PDA

View Full Version : Kid's Pirate Cruise

BelleBeauty
05-11-2006, 10:07 AM
I've heard a few mentions of this on Intercot lately. I tried searching for it, but I wondered if someone could let me in on the secret. What is it? How much does it cost? Have your kids liked it?

Momof2boys
05-11-2006, 10:54 AM
We just signed our boys up for this again - our youngest didn't fall into the age limit so he's excited about his first time. Our other son can't wait to do it again . . . here's the info from Intercot :

Pirate Adventure:
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Children wear pirate bandanas and follow clues to search Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon for buried treasure. Two cast members, including a lifeguard, accompany the group. They will sail along the Resort Marinas to collect treasure. At the final port, children will have a light meal and split up the treasure.

Meal includes peanut butter and jelly sandwich, gummy bears, rice krispy treat & fruit punch drink box.

Children must be potty trained and ages 4-10.
Must cancel 24 hours in advance or pay full price.

Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday at 9:30.
This is a 2 hour adventure.
Reservations 90 days out.
Available to all guests. Space is limited.
Price: $28.17 per child
Reservations: Call 407-WDW-DINE

jans2kids
05-11-2006, 11:34 AM
When we were there in august 2005 there was also one that ran from the Yacht and Beach club. Pretty much the same theme and cost as the one from the Grand Floridian. For this one they actually took the kids into Epcot World Showcase before the 11:00am opening so the had to hunt for clues in Canada and Mexico pavillions. The food for both is PB&J sandwhich and they get a bag of treasure at the end.

Christine
05-11-2006, 12:36 PM
My daughter did this in January, and she loved it. I thought it was well worth the price, but it is not really long enough for you to go do something else, say in the parks. But you could go have a wonderful lunch and do some shopping in the Grand Floridian!!

I would recommend it to anyone.

c&d
05-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Our son did it 1 1/2 years ago and loved it. I asked him if he wanted to do it again when we go down in August and he said yes. He liked searching for everything, but his favorite part was the loot they got at the end of the cruise.

bigbabyblues
05-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Do the kids get the pirate/bandana ears on the YC/BC cruise like they do at the GF?

Grumpy's Daughter
05-13-2006, 07:48 AM
We signed our two boys up for it- we can tell you how it was after August! :mickey:

Disney Diamond
05-13-2006, 02:35 PM
We signed our two boys up for it- we can tell you how it was after August! :mickey:

Well, almost ditto! Our son & daughter will be doing the Pirate Cruise from the GF in August as well.:pirate:

They are very excited & have decided this is what they want to spend their own money on. Perfect...fewer souvenirs to drag back home!

simbagirl
05-14-2006, 02:02 PM
On the BC Cruise they do NOT get the cute bandana with the ears...they do get a pirate bandana...BUT NO EARS.

I prefer the BC cruise cuz Mom can buzz over to Epcot SO easily, but gotta tell you...I love them bandana mouse ears. I have the most tremendous pictures of DD in her mouse ear bandana.

bigbabyblues
05-14-2006, 10:36 PM
Thanks Simbagirl! My kids won't know the difference if they don't get the ears, but I want them to have them. Ok, that's dumb.

Is there any way that I can get some pictures of them doing this cruise? I know I can't go with them, didn't know if there were opportunities before or anything, just to get a few pics for the scrapbook.

Thanks!

simbagirl
05-15-2006, 03:26 PM
I got terrific pictures of DD7 (with the ears) just at the Dock - once they leave port - No pictures...but I took pictures of the boat as they were leaving, pictures of her with her treasure...lots of great pictures with the ears.

Love those ears.

But I got some cool pictures at BC. Just FYI, the ears are just plastic ones stapled to the bandana - it's not a great, lasting souveneir. Good enough for the day and some great photos...but not necessarily worth of suitcase space back.

When you make your reservations...see if they now have ears at the BC...it's just such an easy waly over to Epcot.

bigbabyblues
05-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Thank you soooooo much for answering me! I have asked that a few times on a few different boards, but the post always kinda fizzles out and no one posts to it after that!

I'm afraid for my DS5, the ears will be a wonderful treasure. He's one of those kids that saves EVERYTHING and we have to go around looking for all this little (junky) stuff.......he brought home a paper plate that his snack was served on at preschool a couple weeks ago because it had Mickey Mouse on it, and he had a fit when I was going to throw it away! That's another topic though.

Thanks for the info!

ledudes
07-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Do the kids go off without the parents? My daughter is interested, but she will be barely 4 and I'm not sure about sending her off with strangers. Can parents go along too?

KylesMom
07-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Do the kids go off without the parents? My daughter is interested, but she will be barely 4 and I'm not sure about sending her off with strangers. Can parents go along too?

Nope, just the kids are allowed on the cruises, which are well-chaperoned and well organized. You are given a pager in case of emergency, and are expected to be at the dock when the kids arrive back in port. DS has participated at both the GF (2x) and BC/YC at the ages of 6, 7 and 8 and found it to be good fun. It was nice for him to play with other kids for awhile. :mickey:

I think an outgoing 4-year old will be ok, but for the shy, it may be difficult for them to leave the parents at the dock. We've seen many children simply not want to go once they realized their parents were not coming with. I bring this up because the $30 is non-refundable.

For the parents with older kids . . . DS really was at the top of the age range last year at age 8, and decided this year he'd rather choose a morning at whatever park he wanted instead of participating in the cruise.

Minniemouse27
07-11-2007, 08:34 AM
We signed dd up for the cruise at POR during our December trip. It is a jester cruise as opposed to pirates, but that's okay.
We are staying at POR so it gives us time to relax a bit while she goes and has fun!
From the reports I've read, they get a jester's hat to keep.

Gotta Love Eeyore
07-11-2007, 02:46 PM
My kids went in 2005, DD was 4 at the time and DS was 6. They had a blast! My favorite part was hearing them all sing "Yo ho, Yo, ho..." as they headed back to the dock. At the time, the bandana had fabric ears and they got a small trasure chest full of loot to bring home. I highly recommend it!