PDA

View Full Version : Club Cool Details & Info.

Figment!
11-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Club Cool at Epcot officially opened today, 11-18-05. This was two days later than what had been internally annouced.

The entrance to the attraction is still from the outside. The entrance is still in the same place although the igloo is gone, so you enter directly into the building, no more ice tunnel. The entrance is a simple set of automatic glass doors there is a sign a few feet in front of the doors; make sure you look for the sign, it is pretty large, but you would otherwise not know where the entrance is.

The entrance takes you directly into the drink sampling area. The sample stations are set up in large cylindrical stations with the dispensers built into them evenly spaced around the surface. The cups are dispensed from dispensers built into the surface and are spaced in between the soda dispensers. The sample cups currently are nothing unique to the attraction they look like a standard paper cup with teal and purple swirl design. The overall décor of the new area, is not really very “dance club” like. The area is reasonably bright, but does blend well with the Innoventions/Future World theme. I would describe the area as contemporary with a 60’s twist. There are pylon-like tables for guests to mingle about while they are enjoying their samples (I think this is different from Ice Station Cool, but I could be mistaken).

All of the sample flavors from Ice Station Cool are still present for a total of 6 flavors. A new feature of the sample stations is that the machines are calibrated to fill the cup with a single push.

There is a large amount of Coca-Cola merchandise available for sale. Currently available are a variety of t-shirts, Coke bottle banks, “Coca-Cola” Santa merchandise, signs, backpacks and even more. The rumors of being able to purchase the international drinks though has been proven to be inaccurate, no such feature exists; however there are two new beverage related keepsakes that can be purchased at this new attraction. First there is the "Style-My-Coke” station. Guests can label their own coke bottles with the aid of a small machine. Guests purchase a coke bottle and select one of 8 wrap designs; the machine then coats the bottle with the wrap. The other and slightly more significant souvenir purchasing opportunity is a Build-a-Cup Frozen Coke station. This station employs the same cups at those used for the Goofy Glaciers at Goofy’s Candy Co. Guests pick a top and a base for their cup in the design of Goofy, Mickey, Minnie or Stich. Each design has it’s own unique top and base. Guests then have the option of filling the cup with either a classic frozen coke or frozen fanta blue raspberry.

The overall physical changes to the building don’t seem all that significant. The main difference is the demolition of the ice tunnel, which served as a cool segway from the hot Florida sun to the sample stations. The area does look new and fresh, the floor seems to be totally replaced. The interior décor while different, doesn’t seem all that drastic of a change and will most likely seem somewhat familiar to those who remember the previous set up from the previous tenant of the area.

Pigglet
11-19-2005, 12:32 AM
I have been waiting for that to re-open :mickey:
I'll be sure to check it out next week!! Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

vizsla
11-19-2005, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the update.

Munch
11-19-2005, 09:33 AM
Glad to hear it has reopened. I'll miss the ice tunnel. I've got a great pic of my nephew helping a CM shovel snow. It was just such a neat idea.

One thing you didn't address ... do they still have the Beverly?

Carol
11-19-2005, 09:40 AM
One thing you didn't address ... do they still have the Beverly?

Yes they do. :D

DizneyFreak2002
11-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Someone posted pictures elsewhere on the net.. It looks COOL.. LoL..

Crow
11-19-2005, 08:31 PM
yeah Beverly :number1:
hope that i get to see it someday. missed it last month

Sweezy
11-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Why did they even bother lol...I loved the Ice tunnel it was so nice on a hot day. Oh well, I still look forward to seeing it in December...

joelkfla
11-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Maybe another $$$-saving measure. They seem to have cut back on air-conditioning; attractions are a lot warmer inside than they used to be.

The snow machine rarely worked lately, anyway.

scoot241
11-20-2005, 11:38 PM
The sample stations are set up in large cynical stations with the dispensers built into them evenly spaced around the surface.

So these stations dispense a healthy dose of sarcasm along with your drink? Must be another people personality prototype. :thedolls:

skisurf2
11-21-2005, 06:34 AM
Well once again, let down by Disney. Another great idea (Ice Tunnel) killed by the almighty business man.

tinkerbellybutton
11-21-2005, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the info! We're going to check it out on our upcoming trip. I will miss the tunnel though :( Hate to see it gone.

offwego
11-21-2005, 11:49 AM
I walked through it on the 18th and it was nice and bright as mentioned (but no tunnel)

frankly paying 8.50 for a cup that I put feet and a head on seems awfully extreme to me but perhaps not to others.

The beverly was still there but they didn't have one of the flavours (mozombique I think) in any of the dispensers that day.

It does fill your cup which seems a waste if you don't want the whole thing but is likely to create less mess in the long run.

Figment!
11-21-2005, 03:16 PM
A few other details:

The Build-a-Cup is $8.00
A frozen Coke or frozen Fanta Blue Rasberry in a normal cup is $4.00
The "Style-My-Coke" is $2.50
Regular bottled Coke products are $2.00

wdw2005
11-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Does anyone know if you bought a Build-a-cup at Goofy's Candy Co. if you can refill it at Ice Station Cool or the other way around? We plan to get it on our first day to DTD and was wondering if we can bring it to Epcot to use also. TIA!

Figment!
11-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Does anyone know if you bought a Build-a-cup at Goofy's Candy Co. if you can refill it at Ice Station Cool or the other way around? We plan to get it on our first day to DTD and was wondering if we can bring it to Epcot to use also. TIA!

At best, I would imagine they would let you refill it for $4.00.

Goofy's Candy Co. charges $2 for re-fills, but Club Cool doesn't advertise a similar policy so they may simply charge you the price for a standard cup.

Terra
11-24-2005, 09:40 AM
It does fill your cup which seems a waste if you don't want the whole thing but is likely to create less mess in the long run.

I just went to EPCOT yesterday for a few hours to do some early Christmas shopping and was excited to see it open again :)

I noticed that it does fill the cup up for you as well, however I just pulled mine out before it finished because I too don't want a full cup of some of that stuff [hint hint...BEVERLY :ack: ]

The place is nice though. Sleek and contemporary with current music playing. I don't remember the tables though. It also seems more open and less "cluttered" now, making it a bit easier to handle crowds. All in all I liked it, but of course missed the tunnel abit :secret:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE :turkey: :pilgram: