Soarn'
Living with the Land
The Circle of Life
Behind the Seeds Greenhouse Tour
Garden Grill: Character Dinning Experience
Sunshine Seasons Restaurant
Jr. Chef - "Cookie Baking Fun"
Pictures:

Entrance Sign (http://talesfromlp.com/lp/lotion/pics/SS20050415-WDWTheLand%5CP01-003.JPG)

The new balloons (http://talesfromlp.com/lp/lotion/pics/SS20050415-WDWTheLand%5Cbig%5CP01-004.JPG)

The new balloons 2 (http://talesfromlp.com/lp/lotion/pics/SS20050415-WDWTheLand%5CP01-005.JPG)

The new food court area (http://talesfromlp.com/lp/lotion/pics/SS20050415-WDWTheLand%5CP02-003.JPG) (notice the new seats)

New food court signage (http://talesfromlp.com/lp/lotion/pics/SS20050415-WDWTheLand%5CP02-004.JPG)

The refurbished Garden Grill (http://talesfromlp.com/lp/lotion/pics/SS20050415-WDWTheLand%5CP03-001.JPG)

Chip and Dales Harvest Feast @ The Garden Grill Menu (http://talesfromlp.com/lp/lotion/pics/SS20050415-WDWTheLand%5Cbig%5CP03-002.JPG)

SoarN' Sign (http://talesfromlp.com/lp/lotion/pics/SS20050415-WDWTheLand%5CP04-001.JPG)

SoarN' Check in Desk (http://talesfromlp.com/lp/lotion/pics/SS20050415-WDWTheLand%5CP04-003.JPG)

SoarN' Queue Entrance (http://talesfromlp.com/lp/lotion/pics/SS20050415-WDWTheLand%5CP04-004.JPG)

Behind the Seeds Tour Sign (http://talesfromlp.com/lp/lotion/pics/SS20050415-WDWTheLand%5CP04-002.JPG)

There is no shop in the Land pavilion anymore. According to some low level merchandising management, MouseGear will house all SoarN' merchandise.

Walt Disney World Press Release:

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Hungry Walt Disney World guests at the new Soarin' attraction have a brand-new venue for dining in The Land pavilion at Epcot. Sunshine Seasons, in the giant atrium of the pavilion, has a new look and a new "fast casual" menu.

Four shops offer a diverse selection of fresh eats, explained Chef Michael LaDuke, executive chef for Epcot. "We're taking fast-casual cuisine to the next level," he said. "There is no fried food or pizza, no burgers -- everything is prepared as you watch. It's designed to excite the senses."

The décor has been re-imagined, with -- fittingly for The Land -- colors and textures inspired by nature and Earth's natural environments. The center of the space is an abstract representation of sky with blue background and long golden sweeps of sunshine. Five balloons are suspended in the atrium, four to represent the four seasons, the fifth balloon in the center representing Earth. Large green abstract tree trunks reach up the building's columns.

Wood-Fired Grill Shop

Wood-fired grills and rotisseries are center stage with fresh vegetables inspired by autumn. Hearty, earthy flavors include rotisserie chicken on wild green tabbouleh with tzatziki (cucumber-yogurt sauce) and grilled flatbread; rotisserie beef chimichurri with wild green tabbouleh and grilled flatbread, and wood-grilled Atlantic salmon with mashed potatoes and kalamata olive pesto.

Sandwich Shop

Made-to-order sandwiches are served on artisan breads inspired by baking traditions of the winter months. Sandwich choices include grilled vegetable Cuban, Black Forest ham and salami grinder with arugula on ciabatta, and smoked turkey and Munster on Asiago foccacia with spring greens.

Asian Shop

Wrapped around a 6-foot-long Mongolian barbecue and wok station, this area serves noodle bowls and stir-fries inspired by crisp, spicy flavors of summertime. Dishes are light, healthy and flavorful, like spicy Mongolian stir-fry beef with Asian vegetables; tofu noodle bowl with lime ginger broth, and a garlic-chile noodle bowl with chicken.

