PDA

View Full Version : I Got My Mickey Tattoo Today!!!

disneyfamilyforever
05-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Yes we just got back Monday and I could not wait to get it. I love it. It turned out really nice. Im so glad I got it. I think this will be my last one. I got it on my left leg above my ankle. Anyone else have one or want one?

Beckybalz
05-10-2006, 04:00 PM
I'd like to get a small Tinker Bell, but I'm not sure where to get it...someplace not too obvious, but not totally hidden either. My husband has Mickey Mouse holding a hockey stick on his thigh.

Pagan
05-10-2006, 04:01 PM
For my birthday this year I'm getting Mickey wearing a leather jacket and sunglasses and playing a bass guitar. I'm giving the artist a photo of one of my personal basses so that Cousin Mickey can play it. ;)

DizzKneeGeek
05-10-2006, 04:24 PM
we should all post pictures of our Disney related tattoos!! i've got a Pooh on my ankle that i will post a pic of later today. DW has a cool tinkerbell tattoo on her forearm that has a banner with our motto; 'No Regrets'. the tinkerbell goes from her wrist to her elbow. you can see it here (http://www.freakoutthemouse.com/images/tinktat.jpg) . the red in the tattoo is because she had just gotten the tattoo about 2 hours prior to the pic. when i post my Pooh; i'll post another 'healed' version of her tink.

:thedolls:

DJBear
05-10-2006, 04:53 PM
I have :pooh: He's my all time fav, but I would like to get :stitch: next. Who knows when I finally see The great :mickey2: I may change my mind. :mickey:

mickey&missy
05-10-2006, 10:06 PM
I'm thinking about very hard! I've been saying I 'm gonna get a tattoo and 2 of my friends want to go with me. Its just a matter of doing it!

I'm going back and forth between 2 very different things. Mickey, of course, and a celtic spiral. No matter which one it will go on the outside of my leg just above my ankle, Probably on my left leg.

Would it be possible for you to post picture link?? I'd love to see it!

Dsnygirl
05-11-2006, 01:05 AM
I've thought of getting a tatoo, but I'm not sure... my DH would definitely be against it - he does not think they're cool at all - but I think it'd be kind of neat to have something permanent from something you love! I'd thought of getting the Chinese symbol for "daughter", as I have 2 dear ones, but as far as one for Disney... I'm not sure I could choose!! Maybe the castle... that seems to symbolize the magic I love... if I ever decide to do it, I'm sure you all will hear about it!!

Dreamer14
05-11-2006, 01:07 AM
I'm considering getting the Mickey Mouse head silhouette on my right shoulder, the spot might change but I would love to get it

eLPack
05-11-2006, 01:44 AM
Ohh yay! Good topic.. I have :mickey: outlined on my upper right arm (above the elbow, below the shoulder right in the middle of that area) - its filled in with the colors of the rainbow -- there's a sticker I have that matches it.. link to image of sticker that is my tattoo (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/elpack/mickey.jpg)
I got it done on my 40th birthday to celebrate my attachment to Mickey..

Eeyore3138
05-11-2006, 09:01 AM
That's awesome! My sister and I have been talking about getting MIckey tattoos for about a year now. I want to get just his head maybe on my foot or somewhere not so visible. (I'm a teacher :secret: It's "frowned upon.") We definitely will some day but right now any extra funds are going towards a trip to Disney instead!

aprilisis
05-11-2006, 09:28 AM
I have 5 tattoos...one is Eeyore on my left shoulder. The rest are all animals. I have been thinking of getting Goofy somewhere, but I have not decided where to put him. Good topic!! :thumbsup:

Pumpkin22
05-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Mickey has always been my favorite:mickey2: ... but I just can't convince myself to tattoo him permanently on my body!

Did anyone else have this problem when going for your disney tatoo?

SurferStitch
05-11-2006, 11:15 AM
I keep telling DH that I want to get one of :stitch:, but he thinks I'm nuts.

I wouldn't want it on my ankle or arm, so I'm having a hard time trying to decide. Maybe just below the stomach on my left side. I wear a lot of the low-rise jeans, so that would work.

I found an awesome tattoo artist in New York that does perfect Stitch and Lilo tats.

If I chicken out and don't do it, I'm also considering a belly ring.

Momof2boys
05-11-2006, 11:38 AM
I have 3 tattoos but none are Disney related - I have a sun on my ankle, a star on my shoulder blade, and a crown on my foot.

PrincessCandaceMarie
05-11-2006, 02:47 PM
OMG those tattoos sound sooooo cool! And I got excited when I finally found a MM belly ring! Geez am I dorky or what? LOL

DizNee143
05-11-2006, 03:41 PM
i have 5 tattoos already..but none of them are disney related...yet...
but i have an appointment for May 26th to get another tattoo and it is gonna be a mickey head outline..im using the logo for the disney college program and thats what it is..its just looks like someone drew three circles..... im getting it put on my lower right of my back...i already have a tattoo of my name there and im gonna put it under that!!
yay...i cant wait!!..only 15 more days!!

