wonderful news!!
See you at the parks in December!

MickeyDreamer
04-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Hello my intercot friends it has been a while since I updated you about this terrible disease.
Well all I can really tell you all now is that I have been thru several kinds of cancer treatments and none of them have worked for me. My Doctor is trying very hard by conferencing with doctors all over the conuntry to find something that will work for me but he keeps coming up empty handed. There are a couple of drugs he is trying to get for me that are called quality of life drugs but they have not been aproved for treatment with the type of lymphoma I have. The last I heard thou the insurance company was going to give in and let me have these two drugs he wants to give me. So that is a bit of a brite spot. The other brite spot is that I promised whatever happened I would get to WDW one more time with my significant other. Well that happens tomorrow we did a last minute trip leaving the 11th and coming back on the 20th. yipee yipee for us. We are so happy that we where able to do this. We plan on really taking our time to enjoy ourselfs while there this time. Most of the hotels where booked but we where able to get into the POP for our entire stay. We where also able to get ADR at the places we wanted to eat the most which really made us happy. This being a school week vacation. We thought we might have to stay off property and be stuck with table service but it came together good so we are happy for this. We will enjoy are selfs at our favorite place on earth!! We will have our lap top so look for a few short dinning reports along the way. :party: :mickey:

DisneyDudet
04-11-2007, 12:22 AM
First off, I am sorry about your diagnosis. I am sending plenty of :pixie: to you.

I am glad you are getting a trip to Disney. It will do wonders for your spirit and body.

Dsnygirl
04-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Sending as much :pixie: :pixie: as I can for your trip, and for some good news when you get back! I am glad you are getting a chance to take this trip - I am praying it will lift your spirits and help you get through whatever lies ahead - laughter and joy can be the best medicine sometimes!! Good luck!!

ElenitaB
04-11-2007, 02:13 AM
Sorry about the reappearance of the :thedolls:

I pray that your doctors identify a new cocktail that will erradicate the disease for once and for all!

In the meantime, I wish you a magical trip. I know that Disney trips do so much to lift my spirits. I'm sure a hug or two (or three) from Mickey will lift yours as well.

God bless!

mrsgaribaldi
04-11-2007, 03:16 AM
I'm so glad that you are able to go:mickey: I hope you both have a wonderful time. I can't wait to read your reports:thumbsup:

MsMin
04-11-2007, 09:45 AM
May your trip be magical and sending :angel: prayers and :pixie: for your continuing battle. Wishing you the best, have a great time.

faline
04-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Have a wonderful trip!

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: Lots of pixie dust for you as well.

murphy1
04-11-2007, 08:49 PM
I hope you have a truly magical trip!! I will say extra prayers for your treatment. I am going through a second round of thyroid testing and beat the :thedolls: last time. Don't ever give up, my uncle was on hospice for leukemia and he is in remission now.

Jeremy
04-11-2007, 09:48 PM
we will be praying for you, and here is some more pixie dust.
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

princessgirls
04-11-2007, 11:23 PM
My prayers are with you and your family. Your health is most important now and when you are back to feeling 100% Disney will be waiting for you.

May God grant you strength and healing as you fight.

Sincerely,
Julie

SpecJoe Magic
04-12-2007, 01:59 AM
That's terrific news about the rescheduled trip for March. I hope your treatments countinue to go well.