PDA

View Full Version : Any info on IF&GF at Epcot kids programs?

Merryweather
04-07-2006, 12:06 PM
We're going during the IF&GF at Epcot and I read on the WDW web site something about , ladybug release events, butterfly gardens and other special child oriented programs for little ones. Does anyone know anything about these events? Thanks

magic my way
04-07-2006, 12:19 PM
This was the description from the 2005 event:

Minnie’s Magnificent Butterfly Garden- Located adjacent to Innoventions East / Mouse Gear: Experience hundreds of free-flying butterflies as you venture through lush foliage in this unique garden and butterfly house.

Ladybug Release – WaterFULL World: Help keep our plants healthy! Meet us at the WaterFULL World Garden and join in the fun. (subject to availability)

Carol
04-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Details of the festival can be found in info central.

Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/flowergarden.asp) :flower:

sacandjac
04-10-2007, 04:12 PM
I was also interested in the ladybug release so after some research, this is what I found on Disney's website:

Daily ladybug release at 1:00 and 3:00 at Growing Future Gardners (adjacent to the Germany Pavilion).

CM~Mserrano
04-13-2007, 01:47 PM
The lady bug release ahs always been fun. I remember the first time doing it with my parents. The CMs basically hand you a little box, I believe it had a ladybug picture on it, and it's kind of shaped like a one of those erasers that had the cardboard on the outside and the eraser on the inside, except the inside is a smaller box. My mom was the first one to get one and when she opened it, about 15-20 little ladybugs just flew out, she was very surprised because we weren't really expecting it. The lady bug release is great for kids.

The butterfly exhibit was nice last year, although it is in a fairly small screened area and was pretty crowded whenever we went by or inside. They have the free fling butterflies and some cocoons where kids can see them before they turn into butterflies, also, many different types of caterpillars and signs that tell you what kind of caterpillar turns into what kind of butterfly. Pretty neat as well!