DVC2004
05-12-2006, 09:00 AM
I have a large tribal rose on my left shoulder blade and I think I'm done. Disney tats are cool though. :thumbsup:

DREAMADREAM93
05-12-2006, 09:03 AM
My Dad has one because my name is Jordan and my sisters name is Micki. So he got a MickeyMouse with a Michael Jordan Jersey on. Its prettty sweeet. <3

<3jordi

allie_to_you
05-12-2006, 10:58 AM
I've thought about getting a small tattoo, but so far have been worried about it hurting and the money. Maybe I'll get a Disney one. That would be cool.

TIdoubleGR
05-12-2006, 07:02 PM
OMG those tattoos sound sooooo cool! And I got excited when I finally found a MM belly ring!

I'm with you! I've got my bellybutton ring (I'm getting a sorcerer's hat one!), but have considered getting a tattoo for a long time...maybe this will be the summer I go for it. Not sure if it'll be a Disney one or not...Maybe a simple Mickey head, but I'm leaning towards the outline of a dove with a crown of laurels (it has very special meaning for me :secret: ) As to where I'd get it, I'd go for my lower back, right side. :thumbsup:

amyn2610
05-14-2006, 01:24 AM
I have wanted to get a tattoo for a few years now.....but like another poster just never have. Mine is also non-Disney related-I have always wanted something to honor the memory of the baby I lost in September of 1994.

Some may think of that as tacky, but I actually came up with the idea one night after having a heart-to-heart chat at work with one of the midwives. She had said that her husband had bought her a Mother's Ring for Mother's Day that contained not only the two stones for her daughter's but also the stone for the month the baby was due.
:angel: :hug:

TIdoubleGR
05-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Some may think of that as tacky, but I actually came up with the idea one night after having a heart-to-heart chat at work with one of the midwives. She had said that her husband had bought her a Mother's Ring for Mother's Day that contained not only the two stones for her daughter's but also the stone for the month the baby was due.
:angel: :hug:

I think that sounds absolutely beautiful. :cloud9: What a fantastic way to remember.

Lily
05-14-2006, 08:30 PM
I just had Cinderella's castle with fireworks above it done on the back of my left shoulder. I really wish there was a way to post it. I just love it!

bellemom
05-15-2006, 10:39 AM
I have a Tigger, on a wonderful background that looks just like the watercolors used in the illustrations, and a non-Disney bright green day gecko.
I am considering another Disney, but I don't live near my artist any more (excellent one in CA) and the artists around here aren't that great, IMO. (not for something PERMANENTLY on my body...) But... how bad can one screw up a tri-circle classic Mickey head logo?

Dopey's Girl
05-16-2006, 12:58 PM
I just got the Kanji for Courage on my left foot on Thursday and I love it (I have 2 other non Disney tats too!) but the next one is going to be Disney related. WDW has played such a huge part in my life that I need one too. Now I just have to decide what to get!

JoyMouse
05-16-2006, 01:08 PM
Aww, that's awesome! I'm trying to convince my mom to go with me and get a mickey tatoo with me.. All I want are three tiny black circles, but she doesn't want to. I thought it would be a fun mother-daughter thing to do. =]

laward32
05-16-2006, 02:54 PM
I have been wanting a tattoo since I was 20,(and I am 32 now) but cannot build up the nerve. I know I would want Mickey :mjump: or the Castle, maybe tink :tink: , but it doesn't matter until I get up the nerve. Any advice on how to psyche myself up to do it. I live in Oklahoma and it just became legal last week. I know people have been doing it anyway, but now they will be monitored. I need advice. :help:

heatherstone30
05-16-2006, 04:56 PM
I've got two tattoos so far.. A scorpio holding a rose on my chest, not real big, kind of smaller.. And I've got Angel wings on my back,, also small..

I've been thinking about getting one if it's possible: I'd like to get Eeyore with a picture of my daughter sitting on his back,, with Roo sitting beside her.. I think that would be soo awesome.. I've been talking about getting a local artist to do it for me, so I can take it to a tattoo shop!! We'll see... :cloud9: Otherwise,, I'd like to get a picture of Ariel and my 4y dd pic together, as a tattoo...

blondeinbrandon
05-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Okay is it just me or does the thought of a Mickey tattoo bring a whole new meaning to "hidden Mickey". :blush:

TIdoubleGR
05-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Okay is it just me or does the thought of a Mickey tattoo bring a whole new meaning to "hidden Mickey". :blush:

:funny:

#1disneyfan
05-16-2006, 10:42 PM
I just got my first tattoo, and I fought with myself a lot over what to get. I originally wanted :mickey: but in the end I ended up with a small blue cornflower and a sort of spiral vine. It looks really nice, but I would still like :mickey: somewhere, just not sure where!

Lily
05-17-2006, 12:14 AM
Hi Liz. It's not as scarry as you may think. There is some discomfort, but it's certainly bearable. I'm 38 and I just got my first one this past December. The tattoo artist and I didn't talk the entire time so I think I really felt it more. It was the only thing going on so I focused on it. I got my second tatt just a couple of weeks ago. A woman did it and I had a friend along. We chatted the entire time and it really helped get the focus off of what was going on. (Although three chatty women caused it to take a bit longer!) It was a much more enjoyable experience the second time along.

I would recommend finding a picture you really like. Get some recommendations from friends or co-workers for a tattoo artist and JUST DO IT! Oh, and bring along a chatty friend! :cool:

FUN
05-21-2006, 10:42 AM
I Have A Mickey And My Wife Has A Mini Tatoo We Were Thinking Of Getting One More Tatoo But I Dont Know Hat I Want.

Tynkerbelle
05-23-2006, 11:17 AM
I love Disney so much, always have and always will, so I didn't think twice about getting my tattoo. I got my Tink tattoo about 15 years ago - she's on my right shoulder blade (I love just knowing that she's there!). After years of sun and tanning bed exposure, she needs a little TLC!!!
My friend and I went out for a little female bonding - she got Thumper on her ankle... Nobody believed me when I told them where we were going that day!
It's funny, my mom was so mad at me when I got my tattoo - my nana (grandma) took one look at it and told my mom to get over it "It's just Tinkerbell!!," she told her....
Anyway, I want another one on my ankle. Has anyone seen the "Tink Forever" pin (Tink on a heart with roses)? That's what I want. Perhaps a Mickey head and/or a Pooh & Piglet also someday....
I know what Eeyore3138 means about it being frowned upon in certain professions - I used to be a 3rd grade teacher, but now I'm a corporate trainer for a bank (talk about conservative)...
For anybody thinking of doing it - pick something that you love and go for it! It doesn't really hurt all that much!

Bethanymouse
05-24-2006, 02:14 AM
I am thinking of getting one that says intercot. I was going to use this as the idea to give the tattoo artist :rocks: ...what does everyone think?

tinkermickey
05-25-2006, 03:16 PM
Anyone have a teeny tiny tattoo on their toe(S)?? I thought about doing something Disney related on a toe but unsure. I also REALLY love the idea of Cinderella Castle. Thought I would do this on my back upper hip, and make it a little smaller so it's easily hidden.

Wolf
04-17-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm reviving this topic! I think me and mom are going to get disney tattoos, we both already have 2 each, but I gota question. For those of yall with them on your feet is it worse than back tattoos? I have a HP tattoo on my lower back and a pirate one on my hip. I've always thought I'd like a smaller disney tat on my foot near my ankle. Do you guys know any good reference sites for pictures?

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-17-2007, 09:58 PM
I have two, they are not Disney related but I have been thinking about it. :secret:

Both are on the inside of my lower ankles. My right ankle has Sean and Riley's names (My son's) with two blue hearts.
My left ankle has my daughter's name with a pink heart.

They are really low on my ankle and since they are on the inside they are not always seen by people. Nice for me if I am wearing a dress, etc.

I love all of the pics!!

Disneyluvr2
04-18-2007, 12:19 AM
I've always wanted a Mickey tattoo but I'm too chicken to get one. I work for a dentist and actually have a Mickey head (and face) on my tooth! It's was painted and fired onto a crown. I have a picture of it but I have no idea how to post it! Wish I did...it's really cool! It kinda looks like this guy minus the arms.:mjump:

allie_to_you
04-18-2007, 08:32 AM
Anyone know where to get some good Disney temporary tattoos? I love those cause they aren't painful and I can choose different ones based on my mood!

Momof2boys
04-18-2007, 01:08 PM
For those of yall with them on your feet is it worse than back tattoos?

Since I first posted in this thread in May I've gotten a Tink tattoo.

But to the question above - I have a crown on my left foot and I was surprised at how much it didn't hurt. My best friend got one on her foot at the same time and said the back is much worse.

GOOD LUCK !

conorsmom2000
04-19-2007, 11:39 AM
I got a disney tattoo in October!! :blush: :secret: It's "peace, love and mickey" with pixie dust around my ankle! Just a reminder that I have so many blessings in my life, all I really need is peace, love and a disney fix!

You can see it here..... (http://jmcmurray.smugmug.com/popular/1/101475798#101475798-L-LB) But, that picture is from when it was first done - now it's healed and the peace sign had to be fixed. But I'm glad I did it! :mickey:

To me, honestly, it didn't hurt. It felt like someone was scratching a sunburn. Not pleasant, but not painful. The foot is one of the most sensitive parts but I've known plenty who have done just fine with it.