Soup/Salad Shop

Inspired by the abundance of growth and the celebration of the spring, fresh salads are prepared on stage. Distinct flavor combinations include seared tuna on mixed greens with sesame rice-wine vinaigrette; roasted beet and goat cheese salad with cilantro-lime vinaigrette, and grilled chicken and rocket salad with pumpkin seed vinaigrette.

"You will smell the grill and the wood, see the vibrant salads and fresh pastries, hear the sizzle of the wok -- the senses are all engaged," said LaDuke.

Pictures from Laughingplace.com

KathyMO
04-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the pictures! We were really wanting to eat at the Garden Grill in May. Looking at the pictures I can't see why they couldn't have it open by then. Why would it take till July to finish the work?

Kathy

mrsgaribaldi
04-16-2005, 01:34 AM
Great pictures. I can't wait to be there!!! graemlins/muscles.gif

Ian
04-16-2005, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by KathyMO:
Thanks for the pictures! We were really wanting to eat at the Garden Grill in May. Looking at the pictures I can't see why they couldn't have it open by then. Why would it take till July to finish the work?

Kathy Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the whole thing is supposed to be opened by May 5th when the DL 50th celebration starts.

Can I, for one, just say how HAPPY I am with this rehab!!! They managed to refresh everything and make it look brand new, while still keeping that original Epcot feel.

I'm THRILLED with the job Imagineering did on this pavilion ... I'd love to see them do the same thing with some of the others. Although if they changed the menu at Garden Grill too much I'm going to be :mad:

Jeff
04-16-2005, 07:38 AM
Thanks Jason. The remodel looks great.

Katzateer
04-16-2005, 07:44 AM
Thanks for sharing those pictures-they were great. Looking forward to our first visit.

imported_PolyGirl40
04-16-2005, 08:00 AM
The Garden Grill will not be open in May. I tried getting a PS for my trip next month and was told it would open mid Summer.

goofy for pluto
04-16-2005, 08:31 AM
I agree about the food at the Garden Grill. The menu was one of our favorites in all of Epcot. smile.gif
I hope that the menu has only added some things and not changed completely.
The pavillion looks great! graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Thanks for the pictures Jason! graemlins/notworthy.gif

TiggerRPh
04-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Thanks Jason. The rehab looks great. Add me to the list of :mad: people if they changed the Garden Grill menu.

hope2survive
04-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the photos! I'm so glad they kept the balloons even if they are different. I love the various carpeting in the food court seating area to look like different kinds of ground covering.

TwoTinyWings
04-16-2005, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the photos! I'm feeling both relieved and excited - I didn't know quite what to expect when the rehab was announced, but am very impressed. Can I tell you how glad I am to see the balloons? I was extremely grumpy when I read that they were being taken down, but SO glad to see them up again with new "seasonal" looks.

The Land facelift and the addition of Soarin' will be a great boost to this often overlooked pavilion.

pdrlkr
04-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the great pics Jason! graemlins/thumbsup.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

gonk12
04-16-2005, 01:27 PM
The rehab looks superb! Can't wait to see it! Thanks Jason! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[ April 16, 2005, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: gonk12 ]

Figment!
04-16-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by WDWacky:
Although if they changed the menu at Garden Grill too much I'm going to be :mad: Well the menu before the rehab was:

from info central

Grilled Flank Steak
Rotisserie Meats
Country Fried Catfish

Served with:
Whole Grain Bread
Seasonal Vegetables
Chef’s Potatoes
Cornbread Stuffing
Garden Salad w/ Ranch Dressing
…..includes non-alcoholic Beverage and Dessert

Beer, Wine and Cappuccino
(Available at an additional charge)

Vegetarian Entree
Roasted Vegetable Stew
Oven Roasted Seasonal Garden Vegetables
Tossed with zesty marinara sauce
And served with fresh herb
Grilled Polenta
Topped with smoked Portobello mushrooms
And fried onions

For the Children
Fried chicken strips with steak fries
And macaroni & cheese
Served with a special dessert

Lunch
Noon - 3:30 p.m.
Guests 12 and up- $20.99
Guests 3-11 - $10.99

Dinner
5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Guests 12 and up- $22.99
Guests 3-11 - $10.99
It looks like after the re-hab:

from the picture

Family Style:
Roasted Meats-Fresh Seafood-Vegetarian Selections

Fresh Baked Breads

Spring Mix Salad

Family Desert

For our guests 9 and under:

Chicken Strips-Macaroni and Cheese-Roasted Meats

Served with Mashed Potatoes or Steak Fires

Dinner
Guests 10 and Up- $21.99
Guests 9 and Under - $10.99
Although the new menu is listed as more general, this is just the one on the outside of the restaurant. It sounds preety similar to me, if not the same...the main I difference I noticed, is that the sign explicitly states just "Dinner" no lunch....

[ April 16, 2005, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Figment! ]

Noah's Helper
04-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Our kids will be glad the cookie baking activity is still there. (Although I don't understand why they get so excited about something they can just as well do at home.)

I'm glad to see the balloons too.

AndrewJackson
04-16-2005, 10:04 PM
The entire rehab looks awesome. Thanks for posting the pictures. From the pictures, the entire pavilion looks to be brighter. The new balloons look great as well.

imported_Melanears
04-17-2005, 12:35 AM
I think it looks great. I'm very pleased with the bright colors, which do seem to lighten up the whole pavilion.

I love how the balloons each represent a season, with the large one being the globe. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

joelkfla
04-18-2005, 12:13 AM
But I like pizza! I say, "Bring pizza back to Epcot!" :D

The passholder preview of Soarin' today was entering through The Land pavillion, though nothing else in The Land was open. The refurbed Land is indeed very attractive. The Soarin' queue is particularly nice, being bi-level with a wave theme throughout. There are 4 parts to the queue, and in the 2nd area geographical factoids and quizzes are projected on the wall, which helps to pass the time nicely.

I tried to find out from cm's when the pavillion would soft-open, and got at least 4 different stories. They were training on the Living With the Land boat ride, so it may be opening pretty soon.

Ghost1000
04-18-2005, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by KathyMO:
We were really wanting to eat at the Garden Grill in May. Looking at the pictures I can't see why they couldn't have it open by then. Why would it take till July to finish the work?
Originally posted by WDWacky:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the whole thing is supposed to be opened by May 5th when the DL 50th celebration starts.
Originally posted by PolyGirl40:
The Garden Grill will not be open in May. I tried getting a PS for my trip next month and was told it would open mid Summer.
Originally posted by joelkfla:
I tried to find out from cm's when the pavillion would soft-open, and got at least 4 different stories. They were training on the Living With the Land boat ride, so it may be opening pretty soon. I had previously heard and posted in another thread that the Land Grill -- now named Chip and Dale's Harvest Feast Garden Grill -- would not be opening until June 26th.

My most recent inquiry has revealed Monday, April 25th as the re-opening date. I think it's a safe bet to assume this will also include the "soft opening" of the entire pavilion. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

It would be worth calling Disney Dining as the difference in time between June 26th and April 25th is quite a jump.

[ April 18, 2005, 03:14 AM: Message edited by: Ghost1000 ]

valjane
04-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Looks great! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I do have a question though: the little gift shop wasn't listed in the official pavilion attractions. Does this mean it's gone for good? I used to love browsing in there, though I don't really know why! graemlins/crazy.gif

KylesMom
04-18-2005, 11:42 AM
I just spoke with Disney Dining awhile ago to check on later hours opening up for some priority seating reservations we had made last month.

On a whim, I also had them check the availability of reservations for The Garden Grill and was told that now it has a "To Be Determined" date - it is no longer July. So I don't know if this means the opening will be moved up, or back!

We were really bummed to find out this supposedly is not going to be open in mid June, but you never know! I'll just keep trying the next few weeks & see. graemlins/mickey.gif

WEDTOPIA
04-18-2005, 01:00 PM
I was there Sunday for the pass-holder preview and I have to say ,even those pictures don't do it justice. The whole thing is extremely modern and well done. The colors in the carpeting and tables are dazzling. Sleek is the word I'd use. I was relieved to see new balloons ,I thought they were gone for good.

Soarin' was simply amazing. That ride is going to be POPULAR. The queue line is the longest in WDW , without a doubt. The food court is nice and roomy ,with the fountain gone and outward expansion of the seating area .All the signage around the pavilion is excellent.

It looks ready to go. No problem with a May 5th deadline. Disney did a boffo job on this. The future is back !

graemlins/mickey.gif

disneyboy98
04-18-2005, 11:56 PM
Thanks for sharing the pics with us. I can't imagine the que line for this attraction as it has to stretch from the entrance all the way to almost the Canadian Pavillion. Definitely going to be a big wait for that one.

Can't wait till July!! graemlins/clappy.gif

wedenterprises
04-19-2005, 05:04 PM
where are the fastpass kiosks? are they inside the land building? that seems like it might be a pain to have to go all the way into the building?? i say once you've ridden the thing once then do single riders!! ya! especially on M:S!!!! woohoo!!!

2 1/2 more weeks!!!!

2tinkerbellsmom
04-19-2005, 05:13 PM
o.k We are arriving a week from Sat. and I am CONFUSED!! Will EVERYTHING BUT the Garden Grill be OPEN or is the WHOLE LAND pavillion BEHIND SCHEDULE???? I mean is it possible they will open everything else and still have the GG closed? we have never done the boat ride or anything else basically (but the Timon and Pumba movie which I didn't like) so I was really hoping to get to see all of this this trip!! Thanks

Figment!
04-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by wedenterprises:
where are the fastpass kiosks? They are in the building in the vicinity of the attraction.

Originally posted by 2tinkerbellsmom:
o.k We are arriving a week from Sat. and I am CONFUSED!! Will EVERYTHING BUT the Garden Grill be OPEN or is the WHOLE LAND pavilion BEHIND SCHEDULE???? The Land pavilion is still scheduled to re-open May 1st. There are some rumors it may re-open as soon as April 21st.

When the Land pavilion does re-open it is expected that the Garden Grill will not be open at that time. The latest word from Reservations is that the Garden Grill's opening date is "to-be-determined".

[ April 19, 2005, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Figment! ]

rt207
04-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Those pics are great! I'm not thrilled with the new age change for an "adult" price at the Garden Grill. My DD doesn't eat enough to justify a kid's price buffet let alone an adult price. I'll have to really think about whether it'll be worth it to us for now. Maybe we wait until next year when she's older....

Figment!
04-20-2005, 01:19 PM
*Status Update*

The pavilion is now under a "soft" opening to all guests and both SoarN' and Living with the Land are operating on a regular schedule. Circle of Life theater is expected to open with in the next few days. Neither Sunshine Seasons or Garden Grill are operating. Sunshine Seasons is expected to open when the pavilion officially opens May 1st. Garden Grill is still "to be decided".

Figment!
04-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by valjane:
I do have a question though: the little gift shop wasn't listed in the official pavilion attractions. Does this mean it's gone for good? From recent reports, there is no shop even in the Land pavilion anymore. Many were expecting atleast a gift shop for SoarN', but as of the AP previews there was nothing reported to even seem like a gift shop underconstruction. According to some low level merchandising management, MouseGear will house all SoarN' merchandise.

valjane
04-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Figment!:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by valjane:
I do have a question though: the little gift shop wasn't listed in the official pavilion attractions. Does this mean it's gone for good? From recent reports, there is no shop even in the Land pavilion anymore. Many were expecting atleast a gift shop for SoarN', but as of the AP previews there was nothing reported to even seem like a gift shop underconstruction. According to some low level merchandising management, MouseGear will house all SoarN' merchandise. </font>[/QUOTE]Hmph. :(

Thanks for the answer though!

FigmentFanatic
04-20-2005, 01:47 PM
*Status Update*

The pavilion is now under a "soft" opening to all guests and both SoarN' and Living with the Land are operating on a regular schedule. Circle of Life theater is expected to open with in the next few days. Neither Sunshine Seasons or Garden Grill are operating. Sunshine Seasons is expected to open when the pavilion officially opens May 1st. Garden Grill is still "to be decided". GREAT NEWS!!!!! I was a little disappointed to hear The Land wouldn't be open until the day AFTER we leave WDW this trip. We love that pavilion, can't wait to see the changes in person for ourselves smile.gif

Figment!
04-20-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by FigmentFanatic:
GREAT NEWS!!!!! I was a little disappointed to hear The Land wouldn't be open until the day AFTER we leave WDW this trip. We love that pavilion, can't wait to see the changes in person for ourselves smile.gif This is just a preview mind you, the *official* opening date is still May 1st. So it is not definite The Land will stay open till May 1st, they could hypothetically close it tomorrow.

Historically speaking though, once a soft opening has started regularly this close to a grand opening it stays open.

So while not definite,it is very, very, likely it will be open from now till May 1st.

Sorry if this is a slight buzzkill, but I figure better now then down there. ;)

[ April 20, 2005, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: Figment! ]

Honey_BDynamo
04-20-2005, 02:40 PM
This is just a preview mind you, the *official* opening date is still May 1st. So it is not definite The Land will stay open till May 1st, they could hypothetically close it tomorrow.

Historically speaking though, once a soft opening has started regularly this close to a grand opening it stays open.

So while not definite,it is very, very, likely it will be open from now till May 1st.

Sorry if this is a slight buzzkill, but I figure better now then down there. ;) Buzzkill, maybe, but I prefer to be prepared.

I'm banking on the "Historically speaking though, once a soft opening has started regularly this close to a grand opening it stays open." part ...

DH and I are there May 2-7, so getting everything in on the last 3 days would be a nightmare ... but one that I'm willing to do!

Yay, 11 days graemlins/clappy.gif

Timbo
04-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Thank you SO VERY MUCH for the update and especially the pictures! graemlins/notworthy.gif

I echo Ian's comments above about this refurb being an excellent job while keeping the original feel of the pavillion. The Soarin' signage and CM costumes are new, but harken back to the original look of EPCOT pavillions that opened in the early 80s. The rest of the pavillion is just beatiful. I was so worried that we would lose the balloons and the mosaics outside, but we have not.

Kudos to Imagineering on this one! graemlins/clappy.gif I haven't seen it in person, but I'm one happy passholder now! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

FigmentFanatic
04-20-2005, 09:54 PM
Just a little hope of The Land being open is good enough for me. Since we will be there all of next week I have more than one opportunity to catch it open hopefully. Thanks for letting us know smile.gif

Ghost1000
04-22-2005, 02:50 AM
The pavilion is now under a "soft" opening to all guests and both SoarN' and Living with the Land are operating on a regular schedule. Sunshine Seasons is expected to open when the pavilion officially opens May 1st. Garden Grill is still "to be decided". I'm hearing the following:
</font> Garden Grill reopening April 25th</font> Sunshine Seasons reopening April 29th</font>Guess we'll see . . . graemlins/mickey.gif

KathyMO
04-22-2005, 08:25 AM
I hope the Garden Grill opens before we get there on May 6th. All the pictures of the changes look great. Can't wait to ride SoarN'

Kathy graemlins/mickey.gif

Chimchimcheree
04-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Did they do away with the sunflower mural in the Garden Grill??
Is it no longer Farmer Mickey and friends? Maybe I missed it while reading through the thread, all I saw mentioned were Chip and Dale.
Will they still have the Ice Cream Social?

Ghost1000
04-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Chimchimcheree:
Will they still have the Ice Cream Social? Yes -- it is still available.

Crow
04-23-2005, 04:26 PM
thanks for the pic & update! dont know when ill get there again w things going on in my life but i like to keep updated. ive never eaten at Garden Grill but its on my list

tink4me
04-25-2005, 01:32 PM
Is the rumour of the garden grill being re-opened on the 25th true? I would love to eat there when we go May 8-14.

Figment!
04-25-2005, 05:03 PM
It is open, but it appears to be under a preview status, you can find updated information about this in The Land / Soarin' status (http://www.intercot.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/8/5879.html).

To keep all discussion in one place, I am going to direct all further discussion there.